Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Gear Box Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Box Problem (5601 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / Passat V6 Auto Gear Box Problem / Gear Box Problem? Read My Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gear Box Problem by bravedude(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2011
Bobbyendy:

had a timing belt problem and my mechanic was out of town so I took ‎​†ђξ car to a nearby mechanic from where I had ‎​†ђξ belt problem. He claimed he was an expert so I got ‎​†ђξ car ‎​†ђξ next day from his workshop and on my way home I heard a blast and thick flames we're coming from ‎​†ђξ engine ‎​†ђξ rest Ȋ̝̊̅§ history as d car got totaly burned
Bobbyendy:

pls Ȋ̝̊̅§ it that there are no good baby boy again free from gearbox problem coz I have been hearing several complains enlighten me pls

I didn't say there are no good baby boy free from gear box issues,what i said was if you own a baby boy,you have to be very careful with the gear box because it usually have leakage issue after servicing.So regular checking of gear box oil to notice any shortage will help.Baby boy is a very nice car with lot of comfort and can't be compare to that of 1999 camry beside maintenance.
Re: Gear Box Problem by ajealadick(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
hello gearmaster
is it possible to repair Honda Crv 1997 model auto gearbox?
someone said it's better to replace than repair, what's ur advice.
my wife used it and water got mixed up with the fluids.
it engages in gear but after sometime it just fails, during some hard throttle it has a squeaky sound.
what's ur advice sir?
Re: Gear Box Problem by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Siena:
^^^ Lol, Sultaan. I knew all the answers to all I was requesting, the range sensor is the "F" switch. I've replaced several, it's on the left of the transmission, and requires the catalysts and tranny mount on that side to access. A bear of a job. On the RS6, there's more room to work, even with the catalyst in place.

I just want to know how good Gearmaster is, and if he could give the correct answers. I'd still like to get his views on things, it's been a while since I posted my query.
@ Boss Siena, happy birthday bruv.... I know this is an old thread... epic infact but I need your insight and advice since you are great with the Audi brand... I intend getting an Audi A6 Quattro 2002 this week hopefully but was told the automatic gearbox is high on issues like sensor eish and dust.... pls what's your take on this and advice you could offer? I also have the Toyota Camry ( (Pencil light/ Chrystal light) as commonly called here) as an alternative but I want sth with low fuel consumption like the Camry with more power than the Camry which I know the Audi offers but the gear box eish scares me....
Re: Gear Box Problem by One4me: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
What is the cause of Engine failure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

One In 10 Lagos Drivers Have Valid Driver's Licence / The Best Electric Cars On Sale. (PICTURES N SPECS) / Which Is The Best Automatic Transmission Fluid For Toyota Camry 2000 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.