Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) (16222 Views)

“Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2007
hey salvage, we seem to be d only 2 here. strange undecided
u no more on d bba2 forum abi larrybabes threat had u beating a retreat? grin grin grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2007
Modups!:

hey salvage, we seem to be d only 2 here. strange undecided
u no more on d bba2 forum abi larrybabes threat had u beating a retreat? grin grin grin

hehehe  grin grin grin

It was obvious the young girl has a crisis of some sort. Maybe mental or identity crisis.

Besides, its a drag where everyone follows a particular trail of thought without looking at all angles to the issue.

Am still able to read whats being posted and its refreshing to see other people with different views coming in.

Anyways, lets face Celebrity Takes Two.

Pasuma truly looks funny when dancing  grin grin grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by suze(f): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
yes o, i dont know why they keep hammering on omotola's size. Especially that olorioko guy. Its so annoying.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by fyneyes: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2007
been watching the show and whether copy cat or not,its quite entertaining.

yesterday's show was hilarious,when the celebrities got to dace contemporary african dance and for the first time i was impressed with zizi and omowunmi has my vote anyday anytime.zizi's performance was absolutely african and for the olori oko to say she had no stamina and for julius agwu to have a shot at the guy for everyone he tried to slain was funny,i cant wait for next week when they would be freestyling!.

and i can say the programme is quite entertaining,especially pasuma who i cant understand why he's still in the show but still pleasant to watch,am sure the whole mushin have their hands on their phones.

can someone tell the male mc to give the female a chance to talk a bit!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2007
fyneyes:

been watching the show and whether copy cat or not,its quite entertaining.

and i can say the programme is quite entertaining,especially pasuma who i can't understand why he's still in the show but still pleasant to watch,am sure the whole mushin have their hands on their phones.

can someone tell the male mc to give the female a chance to talk a bit!

fyneyes,

You are soo right there grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
d guy (ben) doesn't know when to stop talking,i think he likes d sound of his own voice
on d other hand, when he does let yinka talk, she looks lost or out of ideas & who is her costumier? undecided
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2007
Modups!, practice makes perfect and since the guy hardly lets her talk, she gets caught unawares whenever he does.

She is pretty though wink
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by fyneyes: 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2007
he should let her talk to she has a camera face but good old wateva his name is just wont let her have a complete sentence,he actually cut her short in a sentence yesterday,now thats rude,and she would do well if given a chance to talk.

plus he is so annoying
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
fyneyes, i noticed too when he cut her off mid sentence angry
i was hissing and shouting for him to shut up and let d competition begin

she is very pretty and should have been d one doing d main hosting, d guy should have been tossed behind d scene
her last 2 costumes have not done her shape any favours though undecided
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Aladunni(f): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2007
Was there no eviction yesterday. I missed the show all through.

Comments are good and alright. But i feel more than anything we should try to check out where all these celebrities are coming from and what change we can see in them NOW.
If you have seen this show from inception you will be impressed with "the trash" you think Pasuma is doing now. I dont have a favorite, just to enjoy myself and see good and improving performance. How much they do really depends on "the spirit" individuals put into it. And that is why Dayo Liadi will always say it should be from within. When it is from within, then you are sure the performance will be great without struggle.
Look at Tara before she was evicted, I initially thought it has to do with her being married and you know coping with "domestic stuff" and probably "House of Tara" but check out Zizi (a full time designer) see what she is becoming and that was why she was scored down during the Hip-Hop show, 'cos since the beginning of the show all her dances reflected a willingness to dance and dance well. There are some dissappointments like NoMoreLoss and Kunle Afolayan, I feel they can as well reject the offer from start instead of not even giving the dance a little of themselves at all.
On Omotola (abeg ikebe no dey heavy the owner) they should just leave her, I give kudos to her more because she is married with kids and she has really improved.
Bryan, Omowunmi, and Funlola, in my judgement they are good and ready to learn.
Take note of one thing, they do better in some dances than others. Maybe each dancer falls in love with different kinds of dance.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by hannydarl(f): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
@hype
watch that water pot mouth of yours you also are not forced to read my boring post as you call them abi i address my posts to you?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Ambber(f): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2007
abeg make someone tell olori oko to leave omotola alone. She is doing great, she doesnt have to win but she is making effort and is improving on her dancing , give it to the girl. Olori Oko himself is bulky and he dances for a living. how will he fare in acting? Omotola appearing on the program is a big boost for the organisers because whether she dance or no dance several nigerians will still use their phone to want to see her on their screen next week till when common sense will make us choose the winner. For a mother of four all I can do is mwam

