Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,021 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised (4452 Views)

Anambra Election: Prof. Maurice Iwu Immortalised? / House Of Reps Want Ojukwu Immortalised / I Want Abiola Immortalised, Says Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
[size=14pt]Buhari, PRONACO want Ojukwu immortalised[/size]
on NOVEMBER 27, 2011 · in NEWS

Lagos – Former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday described the late Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu as a tireless, intelligent, focused and frank negotiator who kept to his words.

Buhari, in a condolence message through his spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin in Lagos, said Ojukwu symbolised many things to people.

According to Buhari , Ojukwu and himself were partners in progress, searching assiduously for solutions to the problems confronting Nigeria.

“In the process of our friendship and guests in each other’s homes and in all our transactions and engagements on and off the political scene, I find Dim a most forthright and honourable player.

“No doubt, the understanding and trust that developed between us and between him and other political players contributed in no small measure to the overall success of the process of national integration.’’

He noted that with Ojukwu’s death, the nation had lost a leader of great humanity and a political actor of great colour and character.

“Ndigbo has lost a brave captain who has now passed to the status of a legend.

“His death in many ways can be said to be truly irreparable. ’’

Meanwhile, the Pro National Conference Organisation (PRONACO) says it will immortalise the late Ojukwu.

In a condolence message signed by its spokesman, Mr Wale Okuniyi, PRONACO stated that it would consult with other patriotic leaders in the country on how to immortalise Ojukwu.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/buhari-pronaco-want-ojukwu-immortalised/
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Kilode1: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2011
Immortalizing Ojukwu through monuments and other ephemeral acts will not address any of the fundamental issues bedeviling Nigeria.

The best way to immortalize Ojukwu and the hundred of thousands who lost their lives during the Biafran war is to have an honest change-making conversation about our foundational problems.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

Immortalizing Ojukwu through monuments and other ephemeral acts will not address any of the fundamental issues bedeviling Nigeria.

The best way to immortalize Ojukwu and the hundred of thousands who lost their lives during the Biafran war is to have an honest change-making conversation about our foundational problems.

Gbam.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by chino11(m): 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2011
Ojukwu as a beacon of hope for black race.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by AfroBlue(m): 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2011
>>In a condolence message signed by its spokesman, Mr Wale Okuniyi, PRONACO stated that it would consult with other patriotic leaders in the country on how to immortalise Ojukwu.

Build state of the art hospitals Nairaland with local staff, and name the first one after Ojukwu.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by nduchucks: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2011
Kilode?!:

Why are you so-called educated intellectuals afraid to have the said conversation through your institutions such as NASS? Do you not have representatives in both houses? If you are dissatisfied with your representatives why not organize and replace them or run for office yourselves? conversation ko, sovereign debate ni.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by ektbear: 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2011
There is nothing a Fulani seems to fear more than a SNC.

Curious, ain't it?

And what a Fulani fears and abhors should be embraced by most other Nigerians.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Curious, ain't it?

Why are southern Nigerians very arrogant?. Why do you think you will be better off than the Fulani if SNC starts in Nigeria?. Why do you think they fear it in the first place?
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Curious, ain't it?

dude stop displaying ur ignorance here angry
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Kilode1: 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Why are you so-called educated intellectuals afraid to have the said conversation through your institutions such as NASS? Do you not have representatives in both houses? If you are dissatisfied with your representatives why not organize and replace them or run for office yourselves? conversation ko, sovereign debate ni.

I'm not an educated intellectual, I have school leaving certificate tho.

The parties I supported during the last election, (ACN at state level and CPC: federal) have representatives in them who have called several times for a national conference, some of them even want it to be sovereign. The best I could do in April was to work towards ensuring that they have enough like-minded folks in the NASS. I tried my best, and I will do it again.

Now which party did you support sir?

What is their position on these fundamental issue? who are your leaders? Share their rhetoric let us examine where they stand on this issue and why they can't push forward on it.

Leaders I respect in my part of the country are ready to push forward on this issue, they've called for it from opposition since 1993, probably longer actually, they need help. sir.

If we don't want to do another Biafra, then those who have managed to "capture" power must quit burying their heads in the sand and use their position and the resources at their disposal to jumpstart the process.

