Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,705 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary (32186 Views)

Lagos Shuts Isolo Hospital Mortuary / Man Woke-up In Mortuary After 7 Days / ‘dead’ Man Wakes Up After Three Days In Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by goggs(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2011
cold:

These kind of cases are rare but they do happen.It is referred to as the 'Lazarus Syndrome'.An allusion to the story of Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life.A more scientific term is known as a 'Near Death Experience (NDE)'. Where someone is pronounced 'clinically dead' but regains conciousness or a pulse is found moments or days later.So it is not a Nigerian phenomena as can be deduced from most of the comments here.

George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence10.html

well said!
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by 195(f): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2011
Only in Nigeria
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by cold(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2011
yamakuza:

How do you account for Rigor Mortis?

After how many days does decomposition commence?
A plausible explanation could be (And I emphasise,this is my personal opinion) based on the premise that rigor mortis sets in in phases; 1st phase-Delay period,2nd phase-onset period (reversible) 3rd phase-rigor (irreversible) & the 4th phase-Resolution.There is still a window of opportunity so to speak between phase 1 and phase 2 within a certain period.In addition, the duration it takes the different phases of rigor mortis to set in is also based on the climatic conditions of the immediate environment at the time.
One thing you need to realise is that in forensic,pathological practice,the intensity of rigor mortis is assessed on a purely subjective basis.Meaning whether skeletal muscles offer resistance when joints are moved (flexion/extension) may be determined differently by different physicians.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Olacharles: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2011
The man should just thank God that he isn't a muslim he would have been real dead inside the grave by now.
I think all these experiences should be an eye opener to our muslim brothers on the need to expunge/discard that aspect of quaran that stipulate that someone should be buried within 24 hours of his/her being declared dead.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by biilwwu(m): 11:46am On Nov 24, 2011
To Him that believe,all things shall be possible.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by mary21: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2011
This is so surprisingly to heard that a dead man of three days in the mortuary with full cooling condition can still come alive again. To me ,something is going wrong some where even according to the statement of the doctor .You should have see that the dead man might not be check before even taki8ng to the mortuary at all
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Yinkay: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
If the guy is a Muslim he would have been buried and later wake up to realised he has been deep-sixed,
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by KINGwax(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2011
190_@:

Only in Nigeria
why don't you shut your gob and read wider. There are so many cases around the world of premature burial, premature death and people who have been presumed dead. Most cases, when the corpse is exhumed, they found out the corpses face is full of agony and bloods on their finger nails coupled with scratchin patterns in and around the coffin which shows signs of struggle when met with the reality of being buried alive. So shut that trap!
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Gwazah(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2011
I don't lik dis idea of blaming medical personel 4 dis kind of story, dis is not natural, 3day in a mortuary? Even if u are unconcious u are bound 2die 4 just an hour in a working mortuary. Can some1 survive in de atmosphere of 0 degree cntg 4 even a day? 2me, de man is not ordinary man again we shud wait 4 his miracles. & anybody dat hurt him b4 dead shud be careful.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
Olacharles:

The man should just thank God that he isn't a muslim he would have been real dead inside the grave by now.
I think all these experiences should be an eye opener to our muslim brothers on the need to expunge/discard that aspect of quaran that stipulate that someone should be buried within 24 hours of his/her being declared dead.

i'm not a muslim, but u re a foollish christian for that comment!!!
illiteracy dey du u??

op, i'm sure the man must have been in a coma,
else, we'll start hearing of another man that was shown hell and heaven nd was sent back to earth with a message undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by eros(m): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
Welcome back to the world son.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
Lets hope this man will not become another object of worship, afterall christians worship another man who they claim resurrected after three days just like this man
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by jmoore(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2011
coma or not. for those doubting, how can one survive in a morgue for three days? dead bodies are not kept in open space in the mortuary. can u survive being in a casket for 3 days or being in a freezer for 3 days?
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by ayescopy: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2011
God you are so great! Let your NAME alone be glorified.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Globaltech: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
To some  that won't believe, God can do it again and again. it was  not a coincidence read (1) John 11:1-15,  Lazarus was raised , he died  and was  placed in the tomb for 4 days,(2) He also raised Jairus daughter{Mathew 9:18-26 and (3) the widows son {Luke 7:11-15} Believe in God. 

I  also have a friend that graduated from Ife (O.A.U) his land lord  & family (including my friend) always wake up  early in the morning  for devotions ,when it is the turn of his landlord to sing (for 4 years) his chosen  song will always be   mo sun mo ji -----  ojo meta (meaning I slept and woke up -----3 days) cant really remmember  the song now.

My friend was curious becos the man has no other song than that ( mo sun mo ji) every day for 4years ,  one day my friend asked him (after 4 yrs) why he chose to sing only that song ,he was dazed when the old man narrated his  car  accident story , how he was taken to hospital; pronounced dead by doctors and was  sent to the morgue only to be calling for help on the 3rd day from the morgue, at first people were scared to death but when he won't stop they summon courage and brought him out.

