Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (209725 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by abidav2000(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2018
Hello car gurus. Pls how good is Volkswagen Passat 2003 model? Urgent and honest answer pls.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Shugarlord213: 1:09am On Mar 19, 2018
Someone should help me out here, I met this dude online and he showed me a car Toyota Camry 2000 and that the car is going for 300k. Just that the only problem is the AC. That it needs to be refilled.

Some questions I need answered by my professionals here

1)How much does a AC Camry cost
2)is there any possibility that I am going to be scammed. Because the dude sounded so genuine

The car is in Ogun State meanwhile I told him I was at Lagos. (Am abt Edo)He even insisted I come for inspection. I no wan waste money and time
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
abidav2000:
Hello car gurus. Pls how good is Volkswagen Passat 2003 model? Urgent and honest answer pls.
very good if u get any without electrical fault........ Read my signature
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by RaphaElArmstron: 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys I have a used very clean 2015 VW Passat for sale ,with Nav, and dash wood finish trim.. g.. please contact 07060555558

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by UmmTwins2: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
deathwing:
I used to have this issue.

When you lock the car (stay in the quiet place so you can concentrate), do you hear a hissing sound like air escaping from somehwere within the doors? If yes, there's there's vacuum leak or disconnection somewhere. I traced the tiny vacuum pipe and fixed it. If not you should prolly have a rewire get it checked.
Thanks very much for ur help, I really appreciate. Just saw this now; been offline for awhile

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by prisonbreak: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2018
Hello Sir, many thanks for the job you're doing, God bless you richly. I finally feel like I'm talking with someone who understands Volkswagen brand.

Please I need help here.
I drive a Volkswagen jetta
2006 model
2.5 engine

Six months ago I noticed that my transmission wasn't shifting smoothly, it was really disturbing until I stumbled upon a gentleman who advised to change the oil which we did. We used mobile oil and the gear got better. A few days back the same gear issues resurfaced, hard shift sometimes engine fires and struggles to go into gear 3/4.
i got to change the oil just yesterday, my mechanic said to use a particular brand called holt, as we speak the car won't even enter gear 2,mechanic now says there's a problem with my gear box.
It's interesting because I drove the car myself to his workshop, now it's not even driveable as it stalls in gear one. It's bad.

Please with your well of experience, what will you propose? Could it be the holt isn't working well with my car?

I also got the car scanned yesterday, it detected no2 plug bad and misfire.
Please help

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by skillip(m): 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
prisonbreak:
Hello Sir, many thanks for the job you're doing, God bless you richly. I finally feel like I'm talking with someone who understands Volkswagen brand.

Please I need help here.
2006 model
2.5 engine

Six months ago I noticed that my transmission wasn't shifting smoothly, it was really disturbing until I stumbled upon a gentleman who advised to change the oil which we did. We used mobile oil and the gear got better. A few days back the same gear issues resurfaced, hard shift sometimes engine fires and struggles to go into gear 3/4.
i got to change the oil just yesterday, my mechanic said to use a particular brand called holt, as we speak the car won't even enter gear 2,mechanic now says there's a problem with my gear box.
It's interesting because I drove the car myself to his workshop, now it's not even driveable as it stalls in gear one. It's bad.

Please with your well of experience, what will you propose? Could it be the holt isn't working well with my car?

Please help

please. , let them scan it for you, don't let them continue with all this trial and error. Calm down it can be fixed though.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by sosidauto(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
prisonbreak:

Please I need help here.
2006 model
2.5 engine

Please help

Holtz oil is one of the most recommended oil for volks automatic gearbox so I don't think the oil is the issue here..the problem could be from the valve body or the multifunctional switch or socket ...you need a gear box master if you are interested chat me up on 08163529294 .
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2018
RaphaElArmstron:
Hi guys I have a used very clean 2015 VW Passat for sale ,with Nav, and dash wood finish trim.. g.. please contact 07060555558
price please

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 9:43pm On May 30, 2018
I stand to be corrected but if you an auto enthusiast or avid DIY

One of the best OBD II softwares for mobile devices is Carista.

Watch a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvC4tKD37G4 I have no time to do my own review.

