Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Spartacus Vs Gannicus - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Spartacus Vs Gannicus (18718 Views)

Poll: Spartacus vs Gannicus

Spartacus: 50% (6 votes)
Gannicus: 50% (6 votes)
Undecided: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2011
i got into a pub debate sometime last week about these 2 gladiators.

who do you think would win if spartacus and gannicus were to fight in the arena?

spartacus

gannicus
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2011
Spartacus undecided
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 12:05am On Nov 28, 2011
iice:

Spartacus undecided

why do you think so?

gannicus won a sword fight blindfolded!
he actually fought to get freedom. the first of his kind.

i think he's the best gladiator from the house of batiatus. i may be wrong though cos spartacus is no slob either.

3 Likes

Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:15am On Nov 28, 2011
Gannicus anytime
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 1:19am On Nov 28, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

Gannicus anytime

why do you think so?
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
coogar:

why do you think so?

gannicus won a sword fight blindfolded!
he actually fought to get freedom. the first of his kind.

i think he's the best gladiator from the house of batiatus. i may be wrong though cos spartacus is no slob either.

I think Gannicus is only better because of experience in the arena and training. He's cocky which sometimes leads to downfall of some powerful men. Sometimes reflex is what saves him but that is again because of the experience and training.
Spartacus has seething rage but more importantly the indomitable spirit. It's what saved him despite his lack of experience and training.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
iice:

I think Gannicus is only better because of experience in the arena and training. He's cocky which sometimes leads to downfall of some powerful men. Sometimes reflex is what saves him but that is again because of the experience and training.
Spartacus has seething rage but more importantly the indomitable spirit. It's what saved him despite his lack of experience and training.

i quite agree. . . . .
i think boils down to if gannicus can be sober or not. he is highly skilled and has shown to be an excellent fighter even when under the influence of alcohol, s[i]e[/i]x and hangover.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Dgunnerz(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
OP,Which Spartacus are you talking about?
Late or Current?

Anyway,Gannicus will surely beat them both with his sharp two swords.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by cynthiafred67(f): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Late or Current?

^^^ seconded
gannicus all the way.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Late or Current?

don't just conclude gannicus would beat spartacus with his two swords.
why do you think so?

let's not forget spartacus was a man on a mission. he was fighting then to secure the freedom of his wife.
he would stop at nothing to get his wife and if he had met gannicus before his wife died - who knows?
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
[size=13pt]Spartacus. . . !!! all the way cheesy he's the real man . Gannicus i don't think he can be able to defeat him in battle lol cheesy cheesy grin wink[/size]
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
coogar:

i quite agree. . . . .
i think boils down to if gannicus can be sober or not. he is highly skilled and has shown to be an excellent fighter even when under the influence of alcohol, s[i]e[/i]x and hangover.

Sober or not, he will still be able to fight. It's what he's trained to do. He's a gladiator. A warrior.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2011
iice:

Sober or not, he will still be able to fight. It's what he's trained to do. He's a gladiator. A warrior.

so you don't think men can be hung-over on excessive alcohol & s[i]e[/i]x?
did you see the concern in doctore's voice and space when he found gannicus at the edge of the cliff drinking his life away? if he didn't think alcohol would affect him, he wouldn't have been that disturbed.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
coogar:

so you don't think men can be hung-over on excessive alcohol & s[i]e[/i]x?
did you see the concern in doctore's voice and space when he found gannicus at the edge of the cliff drinking his life away? if he didn't think alcohol would affect him, he wouldn't have been that disturbed.

Sure they can be hung over. What i mean is that it doesn't completely stop their reflexes, just dulls it unless he's passed out. And they'd still manage a fit with an amateur. As to Doctore's concern. . .i think it has more to do with what's needling Gannicus. The alcohol either amplifies the problem or numbs it. A sort of a quick fix.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2011
iice:

Sure they can be hung over.  What i mean is that it doesn't completely stop their reflexes, just dulls it unless he's passed out. 
And they'd still manage a fit with an amateur. As to Doctore's concern. . .i think it has more to do with what's needling Gannicus.  The alcohol either amplifies the problem or numbs it.  A sort of a quick fix.

but the guy he obliterated wasn't an amateur though! he was a beast and gannicus took him apart blindfolded.

Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
Whiskers! My mind flew ahead of my fingers again angry
Anyway. . .they are both great fighters.

All this talk of gladiators is making me ache to go watch the whole thing again before the new season starts.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Mujinho4b(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
grin grin grin grin ;Dwithot much thinking, ganicus go kill spartacus, though i lyk spartacus most, shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy undecided undecided tongue tongue
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
iice:

Whiskers! My mind flew ahead of my fingers again angry
Anyway. . .they are both great fighters.

All this talk of gladiators is making me ache to go watch the whole thing again before the new season starts.

i have watched it twice in the past month.
heard the new season is a tale of the gladiators taking over the capua and squaring up with the roman soldiers.
i hope the new spartacus character lives up to expectation.

Mujinho4b:

grin grin grin grin grin withot much thinking, ganicus go kill spartacus, though i lyk spartacus most, shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy undecided undecided tongue tongue

how sure are you?
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 4:16am On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

i have watched it twice in the past month.
heard the new season is a tale of the gladiators taking over the capua and squaring up with the roman soldiers.
i hope the new spartacus character lives up to expectation.