Make dem no give my girlpanic attack again o
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jiddah: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2007
abeg, people should just stop hammering bout omotola and the four children issue,i think it would sound really stupid to think she is in the show for people to say after four children she can still roll her body and dance,maybe she ust wanna have fun,dats all,just hope she losses some weight in the process. grin

yes the olori oko guy is a bit harsh but someone has to be,julius gave him a hard time though,and him telling my beloved sultan that his dance is not from within,as if he knows depth?

Bryan is still not impressing me with his dances, like the duo though especially the girl,damn energetic.
Zizi had her fun with the olori oko performance,that was tight.i give her a 10 too
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by lawyerchap(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2007
Yesterday's eviction was a shocker. First we had a fake eviction when Omowunmi Akinifesi was announced as the celebrity leaving the show. She also had to perform her farewell dance under the impression that she had been eliminated. It took a bit of the zest out of her performance. But at the point people began to walk out in disgust at the elimination of one of the best couples on the show, Ben announced that it was a fake elimination. And the people all ran back in. So the judges had to score her on the farewell dance, which was unfair if you ask me as if she had known it would be scored she would have given that little bit more to make an ordinary routine somewhat more inspiring.

Costume of the night for me was Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde. She came on wearing a truly sassy cowgirl costume complete with ten-gallon hat and lasso. The dancing let me down a bit though. Brian gave a soulless performance full of stunts. Loveth his partner is petite and they exploited this quite well as he whirled her through the air so many times that i got dizzy on her behalf. They finished the dance with Loveth a full six feet off the ground. But somehow, it all seemed rather mechanical.

Pasuma Wonder cannot dance to save his life but he is always a big hit with the audience because of his sheer entertainment value. I guess the novelty of a Fuji artiste taking on these 'foreign' dance styles is what he's got going for him. His freestyle routine last night was sheer joy. They mixed in all manner of dance styles and expectedly whenever they threw in a fuji move the place erupted in rapturous cheering and applause. He had this radiant smile on his face throughout what must have been (for him) an agonizingly tension filled routine. It was delightful to watch.

Funlola Aofiyebi was the clown of the night. Dressed as clowns she and her partner brought drama as always to their performance and must have performed no less than fifty dance styles in 90 seconds. It was like a trip down the memory lane of dance. They did everything from Running Man, Fork and Knife, Cabbage right down to a salsa move that ended with yahoozee. It was really creative, though the audience didn't quite seem to get it. I happened to sit near Princess the comedienne and i could have cheerfully strangled her for her garrulousness. Basketmouth who sat behind her makes so much more money than she does but sat there respecting himself while she kept shooting her mouth off. She is funny as hell alright. but i just wished she could have kept it down a bit.

Sound Sultan gave the performance of the night with a frenetic salsa routine. Salsa has always been his strong point and he pulled off a supremely controlled performance on the night. He lost a few marks with the judges though as Freestyle was the theme for the night and was meant to showcase creativity in dance, not just one single style. But i think someone gave him a ten, perhaps the Guest Judge Olufunmi, i'm not too sure.