Until they do that, they have no moral right to question other people's convictions.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2011
Buhari must be mistaking or just playing politics.

which immortalisation ? No way oh ze

Abacha SHOULD BE IMMORTALISED but he is not, What has Ojukwu done for this country other than kill 3 million of us ?

What is Ojukwu's idealogy that we the younger generation can follow ?
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by ektbear: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2011
alj_harem:

dude stop displaying your ignorance here angry

Hehe

Every man has a flaw grin

Who knows, maybe gross generalization or even bigotry is mine.

But I find it interesting that this is what they and their buddies seem to fear more than anything.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe

Every man has a flaw grin

Who knows, maybe gross generalization or even bigotry is mine.

But I find it interesting that this is what they and their buddies seem to fear more than anything.

Bros you are highly mistaking

Nigeria is in a delicate ethnic balance and SNC would not only affect the big 3 but also the balance.

Why do you think igbo politicans don't want it ?

Why do you think it is only the northern and western Nigeria that want it ?

do you know the implication of SNC ?

and if there is, Have you though on how it would affect, edo, rivers, delta, kogi, niger, yobe, adamawa, benue etc

this is not about Fulani but about the Minorities. THEY DO NOT WANT SNC trust me on this
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Nigeria is in a delicate ethnic balance and SNC would not only affect the big 3 but also the balance.

and if there is, Have you though on how it would affect, edo, rivers, delta, kogi, niger, yobe, adamawa, benue etc

this is not about Fulani but about the Minorities. THEY DO NOT WANT SNC trust me on this
Igbo politicians called you on phone and told you they have abandoned SNC?. You must be a spambot.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2011
For those calling for national monument in respect of the great Igbo Hero, please think twice. It is like telling Museveni of Uganda to name an international airport or any stadium after Idi Amin. Just my thoughts nt imposed on you please
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2011
This Buhari should stay out of our Ikemba issue pleeaaaaaasse! Thank you! We don't need his condolences or for him to emphasise the importance or significance of Ezeigbo Ikemba.

Buhari live our Ikemba to us. angry angry
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by hakanai(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

This Buhari should stay out of our Ikemba issue pleeaaaaaasse! Thank you! We don't need his condolences or for him to emphasise the importance or significance of Ezeigbo Ikemba.

Buhari live our Ikemba to us. angry angry

Well,that is not up to you.Its for the Ojukwu biological family to answer.As much as you want to be arrogant and confrontational in this regard, your response and attitude is no better than those who abuse the Late Ojukwu on NL! Allow the man get his tributes and stop being a fool!!!
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Relax101(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2011
alj_harem:

You see the bas//tard called Alh Harem.
You see how he lies to get his point across.
Show me a link.
You are a demon that should be burnt!
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2011
haka_nai:

Well,that is not up to you.Its for the Ojukwu biological family to answer.As much as you want to be arrogant and confrontational in this regard, your response and attitude is no better than those who abuse the Late Ojukwu on NL! Allow the man get his tributes and stop being a fool!!!

Buhari imprisoned the Ikemba after he returned to Nigeria, why is he now talkin as if the Ikemba mean't anything to him. It makes me feel even sad dat such a man would use our Ikemba to score points from the not so well informed.

p.s don't get abusive with me the next time u respond to my post or else! angry angry angry
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Buhari imprisoned the Ikemba after he returned to Nigeria, why is he now talkin as if the Ikemba mean't anything to him. It makes me feel even sad dat such a man would use our Ikemba to score points from the not so well informed.

ps don't get abusive with me the next time u respond to my post or else! angry angry angry
Ikemba was never imprisoned by anybody.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by PointB: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2011
Don't mind that lying tongue Ahj harem. Umeh the chairman of APGA is on record calling for SNC, but lairs like that discredited aboki would want to say otherwise for selfish purpose. SNC is necessary today to prevent war tomorrow!
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by hakanai(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

ps don't get abusive with me the next time u respond to my post or else! angry angry angry

