Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter (8517 Views)

7 Most Influential Tech Blogs According To Nigerian Bulletin / List Of 15 Most Influential Blogs In Nigeria / The Most Influential Nigerians Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by sandra123: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2011
How do we measure influence? For the sake of simplicity, we would use the simplest metric - number of followers.

Here is our list of the top 10 most influential Nigerians on Twitter.

1. @pastorchrislive - 1,042,018 followers

2. @donjazzymohits - 172,531 followers

3. @wizkidayo - 137,584 followers

4. @iamdbanj - 128,897 followers

5. @bankyw - 121,145 followers

6. @MI_Abaga - 110,511 followers

7. @2faceidibia- 92,287 followers

8. @NaetoC - 85,981 followers

9. @iceprincezamani - 89,799 followers

10. @genevievennaji1 - 72,818 followers

N.B. - This is not an exact list. If you know any influential Nigerian (by number of followers) we may have inadvertently left out of the top 10 list, please let us know by sending an e-mail to publisher@cp-africa.com

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/11/27/the-most-influential-nigerians-on-twitter/
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Slyr0x: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2011
Hmmmn. . .Personally, iThink it goes beyond just the no of #ffs you have. .

How about regular #TT (Trending Topic) starters? I mean for your hashtag to trend, you must have LOTs of people going in on it.

TT Starters like  @TweetOracle should be on this list. .[size=4pt]I hate his guts tho[/size].  . .He  trends like everyyyy dayyyyyy.  .You  can  check   here  http://trendsmap.com/local/ng/lagos   .  .   .

In no particular order

1. @donjazzymohits
2. @wizkiddayo
3. @mi_abaga
4. @bankyw
5. @iceprincezamani
6. @gbagaundetector
7. @soundsultan
8. @eldeethedon
9. @TweetOracle
10. @gbengasesan/@omojuwa/ @ged / @OoTheNigerian
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Jcob(m): 10:13am On Nov 28, 2011
hmmmm, where did Chris get over a million tweeps in Nigeria? We currently have less than 500k twitter users in NG.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by highland(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2011
Jcob:

hmmmm, where did Chris get over a million tweeps in Nigeria? We currently have less than 500k twitter users in NG.

Chris influence is not positional but spiritual. it is more than some presidents in many countries.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by olawalebabs(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2011
@omojuwa @elrufai @ogundamisi @eggheader
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by olawalebabs(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2011
@omojuwa @elrufai @ogundamisi @eggheader @olawalebab
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2011
Kai, dis na big fu*C*K up, can u imagine most influential nigerians having below 1 million followers, not even up to 500k apart from pastorcris, this shows Nigerians are still not expose in terms of internet
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 28, 2011
@OP Twitter is not an accurate measure of influence.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2011
Pastor was the most followed Nigeria or even African before he was banned by twitter for violating their TOS. Now most of Pastor chris's followers have switched over to Yookos.

Btw, why does ice price have that much followers? It's also unfortunate that apart from Pastor Chris, the other people with the highest twitter followers are celebrities who preach vanity. Shame.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2011
Na wa
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by thehunted(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2011
[s]
sandra123:

How do we measure influence? For the sake of simplicity, we would use the simplest metric - number of followers.

Here is our list of the top 10 most influential Nigerians on Twitter.

1. @pastorchrislive - 1,042,018 followers

2. @donjazzymohits - 172,531 followers

3. @wizkiddayo - 137,584 followers

4. @iamdbanj - 128,897 followers

5. @bankyw - 121,145 followers

6. @MI_Abaga - 110,511 followers

7. @2faceidibia- 92,287 followers

8. @NaetoC - 85,981 followers

9. @iceprincezamani - 89,799 followers

10. @genevievennaji1 - 72,818 followers

N.B. - This is not an exact list. If you know any influential Nigerian (by number of followers) we may have inadvertently left out of the top 10 list, please let us know by sending an e-mail to publisher@cp-africa.com

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/11/27/the-most-influential-nigerians-on-twitter/

omotola has over 1million followers
[/s]
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2011
DonChippy:

@OP Twitter is not an accurate measure of influence.
Eediot d topic says twitter undecided
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by chinedumo(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2011
Jcob:

And who says pastor Chris's followers are only Nigerians

highland:

Chris influence is not positional but spiritual. it is more than some presidents in many countries.

i wish i understand what u mean

afam4eva:

Pastor was the most followed Nigeria or even African before he was banned by twitter for violating their TOS. Now most of Pastor chris's followers have switched over to Yookos.

