Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (209418 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gogodaye(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
mili3kid:
01) volkswagen
02) Golf 3
03) 1.8L
04) manual transmission
05) 1993
pls I need help. whenever I carry friends in my car. when going over normal bumps or rough roads my car always touches the ground. however i'm thinking abt raising it since changing tyres is a lil expensive for me now but i need expert advice on whats best... thank you.
Be careful so that you do not get yourself and the occupants of your car killed by proceeding with 'raising your car' as you've just been wrongly advices....
The best option is to get new tyre sizes to give your car some added clearance from the road surface.....
I'll suggest you try out this tyre size specifications- 185/70 R14 88H......
Stay off any suggestion to raise the body of the car.......

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Olalash: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi,
I have a VW Jetta 2007 model, though it drives fine but it has a transmission problem. during the acceleration process the gear 2 selection skips and this makes the car jerk, it is automatic and when I took it for a check I was told the valve body needs to be change, having done several gear oil testing and changing. please advise how do I get a good valve body
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
Olalash:
Hi,
I have a VW Jetta 2007 model, though it drives fine but it has a transmission problem. during the acceleration process the gear 2 selection skips and this makes the car jerk, it is automatic and when I took it for a check I was told the valve body needs to be change, having done several gear oil testing and changing. please advise how do I get a good valve body

I can supply you with a brand new valve body. Please post your number, so I can add you to the Whatsapp group.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Olalash: 10:48am On Sep 23, 2015
Siena:

I can supply you with a brand new valve body. Please post your number, so I can add you to the Whatsapp group.

MY number is 08172333873
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hello house pls l add advice,someone want to sell Audi A6 year 02 and he says it was brought from uk so conversion was done and l love the car want to change from honda to audi.l advice as quick as possible to make my decision
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Siena come to my aid before l sell my honda and make a wrong choice
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ora10g: 1:55am On Sep 26, 2015
Olalash:
Hi,

I have this same car but 2006 also with same problem, all diagnoses were done on the gearbox but nothing, we checked the gearbox seat/transmission mount and it was broken, we changed it and problem was fully minimized and never noticed again except very few occasions and my mechanic said it should be the solenoid that is bad and that very hard to get a replacement but that the gearbox will never give up, only few occasions u may have the jerk which u can live with and this seems to be true because i hardly experience it.

so if ur mounts are good and the problem is not often, instead of spending big money on valve body, u can just manage it, except all is ok with the car and the jerk is common.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
princejones:
Hello house pls l add advice,someone want to sell Audi A6 year 02 and he says it was brought from uk so conversion was done and l love the car want to change from honda to audi.l advice as quick as possible to make my decision
am still waiting for response oga sienna.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drhappy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dear all, pls I need help for my Golf 3 1997 model, 1.8L, i4, automatic gear. The battery(which is relatively new) became flat last week and I used a jumper cable to start the engine which came on at the first attempt and has been ok till now.However, I noticed that the mileage indicator/gauge only shows the normal mileage when the engine is switched off.Immediately I kickstart the car, the mileage disappears and is replaced by a blinking CErr which alternates with - - - - - - (six dash lines). I had removed the battery terminals but the issue persists on replacing them back. I drove the car round town today hoping it would rectify itself but it's still the same. Pls help! Thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by redcliff: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
princejones:
am still waiting for response oga sienna.

Hmnm
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
princejones:

Much as I love the Audi Brand, I am also wary of Nigerian RHD-LHD conversions. For this reason, I would advise you walk away from this Audi A6. If you truly like it (the C5 A6 is a great car, more so in Quattro guise) I would advise you go for a LHD car.

