Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2295400 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (3470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
edoyad:
It's hammertime, I'm more concerned witb my second love, Villa pulling through though
!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
pazienza:
So, Aston villa it is. Let's hope Wenger will not start his stupid experiments and lose the game.

Start our best eleven, that means no Gibbs, Schezza,Debuchy, Mert and Ramsey, use proper wingers.
So Bellerin is now rated above Debuchy, Coquelin above Ramsey, and Gabriel above Per? Chai! Chai! Chai!
Onu kwuru njo ga ekwu mma. The mouth that condemns will still return to praise.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Spy360:

So Bellerin is now rated above Debuchy, Coquelin above Ramsey, and Gabriel above Per? Chai! Chai! Chai!

Bellerin is fitter than Debuchy at the moment, Debuchy was struggling towards the end of that game due to match fitness, so its a no brainer to start Bellerin
Ramsey looked outta sorts yesterday, Coquelin's place in the team is not even debatable.
Gabriel v Per, whoever can hold Benteke should get the nod, my head says Gabriel but who knows.

As for Schezney, I think he should be sold come the end of the season, though the goal was not all his fault his cockiness is his greatest enemy, dude needs to put his head down and work on improving
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Meanwhile our husbands would be paying us a visit this weekend.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
chuckdee4:

Bellerin is fitter than Debuchy at the moment, Debuchy was struggling towards the end of that game due to match fitness, so its a no brainer to start Bellerin
Ramsey looked outta sorts yesterday, Coquelin's place in the team is not even debatable.
Gabriel v Per, whoever can hold Benteke should get the nod, my head says Gabriel but who knows.
As for Schezney, I think he should be sold come the end of the season, though the goal was not all his fault his cockiness is his greatest enemy, dude needs to put his head down and work on improving

Ramsey actually didn't look out of sort.Wenger's persistence in playing wide against a team sitting deep and waiting for the odd counter, did him in.

That said, has Wenger ever defended any trophy successfully before? As in including his sojourn in Japan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
Spy360:

hehehhehehehhe.....! cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emaprince: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
Spy360:
you are right. How many goals do you think drogba will score this time?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Can't wait to smash Chelsea this Sunday!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Spy360:

grin grin grin grin grin If only we could at least beat Mourinho, just once!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
naijababe:

Mourinho confessed that it was Fergie who taught him how to beat Wenger.

Obviously Wenger loves to keep the ball and push forward, so by allowing him do that and then setting an ambush against him by using brute strength you expose him at the back and slay him on the counter. That is because Wenger does not employ physical techniques but rather tactical. That is why the likes of Drogba and Rooney shine against Arsenal. Last season's Torres goal at the Emirates was just annoying the way he bundled off Koschieny.

Nevertheless, Arsene has adopted a more cautious approach that worked against both Manchester clubs, and Liverpool thanks to the rise of Coquelin, which has seen us rise to second place and an FA cup final berth. Before Dec, who would have thought those were possible?

For me the key to beating Mourinho is to sit back and wait for him. And that's exactly what he doesn't want. Mou sets up his team to prowl on the counter. He is not an attack minded coach- which was obvious last season after he lost to defensive minded teams like Sunderland and Stoke City.
See how he dislodged Man Utd on Sat, despite a 75% ball possesion. See how he dealt with Man City. I remember the game against Liverpool last season when Liverpool lost despite only needing a draw at home. If you come out against Mou, you are only heading for a suicide mission. Play to draw and you win, play to win and you lose. Hope Arsene gets it right this time.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Mou won't attack us.....he will wait for counter
Am sure Mikel will also start along matic to block all incoming attack
Just hope for once dis old man beat mou
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
naijababe:

iyalaje you no wash the final for me o tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by echobee(f): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
fredoooooo:

iyalaje no wash the final for me o tongue
fredoooooooooo,u no stop by for lunch angry. Why? angry. Answer meeeeee tongue. Before i flog u grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
fredoooooo:

iyalaje you no wash the final for me o tongue

Wait make we collect the cup first na! E tanu o ni pa e o grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
Wenger give us that 12th
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 3:45am On Apr 23, 2015
That Kondogbia of a guy is good. I watched him against Juve last night, he totally bosses the midfield and kept the likes of Pirlo and Vidal calm.

He will be a quality addition to our squad.

Wenger should release Arteta and Flamini, and replace them with Schneiderlin and Kondogbia, that will make a stronger squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 3:47am On Apr 23, 2015
Spy360:

I am all for playing the players in form, no favouritism, or peeps relying on their reputation rather than current form to win starting positions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmn? What if you never gave the young ones a chance? What if Le Coq and Bellerin were never given a chance? Being a manager is not only about buying stars simply to win a trophy, it is also about letting the young ones have an opportunity to attempt greatness. The latter I see as a more worthy achievement.
Knowing that Chelsea's under 18s and 21s won their respective FA youth cups, I wonder why none of them have the hope of ever lining up for Mourinho? That's is why I respect Wenger and judge him to be the best Manager in Europe. His footprints are written all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Spy360:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmn? What if you never gave the young ones a chance? What if Le Coq and Bellerin were never given a chance? Being a manager is not only about buying stars simply to win a trophy, it is also about letting the young ones have an opportunity to attempt greatness. The latter I see as a more worthy achievement.
Knowing that Chelsea's under 18s and 21s won their respective FA youth cups, I wonder why none of them have the hope of ever lining up for Mourinho? That's is why I respect Wenger and judge him to be the best Manager in Europe. His footprints are written all over the world.

