Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

What laptop do you recommend? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What laptop do you recommend? (5110 Views)

Which Laptop Do I Buy For Less Than N60, 000 / What Laptop Do U Suggest 4 100k Nd Below *new 1* / What Laptop Do I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What laptop do you recommend? by purplebelt(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2011
from my understanding,

There are two sources of RAM limitations for Netbooks:

Hardware: number of RAM slots and the maximum module size supported. A lot of Intel Atom based Netbooks have one slot supporting up to a 2GB module. (if it has 2 slots, then 4gb is definitelly possible)
Software: the common Windows 7 Starter Edition supports up to 2GB of RAM. A licensing limitation also limits manufacturers to only shipping with a maximum of 1GB installed.

Newer AMD based netbooks tend to support using a 4GB DDR3 1333 module but also then require an OS upgrade to make use of the extra memory. A good example are various Acer AO522 models.

i do not claim to be an authority here however, pls correct me if u find that i am wrong
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by marleygab(m): 8:30am On Nov 29, 2011
you are wrong many netbooks with win 7 starter ship with 2G memory already installed did you mean to say a maximum of 2G?
forgot to mention one of the latest sony vaio netbook with intel dual-core 1.86GHz (not 1.6GHz) is also a good choice comes on 250/1G though.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by stolenstone: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2011
acer aspire mini 500G/2G still remains unbeatable.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by Ruq: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2011
@Op

The one you stated is very ok for you. It's of normal standard. Go ahead i would only suggest you buy Hp or toshiba. With the same qualities you stated.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by bayo22: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2011
Hey there am using a compaq mini and is very good
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by bigfat01: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2011
i recommend this laptop HP Pavilion dv4-2165dx i am broke that is why i am giving it out at N85k bought it at 110k pm me bigfat on 080-2368-2532 lappi is 4 months old .thanks
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by arova: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
If you prize portability and battery life over power, choose the MacBook Air (though wait at least a few weeks. Rumor has it they will be updated soon and you don't want to be angry at yourself for not waiting just a little longer for a better product).
Christmas Treasure Hunt
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by Christine01(f): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2011
Ruq:

@Op

The one you stated is very ok for you. It's of normal standard. Go ahead i would only suggest you buy Hp or toshiba. With the same qualities you stated.

Thanks. I got this same advice from a colleague at work.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by purplebelt(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
smiley
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by homercole(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2011
I am thinking of buying a refurbished Dell laptop but not getting from where should I buy it,  And also before buying it I want to know is buying a refurbished laptop safe or not, If any body had used a refurbished laptop just share your experience so that I can get some tips before buying it,
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by Christine01(f): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2011
Please, what is the price of HP Pavilion dm1z and Acer Aspire one 722? Asked someone to help me check in Lagos- computer village. They weren't available in the market.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
homercole:

I am thinking of buying a refurbished Dell laptop but not getting from where should I buy it,  And also before buying it I want to know is buying a refurbished laptop safe or not, If any body had used a refurbished laptop just share your experience so that I can get some tips before buying it,

ebay , amazon or the manufacturers outlet. all the major manufacturers have online outlets where you can order refurbished laptops at a fraction of the price

i should know - the last 3 laptops i bought were manufacturer refurbished - one from the manufacturer, two from ebay. of course it means u have to be based in us or have someone there

BUYING REFURB IN NIGERIA IS A BIG RISK. Nigerians i'm sorry to say are very dishonest in this sort of thing. sor of the way car dealers will sell you a car that is 70% fked up. you might end of shelling out the cost of a new laptop to sort out all the problems.
Re: What laptop do you recommend? by putter: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
@OYB why are you so sad,  90% of all your posts on nairaland are negative,  and makes no sense. how can someone on nairaland ask for where to buy something and you are directing the person to US . the poster now seeked advice you now after condeming all the suggestions given by people you now suggested something not obtainable. perhaps because of your stupidity nigerians have duped you so many times man. i suggest you see a shrink man. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zte Mf180 Etisalat Intant Unlocker / Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. / Which Is The Fastest Downloader-idm Or Utorrent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.