Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive (28838 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by rachiwise(f): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2007
Yeah,watever!!!
But we get to advice someone in such situation.Abi u guys wan say Aids no be 4 reall?
Aids is out there o .Beware!!!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by fakande(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2007
Mr Skook, quite understand the way u feel but I am afraid I'm going to have to be hard on you, quit whining like an effing byatch and take life headlong!!! The days when being HIV+ sounded the death knell for anybody are long gone. Bro, conduct ur research and you'll be shocked to find out that there are still more people dying from malaria than from AIDS. People have HIV and still leave fulfilled and fun filled lives. I personally am friends with a couple who got married after they both discovered they were HIV+. They have two kids now and both kids are negative. Their story was on NEWSLINE so I'm not just cooking this up. There are numerous ways of managing the virus and also preventing mother to child transmission so get this suicidal stuff outta ur head and get a life for urself and for ur girl. Never forget that life has never been fair to anyone, u go out and u get it!!!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by osisi5: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2007
wham:

[size=16pt]This guys first instict after his Sad info about being infected was to join
NAIRALAND and share the news with tha whole NIGERIA

HOW FAKE wink wink wink

He joined nairaland today

This is his first and only post on nairaland and he felt so free emotionally and psycologically to spread the gist
[/size]

I think its a contovercial topic sha, KEEP UP THE [size=16pt]FICTION[/size]

Besides coleslove,the above is the only other response that fits this guy.
I don't know anyone in this life who receives a sad news from a doctor and his first instinct to come unto a site and seek sympathy from total strangers.
Many people live with HIV and it's no joke my friend.
Your dream may just come true.
I hope then,you'll be able to handle it.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by toney(m): 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Forum
joke or real, fact or fiction - a well reasoned and thought out advice is never wasted.
For all anybody knows somebody somewhere out there could actually be in such a situation (i mean - true life) and by some stroke of luck or divine making this person (victim) could happen upon this site or topic and befor you know it , he's applying these genuine suggestions.

@poster
if you u real, sorry man. Take heart and think straight. Remember u ain't dead until u'er dead. Follow the advice giving and see if u could still dialogue with your girl to accertain the "original contact source". It may even be from where u least expect or suspect and if so, others (around) need to be warned to be weary of that source.

But if u'er fake or simple fronting for someone (a true victim), then listen good these advices.
know why , course u may need them someday grin
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by centuar: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hi what's done is done-What has happened has happened.But pls dont be mean like some pple and try to spread it to ppl without their knowledge.Try and adopt a positve attitude before ur mind will kill u and start takin Antiretroviral drugs-They are even free in most hospitals.Everthing happens for a reason and it is how we face it that matters.
You could also try visiting Iris foundation in Ogba -I heard they hav very good Herbal therapies for the virus.
Oh and pls if u do the test and it turns out positive do ur girlfriend the favour of telling her and asking her to do the test herself too.
Sh**t happens!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Timmi: 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2007
@ Seun, do you know that the fact that you exist proves that there is God?. Think about it.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tayo4me(f): 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2007
How are you sure u got it from your girlfriend. You said you are sure you got it from her,- maybe because you knew she sleeps around. If that is the case, why did you continue having sex with her. I guess you thought you could never catch the virus or maybe the girl was just too 'sweet' to do without.

Let us be frank with ourselves, killing yourself will not solve your problems, but will only add to it. Suicide is a sin in the sight of God, so by killing yourself you have two major issues to sought out with God- killing yourself and pre-marital sex.

If you did not know, pre-marital sex is a sin on its own (I am not saying married people cannot also get the virus). You got the virus through pre-marital sex and now you want to kill yourself-------------------- i fear for you oooo.

If you love yourself just go for the necessary treatments and ask God for forgiveness. With the drugs you can have healthy children and you don't need to spread the virus, cuz that will be bad of you.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by pewekac: 12:57am On Sep 24, 2007
wham:

This guys first instict after his Sad info about being infected was to join
NAIRALAND and share the news with tha whole NIGERIA

HOW FAKE wink wink wink

He joined nairaland today

This is his first and only post on nairaland and he felt so free emotionally and psycologically to spread the gist
[/size]

I think its a contovercial topic sha, KEEP UP THE [size=16pt]FICTION
wham you don't know anything do you?

most likely the author is a regular poster but having received the sad news he's somehow afraid/ashamed so he signed up with a new user ID-name so as to hide under the cloak of anonymousity
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by hivpozmale: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2007
Oh boy, welcome to my world as a hiv poz male. I know what you are going through but brace yourself for there is hope, You just have to do your research very well and get ready to move on. HIV positive people have longer term progressors, i.e people that survive for long time without even medication till death paths them. Another group is for people who will be on medication the rest of their life. the final group is for people who at some point after being positive, their body can no longer fight the virus themselves so they will start medication.

You mentioned you can't have kids but there is always hope, you adopt kids, you can do sperm washing, and just so before you blame your girl friend, she may be hiv negative. Sex is not the only way to get hiv and having your own clipper is not the only way to be safe either.

