Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother (2177 Views)

Funny And Cute Wedding Vows / Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother by ajalaolanr(m): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2011
Dang
Re: Mother by Outstrip(f): 5:32am On Nov 28, 2011
This is horrible. The wife aborting a pregnancy and you painting a picture that makes me think that your story is very one sided. I don't know what can save this. I think this is just too deep and complicated for nairaland. Too intense. Why exactly is he still fighting for the marriage if she did all these horrible things and even aborted a pregnancy. SMH
Re: Mother by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Mother by ifyalways(f): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2011
Assuming half of what you typed here is the truth,what advise are you even looking for

The lady is soooo done with your friend,moved on and your friend is still jumping around.
It hurts but he's got to move on. . .already.
Re: Mother by yogun(f): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2011
true this is one side of the story, the other side, we will never get.

I feel the guy shld move on with his life. Some parents are over-protective though and one cant blame them as marriages is full of all sort
Re: Mother by ajalaolanr(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2011

Re: Mother In Law Vows To Destroy A Marriage Within A Year Of Wedding
« #1 on: Today at 05:32:00 AM »
This is horrible. The wife aborting a pregnancy and you painting a picture that makes me think that your story is very one sided. I don't know what can save this. I think this is just too deep and complicated for nairaland. Too intense. Why exactly is he still fighting for the marriage if she did all these horrible things and even aborted a pregnancy. SMH
Report to moderator Logged
chaircover (f)
www..net A2 ANCE Plaza, Magazine Road, Jericho Ibadan

« #2 on: Today at 07:08:21 AM »
A lot more to the story. No MIL no matter how wicked will abort her own grandchild for flimsy reasons if at all.

As for the money issues, it seems like the husband was spending money that he didn't have just to impress his British Bride and the girl and her family found out that a lot of other things were built on lies. I have seen this happen twice before and both couples divorced within 6 months of getting married.
Perfumes-Cosmetics-Shirts-Shoes&Bags-BridalGowns-Lingerie-Adult Toys etc
ifyalways (f)
Ahia azu fridge. . .

« #3 on: Today at 09:17:20 AM »
Assuming half of what you typed here is the truth,what advise are you even looking for

The lady is soooo done with your friend,moved on and your friend is still jumping around.
It hurts but he's got to move on. . .already.
~The only cure for love is to love more,I love my baby.~
yogun (f)

« #4 on: Today at 10:44:08 AM »
true this is one side of the story, the other side, we will never get.

I feel the guy shld move on with his life. Some parents are over-protective though and one cant blame them as marriages is full of all sort

well, as bad as it may seem, i have told the guy to move on, but truth be told, should there be a cogent reason for such acts of the mother, husband to the mother told the son in law that his wife was too fetish hence he divorced her, yes one sided it may seem, but i guess the values placed on marriage dese days are like litter, women are far from what our mothers of the 70's are, there is trouble in the coming generation and it has started with ours, life trully as we know it is speeding to a halt.
Re: Mother by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Mother by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 29, 2011
Na wa oh. Someone gives his story just advice instead of looking for hidden meaning and trying to blame d victim. Nigerians re fond of this, esp in cases of abuse. Anyway please advice ur friend to take heart its abvious mama in law calls d shots. Marriage is hard enuf when two new pple are learning to live and understand each other without the influence of his mother in law. I don't care what he may ve or have not done, d role of parents in marriage is to advice and hands off, its left for us to take or reject d advice. My Dad I remember only adviced me I took my decision, in dis case d mother in law determines and controls what happens and staying with her daughter will make his life hell. Tell ur friend to sign d divorce papers and move on, such is life, its good both mother and daughter have carried their issues and gone. Don't become d bitter man her father is, am sure he went tru worse

1 Like

Re: Mother by Viquez: 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
Check this out, web money secrets http://scut.ly/15j
Re: Mother by obowunmi(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2011
Life is too short. Your friend MUST move on. I agree with debrief08, He must get himself back on his feet and move on.
Re: Mother by ajalaolanr(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2012
debrief08: Na wa oh. Someone gives his story just advice instead of looking for hidden meaning and trying to blame d victim. Nigerians re fond of this, esp in cases of abuse. Anyway please advice ur friend to take heart its abvious mama in law calls d shots. Marriage is hard enuf when two new pple are learning to live and understand each other without the influence of his mother in law. I don't care what he may ve or have not done, d role of parents in marriage is to advice and hands off, its left for us to take or reject d advice. My Dad I remember only adviced me I took my decision, in dis case d mother in law determines and controls what happens and staying with her daughter will make his life hell. Tell ur friend to sign d divorce papers and move on, such is life, its good both mother and daughter have carried their issues and gone. Don't become d bitter man her father is, am sure he went tru worse

thanks a bunch for this candid advice, related same to him
Re: Mother by EfemenaXY: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2012
debrief08: Na wa oh. Someone gives his story just advice instead of looking for hidden meaning and trying to blame d victim. Nigerians re fond of this, esp in cases of abuse. Anyway please advice ur friend to take heart its abvious mama in law calls d shots. Marriage is hard enuf when two new pple are learning to live and understand each other without the influence of his mother in law. I don't care what he may ve or have not done, d role of parents in marriage is to advice and hands off, its left for us to take or reject d advice. My Dad I remember only adviced me I took my decision, in dis case d mother in law determines and controls what happens and staying with her daughter will make his life hell. Tell ur friend to sign d divorce papers and move on, such is life, its good both mother and daughter have carried their issues and gone. Don't become d bitter man her father is, am sure he went tru worse

Sometimes, it helps to hear both sides of the story in order to give a balanced piece of advice.

It's obvious from the tone of the story here that @poster expects us to all jump up and condem, curse, swear and blame the woman in question here.

@poster, based on what you've told us, there is nothing left holding your friend and his wife together. Ask your friend to move on and start afresh, with someone new. Life is too short to dwell on regrets.
Re: Mother by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2012
What the heck has all that to do with the Mother-in-law?? According to your story, the girl was not into the man from during the courtship. . . so what did your "PRINCIPLED" friend, who got a girl he was not married to yet Pregnant, WHINING about? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Tell your friend to get a divorce, and learn from this mistake. He needs to know he is not an innocent player in the whole. It is despicable that half of the people I also know who are divorced,some of them living in London, have the same exact story to tell of how they were dumped by the woman they chose to marry.

Nigerians/Africans too love drama wey no get head or tail.
Re: Mother by Airpure(f): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
Spat on her. Thats very intense n not normal u don't spit on some1 u claim to love. N guess he must ve said some very hurtfull stuffs too.This story is truly very one sided. you won't achieve anything in telling us this lie. Like CC said no MIL will abort her own blood.

(1) (Reply)

The SEYI EMMANUEL ADEBAYO Family Story......part2 / How Do I Get Justice For This Baby / Ishilove I nor go marry you again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.