Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2297780 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Evildoer: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
ChristineC:
Iroko FC cool

Mount Zion FC you meant? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Spurs on their day will beat and outclass you on their home soil, personally I don't expect 3points there maybe 1, yes they are that good, not even Madrid, manU with all their billion signings can't do jack away at spurs...

I fancy them to go far in Europe if they don't meet barca and PSG early...only city play better than them...

As for Wenger, his exit is near, dembele and wanyama against xgaka and el enny and an intelligent but fragile ozil and wilshere will never fill me with confidence

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Fkhalifa:
Spurs on their day will beat and outclass you on their home soil, personally I don't expect 3points there maybe 1, yes they are that good, not even Madrid, manU with all their billion signings can't do jack away at spurs...

I fancy them to go far in Europe if they don't meet barca and PSG early...only city play better than them...

As for Wenger, his exit is near, dembele and wanyama against xgaka and el enny and an intelligent but fragile ozil and wilshere will never fill me with confidence
come on how can you skip the most important part defense...
All of them are just useless did you see how kane tore the whole defense apart. That was why I asked what Steve fucking bould is doing as an assistant
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Lana1:
Another L for our resident clowns. But while we are here, lets not forget....

back to back L for our resident LaLana grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:30am On Feb 12, 2018
A horrible weekend to forget. First, Arsenal loses the derby, then the Cavs decimate my Celtics on the night "The Truth" was going to the rafters. As if that was not enough, the Blackhawks lose to the Minnesota Wild by 3.

The only positive came from the Cubs signing Yu Darvish!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2018
iamoyindamola:
come on how can you skip the most important part defense...
All of them are just useless did you see how kane tore the whole defense apart. That was why I asked what Steve fucking bould is doing as an assistant

They need to tear that defence down and rebuild (Asides Monreal and Kolasinach).
I bet I could get more competent defenders if I went shopping in Lagos, what the hell are the bloody scouts doing?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2018
Harry Kane was in the arsenal academy before being released.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
More than anything, I am worried we are creating enough scoring opportunities for our strikers. They are isolated and left to feed on scraps and sometimes have to come deep to participate in the game. This is the biggest issue Lacazette has suffered, especially since the goal drought. I am not making excuses for him here and I hope no on construes my opinion because he should have buried one of those chances on Saturday.

I hope Wenger sees this because I want to see us get back to involving our strikers especially during final balls. Auba is definitely an upgrade but it would be unfair to blame our issues on Lacazette because we have no exactly played a system that creates chances for him. As for our defense, it needs total a total overhaul. We need defenders with toughness, height and pace. Mustafi's tackles are untimely and rash, it scares me every time he approaches an opponent. Kos is poor with defending aerial balls and his positioning is suspect.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2018
Roland17:
More than anything, I am worried we are creating enough scoring opportunities for our strikers. They are isolated and left to feed on scraps and sometimes have to come deep to participate in the game. This is the biggest issue Lacazette has suffered, especially since the goal drought. I am not making excuses for him here and I hope no on construes my opinion because he should have buried one of those chances on Saturday.

I hope Wenger sees this because I want to see us get back to involving our strikers especially during final balls. Auba is definitely an upgrade but it would be unfair to blame our issues on Lacazette because we have no exactly played a system that creates chances for him. As for our defense, it needs total a total overhaul. We need defenders with toughness, height and pace. Mustafi's tackles are untimely and rash, it scares me every time he approaches an opponent. Kos is poor with defending aerial balls and his positioning is suspect.

Been saying the same thing for a while now, this has come about as a result of a decline in our midfield.
We used to boss teams in the middle of the park and win games even without a top notch striker, since Cazorla's injury we have become pants in the middle of the park, none of our midfielders can get into Spurs team (Think about that, SPURS!!!)

Anyway there is only one person who is to blame for the poor imbalance in the team, if the board have any balls they should serve Wenger his papers, time's up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after he had a successful operation on a knee injury. I really hope he comes back stronger and this does not hinder his opportunity to play at the world cup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
Roland17:
Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after he had a successful operation on a knee injury. I really hope he comes back stronger and this does not hinder his opportunity to play at the world cup.
I think it is good and timely. Some weeks out will give him time to get fit mentally.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
chuckdee4:

Been saying the same thing for a while now, this has come about as a result of a decline in our midfield.
We used to boss teams in the middle of the park and win games even without a top notch striker, since Cazorla's injury we have become pants in the middle of the park, none of our midfielders can get into Spurs team (Think about that, SPURS!!!)