What of Nigeria as a whole he fought with?Please you folks are just so trouble some.The family has not rejected or said anything yet and are mourning there lost.People are showing remorse and paying there respects.What a sane and mentally sound person would do is pray and mind his own business.
About Jailing him remind me when?how many times Ojukwu as a person has raised it as an issue any issue towards Buhari.While Buhari was in ANPP,he had a good relationship with Ojukwu while trying to build an opposition along side Okadigbo.While you are here ranting trash.Do you know what transpired between them?Please allow the family answer such and don't poke nose in the affairs that is for the family.Remember that Buhari and Ojukwu planned a protest in Abuja after voting irregularities with the Obasanjo government and they were denied permission for any rally then.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2011
haka_nai:

What of Nigeria as a whole he fought with?Please you folks are just so trouble some.The family has not rejected or said anything yet and are mourning there lost.People are showing remorse and paying there respects.What a sane and mentally sound person would do is pray and mind his own business.
About Jailing him,Since his release remind me how many times Ojukwu as a person has raised it as an issue.While Buhari was in ANPP,he had a good relationship with Ojukwu while trying to build an opposition along side Okadigbo.While you are here ranting trash.Do you know what transpired between them?Please allow the family answer such and don't poke nose in the affairs that is for the family.Remember that Buhari and Ojukwu planned a protest in Abuja after voting irregularities with the Obasanjo government and they were denied permission for any rally then.

Ok, that is me well told, now find somebody else to discuss watever.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

p.s don't get abusive with me the next time u respond to my post or else! angry angry angry

Not correct.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Relax101(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2011
PointB:

Don't mind that lying tongue Ahj harem. Umeh the chairman of APGA is on record calling for SNC, but lairs like that discredited aboki would want to say otherwise for selfish purpose. SNC is necessary today to  prevent war tomorrow!

If you go through what He's written here, you will find out that almost everything is false and baseless.
He said Fulani are indigenous in Anambra, Cross River and rivers. Can you beat that?
The sharia legal system should do justice to him.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aloyemeka1: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2011
Relax101:

If you go through what He's written here, you will find out that almost everything is false and baseless.
He said Fulani are indigenous in Anambra, Cross River and rivers. Can you beat that?
The sharia legal system should do justice to him.

Of course Fulanis are indigenous to those states.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2011
Relax101:

You see the bas//tard called Alh Harem.
You see how he lies to get his point across.
Show me a link.
You are a demon that should be burnt!

dude stop displaying ur ignorance here.

Go check up on ohaneze and igbo leaders views on SNC/federalism
angry

in fact I am using my phone now, when I get time i would post it.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

With the rubbish you wrote here,i'm certain you have been brainwashed and misguided.When did buhari send oju-iku to prison ?
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

With the rubbish you wrote here,i'm certain you have been brainwashed and misguided.When did buhari send oju-iku to prison ?

it is the sort of hate I was talking about

She (my wife bliss4lyf) is so full of hate for the north and SW, the truth eludes her even at point blank.

Someone that claim Buhari sent Ojukwu to prison even when he was invited back by the FG, is known as a bigoted person.

If she said this, I wonder how many of her likes would be thinking along that line. which explains the hate for Buhari
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

My Bad, some mixed up internet source not reliable.
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by aljharem3: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Nywanne, my wife

why would u search for such at the first place if u are not biased against Buhari ?

A man that called the the immortalization of Ikemba SHOULD be loved by people like you, I mean u have no reason to dislike him undecided

Anyway, I still like you biko, and my afulum would never fall kiss kiss kiss
Re: PRONACO Want Ojukwu Immortalised by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

That is the sort of trash you will always see on the internet to denigrate anybody that has one time fought for one nigeria to the detriment of biafara struggle.Most stuff you see on the internet are distorted and not completely reliable.
alj_harem:

it is the sort of hate I was talking about

She (my wife bliss4lyf) is so full of hate for the north and SW, the truth eludes her even at point blank.

Someone that claim Buhari sent Ojukwu to prison even when he was invited back by the FG, is known as a bigoted person.

If she said this, I wonder how many of her likes would be thinking along that line. which explains the hate for Buhari
i believe it has become an ethnic thing,most of them have been brainwashed by their parents and i'm certain she will also pass these lies to her children.what a shame !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi / PHOTONEWS: 35-year Old Nigerian Man Executed In Indonesia Buried Amidst TearS. / All The Documents I Presented Showing Ameachi Is Corrupt Were Forged~wechie Livi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.