The beauty of Carista is the integration of some dealer level diagnostics for a price next to nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIon5pXMic

The advanced features are paid for BUT THE COMPANY IS CURRENTLY TESTING SOME ADVANCED FEATURES IN BETA, SO YOU CAN TEST DRIVE THOSE WITHOUT PAYING AT THE MOMENT.

Details below:

currently looking for beta testers with the following vehicles:

BMW E-chassis models from 2008 - new customizations

Nissan, Infiniti, Renault, Dacia 2008+ – advanced diagnostics and customizations

Audi A4 B9, Q5 2017+ – customizations

VW Up!, Skoda Citigo, Seat Mii - customizations

BMW F-chassis models – customizations

Drop us an email at support@caristaapp.com to be added to the beta testing program and specify the following:

The exact brand, model and year of your vehicle
Your mobile platform: Android or iOS
(Android only - the Google account you use in Google Play Store)
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Rans77: 10:07pm On May 30, 2018
Just got a Tokunbo 2005 Toyota Sienna, Very comfortable. Full AC.. Call me on 08106369602 to hire my vehicle for your inter-state trips.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by austinofex(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2018
I have Naija used ml350 4matic for sale, 2008 model 3.2m negotiable, very neat, used for 3 months, working Ac.
I have naija used rx300 1.3m negotiable, with functioning Ac, sound engine, a neat car
contact number/WhatsApp :08139169686
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by lukman22: 1:10pm On May 31, 2018
Sorry for what you are passing through with your car. To drive a VW car, you need to read and understand the car very well. Transmission oil for cars have specifications, you should always stick with what your car manufacturer recommends. This Transmission on these cars is so sensitive that any oil change without the right specification will or may damage the gear. Guess you Transmission is 09G type,look for and buy oil that covers this type of transmission. Always research before agreeing with mechanic own diagnosis

Goodluck

prisonbreak:

Please I need help here.
2006 model
2.5 engine

Please help

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 4:24am On Jun 02, 2018
New VW thread

Currently attempting to diagnose and resolve a car that starts and idles but does not accelerate/rev/respond to throttle input

It is a 2004 Volkswagen Bora/Jetta 1.6 that has been transformed into a 2.0 courtesy of a heart implant read that to men engine exchange

https://www.nairaland.com/4515362/dealership-level-diagnostics-vw-group
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by veek2(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2018
My 2009 passat tsi keeps running down batteries. It's at Gbagada. Can anyone help?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
veek2:
My 2009 passat tsi keeps running down batteries. It's at Gbagada. Can anyone help?

Parasitic drain.

Have you installed any aftermarket device on your car? tracker? stereo system? whatever?

Is there a history of repair before you noticed this?

Did it just happen out of the blues?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by 9icetoo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
prisonbreak:

Please I need help here.
2006 model
2.5 engine

Please help

first of all, drain the oil out and stop trial and error.
look for the genuine Volkswagen transmission oil for your gearbox and replace what you have there now. that's the first start then go to any Volkswagen dealership and ask for someone amongst the technicians who can scan your car with a vagcom and interpret the codes.
volks of that year and onwards rely entirely on electronics to function and all modules are monitored and can be diagnosed with a vagcomm.
you may install a new gear box and still have same issues if you haven't solved the underlying issue. no one here can solve your problem without a vag com or carista app or a scanner that can scan the modules in your car and not just the ecu.
I hope you get your issues fixed though and when you do please don't forget to update thread so others can learn from you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Another Carista story:

VW OWNERS! HUGE Savings over using VagCom. This has access to the CAN like I would expect. I thought I would risk it with this thing. It worked!

Costs:
Carista $40
CaristaApp Pro $40/year (with 1-month free trial, must sign up, and then cancel using iTunes (Icloud Subscriptions)).
CaristaApp 1 Week Pro $10/each.
CaristaApp Free (Diagnosis only, Settings Only?)

No hidden costs! It's all there on the internet. This is just a company using subscription-based services, whats called "fee for value" pricing. That's where everything is going.

I have a 2009 VW GTI I needed to configure. I need a check engine light clear. I want my DRL's disabled (I bought a 5 position headlight switch and I want more control over the USA model GTI HID's, and DRL. I want my windows to roll up and roll down with the key fob. I want my alarm to stop honking. I would like to be able to "black out" while driving at night in case I need to pull a Smokey and The Bandit stunt. I want to disable the flashing lights when I unlock my car. Oh yea, my car has no traction in first gear, just hops the tires down the street. 1st is worthless in a GTI. I don't have VagCom and I don't want to pay $200 for the thing.