Zizi Cardow danced exceptionally well last night. She is perhaps the one celebrity who really gets into the technicalities of the dance styles. Sarah Boulos had given her a ten on a Romanian Rumba a couple of editions back, which goes to show that she pays great attention to technique. So it was a crying shame when she was announced as the celebrity leaving the show this week. The reactions from the crowd were exactly like the reaction to Akinifesi's fake eviction. Shouts of 'Ojoro' rent the air and people walked out in disgust. Which was kind of okay as the announcement was made at the end of the show. I walked out too.

I've attended every single show and while it can be an exercise in frustration as they are shooting for broadcast (so you'll hear 'Cut' 'Stop' 'Roll Tape' 'Action') it is also a splendid way to spend a Tuesday night. If anyone would like to attend the live shows on Tuesdays at Planet 1, i have VIP passes for you. Just let me know by email and i'll hook you up with some.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Aladunni(f): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2007
@lawyerchap

Its really nice hearing from a horse's mouth. Very good analysis just like in BBA2.
But i feel that is quite unfair for Zizi. she had always put her heart in this dance stuff, let us assume the "professional dancers/judges" knows best and we can get ourselves entertained with the show while it lasts.
The people's vote is also a great determinant of this eviction process too. Thus i will never be surprised if "Pasuma" ends the "first runner-up". I think he has lots of fans that have the whole time at their disposal to do the votings.
Wishing to hear more by the time "we" that cant make the live shows see it on TV. Till then cheers
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2007
WHAT!!!! shocked zizi is out
wats d meaning of this? and wats up with the stupid fake eviction? must we over copy?
dis is absolute nonsense, d organisers should take time angry angry angry
if they dont want to ruin a good show, they should stop all dis uneccessary rig-ma-roll

@LC
good to have u here & thanks for d info, cant wait to watch it on tv dis sunday
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jiddah: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
ZIZI IS OUT!!!!!?? not after that her olori oko performance,she must be heartbroken

HOW? WHEN? embarassed embarassed embarassed guess i will have to wait till sun too.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hey,

Paso Paso grin grin

Like someone mentioned here before,it seems the whole of Mushin have their hands on the phone.

But seriously though, people should start voting for their favs and the good dancers or else they will all be gone.

Like Sound Sultan said after one of his performances, "Dont say the boy is good" , go and vote.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2007
@Lawyerchap,
could u pls and pls do me a favour,
since u are always at the recording,the next time that male presenter cuts off the female presenter mid-sentence,can u help deliver a jaw breaking punch to his jawline then we'll see how he will continue hosting the show.
i guess that's easy to do abi,thanks in advance.will watch out for ur trademark then.cheers
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by lawyerchap(m): 7:51am On Nov 29, 2007
seun001:

@Lawyerchap,
could u please and please do me a favour,
since u are always at the recording,the next time that male presenter cuts off the female presenter mid-sentence,can u help deliver a jaw breaking punch to his jawline then we'll see how he will continue hosting the show.
i guess that's easy to do abi,thanks in advance.will watch out for your trademark then.cheers

@seun001
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you see the amount of pseudo-secret service personnel that are on ground at the live show, you go think say president dey come watch the thing. Before i will take five steps in Ben's direction to deliver that jaw breaking punch, there will be like ten of those secret service types to wrestle me to the ground. Actually, only two will be enough to hold me down as i'm not so substantially built, physically speaking. But maybe if i go gym small, and you come to the live show, i can create a diversion and while the SS wannabes are wrestling me to the floor, you can walk up to the unsuspecting Ben and deliver that damaging punch. wink wink wink grin grin

Sound like a plan? wink Just let me know if you're interested. grin grin

But seriously, Ben is a real pain with absolutely no finesse when it comes to presenting a show of this magnitude. I think he is trying to leverage the valuable face-time he's getting internationally. But he should allow his co-presenter also get in a word sometimes. She too, her voice is flat and she can never seem to inject enthusiasm or excitement into her voice. I think that for the kind of money Skye Bank is putting up, (Two hundred and thirty million Naira so far) they could have gotten a Frank Edoho-type professional presenter instead of Spirit of David bigwigs seeking (cheap?) popularity.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2007
@lawyerchap
funny really,
I have also noticed this, The stupid guy dosen't letthe girl talk atall. I wish i can enrol for your plan.