I was a virgin when i tested positive and that was out of HIV awareness. I wasnt having sex at that time so don't blame the poor girl yet. You maybe ashamed of yourself to find out that she has no virus at all and she will be the one to leave you and run and you can't stop her. So keep calm and inform her to get tested.

Finally, if you need emotional support, please visit www.thebody.com a comprehensive resourse for hivers to live and learn. To God be the glory
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Qc1(m): 2:50am On Sep 24, 2007
A forum is where you can post a thread to receive diffrent opinion /knowledge /advise from others. NOT TO BE CONFUSE with the definition of chartroom.

Real or fiction the reason we are here is to chime in on a thread an contribute our 2 cent to help others.

@ OP (Original poster)

I strongly believe if you take hunger out of poverty, then the problem is half solved. Gentleman, acknowledging your problem is the first step showing how mentally strong you are! I comend your coming out on this to a forum where others should be reminded that it's a dog-eat-dog world (in term of unsafe sex) out there. The very next step you should do is get your girlfriend tested and get counselling immediately.

You can still live a great life to contributing to the awareness of HIV+ by reching out to people(like you did here) and live your dream too. For what is what, You should seek God, from this day on.

I wish you well and good luck.

@ nairaland

Say yes to faithful marriage, NO TO AIDS!!!

BEWARE, BE SMART and BE CAREFUL.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by yongbabe(f): 5:46am On Sep 24, 2007
for those sayin God will heal him.
he will not. in the eyes of God ur not sopposed 2 be sleepin with ur GF.
go n test 2 see if u need 2 start medication. n dont seat ther waitin 4 God 2 come down and heal u.
u did not protect urself now u have aids and ur complainin.

i sympatise with u.but ur life is not over yet.
u want 2 kill urself fine but dont take anyone else with you.

And if this whole trend is 4 attention, tunder fire u!!!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by GL(f): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2007
i had the impression that the poster's story was fake when i saw the topic but just decided to read it anyway. now i'm scared, i knew all along dat hiv isnt from sex alone, but really, it's something i never think about. after reading all the posts i'm really thinking about hiv,

it's very possible dat the poster just wanted to give us something to talk about. but i think the advice in the replies would help other ppl.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by sanrima(f): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2007
sorry u contacted hiv but all the same its not the end of ur world, just try and visit one of these heart2heart centres, u will feel better after u,v been councilled. and as for revenging on ur babe, hmn, its not the right thing to do cos she did not force u 2 sleep with her without protection neither did she rape u shocked shocked sad
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by dasilver22: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2007
@poster

I'm not God to know if u are lying or not but all I want to say is this: don't kill yourself. I have alot of friends living with the virus and they are healthy. Its just a virus! if u can control it, there is no problem. Magic Johnson have been living with it for over 12-13yrs and the guy looks like a horse, so strong and fine. And who told u u can't have kids?if u get married to someone positive like u, and she gets pregnant, the doctors will give her some injections and drugs that will protect the child from the virus and when she delivers the child will be negative. so u can get married and live your normal life. and do u know what? the drugs are now absolutely free of charge. without a kobo! just mail me at lets talk better. B4 i forget, don't hate or kill your girl, u don't know how she got it herself.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by henry007(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2007
d only thing i can say since i shldnt be found in this thread is dat i hate [size=18pt]AIDS[/size]
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Sonye(f): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2007
Phewww!!!
Now i m confused. If i say words of encouragement and its a joke, i'll feel stupid. And if i don't, i'll feel bad
But as for joining nairaland after hearing the sad news, aren't u guys thinking that he must be an old nairaland member that is ashamed of his status so he decided to register all over again to get encouragement from us? He might just be a popular nairalander and just can't face the embarassment. Think about it guys undecided
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by bennie81(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2007
sorry bro, it's not easy living with this virus, the emotional trauma been induced is something that no one, except the infected person can understand. i want to say that every critic should shut their trash, cos not everyone have the courage to go for hiv test not to talk of make it public. take it or leave it any body that have not conducted the hiv test is a potential carrier, so dont criticise so much, you may be living with it without knowing you have it. guy, take heart i want to assure you that with right information you can get cured. and may i say once again to all you harsh guys, shut up!!!!!!! if dont have a better advise, whether the topic is authentic or not it is educative, and others can learn from it.!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2007
whether he is lying or not, he came here for advice and encouragement the best is to give it to him or stay off angry. if he is

lying

then its left for him because he does not know its a curse he is putting on himself. but why would a person want to

claim to be a hiv patient shocked. as for those saying he just got the news

and decide to share it with strangers than close friends or family. i am not surprised by the statement, i don't think you

people ever took any psychology course.

sometimes when an individual receives a news that might be threating or bad, such person most times would be

skeptical

about breaking it to family or friends because he/she is afraid what the reaction of family and friends would be.

sometimes the individual would prefer to share it with strangers who do not know them because they feel its safe, and cannot be

used against them, this often helps them decide whether to tell close ones yet through the reaction of strangers. this

does not make them stupid its just a psychological process certain people undergo. please do us all a favor go learn a

bit of psychology.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by mekoyo(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2007
@ wham

Why not give the guy a chance to seek for solution to his problem. Whether it is fale or not, you have no business with that. He needs help and i'm sure he'll get it.

