Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead (58131 Views)

Photos Of National Funeral Ceremony Of Late Dim Chukwuemeka Odunmegwu Ojukwu / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2011
Nemesis finally caught up with that foool.may he rot in the bottomless pit of hellfire.oloshi
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Did he die of AIDS ?
 is it not ur mum that brought aids to Nigeria angry angry angry angry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by TenKobo1: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2011
Rest in peace Lion of the Bianfran race.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2011
Atleast can we see his smelly rotten body ?
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Koolking(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2011
Jakumo:

Love him or loathe him, Oxford and Sandhurst graduate Odumegwu Ojukwu was a military officer of keen mind, great conviction and yes, outstanding bravery, for he knew not only when to fight and advance, but also when to retreat and cut losses.

Later days Ikemba sir.    May your children live long and bear your name with pride.

, and gallantry, that's the perfection description of Odimegwu Ojukwu. his death has not been confirmed yet. I reserve my eulogy
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by JamesDoe: 11:07am On Nov 26, 2011
Ok. RIP as I said, but my comments are not myth.

Mission was not accomplished, it was in fact abandoned.

If the mission was accomplished or not abandoned, will we be discussing here?

Nigerians are poor at finishing, why can't we recognise that though he may have had good intentions, his implementation and execution was poor. Add on his behaviour after the "pardon" and he falls short of a "hero".

Ojukwu is no Mandela. If you believe in something and hundred of thousands of your citizens die you don't abandon it just because some "fella" pardoned you. So by accepting the pardon, Ojuwku accepted he was wrong to fight Biafra? Rubbish!

RIP Mr Army man. Mission abandoned!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by freecocoa(f): 11:07am On Nov 26, 2011
I can't believe I'm crying.
Na  n'udo nwoke eji eme onu.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by babs777(m): 11:08am On Nov 26, 2011
Odumekwu Ojukwu is dead!, i hear Nigerians call him a Hero. This was a man  whose dream ' the biafran course' died before his death. I expect him to have died earlier so the course may live, so the dream may become a reality like a true leader would. In my opinion, he betrayed his own people by leading them to a war he would not give his life for, a war against a federation in which he later formed a political party for. Rest in whatever anyway, you Were not the kind of leader the Igbo people ever needed. Clear my thought, if you ve a contrary opinion, may be there's a part of that history i dont know.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by philips70(m): 11:09am On Nov 26, 2011
sheyguy:

wetin i do you na?enh  Bros?
If u want to refer to history that made him your hero, why not state what lead to the pogroms and arson u mentioned there. By telling one part of history you could be jeopardising someone elses history u know.
I no really get your time 4 now, because your points and argument supporting them r very weak to me.

At Sheyguy I do not need to write history down here for you. Just read, spend less time on Nairaland, read!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by iykak47: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2011
Oh! a  great Iroko has fallen,  the man who saw tomorrow.
 Ezeigbogburugburu, Ikemba  Adieu.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Lheyhe(m): 11:12am On Nov 26, 2011
Ojukwu was quite a great man, d
initiator of Biafran Republic and
he would have succeded if not
that our Baba Awolowo & d rest
do not believe in his cause. And
after so many years, Nigeria as a
nation has not witness and
definite changes instead suffering
is on d increase. So, maybe what
we need is what Ojukwu architect
many years ago, let Biafra be on
their own, Arewa to live their lives
with their Sharia and Boko Haran
and to Odua live in a way it
pleases them. We need
Confederation in this Country or
else there will be revolution which
l believe is already grooming up.
Baba Awo says before he died, 'it
will get to a stage that youth in
this country will take cutlass, gun
and stick demanding for their
rights and northern part will
become a battle ground', we are
watching.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by sheyguy: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2011
babestella:

@namfav and @executinal, @sheyguy

You all are big fooooooools, you probably cannot and will never live up to 1% of your dreams before you join him. Ojukwu struggled for what he believed, to liberate his people and you are hear on nairaland talking about what you don't even know, judging him as if you will go to heaven, shame on to you for talking badly about a man who is dead, if you are given an opportunity to step into his shoes, will you be able to achieve 0.0001% of this man's achievement.
Watch your mouth your northern fools, someday your northern idiotic brothers will have themselves to blame. You simply have exposed the kind of  you all are.

, silly bandits that you all are.

what have i done to you to merit those stuffs you mentioned there. I did not insult anyone so why the rage. Pls, I will like you to point out my offense so i make mends.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by tunnadex: 11:14am On Nov 26, 2011
rest in peace!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2011
if ojukwu is a hero why did he die in the uk? lalalaala think about it

babestella:

@namfav and @executinal, @sheyguy

You all are big fooooooools, you probably cannot and will never live up to 1% of your dreams before you join him. Ojukwu struggled for what he believed, to liberate his people and you are hear on nairaland talking about what you don't even know, judging him as if you will go to heaven, shame on to you for talking badly about a man who is dead, if you are given an opportunity to step into his shoes, will you be able to achieve 0.0001% of this man's achievement.
Watch your mouth your northern fools, someday your northern idiotic brothers will have themselves to blame. You simply have exposed the kind of  you all are.

, silly bandits that you all are.

