Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Logic Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Logic Help (1009 Views)

Help Me Keep My Brain In My Skull! Solve This Logic! / ATTENTION: Programming Logic Comparison / The Door-Goat-Car Logic Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Logic Help by pumpindkay(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2011
Could some one please help me to solve this bolean expression.
I want to use it to draw AND, XNOR, NAND, and OR gates + two inverters.
F(a,b,c) = [ab' (+) (a'b)']' + c
Re: Logic Help by ektbear: 8:59am On Nov 25, 2011
What do you mean by solve?

Anyway what you have is:

F(a,b,c) = XNOR(a,b) OR c

So you want to use F(a,b,c) to make AND(a,b), XNOR(a,b), etc?

Well making XNOR is easy, you just set c to 0. You should probably work the rest by yourself, though.
Re: Logic Help by ektbear: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2011
I misread your post and didn't see that tick next to (a'b). I also didn't realize that you are using (+) to denote xor. . . whoops.

So F(a,b,c) isn't as I described (isn't just xnor(blah) or c).

Simplifies as:
F(a,b,c) = [ab' (+) (a'b)']' + c
= [ab' (+) (a + b')]' + c

Off the top of my head I don't know how to simplify the expression in [] as a function of a and b.

But you can just try all 4 pairs to produce a truth table. From that you'll be able to figure out what the inner function is doing.

My truth table looks like this:
a | b| [ab' (+) (a'b)']'
0 | 0 | 0
0 | 1 | 0
1 | 0 | 1
1| 1  | 0

If this table is correct (which you'll need to double check), then this tells us that

[ab' (+) (a'b)']' = ab'

So F(a,b,c) = ab' OR C.

Anyway from this you should be good to go. . . hopefully you see the general pattern for solving these problems.

Again, double check that I haven't made any mistakes here and am interpreting your question properly.

(1) (Reply)

Which Programme Would You Advice I Go For? / Ethical H*cker Ugently Needed / Please help i want to start Android dev in kivy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.