Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:41 AM

The Immigration Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Immigration Scam (1248 Views)

The Conman Got 7 Years In Jail After 16 Years Of Immigration Scam / The Crystal Service immigration Scam / Going Through The Immigration Process To Bring Your Nigerian Husband To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Immigration Scam by eviegold: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
What kind of a scam is the UK border pulling on us Nigerians? Why are we tolerating such injustices? I would rather the UK border stipulate that we should not bother applying for a UK visa, unless we are under the age of seventy, otherwise we are unlikely to be awarded one. Instead we embark on this farcical procedure of submitting a genuine application, paying the correct fee (and all unofficial fees I hasten to add). Then we wait, and wait. Eventually it's up to us to make that tedious Journey to Lagos to find out what has happened with our application, only to discover that we have not been awarded a visa for whatever whimsical reason. Oh the heart rendering woe that follows when we realise that we will not be with our relatives soon and that we are now out of pocket. The application process for a visa to the UK is unfair because the UK border looks for ways of refusing us a visa, at the same time take our hard earned cash to fill their greedy pockets. Enough is enough. How much longer will us Nigerians continue to tolerate such injustices?
Re: The Immigration Scam by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
eviegold:

What kind of a scam is the UK border pulling on us Nigerians? Why are we tolerating such injustices? I would rather the UK border stipulate that we should not bother applying for a UK visa, unless we are under the age of seventy, otherwise we are unlikely to be awarded one. Instead we embark on this farcical procedure of submitting a genuine application, paying the correct fee (and all unofficial fees I hasten to add). Then we wait, and wait. Eventually it's up to us to make that tedious Journey to Lagos to find out what has happened with our application, only to discover that we have not been awarded a visa for whatever whimsical reason. Oh the heart rendering woe that follows when we realise that we will not be with our relatives soon and that we are now out of pocket. The application process for a visa to the UK is unfair because the UK border looks for ways of refusing us a visa, at the same time take our hard earned cash to fill their greedy pockets. Enough is enough. How much longer will us Nigerians continue to tolerate such injustices?

What type of visa did you apply for and what was the reason for the refusal?
Re: The Immigration Scam by eviegold: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
My cousin recently applied for a family visitors visa. She was refused a visa because her husbands bank statement showed a large payment deposited and withdrawn within a space of two weeks.
Re: The Immigration Scam by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2011
eviegold:

My cousin recently applied for a family visitors visa. She was refused a visa because her husbands bank statement showed a large payment deposited and withdrawn within a space of two weeks.

Does your cousin work? Did she show the source of that large sum of money? Something like payslip or Tax Clearance etc?

Did she submit any document from her family in the UK inviting her?
Re: The Immigration Scam by eviegold: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
I'm her sponsor here in the UK. I supplied her with all the correct documentation. My cousin does not work, therefore she supplied all her husbands financial documents for the application. My cousin's husband is building a house in his village and it was the husbands brother who sent the money. Nothing at all to do with my cousin.
Re: The Immigration Scam by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
eviegold:

I'm her sponsor here in the UK.  I supplied her with all the correct documentation.  My cousin does not work, therefore she supplied all her husbands financial documents for the application.  My cousin's husband is building a house in his village and it was the husbands brother who sent the money.  Nothing at all to do with my cousin.

As her sponsor you are required to send her proof of accommodation (Tenancy agreement/mortgage document) , data page of your passport, payslip/ bank statement and the invitation letter.

In her part, she suppose to show proof of tie to Nigeria. . . things like marriage certificate, letter from her husband giving his consent for the trip, family pictures etc.

I have to point out here that you can still be refused a visa even with all the necessary documents supplied.

Visa is a privilege and not a right.
Re: The Immigration Scam by bolame: 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2011
@op u are definely right the uk border syster in Nigeria is rubbish and scam to steal peopls money, the uk are copy catter doing everything the usa does
Re: The Immigration Scam by eviegold: 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for your reply Justwise. All the documents required for the application where supplied and above board. If the correct fee was also paid, then why would she be denied a visa. It seems to me that the UK border system smacks of double standards. If you were in the UK applying for a visa to enter Nigeria, you would have no problem getting one. The system is a scam.
Re: The Immigration Scam by ikeyman00(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
@@@

maybe na the pakistan officers in there are messing up

(1) (Reply)

. / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Bangkok International Airport, Also Known As Suvarnabhumi Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.