Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. (4263 Views)

Obaship Crisis Rocks Yorubas In FCT / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by yicob(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2007
After going through some facts and figures, i discovered that the igbos speak better than the so called yorubas. what could have caused something like this? undecided
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by Pamperme: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2007
Since you went through so much stress to get the facts and figures, you should do research on the reason it is so too. wink
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by yicob(m): 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2007
asking you guys is the continuation of the research.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by grafikdon: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2007
Oh God! Here we go again? Do you people ever get tired of opening these ridiculous threads?
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by romeo(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2007
Are Yorubas English people? or even my Igbo people? foolish thread
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by iyaaje(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
romeo:

Are Yorubas English people? or even my Igbo people? foolish thread
dont mind the ignorant fool.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by replenish(f): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ topic

You must be a very jobless nonetity
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ow11(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2007
please post results of the polls
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by FufuKing1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2007
LMAO! What kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by English1(f): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2007
I haven't noticed any difference.

By the way, the use of 'so called' in the original post was incorrect, so if you are Igbo you aren't really proving your point very well.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by Owugal(f): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2007
I agree the question poser is a jobless nonentity and an ignorant fool. But he has a point. I mean the "so-called" Yorubas, not the actual Yorubas themselves can't speak as good English as The igbos. but then only in this nonentity's head do "so-called" Yorubas live. The actual Yorubas themselves speak good english. Standard English. Queens English or just plain Enlgish. If the Igbos speak better English than the British Prime minister Gordon Brown, then they speak Better English than the rest of the world. if not. who cares. its a useless comparison. as if it is proper english that will enable you to do serious bussiness in Oshodi. Crap[sub][/sub]
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ifyalways(f): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2007
Funny thread
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by davidif: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2009
After going through some facts and figures, i discovered that the igbos speak better than the so called yorubas. what could have caused something like this?

[size=28pt]LIAR!!!!![/size]

ONIRO OSI. What facts and figures?? show us the stats. Liar, liar. Nonsense.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by OgidiBoy(m): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2009
Oga daividf why must you go and dig up this thread from 2007 grin There are things that are better off  dead and forgotten cry
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by AndreUweh(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
I hereby thank the Yorubas and Ndigbo for their perfect understanding of the poster's ploy. Never again.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by IYANGBALI: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2009
another side effect of ASUU strike yawns and walks out
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by namun(f): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
rubbish
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by chic2pimp(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
NONSENSE THREAD.ANOUFIA. NA SO SO TRIBALISM FULL NL. DEM SUPPOSE DEY HANG ANYONE WEY START DIS KIND OF USELESS THREADS. BUNCHA MORONS,EWU ARA
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by blackspade(m): 4:28am On Sep 05, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by skyone(m): 8:55am On Sep 05, 2009
yicob:

After going through some facts and figures, i discovered that the igbos speak better than the so called yorubas. what could have caused something like this? undecided

It's a matter of madness from him undecided
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by AloyEmeka6: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
According to OP, igbos also have a flat head.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-319932.0.html
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by chic2pimp(m): 2:27am On Sep 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

According to OP, igbos also have a flat head.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-319932.0.html
Hehehehehe na true sha. The poster no get work sha. Him wan cause wahala for NL.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ladysex3: 6:08am On Sep 09, 2009
poster your 100% correct . E.g chic2pimp, Amebo 1, wale.star they are all yoruba guys.
just make out time and go through thier threads alot of grammatical errors, so Kwashiorkored, LMAO
@chic2pimp grammatical errors make you look so dumb. My advice to you is that, you continue ranting
in yoruba language i think you're better off with the language.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by chic2pimp(m): 6:55am On Sep 09, 2009
REH REH REH REH REH
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ladysex3: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2009
chic2pimp:

REH REH REH REH REH

Please! please! please! dont cum hereooo, cuz i know your sperm is infected.
i don't trust that sound coming from your mouth.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by chic2pimp(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2009
.ladysex:

Please! please! please! dont cum hereooo, cuz i know your sperm is infected.
i don't trust that sound coming from your mouth.
Awo ebi e lo n ba so ro. Were omo.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ladysex3: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2009

@poster you see what i was telling you before. chic2pimp can not make a complet correct sentence in english yet you claim to live in uk. All this cleaners and warehouse pickers in uk .
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by IYANGBALI: 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
.ladysex:

poster your 100% correct . E.g chic2pimp, Amebo 1, wale.star they are all yoruba guys.
just make out time and go through thier threads alot of grammatical errors, so
Kwashiorkored, LMAO
@chic2pimp grammatical errors make you look so dumb. My advice to you is that, you continue ranting
in yoruba language i think you're better off with the language.
ladysex you wey sabi english oyinbo dey pay you money abi dem take am give you visa abeg make we hear word english no be money pepper for naija na money dey talk tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by chic2pimp(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

ladysex you wey sabi english oyinbo dey pay you money abi dem take am give you visa abeg make we hear word english no be money pepper for naija na money dey talk tongue tongue tongue tongue
Don't mind the tool jare.
.ladysex:

@poster you see what i was telling you before. chic2pimp can not make a complet correct sentence in english yet you claim to live in uk. All this cleaners and warehouse pickers in uk .
Hey missy get off my case.
I see u derive some sought of sexual pleasure replying to my posts.Well then keep replying cuz i'll hate to deprive u of your regular dose of sexual grafitication.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ladysex1: 12:43am On Sep 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

Don't mind the tool jare. Hey missy get off my case.
I see u derive some sought of sexual pleasure replying to my posts.Well then keep replying cuz i'll hate to deprive u of your regular dose of sexual grafitication.

DID I HEAR YOU SCREAM MY NAME?
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by ladysex1: 12:58am On Sep 17, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

BY THERE USER NAME WE SHALL KNOW THEM.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PAYS ALOT DEAR AND I DONT NEED ANY VISA
CUZ AM ALREADY INTO THE SYSTEM, MONEY IS NOT MY PROBLEM AM MADE FOR LIFE.
I NO LONGER WANT TO BE RICH BECAUSE I AM RICH. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TOO MUCH MONEY.
Re: Igbos Speak Better English Than Yorubas. by taex(f): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
wow, NIGERIANS, we can fight over the most mundane topics, yeesh!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? / Spiritually Run A Check When Problems/challenges Are Staying Too Long.opinion. / The Greeks And The Romans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.