Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2250383 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) ... (3413) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
KevinDein:

His release clause is a constant, at least until he signs a new contract. It simply depends on Rebic himself; where he thinks is best for him. If he buys into your club's project and wanna be part of it, you just pay up the clause and agree personal terms. The player is yours.

That said, Emery's words today didn't sound like he's in dire need of a winger. He seems happy with the squad available and would only bring in someone with top quality (didn't even specify winger).

He sees Ozil, Mhki, Laca, Iwobi, Perez in the flanks and I'm not surprised. Look at his Valencia, Seville and PSG teams.
The coach knows best sha... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
laxalt is actually fast, foreign players are less expensive compared to those English cvnt.
Rebic or Martin shouldn't cost 35m

i didn't say laxalt wasn't pacy... i meant to say can he cope in a team that attack, attack, attack.. no danfo parking...

genoa no too dey attack oo, they just try to make use of the few chances they get...

well, he fit blend in sha...

i doubt if the board would wanna fork out 35m for rebic now...

make we dey watch january sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dreamswayne:

i didn't say laxalt wasn't pacy... i meant to say can he cope in a team that attack, attack, attack.. no danfo parking...

genoa no too dey attack oo, they just try to make use of the few chances they get...

well, he fit blend in sha...

i doubt if the board would wanna fork out 35m for rebic now...

make we dey watch january sha
I think we will still sell some players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
he probably went for playing time IMO

he was gonna get playing time anywhere he signed...

seems, he want the team built around him...

wo!, seri matter tire me jare...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
KevinDein:
We have Mislintat...rest assured we just unearth a gem.
Haha... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
I think we will still sell some players

its a must oo... angry angry

[eyes on welbeck and iwobi]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dreamswayne:

its a must oo... angry angry

[eyes on welbeck and iwobi]
especially Welbeck
I haven't seen Perez in training pictures, is he not back yet
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
especially Welbeck I haven't seen Perez in training pictures, is he not back yet
he's back... smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Roland17:

You can continue to keep that trophy, after all it is your birth right. No one here has remotely made any suggestive comment about usurping your team from taking its birth right.
Infact, can you take Welbeck back for 5 million pounds and win your trophy earlier than normal?
Whoever wins 2019 should give this man a stout... grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2018
One positive thing is Emery and the scouts listen to fans unlike in Wenger's regime..
If we will need a winger in future, I'm sure fans will cry out for one and it will be addressed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
if Wenger had made these signings, i would have been extremely elated. i would have looked forward to the next season just like i’m doing now. for donkey years we had no real DM, yet he never addressed the issue. instead he made CMs play like DMs. He played players out of position instead of buying the right players. the list is endless… Iwobi, Xhaka, Ox, AMN, etc. I am not the type of fan that raves for a marque signing. i have seen big names flop eg Morata at Chelsea, Shevchenko at Chelsea, Falcao at Man U,di maria at manU etc. i have also seen unknown players raise their games eg Kante at Leicester city, Cech at Chelsea, Vardy at Leicester, Henry, Rosciky, hleb and Viera in Arsenal etc. So, its not about the names, its about the team balance, the teamwork and the tactics. Leicester in 2016 and more recently Croatia in the WC are good examples. Finnally, I think we should get our act together and support the team

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Fkhalifa:
if Wenger had made these signings, i would have been extremely elated. i would have looked forward to the next season just like i’m doing now. for donkey years we had no real DM, yet he never addressed the issue. instead he made CMs play like DMs. He played players out of position instead of buying the right players. the list is endless… Iwobi, Xhaka, Ox, AMN, etc. I am not the type of fan that raves for a marque signing. i have seen big names flop eg Morata at Chelsea, Shevchenko at Chelsea, Falcao at Man U,di maria at manU etc. i have also seen unknown players raise their games eg Kante at Leicester city, Cech at Chelsea, Vardy at Leicester, Henry, Rosciky, hleb and Viera in Arsenal etc. So, its not about the names, its about the team balance, the teamwork and the tactics. Leicester in 2016 and more recently Croatia in the WC are good examples. Finnally, I think we should get our act together and support the team
spot on
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
RIVALS READY TO OFFER 44M FOR ANTE REBIC...

GUESS, WE HAVE LOST HIM FOR GOOD... I DON'T SEE US WINNING A BIDDING WAR....

MEANWHILE, IS IT ONLY ME THAT BELIEVE EMERY STILL HAS PLANS FOR A WINGER BASED ON HIS LATEST SPEECHES?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
Dreamswayne:

MEANWHILE, IS IT ONLY ME THAT BELIEVE EMERY STILL HAS PLANS FOR A WINGER BASED ON HIS LATEST SPEECHES?

It's probably just you.

