Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2296129 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (3474) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spy360:

Lets not deviate, my point is that there are more clubs in England who spend big than in other countries of Europe.
Swansea signed Ayew, West Ham signed Payet. They were the best players for Marseille.

This is where you shoot yourself in the foot. You said spend big and are quoting free transfers as examples of big spending

You said big money signing yet you are posting about Ayew who was signed on a free transfer? And Payet who was signed for 10M?

Are you saying other teams in the other leagues cant sign players for free or for 10M?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dmcdad: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

How many big money signings have Arsenal consistently done?
The big question.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
proudlysports:
For those interested:

Arsenal U19 will play Anderlecht U19 today in the Uefa Youth League at 5pm UK time. It's a one game playoff for teams that finished second in the group, the winner qualifies for the round of 16. Opportunity to watch Jeff, Fortune and other youngsters

Youtube Link (if you're outside the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLiLP5czQiQ

Feed is private....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
4llerbuntu:

Feed is private....
It was played yesterday. Arsenal U-19 lost 0-2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2016
FOR ALL THE STICKS THEY GET...

Aaron Ramsey has the highest rating for completed passes in the PL at 94%.

Per Mertesacker has the highest rating for successful tackles in the PL at 91%.

#Underrated
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Spy360:
FOR ALL THE STICKS THEY GET...

Aaron Ramsey has the highest rating for completed passes in the PL at 94%.

Per Mertesacker has the highest rating for successful tackles in the PL at 91%.

#Underrated

Source?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2016
Who says we don't need a clinical striker? 100chances created shocked

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2016
Even The legend Andry pirlo named him as the current best midfielder in Europe, yet some haters will rush here to lash him whenever the tea Losses...

Get a consistent and prolific striker and we I'll be up there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bigkesh(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Who says we don't need a clinical striker? 100chances created shocked
Whether you like it or not Mahrez is soo better than Ozil this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2016
bigkesh:

so IF Ozil winds the league, cops 7 goals and 20 Assists, you will pick Mahrez as POTY ahead of him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bigkesh(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2016
4llerbuntu:

so IF Ozil winds the league, cops 7 goals and 20 Assists, you will pick Mahrez as POTY ahead of him?
if Mahrez cops 20 goals and 15 assists then I will pick him with or without the trophy....
He is playing for Leicester for Christ sake

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 11, 2016
bigkesh:

I won't let you drag me into this yeye argument. You know better. If Giroud had been more clinical in front of goal you won't even attempt to spew that trash.
Ozil vs Mahrez, Ozil beats him in all stats used for mid-fielders from pass accuracy,to assists, to chances created, to shot accuracy, except goals, and you are telling me Mahrez is so better.
Mtchew, sh*t you just dragged me into this argument.
I don't blame u though I blame Giroud.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

I won't let you drag me into this yeye argument. You know better. If Giroud had been more clinical in front of goal you won't even attempt to spew that trash.
Ozil vs Mahrez, Ozil beats him in all stats used for mid-fielders from pass accuracy,to assists, to chances created, to shot accuracy, except goals, and you are telling me Mahrez is so better.
Mtchew, sh*t you just dragged me into this argument.
I don't blame u though I blame Giroud.
Hahahahahaha

It's sooo annoying arguing this bulls isn't it?

Mahrez is good but mehn dont put him in the same sentence with Ozil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Team News....
Welbeck is now fit, Cazorla and Wilshere are running.
cheesycheesycheesysmiley
yeepeeeeee!
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Spy360:
Team News....

Welbeck is now fit, Cazorla and Wilshere are running.

cheesycheesycheesysmiley

yeepeeeeee!

cheesycheesycheesycheesy
cry I fear another set of 3 or 4_ players I'll go occupy their bed space soon, we never have a complete squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fkhalifa:

cry I fear another set of 3 or 4_ players I'll go occupy their bed space soon, we never have a complete squad

The sky is goona fall isn't it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
I just pray the injury crisis comes to an end and Welbeck impresses in the Hull city FA Cup clash. Learnt he will feature in that match.
I really need someone to give Giroud a run for that CF position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2016
Arsenal vs Leicester City

.............................. Cech..........................
Bellerin.. Gabriel... Koschi... Monreal
.............. Coquelin..... Ramsey..............
XXXX................... Ozil............. Sanchez
........................... Giroud.........................

XXXX = WALCOTT vs CHAMBERLAIN vs CAMPBELL

Who do you prefer on the right wing forward position?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 12, 2016
Spy360:

I'll prefer Walcott in Giroud's position, let Giroud come in from bench just as he did in the first leg , Campbell should start at the right flank.
We need fast players to start in that game not a sluggish Giroud and wasteful Chamberlain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2016
Spy360:

campbell because of his work rate and defensive ability. Would have prefered ramsey there and carzola in the middle of the pack.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

I'll prefer Walcott in Giroud's position, let Giroud come in from bench just as he did in the first leg , Campbell should start at the right flank.
We need fast players to start in that game not a sluggish Giroud and wasteful Chamberlain.
Well I don't think so. Reason is that we would be playing against a counter attacking side, meaning they would be defending more.

Unlike in the first leg where they came out against us, then Walcott was the preferred choice, but now that they would be defending, we need someone that would give us presence in the box.

Huth and Morgan are huge guys, they would easily sandwich Walcott, but Giroud would match them for strength and height.