Wenger's foot prints is all over the world, Mourinho's trophies is spread all over Europe. I would gladly exchange Wenger's foot prints for Mourinho's trophies!

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
pazienza:

Wenger's foot prints is all over the world, Mourinho's trophies is spread all over Europe. I would gladly exchange Wenger's foot prints for Mourinho's trophies!

Thank you.
So you prefer chaff to wheat? O such short sightedness! Let me tell you my beloved brother, what Arsene has done for Arsenal and the lads that have been with him, to them it cannot be exchanged for any trophy in the world. Take Henry for example, he keeps coming back why- he has won many trophies but Arsene gave him a career, Arsene made him what he is. When others have given up hope on them, Arsene still kept faith.

Again Arsene chose to stick with the club during times of financial stringency and endured all those shit from fans like you just to give the club an assured future. Now that he is done aren't the trophies rolling in? And as a matter of fact he has won more trophies than Jose Mourinho.
Don't misunderstand me, I love Mou and appreciate him as a great manager, but comparing him with Wenger I feel Wenger has made more impact.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Tval(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Spy360:

So you prefer chaff to wheat? O such short sightedness! Let me tell you my beloved brother, what Arsene has done for Arsenal and the lads that have been with him, to them it cannot be exchanged for any trophy in the world. Take Henry for example, he keeps coming back why- he has won many trophies but Arsene gave him a career, Arsene made him what he is. When others have given up hope on them, Arsene still kept faith.

Again Arsene chose to stick with the club during times of financial stringency and endured all those shit from fans like you just to give the club an assured future. Now that he is done aren't the trophies rolling in? And as a matter of fact he has won more trophies than Jose Mourinho.
Don't misunderstand me, I love Mou and appreciate him as a great manager, but comparing him with Wenger I feel Wenger has made more impact.
You drink pami?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
Tval:
You drink pami?
No, for play Station grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
3 points against Chelsea and put on Flamini in the end to make sure that Hazard doesn't play anymore this season. Then the title is ours...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:35am On Apr 24, 2015
pazienza:

Thank you.
gbam correct.....d annoying tin is d so called young players aren't loyal....
Day end up betraying d old man by going for clubs who re sure of trophies
So y can't he be like other managers who go will short term players for success
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:33am On Apr 24, 2015
sod09:
gbam correct.....d annoying tin is d so called young players aren't loyal....
Day end up betraying d old man by going for clubs who re sure of trophies
So y can't he be like other managers who go will short term players for success
I appreciate your line of thinking but you see people are different. Now that the financial stringency is over the club will concentrate on winning titles.

Let me tell you, I have followed Wenger for years, he is a winner and he does it only by building his own team unlike others who may want to buy success. We have noticed it several times that when he builds his team they are unbeatable. I sorry for him because this past ten years has really affected the faith people have in him. That was I why said Wenger's success has more impact. He succeeds and his players succeed too.
I tell you the present squad he is building can win the league in the next two seasons. If you followed Arsenal during our unbeaten days, you will see a resemblance.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:38am On Apr 24, 2015
Most of the people attacking Wenger started following Arsenal within the past few years, they didn't experience the glory days. If you did you would know what he is capable of. And I tell you those days are back- the signs are there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:25am On Apr 24, 2015
Spy360:
Most of the people attacking Wenger started following Arsenal within the past few years, they didn't experience the glory days. If you did you would know what he is capable of. And I tell you those days are back- the signs are there.
really because u claim loyalty doesn't mean u been following them.....av started following them at a young age
That was wen KANU was there cos he was my favourite...
We only lose faith in him nd his experiment
BTW u can't compare d ages, strength nd depth of that squad...we had anelka,wiltord,henry nd KANU..after anelka was sold KANU came in nd Jeffers was d youngest he flopped nd Wenger sold him
They were almost untouchable ,fergie nd his team look ordinary
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2015
Spy360:

I appreciate your line of thinking but you see people are different. Now that the financial stringency is over the club will concentrate on winning titles.

Let me tell you, I have followed Wenger for years, he is a winner and he does it only by building his own team unlike others who may want to buy success. We have noticed it several times that when he builds his team they are unbeatable. I sorry for him because this past ten years has really affected the faith people have in him. That was I why said Wenger's success has more impact. He succeeds and his players succeed too.
I tell you the present squad he is building can win the league in the next two seasons. If you followed Arsenal during our unbeaten days, you will see a resemblance.
I hope u right
D sweetest news is DAT we can't be seeded in UCL again till we win league or UCL, very nice of uefa cos IMO d players we av ATM are for Europa league
I hope we can survive d group stage now sef cos we may be seed with barca or Bayern or Madrid or even juve
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JigsawKillah(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2015
Keky:
3 points against Chelsea and put on Flamini in the end to make sure that Hazard doesn't play anymore this season. Then the title is ours...

Nice tactics I'd say
Flamini will do nothing against Hazard
As for the 3 points, its near impossible
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JigsawKillah(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2015
sod09:
I hope u right
D sweetest news is DAT we can't be seeded in UCL again till we win league or UCL, very nice of uefa cos IMO d players we av ATM are for Europa league
I hope we can survive d group stage now sef cos we may be seed with barca or Bayern or Madrid or even juve

I take it you're scared?
Arsenal have a way of making it out of the group stage
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JigsawKillah(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2015
Someone said Arsene has more trophies than mourinho
I laugh in Cebuano

21-13
Which includes 2 UCL trophies

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
JigsawKillah:

I take it you're scared?
Arsenal have a way of making it out of the group stage
scared?
Let's wait nd see grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (3470) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.