All of these things are resolved with Carista. I did not have to pay $200 for VagCom adapter, and don't have to go to the old guy at the shop again. I paid $39 for this device and used the 1 month free pro trial to "dial everything in" the way I like it. I've had it for three days. I have 27 left... I disabled my HID as DRL, and Disabled DRL all together, which makes use of my new 5 position headlight switch ($15 on amazon). Now I can black out or go with Fog and Markers only. Now I have FTP lights that were formerly never used on my car. I can roll my windows up and down from the KeyFob now. If I turn my headlights to "Off", I have no lights on the car at all! I made it so when I lock the car I get a hazard blink, no sound, and when I unlock the car, no sound and no light. And the best for last, there is a CAN setting called TSC or "Torque Steering Compensation". Look it up! OMG I can accelerate like a bat out of hell now and no tire hop... the computer is keeping traction in control. OMG this car is fast but the CAN settings were not to my liking. Performance increases like this are usually expensive! Carista... I'm not paying $40 a year. But I love you. I'll pay $10 for a week if I ever need to again. I'm out driving... peace out. Thanks for the thing.

Screenshots of the settings for a VW GTI to give you an idea what it can do. Note: I have made illegal modifications to my car with these menus. Use at your own risk. Let's just say... I fly low.

Source:https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R19Z79ODR9N0RK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00YVHGTBM#R19Z79ODR9N0RK

Follow my VW thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/4515362/dealership-level-diagnostics-vw-group
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by veek2(m): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2018
It started suddenly. No device was recently installed. The most recent repair was change of shock absorbers.

AutoElectNG:

Parasitic drain.

Have you installed any aftermarket device on your car? tracker? stereo system? whatever?

Is there a history of repair before you noticed this?

Did it just happen out of the blues?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
veek2:
It started suddenly. No device was recently installed. The most recent repair was change of shock absorbers.

Is your Passat American or European?

Front or rear shocks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by veek2(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
I don't know if it's American or European. How do I check? It was the from shocks I changed.

AutoElectNG:

Is your Passat American or European?

Front or rear shocks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
veek2:
I don't know if it's American or European. How do I check? It was the from shocks I changed.

Front or rear shocks?

Send me your VIN via whatsapp
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
veek2:

I need your VIN. I also want you to tell me if it were front or rear shocks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by emekax180(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
01) VW
02) Golf
03) 1.8L
04) Manual
05) 1998
06) Euro
07) FWD

Car Starts and drives normally, Jerks occasionally especially between 2000 to 3000 RPM and accelerates sluggishly. Fuel Consumption appears Normal.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by sosidauto(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
emekax180:
01) VW
02) Golf
03) 1.8L
04) Manual
05) 1998
06) Euro
07) FWD

Car Starts and drives normally, Jerks occasionally especially between 2000 to 3000 RPM and accelerates sluggishly. Fuel Consumption appears Normal.

Sir!
Laying a complaint about the car or you wanna sell the car??
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by sosidauto(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
I am not an Engineer but I have good engineers that can help fix your Volkswagen cars and I also have original volks spare parts both new and tokunbo...contact me on
08163529294 or 09090709620
Email: Succeedchukwu@gmail.com
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by psalmson001: 4:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Please i have a few question thats very detrimental to a decision im about to make .

How reliable is the volkswagen golf 4?

What is the fuel consumption like?

Which is better and cheaper to maintain between the manual transmission & auto trans?

What are the ups & downs of this vehicle?

Everybody iv talked to keeps saying one thing, that i should run away from golf 4 coz of its too many electrical problems. How true is this?

Thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 4:25am On Jul 05, 2018
psalmson001:
Please i have a few question thats very detrimental to a decision im about to make .

How reliable is the volkswagen golf 4?

What is the fuel consumption like?

Which is better and cheaper to maintain between the manual transmission & auto trans?

What are the ups & downs of this vehicle?

Everybody iv talked to keeps saying one thing, that i should run away from golf 4 coz of its too many electrical problems. How true is this?

Thanks.

Start here https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/volkswagen/golf-mk4/
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoElectNG: 4:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by psalmson001: 6:41am On Jul 05, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (57) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.