We may introduce Walcott in the second half if we are leading and they come out to attack.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2016
Spy360:

Well I don't think so. Reason is that we would be playing against a counter attacking side, meaning they would be defending more.

Unlike in the first leg where they came out against us, then Walcott was the preferred choice, but now that they would be defending, we need someone that would give us presence in the box.

Huth and Morgan are huge guys, they would easily sandwich Walcott, but Giroud would match them for strength and height.

We may introduce Walcott in the second half if we are leading and they come out to attack.
And you think they wouldn't have plans for Giroud? just block out Ozil and you render Giroud useless and Ozil not being a physical guy can easily be marked out most times.
We've scored more goals against tough sides(MANU, and Stopping Leicester unbeaten run) when Walcott starts ahead of Giroud. I'm not saying he has to do the scoring but their's this fluidity our attack gets when he plays at CF role and we get to score with wider margins.
With Walcot, Sanchez,Campbell,Ozil, and Ramsey (bumping forward f of DM) we'll have a lot of players running at them on counter too and lot of fast movements too.
Games Walcot started all ended with 3 goals diffence Watford,Leicester,ManU. Giroud gets hungrier when he comes from bench thereby adding to the tally.
Giroud starting against Chelsea in both legs ended in same result for the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Mukina,I haven't seen the thread about arsenal vs Leicester.? Abeg dat game na hottie
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pelvicky(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
gayners shivering ahead of Sunday grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

And you think they wouldn't have plans for Giroud? just block out Ozil and you render Giroud useless and Ozil not being a physical guy can easily be marked out most times.
We've scored more goals against tough sides(MANU, and Stopping Leicester unbeaten run) when Walcott starts ahead of Giroud. I'm not saying he has to do the scoring but their's this fluidity our attack gets when he plays at CF role and we get to score with wider margins.
With Walcot, Sanchez,Campbell,Ozil, and Ramsey (bumping forward f of DM) we'll have a lot of players running at them on counter too and lot of fast movements too.
Games Walcot started all ended with 3 goals diffence Watford,Leicester,ManU. Giroud gets hungrier when he comes from bench thereby adding to the tally.
Giroud starting against Chelsea in both legs ended in same result for the team.
Which counter attack do you want to play against Leicester? You can only do so if we take an early lead.

Block Ozil? Mark him out? Hahahahaa! Do that at your own peril.

Please, Leicester will sit back to defend and then we would need Giroud. Simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
pelvicky:
gayners shivering ahead of Sunday grin grin
IF THAT LINE OF THOUGHT MAKES U HAPPY, THEN NO WAHALA WE ARE SHIVERING FOR THE TEAM WE RIPPED APART ON THEIR HOME TURF. KONTINU
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
ajasa4link:

IF THAT LINE OF THOUGHT MAKES U HAPPY, THEN NO WAHALA WE ARE SHIVERING FOR THE TEAM WE RIPPED APART ON THEIR HOME TURF. KONTINU
I'm torn between going all out attack or staying cautious because I don't think a draw will be too bad. Ofcourse the ultimate goal is to win.

We beat Leicester at their own ground in probably one of the best games on he season but at the moment, Leicester seem to have he momentum given their current run. I think I'll start Campbell on the right and Giroud up front and save Walcott for second half IF the game doesn't go our way.
If we decide to play a high line, AW had better start Gabriel not Per.

Leicester is only 15 minutes drive away from me. If it wasn't Arsenal dragging the top spot with them, I'd be supporting them in this run in but as it is, gooner 4 ever

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pelvicky(m): 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
ajasa4link:

that team is currently above you with a 5point lead grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
proudlysports:

I'm torn between going all out attack or staying cautious because I don't think a draw will be too bad. Ofcourse the ultimate goal is to win.

We beat Leicester at their own ground in probably one of the best games on he season but at the moment, Leicester seem to have he momentum given their current run. I think I'll start Campbell on the right and Giroud up front and save Walcott for second half IF the game doesn't go our way.
If we decide to play a high line, AW had better start Gabriel not Per.

Leicester is only 15 minutes drive away from me. If it wasn't Arsenal dragging the top spot with them, I'd be supporting them in this run in but as it is, gooner 4 ever

cheesy
Caution would be key here. You don't want them to start believing they can beat us too.

They would be happy to play for draw, knowing that whatever be the outcome at Man City vs Tottenham it would favor them.

Keeping the ball is another, since they would be defending to counter, good ball possession with quick passing would wear them out. How effective we do that is a different issue.

On dealing with Vardy and Mahrez; as far as I am concerned they are not super stars. I mean its Vardy and Mahrez not Messi and Suarez. We should treat them with caution but show them no respect.

I think we will win because we have the better side, and more importantly we are not Chelsea. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
pelvicky:
that team is currently above you with a 5point lead grin grin
If that also makes u happy we agree.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
The clown Pataki would leave his house on fire to focus on his neighbors gate that isnt closing properly

Mesut Ozil has reportedly rejected a new deal with Arsenal and has set his heart on a summer move to Barcelona, according to claims in Spanish newspaper Marca.

The report claims that [size=14pt]the midfielder does not see Arsenal turning into a team that can realistically win the Champions League[/size] – a promise that was made to him when he joined from Real Madrid for a club record fee in 2013.

What a useless club

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (3474) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lordfave98 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.