Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers (5271 Views)

Presidency In Confusion, As Buhari Recalls Sacked CSO Abdulrahman Mani...!! / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / Sacked Non-indigenes Lament As Abia Compiles Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Chyz2: 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
[size=15pt]Abia govt recalls sacked non-Igbo workers[/size]

From CHUKS ONUOHA, Umuahia

Friday November 25, 2011

Following the public outcry and wide condemnation of his recent indigenization policy, which led to the sack of non-natives in the state civil service, the Abia State Government has recalled non-natives from outside the South-east geo-political zone,   to return  to their duty posts.

It also asked those corps members,  employed for their exceptional performance after their primary assignment in the state  to return to work, stating that  they were initially not supposed to be affected by the policy.
The Chief Press Secretary to  Governor  Orji, Mr. Ugochukwu Emezue, who disclosed this to newsmen in Umuahia said the issue of non-natives was taken in the best interest of the state and its people after due consultation with stakeholders of the state.
He noted that the decision of the state governor did not go down well with some people and groups within and outside the state, hence the setting up of  a committee headed by the Attorney-General to look into some of the issues raised.”

“The committee is currently doing its work, but the governor decided to take some actions because of his humane nature by recalling the corps members, who were given automatic employment by the state after doing exceptionally well during their service year,” the CPS said. He said further that the governor, after considering these set of people and others like them, decided to ask them to return to their duty posts, while awaiting the action or recommendation of the committee on the non-natives. Emezue explained that the governor had also directed that those non-natives who were earlier sent packing and are from outside the South-east zone should come back to their duty posts immediately.

“Some  mistakenly sent packing from the state and their duty post and others like them have been asked to resume work, while the committee is still doing their work where they will consider other matters concerning the non-natives issue.” Emezue also noted that the action of his boss to personally reconsider some categories of workers earlier sent packing was a sign that he was a true statesman and that he had the interest of the people at heart and called for understanding of the government policy.
According to him,  Governor Orji had always made it clear that the decision to send non-natives back to their states of origin was a painful one and that it was taken because of the high wage bill caused by the new minimum wage, which the state could no longer carry, adding that “he has no need to apologize to anybody or group of people.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/25/national-25-11-2011-014.html
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Chyz2: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2011
This is what caused T.A. Orji to have a rethink about the sack of non-SE workers:

Kelechi Nwaugo, representing Omuma Constituency, yesterday  said he received a petition from 68 Rivers State indigenes, who were disengaged in Abia State.

Nwaugo said non indigenes, especially those from Abia State, be disengaged from the Civil Service to create room for the 68  who had been laid off in Abia State since October 1.

Another lawmaker, Golden Chioma,  said: “ If we keep quiet, tomorrow other states will take us for a ride.”

Chioma noted that there are about 500 Abia indigenes teaching in Rivers State-government owned schools.

He said: “By the time their names are compiled and a letter sent to Abia government, the Abia State indigenes who are working in Rivers State civil service would begin to call their government to order.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27100-assembly-decries-sack-of-rivers%E2%80%99-indigenes-from-abia.html
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Obiagu1(m): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2011
. . . and what happens to SE workers that were sacked?
Seriously, this man is crazy beyond redemption!
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by dustydee: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2011
^^ I wonder o.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2011
T.A. Orji comment reserved.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2011
i now know t.a. Orji is a cretin. Brainless fo0l.i dont envy abia indigenes and residents
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by ulonnaya21: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2011
You don't have to comment or believe any crap anyone has written and posted online. From the information at my disposal, I don't think there was any such thing.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by geniusguy: 11:02am On Nov 25, 2011
I don't want to believe that T. A. Orji can spit and leak it back. He is a man of his words, and I don't see any reason to recall those relieved non-indigens of Abia State to work. People should stop mesmerizing the name of the Givernor for Christ's sake.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by johnsonnna: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2011
From the look of things am still on my own personal verification, because it has not yet been revealed,
thanks the good people of Abians.

Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Okijajuju1(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2011
Abia State for feel Rivers State wrath!! angry
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by doctokwus: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2011
This headline is totally mis leading;non indigenes hav not bn recalled;a panel has jst bn set up to consider it
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2011
doctokwus:

This headline is totally mis leading;non indigenes hav not bn recalled;a panel has jst bn set up to consider it
i heard about it from a friend living there
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Tinkinguy(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
The topic or headline is not misleading anything, its correct.

He has recall sack workers who are not from the south east,

however, I still think, the man is not feeling too good, it wont be long and he understand that he who kills by the knife does not allow machet to cross over him.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Trulie(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hmmm, funy dude! N it cud only get mor funia2 no dat dz dude, t.a orji, is lik a round peg dat wl neva fit in2 a squar hole of a 'gd politician/leada',
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by DonTydee: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
Geniusguy are you retarded or just stupid?
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Trulie(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hmmm, funy dude! N it cud only get mor funia2 no dat dz dude, t.a orji, is lik a round peg dat wl neva fit in2 a squar hole of a 'gd politician/leada',
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
You mean say these people no SUE the State dry for the act yet? OMG!!! Nigerians need to wake up to their rights. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by thejurist: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
Recalling Corpers and others with considerable cases is ok, The State Government is doing what it deem ok for its citizens, Afterall we run a federal system in Nigeria
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by kenogy: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
Finally, T A Orji and his team of cowards have shown us that they are completely mad beyond fixing,  Hope other states fire Abians working there and maybe universities outside Abia stops admitting Abians then we'll see how that goes. This fool is stating a war hr cant finish. At the end of the day he will escape to a foreign land and Abians will suffer for his madness.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by uchemanga(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
This man is just insane and surrounds himself with shallow thinkers, He did not even consider the spiral effect before making the lame move,
He's just heating up the polity the more and unnecessarily, while dearer issues lay begging.
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by thejurist: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2011
I am sure the recalled workers are happy to be back, please lets praise the government for being considerate.

This is good, thanks to the Governor
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by member479760: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2011
they guy no get people to do the job!
Re: Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers by texazzpete(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2011
thejurist:

I am sure the recalled workers are happy to be back, please lets praise the government for being considerate.

This is good, thanks to the Governor

Don't worry, when the revolution starts, bootlickers and sycophants like yourself will join the thieving leaders on the gallows.

(1) (Reply)

Politics Without Spiritual Fortification Is Death.Is It True? / FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari / Rare Picture Of President Muhammadu Buhari Making Call In The Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.