Pasuma try this week sha, bouncing like a 3 yr old dancing tarditional school dance grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jiddah: 9:50am On Nov 29, 2007
@lawyer chap

could you just deliver that blow,if anything happens dont worry i will get you out of wateva it is but pleaseeeee deliver the blow on the guy's jaw, you could even act like a fan when you are close then you can just do the deal,cant bear to see him trying to gain cheap publicity.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Zizi(f): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2007
I have always said it that the problem with Nigerian shows is that we copy way toooooooooooo much. Whats with the rubbish fake eviction? Absolute Nonsense!!!!!! Zizi was voted off? angry angry angry angry that is soooooooooooooo annoying!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone save me heaches every sunday by getting PASUMA off that showwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Am done with him gawking himself eve ry sunday. Here I was thinking that with the routine by Omotola last week she wasn't going to escape this week, too bad!!!! That Olori oko guy is sooooooooooooo emputee upstairs! And if I see Ben one more time anchoring the show , I swear I will break my Tv.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 10:58am On Nov 29, 2007
zizi, i feel ur pain most especially cos ur namesake got kicked out of d show  cry sorry, pele my dear
abeg no break ur tv oh  shocked, d guy is still gonna anchor dis thing till d end
wonder who goes next  undecided guys we gots to vote, though i wonder if our votes even count self 

@ LC, seun001, jiddah
may i suggest some ripe tomatoes to throw? dat way u dont even have to leave ur seat though u might have to beat a very hasty retreat after  grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Egavlas(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2007
Modups!:

@ LC, seun001, jiddah
may i suggest some ripe tomatoes to throw? that way u don't even have to leave your seat though u might have to beat a very hasty retreat after grin

Modups!, That sounds interesting. grin grin .

The show will get more fans and viewers.

Many more people will start watching if only to see the tomatoe throwing time.

Just like shower time on BB.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
@lawyerchap,
i could almost feel the pain of the female presenter,not being able to complete a sentence.isnt somebody noticing during the recording.
will probably still take u up on your plan if i can tear myself away from work.weekdays is just out of it except maybe we scrum up some plan on a weekend where those snipers are not available.
and tomato throwing is also a brilliant idea,since the lights dims for a particular performance,make sure its rotten tomatoes.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jahman(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
the judge are being bias to the scores the are giving omosexy. she has improved
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2007
dayo was in a really good mood this time, he was dishing out high scores and even gave someone a 9 shocked i was shocked
d guest judge olufunmi was rather stingy though ah ah

once again i keep wondering wat is wrong with dat ben guy? does he like d sound of his own voice so much? r u guys sure we wont explore dat tomato throwing thing? am not for violence but dis guy is really working on my nerves angry

so sad to see zizi go cry
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by seun001(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2007
ok,i tripped for pasuma,funlola and sound sultan, meeeeen they blew my mind ooo!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2007
wat they did to omowunmi was not funny oh, y did they single her out for fake eviction?
she still danced well though scored low by d judges, her trainer wale was not finding d whole thing funny at all but i liked her spirit.

i luved sound sultans performance, d guy can really dance & pasuma did so well
luved his military concept, he really impressed me. funlola did like 15 dance steps, she's good & i like her dedication to dis competition

dis is getting tougher by d week, who goes next
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Pepeye(f): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2007
wil miss seeing ZIZI on the show, she danced professionally,
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Zizi(f): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2007
Ok, Yesterday's show was not bad at all. Looks like the dancers have finally picked their act except Omotola. I think she needs to be evicted. Sound Sultana was the bomb. I loved his dance. Ben is still pissing me up big time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Download Spartacus Season 3 / Nigeria, Others Fail To Meet Digital Transmission Deadline / Download Doctor Strange Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.