My apologies for responding so late, I am seldom on here, as you may see from my posts. I have migrated over to the Audi Whatsapp Group, as have many Audi / Volkswagen users here. If you wish to be added, please post your number here.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
drhappy:
Dear all, pls I need help for my Golf 3 1997 model, 1.8L, i4, automatic gear. The battery(which is relatively new) became flat last week and I used a jumper cable to start the engine which came on at the first attempt and has been ok till now.However, I noticed that the mileage indicator/gauge only shows the normal mileage when the engine is switched off.Immediately I kickstart the car, the mileage disappears and is replaced by a blinking CErr which alternates with - - - - - - (six dash lines). I had removed the battery terminals but the issue persists on replacing them back. I drove the car round town today hoping it would rectify itself but it's still the same. Pls help! Thanks.

Looks like your instrument cluster has logged an error code. You'll need to get the instrument cluster scanned for DTC's. No generic scanner will do this. You'll need VCDS, that can access controller 17, which is Dash Panel Insert.

If you need any more assistance, feel free to post your number, so I can add you to the Audi Whatsapp Group.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Siena:

Much as I love the Audi Brand, I am also wary of Nigerian RHD-LHD conversions. For this reason, I would advise you walk away from this Audi A6. If you truly like it (the C5 A6 is a great car, more so in Quattro guise) I would advise you go for a LHD car.

My apologies for responding so late, I am seldom on here, as you may see from my posts. I have migrated over to the Audi Whatsapp Group, as have many Audi / Volkswagen users here. If you wish to be added, please post your number here.
This is my number for the whatsup group.And what of if it was converted abroad
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
princejones:
This is my number for the whatsup group.And what of if it was converted abroad

What number??
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Olalash: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Hi, thanks a lot for the advise please can I get your contact so we can talk about this better and I can also give it to your mechanic to see if he can help

I have this same car but 2006 also with same problem, all diagnoses were done on the gearbox but nothing, we checked the gearbox seat/transmission mount and it was broken, we changed it and problem was fully minimized and never noticed again except very few occasions and my mechanic said it should be the solenoid that is bad and that very hard to get a replacement but that the gearbox will never give up, only few occasions u may have the jerk which u can live with and this seems to be true because i hardly experience it.

so if ur mounts are good and the problem is not often, instead of spending big money on valve body, u can just manage it, except all is ok with the car and the jerk is common.

[/quote]
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ora10g: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Olalash:
Hi, thanks a lot for the advise please can I get your contact so we can talk about this better and I can also give it to your mechanic to see if he can help

Oh bro, i am in ghana sorry. same as my mechanic.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by billionjoys: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by samally: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
Greeting to you brothers in the house.......
I need advice on Audi A3 1.9TDI 2000-2003*DIESEL*..A junior colleague of mine is using this car....
and i must confess i dont think there is any Japanese car that can try to bit her horsepower couple with the yrs in used..because the dude said the car as been in his possession for the past 5yrs and up till now the vehicle is still in top shape.....
Travel from Lagos to borno non stop and the third from maiduguri to abuja ..and 3days later from maiduguri to Kano...the guy just change his engine oil and filter..and i asked him is that all? no shocks,suspension overhaul and he said NO...

Now, am tempt to get one..Oga siena i need your help on this!!!...
What model is good for Nigeria my choice from 1999-2003 *Diesel*
Does this car as Electrical problem?
and are the do and undo with this car..
and last..can you help me to purchase one?

Hope to read from you and the rest of the Audi crew
Shalom
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 3:10am On Sep 29, 2015
Siena:

Thanks oga sienna and what of if the conversion was done abroad should l go ahead and buy it and how is it fuel consumption
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by princejones(m): 3:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Siena:

Thanks oga sienna and what of if the conversion was done abroad and how is it fuel consumption
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by JoBabs(m): 3:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Hello bro, please I'd like you to please add me to the group, I'm having gear issues with my Audio A4 '99 model there about after having a minor accident with it, the sump got damaged and I didn't know about that immediately so the engine almost got knocked and I was advised to change the damaged part in the engine but ever since the gear doesn't change quickly, it'd jack before it changes. Please my number is 08067182541 kindly add me please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.