Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. (915 Views)

The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / See How Facebook Drastically Improved My Son's Grades In School / My Son Cannot Count Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by overwhelmd: 1:55am On Nov 27, 2011
[b]Chose this section of the forum because am of the believe I will get a candid advise. Am a mother of seven, the first three have graduated. The fourth a boy(24yrs). (All his 9 papers in WAEC were excellent so was his JAMB). He was admitted too into a University to read his chosen course in 2005. In 2009 the year we expected him to graduate, he told us that he failed a paper in his 2nd year so didn't graduate 2009, but would graduate 2010. We sympathized and encouraged him to work harder to clear the course and complete his program. In all these 5 years we supported him morally and financially as we did to the previous three, his siblings.

He even told us of the project he was to write before graduating in 2010. He wrote and completed the project even gave us a copy. I was so happy and was looking forward to his NYSC in 2011. Though his dad, always looked suspicious of him. When it was time for the NYSC, we found out certain things he was saying about the service were not logical. At this point I asked him for documents relating to his academic activities, he could not give me any. So we decided to go to the University and find out. It was then we found out that he was withdrawn from the University in his 2nd year (2007). So all these years he was lying. I was shocked & devastated.

We then decided he should start all over, by taking the next JAMB, and further advised that, if his previous course was difficult he should change to another, but he is refusing that. He is insisting to do the "Open university" which i feel is too long a program (duration of completing a degree). He now avoid discussions with us, keeps himself in the room for the whole day becoming irritable & very hostile especially to the younger ones. what do I do, what do I say, how best do I go about this please?[/b]
Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by hannie: 3:04am On Nov 27, 2011
You will need to ask your child what exactly led to his being withdrawn from school:

Cult activities?

Poor academic performance?

Too difficult a course? (I sincerely doubt this as you inferred he is intelligent)

Fraud?

if he is not forthcoming GO AND FIND OUT FROM THE SCHOOL, ELSE YOU WILL JUST BE WINKING IN THE DARK!!! cool
Re: My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. by mcdokwe(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
my candid advice would be that u refrain from being judgmental, get to talk to him as a mother and make him understand that you are still very much prepared to see him through another academic pursuit, all he needs is to gain back confidence, someday he will talk and u guys will can work out something, hopefully

(1) (Reply)

It Is A Crime To Attend A Private School Says Lagos State Government / The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2012/2013 Admission List Coming Out Soon / hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.