You dont know why he has come here to lay down his problems, maybe he can't confront someone on a one on one contact and thats why he wants to see the views of nairalanders. Why not let him be and give him some advice if you have any.

Problems are meant to be solved and i'll be glad if you can join hands with those willing to seek assistance.

Thanks.

@poster
Just follow the advice you have recieved so far from some nairaland members and please dont do anything stupid.
You still have a life to live and i'll be glad if you can just live it to the fullest and dont even think of spreading the disease.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by mekoyo(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2007
If this is a joke, it's an expensive one. 'Cos u're professing dome into yr life. On the other hand take 3 other tests at 3 different labs for confirmation. If positive, go for counseling, pray & leave the rest to God. He'll definitely heal u, 'because He's awesome.

Meanwhile, get yr babe to go for her test, so that innocent beings don't get infected by both of u. You've been swearing of murdering yr babe, u might extend it to infecting every girl that comes yr way.

Take heart.

Good one there.

To you guys out there please abstain from premarital sex its not good for you.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by acidrop(f): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2007
OMG am so sorry, even more sorry if u didn’t deserve the illment, but don’t commit suicide, let nature takes its coarse, u still have hope u know, as 4 ur girlfriend she is not going unpunished, she got d HIV too, abi?
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Twayin(f): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2007
while i can imagine that you're not having it easy, avenging will not help neither will suicide. Just be strong and ask God to see you through this difficult moment, pls go for counselling and start medication as soon as possible.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by uchetobi(f): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2007
Truth or false.My 2cents are u have to stop pointing accusing fingers at ur chik. Its natural to want to shift the blame on to someone else but truth is if u are old enough to have sex u should be old enough to knw the consequences and protect urself against them. So my dear look within u dere lies the blamae.

After accepting dat fact u could so a lot of research on the internet on how to live with HIV. u aint the first 2 hv it and it doesnt mean u are dyin 2moro. All the best
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by BASETSANA(f): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2007
l share your  pain,,but please know that in al this you not alone,ending your life is not a solution just eat the right foods and get  the  drugs the ARV
HIV IS NOT AN END BUT A BEGINING
wil be with you in my prayers
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by tommyex(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2007
DOCTOR WHAM

DONT MIND THE GUY,thats why i asked him if thats why he joined NAIRAground.

IF SOME1 GETS A BAD NEWS,IS THIS THE 1ST THING OR PLACE 2 COME.

@Poster just try 2 answer us,I like ur ID,I am jus so sure u have another 1 in nairaland,so whats d other 1

Henry,u no serious oo
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by nonysmith(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2007
i dont believe him ooh, but lets say its true,yes we know he cud hav used a condom and all that but dont forget he said she is his first love, common guys u knw ure alwayss prone to go skin wen that is your first luv especially if u are her first luv also, so wake up nairaland d guy needs advice not condemnation, so my guy if uy kill your self or ur chick d devil will definitely be waiting for u in hell, and u know it.so give your life to christ first, go get counselling next,u kan hav kids my guy and dey will be free of hiv.wen u get counseling ask, and si it is not even as wicked as cancerrrrr, so be happy man join the usaid and work there, that way u have a job and u are helping people like you
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2007
pls for the sake of the naive ones in here,can u tell us the symptoms u observe and how u feel so we cn knw n encourage others to go for the test
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by acidrop(f): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2007
I cant believe some people will lie about that, playing wit ur life ehhhh?
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by dj4wealth: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
My Brother Take Heart. Life goes on. Remain Faithful to the lord.

Advice to others: marriage bed should not be defiled.

Dont sleep with "just any girl"

Before sex go for HIV test. "Nobody is immuned"
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by cyl(f): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2007
I dont apportion blame to anyone, neither you nor the girl.It could be anyone wether or not you play safe.

My candid advice to you is to seek counselling,start on antiritrovirals and if u can only just believe,all things are possible, There's healing in the name that is above all names,just act in faith (after truly repenting and forgiving your girlfriend) and dare to trust God, A testimony must follow.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by dustydee: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2007
It's not the end of the world man.I ve tried to imagine my reaction if i was told that I was HIV positive and believe me it wasnt funny, Be positive man.Good luck.
Re: My Doctor Says I'm HIV Positive by steinalb(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2007
is a pity,i quite sure u can live a kool life wit it just go 4 counselling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators / UNIMAID Student Undergoes Successful Facial Surgery After Acid Attack / Dr. Ada Igonoh Gives Birth To A Boy In California, USA (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.