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by philips70(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2011
JamesDoe:

Ok. RIP as I said, but my comments are not myth.

Mission was not accomplished, it was in fact abandoned.

If the mission was accomplished or not abandoned, will we be discussing here?

Nigerians are poor at finishing, why can't we recognise that though he may have had good intentions, his implementation and execution was poor. Add on his behaviour after the "pardon" and he falls short of a "hero".

Ojukwu is no Mandela. If you believe in something and hundred of thousands of your citizens die you don't abandon it just because some "fella" pardoned you. So by accepting the pardon, Ojuwku accepted he was wrong to fight Biafra? Rubbish!

RIP Mr Army man. Mission abandoned!

Strategies change in any war situation. Remember there were concerted efforts at reconciliation at the time of his pardon. What would you have this man do? Till tomorrow many people don't believe in his struggle. Your Mandela's example doesn't follow as all Black South Africans were with him in the struggle. Just respect the man for what he believed and fought for as at the time he did. Although your opinion is your right.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by fyomer: 11:19am On Nov 26, 2011
Rest in peace IKEMMBA DIM ODUMEGWU.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2011
amadioha who?  grin

lucenzo:

amadioha strike you and your family in their sleep. From the year1000 to the year 3000 nobody in your lineage was ever or would be ever courageous, famous and respected like ojukwu. Bloody bastard.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2011
namfav:

if ojukwu is a hero why did he die in the uk? lalalaala think about it

Funny. . .you mean after the guy ran away from death 41 years ago ?
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2011
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/evra73f68.gif[/img]

freecocoa:

I can't believe I'm crying.
Na  n'udo nwoke eji eme onu.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by HighChief4(m): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2011
A man is never considered Great until he carries his Greatness to the Grave.

Adieu the True Ndigbo Leader. You will forever be loved by Ndigbo and cherished by our generations to come. Your death is really a painful one, but God has taken you away to where you will have eternal rest. Goodnight the people's General. Jee nke oma!!!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by freecocoa(f): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2011
May Kamalu strike any bascard that comes here talking trash about ojukwu,iseeeee,ekwensu were unu mee ngwongwu,ndi ara na ndi iberibe thunder ga gbagbu.nonsense.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 11:27am On Nov 26, 2011
allah akbar

freecocoa:

May Kamalu strike any bascard that comes here talking trash about ojukwu,iseeeee,ekwensu were unu mee ngwongwu,ndi ara na ndi iberibe thunder ga gbagbu.nonsense.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by freecocoa(f): 11:29am On Nov 26, 2011
Come Namfav don't let me curse you this morning cos if I use the way e be me swear for you,thunder go just strike you,hopeless hediot.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by IFELEKE(m): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2011
DIM finally dimmed. . . R.I.P. Ikemba,with lessons for the living.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2011
namfav:

allah akbar

Is that one for Allah for killing oju-iku for us ? Lmao
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by WilyWily4: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2011
freecocoa:

Come Namfav don't let me curse you this morning cos if I use the way e be me swear for you,thunder go just strike you,hopeless hediot.
No need to re-Curse him, they are already a Cursed people.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Z20: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2011
Hey!i pray its not true,cos if it happens,darkness will cover day.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 26, 2011
Dies
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Justcash(m): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2011
namfav:

allah akbar

Your useless Allah that oversees the murder, r-ape, torture and annihilation of villages, mothers, children and innocent citizens? Sometimes I think this your stoopid allah is opium. You smoke it and you think it is god. Anuofia. Now, I have touched you where it will pain you most. You are a worshipper of an idiotic murderer called Allah. And your chant above sounds like a chant of a weed smoker that is about to go insane. I will take Ojukwu over your demonic Allah any day. The truth hurts.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2011
Oju-iku will wake up on sunday since he died on friday.Lmao
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by OneNaira6: 11:43am On Nov 26, 2011
He's death hasn't been confirmed yet so i'm praying this is another lie from ignorant nigerian journalist.  

If not, R.I.P

The true warrior, hero and father of Igboland  
Your dream will come true.  
Your wish will come true.  
The liberation of Eastern Nigerian will become a reality.
Your family will be blessed forever.

Go rest in heaven and watch as those who wished hell upon you, descend in hell and rot there with their entire family and future family following suit.

R.I.P You shall be missed dearly.  cry cry cry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by aljharem3: 11:45am On Nov 26, 2011
freecocoa:

abeg relax biko

this are your people insulting other heros that are dead, what makes ojukwu(the worse of them) different

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548978.0.html

^^^^^ that is for awo

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568908.0.html

^^^^^^^^^^^ this is for enaharo

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-800649.0.html

^^^^^^

that is for saro wiwa

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-442465.0.html

^^^^^ that is for yaradua

so why curse ? others took it in good faith

Moreover Ojukwu did NOT achieve anything both physically and phycologically, no principle nothing at all that I can refer to Ojukwu on, other than killing 3 million Nigerians and run to Ivory coast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Peter Obi Campaign Office In Abuja Donated By A Northerner / Herdsmen Caught At Sunday Igboho Mother’s Home - FFK (Photos) / President Buhari In Lagos With His Presidential Car Fleet (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.