Emery isn't really obsessed with "typical" wingers. Take a look at his former teams, you'll find he usually uses attacking midfielders or strikers in the flanks (Mbappe and Draxler recently at PSG). He loves his midfielders though, and he could well love to add another.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Dreamswayne:

My brother, neither Arsenal nor Emery are interested in a bidding war for any player. Take a look at all the transfers that have been completed thus far, he identified them fast and the transfer team did not engage anyone in bidding wars before completing them. I think Emery is already content with his team and is looking for an early start.

We have not lost any target Emery has identified, also, you can forget about Emery getting a winger. I am fine with our forwards being fluid, with constant movement and no restrictions especially in the final third.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
KevinDein:

It's probably just you.

Emery isn't really obsessed with "typical" wingers. Take a look at his former teams, you'll find he usually uses attacking midfielders or strikers in the flanks (Mbappe and Draxler recently at PSG). He loves his midfielders though, and he could well love to add another.
Exactly what i've been trying to explain to my fellow arsenal gees in my hood...

They keep saying if we no get stable consistent winger, we go flop... angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Roland17:

My brother, neither Arsenal nor Emery are interested in a bidding war for any player. Take a look at all the transfers that have been completed thus far, he identified them fast and the transfer team did not engage anyone in bidding wars before completing them. I think Emery is already content with his team and is looking for an early start.

We have not lost any target Emery has identified, also, you can forget about Emery getting a winger. I am fine with our forwards being fluid, with constant movement and no restrictions especially in the final third.

Totally true... smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 7:38am On Jul 14, 2018
sod09:
spot on

grin

Can you help me with FPL Codes pls? Just found out Mukina has created the Nairaland Version already.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Can you help me with FPL Codes pls? Just found out Mukina has created the Nairaland Version already.
I can only give you the general league...you request for the cup code cos she will remove you if she find you in the wrong cup league

Code to join this league: 244800-50376
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2018
sod09:
I can only give you the general league...you request for the cup code cos she will remove you if she find you in the wrong cup league

Code to join this league: 244800-50376

Thanks Bruh..... I've quoted her already on the FPL Thread, hope she's gonna do the needful as soon as possible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2018
Lacazette looked short on confidence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
sod09:
Lacazette looked short on confidence
How did you come to this conclusion?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
KevinDein:

How did you come to this conclusion?
he was wasteful today...like he's not himself
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
sod09:
he was wasteful today...like he's not himself
Wasteful in training...dont read too much in to that.
He scored in the friendly BTW. Auba got a hat trick.

Watched the highlight of that friendly and below are my observations;

1.It seems Unai is looking to squeeze in both Auba and Lacazette at the same time with Auba coming from the left flank. Similar to what we saw under Wenger.

2. Quicker transitions; far fewer touches than what we are used to under Wenger.

3. Chambers played as a DM. Unai loves his midfielders

Scores: 8 nil to the Arsenal. Scoreline doesn't matter though. Boreham wood are in the fifth tier of English football. But still, putting things in perspective, Arsene's Arsenal only beat them 2 nil some time ago.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
KevinDein:

Wasteful in training...dont read too much in to that.
He scored in the friendly BTW. Auba got a hat trick.

Watched the highlight of that friendly and below are my observations;

1.It seems Unai is looking to squeeze in both Auba and Lacazette at the same time with Auba coming from the left flank. Similar to what we saw under Wenger.

2. Quicker transitions; far fewer touches than what we are used to under Wenger.

3. Chambers played as a DM. Unai loves his midfielders

Scores: 8 nil to the Arsenal. Scoreline doesn't matter though. Boreham wood are in the fifth tier of English football. But still, putting things in perspective, Arsene's Arsenal only beat them 2 nil some time ago.

I watched the full match that's what I'm talking about
He could have gotten an hat trick today, auba gave him the centre position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
See the Giroud most Arsenal fans were condemning. Now he is a WC winner, una still dey here... sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Spy360:
See the Giroud most Arsenal fans were condemning. Now he is a WC winner, una still dey here... sad

Did Giroud record any shot on target at all? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
Spy360:
how many shots did he have on target in the tourney? None.
Giroud is a fraud. the earlier u swallow ur L on Giroud the better fam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mukina2 is it true that your useless team have no world cup winner .... but Koscielny run go dressing room to snap picture with the cup so assnal fc will feel among ? Success get many fathers truly �������

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SonG113(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
fredoooooo:
Mukina2 is it true that your useless team have no world cup winner .... but Koscielny run go dressing room to snap picture with the cup so assnal fc will feel among ? Success get many fathers truly �������

Wat dis one saying ozil has won d world cup

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
SonG113:

Wat dis one saying ozil has won d world cup
why did you reply the mumu angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jafson11(m): 1:34am On Jul 17, 2018
ARSENAL IS OUR NAME,FOOTBALL IS OUR GAME,RED&WHITE IS OUR COLOUR,EMIRATE IS OUR STADIUM ,AUBA IS OUR GOAL SCORES WHY OZIL ASSISTANT ,EMERY IS OUR COACH AND WINNING IS OUR AIM ,COME ON UP ARSENAL

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) ... (3413) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.