Anyway there is only one person who is to blame for the poor imbalance in the team, if the board have any balls they should serve Wenger his papers, time's up
The problem is not with the defenders but the defense. Not the personnel but the system/structure.

Every top team with good defence has a player dedicated to shielding the back four- Fernandinho, Matic, Diet, Kante etc. Back in the days we had certain Gilberto Silva.

We used to have Coquelin, who played his best season in the role.

Against Spurs, it was Elneny but he wasn't very efficient. He is only good at passing the ball accurately.

Twice Kane, went between Koscielny and Mustafi for a free header. The second time it was a goal. This was because no one was tracking him, and the defenders had their eyes at a thousand different angles.

If the old professor could look into his old notes, may be he could find a solution to our defence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yo Pierre. No champions league for you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Leyqute:
Yo Pierre. No champions league for you cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Evildoer: 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
[quote author=Lana1 post=65074753][/quote]

Na agbada be that? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ospina to reach 200 clean sheet B4 cech grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by collinometricx: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author]Ospina to reach 200 clean sheet B4 cech grin grin[/quote] amen
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
Shey na every week Ozil dey sick ni?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
Roland17:
Shey na every week Ozil dey sick ni?
Hehehe. Don't mind Wenger, he uses small lies to keep his star players out of the spot light ahead of big games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
I am yet to understand why Auba can't play Europa, when Batshuayi and Giroud can play CL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
Spy360:
I am yet to understand why Auba can't play Europa, when Batshuayi and Giroud can play CL.

U can only play in Greater Europe if u have played for another club in lesser Europe in the same. However same is not applicable for the reverse case. U cant play in Lesser Europe if u had starred for another club in Greater Europe that same year. Its the rule I think.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
BlueRayDick:

U can only play in Greater Europe if u have played for another club in lesser Europe in the same. However same is not applicable for the reverse case. U cant play in Lesser Europe if u had starred for another club in Greater Europe that same year. Its the rule I think.
My point is it doesn't make sense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Spy360:

My point is it doesn't make sense.
No, I think he was already registered to play in the EUROPA league with Dortmund.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
patrickmuf:
No, I think he was already registered to play in the EUROPA league with Dortmund.
OK. This is quite understandable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Spy360:

OK. This is quite understandable.
the rule is bullshit but that's the policy.barca can't use coutinho too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Today's starting line up...

........................... Ospina ...........................
Bellerin . Chambers . Holding . Kolasinac
................... Elneny ........ Niles ..................
........................ Wilshere (c) ......................
........... Iwobi ....................... Welbeck .......
......................... Nketiah ............................

Wenger giving youth a chance. Wilshere on captain duties (future skipper or new deal?). Nice to see Eddy Nketiah starting. Lad has a good scoring pedigree and enjoys a good partnership with Iwobi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Spy360:
Today's starting line up...

........................... Ospina ...........................
Bellerin . Chambers . Holding . Kolasinac
................... Elneny ........ Niles ..................
........................ Wilshere (c) ......................
........... Iwobi ....................... Welbeck .......
......................... Nketiah ............................

Wenger giving youth a chance. Wilshere on captain duties (future skipper or new deal?). Nice to see Eddy Nketiah starting. Lad has a good scoring pedigree and enjoys a good partnership with Iwobi.

Emmmm. That is not the right the line-up and formation. Nketiah is on the bench and we are playing a 4-4-1-1 formation.

...................Ospina.....................

Bellerin.....Chambers......Holding......Kolasinac

Mkhitaryan---Elneny---Niles-----Iwobi

..................JW10................

..................Welbeck.............
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
Our defensive frailties has stung again.

Arsenal 0-1 Oestersunds FK
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
Well, they have doubled their lead

0-2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
What kind of madness is this, wengay and his stupid Lot of players should go and die ...
Fucking disgrace of a club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cruxifizio: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
iamoyindamola:
What kind of madness is this, wengay and his stupid Lot of players should go and die ...
ace of a club

Sod09 cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
1-2. Kolasinac scores right after the break.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (3477) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: germaphobe(m), mostob(m), toluxe0075 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.