Tell me more of that TOS violation u made mention of , was he really banned. is the ban still in effect? Do u think the ban was justifiable?

Btw, why does ice price have that much followers? It's also unfortunate that apart from Pastor Chris, the other people with the highest twitter followers are celebrities who preach vanity. Shame.

A really Big shame. I must say. So lets say that Pastor Chris is our "saving grace"
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Slyr0x: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2011
Y'all should go and check Pastor Chris' followers. .More than 70% are dummy accounts. .with "eggs" as profile pix
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2011
Slyr0x:

Y'all should go and check Pastor Chris' followers. .More than 70% are dummy accounts. .with "eggs" as profile pix

That's why he was sanctioned by Twitter.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by medjai(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
So apart from Pastor Chris, no other Nigerian has up to 1 million ffers.
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by thehunted(m): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2011
medjai:

So apart from Pastor Chris, no other Nigerian has up to 1 million ffers.

omotola has 1 million followers
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Ufeolorun(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
olawalebab:

@omojuwa @elrufai @ogundamisi @eggheader

Exactly,they are the only influential people on twitter at least they make loads of sense.Eggheader has been the most useful for me,especially on news from Ekiti.

The TV ( musicians,hosts,artists) guys there hardly make sense,have unfollowed probably all of  them (except 1 or 2) cos all they end up doing is clogging my scroll with silly and sometimes annoying twits.
dem no beg me to follow them after all, been there before most of them anyways,  Adegun Adeogun! grin
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Sike(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
I'm also Influential in my own special way. tongue
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Imaeyez(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
For Real Shiiiiiiiiiii
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by 2dmax(m): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
afam4eva:

That's why he was sanctioned by Twitter.
, hahahaha! Baba chris noni!
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by JohnDoe77(m): 8:14am On Nov 29, 2011
For top arsenal tweets and information regarding all things Arsenal, follow @arsenal_fanatiq
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by tosinolai: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
how do you think that nigeria can better than this
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by yawatide(f): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
Some ppl no get job. Some still no get food to eat. Some no get light. Some get 3 phones but no light to charge. etc etc.

My point?
And some of you r surprised as to y not everyone is a twitter freak?
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by deleson: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
It's quite appalling to see such names on the list of most influential Nigerians on twitter by the number of followers they have.

It goes to tell you that entertainment personalities who have little or no value to teach younger generations are given prominence and attention more than individuals who are willing and capable of influencing with virtues of honesty-dignity-responsibility-morals ,

I bet, nothing is working in Nigeria,

A country where majority of its youths rejoice in moral decadence and poor intellectual prowess and disloyalty to the future.

Nigeria has a long way to go,

Thank GOD I'm a positive change maker!
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by ishow2005(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2011
Even me self special on twitter atleast i have more than 2000 followers. Follow me on twitter for lovely tweet and followback @iaaazcom
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by graciella(f): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2011
@chichi_nzewine
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Chizolum(f): 10:24am On May 10, 2012
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by owobaba201: 12:35am On Apr 08, 2013
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR INTERESTING UPDATES(NEWS,CURRENT-AFFAIRS &ENTERTAINMENT).@CHOKRIZENTERTAI.U CAN ALSO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK@ CHOKRIZ ENTERTAINMENT FANPAGE &UL SURELY BE ENTERTAIND!OOSHE!
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by Orikinla(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: The Most Influential Nigerians On Twitter by owobaba201: 1:25am On Apr 12, 2013
folow me for unique entertainment gist @CHOKRIZENTERTAI.A LOT OF FREEBIES AWAIT U.UL BE GLAD U DID

(1) (Reply)

5 Categories Of Bloggers In Nigeria. Which One Are You? / What Are The Dangers Of Buying Already Made Facebook Pages And Twitter Handles / How To Get Tons Of FREE Traffic To Your Website With Google Traffic Pump System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.