He said(the land lord) since then whenever they are doing  morning devotions that was his song of praise to God for bringing him back to life.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Iranoladun(f): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
All the people talking about freezer or zero degree temperature in the morgue are either not living in Nigeria or has never been near a Nigerian morgue.  They don't keep corpse inside a casket or freezer either. most time corpse are kept on a slab or even on the bare floor inside the so call morgue

Most of the government hospital morgue do not have constant electricity.  I don't know if the man was actually pronounced clinically dead before being deposited in the morgue but if he was probably in a coma it is possible for him to wake up in a typical Nigerian morgue without being frozen to death.

Lesson from this for the peeps running our public Morgue is to insist on a Doctor clinically certifying that someone is dead before being admitted in the morgue!]
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by goggs(m): 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2011
Iranoladun:

All the people talking about freezer or zero degree temperature in the morgue are either not living in Nigeria or has never been near a Nigerian morgue.  They don't keep corpse inside a casket or freezer either. most time corpse are kept on a slab or even on the bare floor inside the so call morgue

Most of the government hospital morgue do not have constant electricity.  I don't know if the man was actually pronounced clinically dead before being deposited in the morgue but if he was probably in a coma it is possible for him to wake up in a typical Nigerian morgue without being frozen to death.

Lesson from this for the peeps running our public Morgue is to insist on a Doctor clinically certifying that someone is dead before being admitted in the morgue!

Kai Dude, you took the words right outta my mouth!
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by MrCork17: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2011
he woke up to collect his salary! wink
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
Iranoladun:

Lesson from this for the peeps running our public Morgue is to insist on a Doctor clinically certifying that someone is dead before being admitted in the morgue!]

u re damn right,

in nigeria, heat dey even catch deadbody sef, grin grin grin
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
He probably wazn't dead,coulda been only clinically dead.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by obowunmi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
Freepeople and some morons on this thread are not Nigerians or don't live in Nigeria.

There's the story of the popular Alhaji who lived on Adeniyi Jones, he was macheted by armed robbers, while bleeding to death, hospital told his family to first go and bring the sum of 850,000 naira before they can treat him, By the time they came back with the money, the man had bled to death, Once again, whoever said my first comment was unreasonable, has never lived or does not live in Nigeria.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by obowunmi(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
If you don't have your money, Nigeria doctors will never treat you. Nor, will they check to see if you are dead or not, they will just dump you and move onto a patient with money. The treatment ends when your money stops.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by yamakuza: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
cold:

A plausible explanation could be (And I emphasise,this is my personal opinion) based on the premise that rigor mortis sets in in phases; 1st phase-Delay period,2nd phase-onset period (reversible) 3rd phase-rigor (irreversible) & the 4th phase-Resolution.There is still a window of opportunity so to speak between phase 1 and phase 2 within a certain period.In addition, the duration it takes the different phases of rigor mortis to set in is also based on the climatic conditions of the immediate environment at the time.
One thing you need to realise is that in forensic,pathological practice,the intensity of rigor mortis is assessed on a purely subjective basis.Meaning whether skeletal muscles offer resistance when joints are moved (flexion/extension) may be determined differently by different physicians.

ok sir!

So, for the decomposition part, we'll have to assume that he wasnt really dead abi?
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by elewele100: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Blezo4God: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
i believe. this is Almighty GOD in action.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2011
I read one mu-mu comment that MFM is try to seek for members. Have you been to prayer city before? For all of you that don't believe in miracles I pray that you encountered a problem that will lead you to believe that the supernatural power of God is still working
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by atasteve: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2011
After all said and done, there is a God in heaven that does wonderful things amongst the sons of men. I am a scientist but the truth is that things like this can only be done by Almighty God.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by pat077: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
The man shld tank God is nt a muslim otherwise he would ve been 6 ft under d ground b4 he woke up.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by baslone: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
Batam:

I read one mu-mu comment that MFM is try to seek for members. Have you been to prayer city before? For all of you that don't believe in miracles I pray that you encountered a problem that will lead you to believe that the supernatural power of God is still working

Another lost one.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by badlaw(f): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
in God we trust. 4 in him all things are very possible.no doubt it is real under d earth ;Dbut if it happen in Nigeria there is every doubt, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin cos no qualified Dr. to determine it reality
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by bonna4u(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
NDE, very interesting. Google here I come. The man in question is a very lucky man. It is not yet his time.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by alaanu(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
Olacharles:

Here we go again, don't you think your statement is insultive to muslims. Later , people will say muslims don't have religious tolerance.

How can you suggest that muslims should discard the aspect of the qu'ran that stipulate that the dead should be buried within 24 hours. You think the God they serve is like  man who changes their constitution just to satisfy a particular set.

It is just like asking christian to change their worship/service days to fridays instead of sundays because of a particular reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.