Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? (2610 Views)

Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / Salary - How Much Is Enough To Sustain An Average Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by purplekayc(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2011
angry angry N50,000??
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Whether na one Naira
Whether na One Million
Baby You got me grin
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by purplekayc(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
AjanleKoko: Whether na one Naira
Whether na One Million
Baby You got me grin
A million should be more than akay..
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
Million ko, billion ni tongue
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by purplekayc(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
AjanleKoko: Million ko, billion ni tongue

Billion? Every month?mmmm
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by thomasjohn: 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
no amount will ever be enough, the more u get the more you want
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by tanimola22: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
purplekayc: angry angry N50,000??

House rent (2-bedroom or 1 bedroom): 20K (max) on the mainland
Food: 10k
Transportation: 20K

Savings and Others: X, where X>>>0

So, you will need 50+X which is more than 50, since X must be a tangible amount of money to cover savings and other expenses.

I will peg an average salary at 93K/month.

Currency is Naira.

T22

1 Like

Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by nitrogen(m): 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
tanimola22:

So, you will need 50+X which is more than 50, since X must be a tangible amount of money to cover savings and other expenses.

Currency is Naira.

T22

Hmmmmmm!! It is good to be an (a senior) analyst. Always coming out with something interesting. (esp. the highlighted).

Btw, hope you are enjoying your (short) stay in naija? E maa gbadun.
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
tanimola22:

Currency is Naira.

T22

20k Accomodation a month? Where, Sango Ota?
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by tanimola22: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Lol, that is almost what my friend pays his landlord O. Around Lawanson area. Not too far away from Ijesha and not too far away from Ogunlana drive too. Although he has been living there for a number of years now sha.

You see, I told him that his rent is almost free. You just confirmed what I told him.

T22
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by tanimola22: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
nitrogen:
Hmmmmmm!! It is good to be an (a senior) analyst. Always coming out with something interesting. (esp. the highlighted).

Btw, hope you are enjoying your (short) stay in naija? E maa gbadun.

Hey Nitrogen,

Thanks, and yes I am enjoying myself. I was initially being caged though. But now, I can freely move around and enjoy myself.

Indeed, my holiday is short and will unfortunately be expiring in a few days from now.

Oh well, another will come.

T22
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
tanimola22:

Hey Nitrogen,

Thanks, and yes I am enjoying myself. I was initially being caged though. But now, I can freely move around and enjoy myself.

Indeed, my holiday is short and will unfortunately be expiring in a few days from now.

Oh well, another will come.

T22

So you dey Lagos. Hmm.
Would have not minded a meeting sha.
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by tanimola22: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko:

So you dey Lagos. Hmm.
Would have not minded a meeting sha.

Wow! This would have been a very good one. Sadly it came very late.

This offer shouldn’t pass in the near future O.

Thanks

T22
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
tanimola22:

Wow! This would have been a very good one. Sadly it came very late.

This offer shouldn’t pass in the near future O.

Thanks

T22

No be offer o. Just an invitation wink
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
thomasjohn: no amount will ever be enough, the more u get the more you want

end of
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by Shock(m): 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
tanimola22:

Currency is Naira.

T22

a few questions for your sugar kiss

and how did you arrive at 93 from your calculations?
why the exact figure?
why is x not 95 or 92 or 90?
does your calculation take into account prevailing inflation rates?
does your calculation take into account energy prices and the trend in consumer spending patterns?
does your calculation take into account the average productivity of labor?
how does your calculation differ from the current minimum wage and why, if any, is there such a dispersion?

Last but not the least, is your calculation completely useless? i.e, you could have just pulled out a random number from the start rather pulling than the dramatic scene of x + y

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by nitrogen(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
Shock:

why the exact figure?
does your calculation take into account energy prices and the trend in consumer spending patterns?
how does your calculation differ from the current minimum wage and why, if any, is there such a dispersion?

Last but not the least, is your calculation completely useless? i.e, you could have just pulled out a random number from the start rather pulling than the dramatic scene of x + y

Madam, fun all the way for T22.
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by oluseg2: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
AjanleKoko:

20k X 12=240k. This is still enough to rent a two bedroom flat in Iyana-Ipaja or Egbeda axis.
The problem most people have is that they tend to live above their mains.
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by violent(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
oluseg2:

20k X 12=240k. This is still enough to rent a two bedroom flat in Iyana-Ipaja or Egbeda axis.
The problem most people have is that they tend to live above their mains.

How is this even remotely possible? Won't they get electrocuted if they lived above their mains?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by nitrogen(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
violent:

How is this even remotely possible? Won't they get electrocuted if they lived above their mains?
Lol
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by AjanleKoko: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
violent:

They might be living in an area with underground cabling grin Maybe VGC wink

1 Like

Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by tanimola22: 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Shock:

why the exact figure?

Abi O.
Re: Whats The Average Income That Is Enough For An Average Nigerian Guy? by mcstan18(m): 4:52am On Jul 15, 2012
Hi T22, had I any premonition you were in the country, I'd have pulled some stunts to try seeing you(even if it meant paying a fee). In any case, I sent you a mail via your profile which you haven't replied yet(you may wish to check your registered NL mail). Should in case you don't find any, I beg to get a notification. My e-mail: mcstan_18@yahoo.co.uk.

I sure appreciate your anticipated response. God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Microsoft Excel In 8 Weeks On Whatsapp This November. Register / Please How Much Does Interswitch Pay / Boost Your Career In Digital Marketing - Get Google Certification In One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.