Nice to see i'm not the only one obsessed with something tongue
I'm just worried about the smooth transition of the new actor.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by chika98: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2011
iice:

Nice to see i'm not the only one obsessed with something tongue
I'm just worried about the smooth transition of the new actor.

I agree. I watched the trailer on Youtube and I think it will take a while for me to warm up to him
I mean my heart is still broken that Andy died cry cry

I guess we've got to move on right? Now I cannot wait January 27th! OMG grin
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by abrazar(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2011
Gannicus
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2011
Spartacus.
I don't take Gannicus seriously as a fighter. Maybe his character was downplayed a little bit for a hero, because I didn't just feel him. undecided I think enigmatic is the word I'm looking for. Gannicus wasn't that at all.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 4:04am On Dec 09, 2011
stillwater:

Spartacus.
I don't take Gannicus seriously as a fighter. Maybe his character was downplayed a little bit for a hero, because I didn't just feel him. undecided I think enigmatic is the word I'm looking for. Gannicus wasn't that at all.

Lol i know what you mean.

chika98:

I agree. I watched the trailer on Youtube and I think it will take a while for me to warm up to him
I mean my heart is still broken that Andy died cry cry

I guess we've got to move on right? Now I cannot wait January 27th! OMG grin
True!
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
stillwater:

Spartacus.

it must be because you hate womanisers. tongue how can you not see gannicus' heroic displays? he won the final battle for the house of batiatus even after his group was outnumbered by solonius' men. every single time he was called into action, he did not disappoint the house of batiatus. the story just didn't focus on his personal struggles - like where he came from, how he ended being a slave, etc like spartacus. however, on the issue of drawing swords, he was magnificent. the fatality move to rip out the jaw of his opponent in that arena was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
iice:

Lol i know what you mean.

I even thought he was going to die, lol. Then I remembered in season 1, I think they made reference to him. . . about his freedom.

coogar:

it must be because you hate womanisers. tongue how can you not see gannicus' heroic displays? he won the final battle for the house of batiatus even after his group was outnumbered by solonius' men. every single time he was called into action, he did not disappoint the house of batiatus. the story just didn't focus on his personal struggles - like where he came from, how he ended being a slave, etc like spartacus. however, on the issue of drawing swords, he was magnificent.

A lot of characters were downplayed anyway. I guess that was the whole idea of the prequel. Doctore for example. Seeing him having s.ex was weird to me grin. Season 1 made me believe he was too disciplined to even think on it. grin I hope Gannicus makes a come back in subsequent seasons though. Besides you forget the name of the series is Spartacus, and you think they'll let Gannicus win over Spartacus?

the fatality move to rip out the jaw of his opponent in that arena was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Just check out the photos you posted. See the passion and intensity in Spartacus' eyes and compare to the doe-eyed, innocence of Gannicus, lol. Gannicus reminds me of Jason in true blood, lol. grin
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2011
stillwater:

A lot of characters were downplayed anyway. I guess that was the whole idea of the prequel. Doctore for example. Seeing him having s.ex was weird to me grin. Season 1 made me believe he was too disciplined to even think on it. grin I hope Gannicus makes a come back in subsequent seasons though. Besides you forget the name of the series is Spartacus, and you think they'll let Gannicus win over Spartacus?

you mean you got tickled watching doctore with that stunning babe?
jupiter's c[i]o[/i]ck!!! cheesy grin

Just check out the photos you posted. See the passion and intensity in Spartacus' eyes and compare to the doe-eyed, innocence of Gannicus, lol. Gannicus reminds me of Jason in true blood, lol. grin

i actually don't think spartacus was that good. one thing kept him alive - the memory of his wife. without the hope he might see her again one day, he wouldn't have survived the ludus. funny how men appreciated their women back then. gannicus(with his back on the floor - waiting for his death) saw doctore's face and he remembered he had to win for the memory of doctore's wife. the inspiration lifted him so bad he ripped out the jaw of his opponent with a spear.
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by Bawss1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
Spartacus and Gannicus? Who are these people?

1 Like

Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2011
Bawss1:

Spartacus and Gannicus? Who are these people?

nigerians.

spartacus - igbo man
gannicus - fulani herdsman

3 Likes

Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by iice(f): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
stillwater:

Lmao! I agree with Doctore. It was weird to me too.

stillwater:

Gannicus reminds me of Jason in true blood, lol. grin
Chai. grin
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by jmaine: 2:59am On Dec 14, 2011
Gannicus is pure d/o/p/e . . . .The guy will bully spatacus throughout . . .
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by coogar: 3:02am On Dec 14, 2011
jmaine:

Gannicus is pure d/o/p/e . . . .

why is he dop[i]e[/i]?
Re: Spartacus Vs Gannicus by jmaine: 3:14am On Dec 14, 2011
coogar:

why is he dop[i]e[/i]?

Fighting blind folded was amazing . . .and his deft skill, less dependent on brute force is really interesting . . . The guy is simply a fighting machine . . . Spatacus na demo jare grin. .even Crixus ( Area boy) sef dey bully the guy (Spatacus) . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Nigerian Movie Called Beyonce / How Silverbird Uyo Bungled Movie Premiere With Failed Generators / Gotv Introduces 2 More Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.