Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:44 PM

Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman (1499 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by taskgirl: 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
For ages people were taught and thought that Jesus was poor. But this is wrong.
In Second Corinthians 8:9, the Bible clearly tells us that Jesus was RICH! I quote: “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though HE WAS RICH ….”
The only time Jesus became poor was when the soldiers arrested him and took His things.
There are things that reveal that Jesus was rich.
One, He had an accountant, or treasurer, named Judas Iscariot. John 12:3-6 reveals this: “Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and HAD THE BAG, and bare what was put therein.” No poor man will need an accountant or a treasurer!
Two, Jesus employed eighty-two men (the twelve apostles Luke 9, plus the seventy – Luke 10). No poor man can employ eighty-two men and support their families!
Three, we know that Jesus was rich because he had financial partners. Luke 8: reveals this: “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, WHICH MINISTERED TO UNTO HIM OUT OF THEIR SUBSTANCE” (Luke 8:2-3). You can’t have financial partners and be poor.
Four, we know that Jesus was rich, because of the quality of financial partners He had. For example, one of them, her husband was working with the governor! “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza HEROD’S steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him out of their substance.”
Five, we know that Jesus was rich because His financial supporters did not only involve people of timber and calibre, but also they were MANY! “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s steward, and Susanna, AND MANY OTHERS, which ministered unto him out of their substance” (Luke 8:2-3).
Six, we know that Jesus was rich because, contrary to what many think, Jesus had a house! “And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day …” John 3:37-39.
Seven, we know that Jesus was rich because of the kind of clothes He wore! He wore “designers”! “Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout” (John 19:23).
Anybody that hates the fact that Jesus was rich is an enemy of Jesus! For, only your enemy sees you rich and wishes you poverty!
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Thelstan(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
Let's assume for a moment that the argument is correct and Jesus was rich.

Did he acquire his riches via collection of tithes? Did he ask anybody to give things to him? Did he mandate the amounts that were to be "sown" into his life and ministry? Was he rich at the expense of those who were his close companions?

Abeg jare.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by HISchild: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
Fair to say someone who had material wealth would buy him or herself a house to live in right??

"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." - Matt 8:19-20

Don't be deceived! If one has been blessed with honest wealth, it is a blessing from GOD. (Deut 8:18). However, The Lord JESUS CHRIST spoke against emphasis on material wealth, because wealth can be a snare. "Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." - Prov 30:8-9

The wealth in view that matters is spiritual wealth, that is, salvation from the righteous wrath of GOD for sin through our Lord JESUS CHRIST. With what can one compare GOD's pardon and salvation and love?

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible" - Mark 10:25-27

therefore,

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." - Matt 6:19-24

-----
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness." - 1 Tim 6:6-11

"[b]And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.[/b]" - Luke 12:16-31
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Revolva(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
Dr Sign Fireman is a con artist

Just take it from me, all na Washing
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Watkind: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thelstan:

Let's assume for a moment that the argument is correct and Jesus was rich.

Did he acquire his riches via collection of tithes? Did he ask anybody to give things to him? Did he mandate the amounts that were to be "sown" into his life and ministry? Was he rich at the expense of those who were his close companions?

Abeg jare.

Now, who told you the tithes paid is what is used by the man of God!

Or the seeds sown?

People are not coerced into doing any thing, they find out for themselves that to get GOD to move financially (because He is not going to come down from above to give you money instead He will send someone or an opportunity your way) you need to sow a seed to move Him. And when you do, HE moves in an unexpected way!

For tithes,

Mal 3:10 ---- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Giving things,

Your tithe depends on what you do! If you are a farmer, your tithe will be 1/10 of your harvest! If you deal with cash or anything else, its still 1/10 of anything! And it is a mandate by GOD if you must keep getting.

Mal 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Amount Mandated to be sown,

Christians are immature thats why we suffer and keep doing the same things for ages and get the same results and its like GOD does not answer prayers. For any other ministry, you are told to sow and you will reap but they cant guarantee you when or how your harvest will come. So they end up using your life as a guinea pig -- specimen A. But if you keep trying, you will keep erring.

But for a prophetic / apostolic commission as this (Dr Sign Fireman), we practice christianity by precision! Bringing the same results in the bible to physical manifestation. Though incredible, yet tangible! So we know what you can sow, and can also tell you when or how you will reap it. Never before seen but very much real!

Ge 27:4-5 ---- And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.

Rich at the expenses of close companions,

thats not true, it is a big lie. Everyone around Him have like testimonies. Some of them are car owners, landlords, and own business empires. Its the same grace and has to flow down to real followers (children)! If you doubt, come check for yourself.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by taskgirl: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2011
Revolva:

Dr Sign Fireman is a con artist

Just take it from me, all na Washing

And this is coming from someone that has different brands of alchoholic drinks as his profile picture. Please, go to bed!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Revolva(m): 3:54am On Nov 29, 2011
@TASKGIRL
Dont think you saw frinks on my rofile shows that i am drunk, its just an art, ok

sign fire man is a co manwho cares, you think i am brain washed person like you

All this prosperity magic pastor are just using people that all
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by ogajim(m): 4:37am On Nov 29, 2011
I won't be surprised when they come up with "dr. fireman graduated magna cum-laude from UI at the age of 10"

I see dude has opened NL "offices" like CEC folks, Nigerians worshiping a yellow maniac. lol
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by toluxa1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
taskgirl:

In Second Corinthians 8:9, the Bible clearly tells us that Jesus was RICH! I quote: “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though HE WAS RICH ….”
The only time Jesus became poor was when the soldiers arrested him and took His things.
One, He had an accountant, or treasurer, named Judas Iscariot. John 12:3-6 reveals this: “Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and HAD THE BAG, and bare what was put therein.” No poor man will need an accountant or a treasurer!
Two, Jesus employed eighty-two men (the twelve apostles Luke 9, plus the seventy – Luke 10). No poor man can employ eighty-two men and support their families!
Three, we know that Jesus was rich because he had financial partners. Luke 8: reveals this: “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, WHICH MINISTERED TO UNTO HIM OUT OF THEIR SUBSTANCE” (Luke 8:2-3). You can’t have financial partners and be poor.
Four, we know that Jesus was rich, because of the quality of financial partners He had. For example, one of them, her husband was working with the governor! “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza HEROD’S steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him out of their substance.”
Five, we know that Jesus was rich because His financial supporters did not only involve people of timber and calibre, but also they were MANY! “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s steward, and Susanna, AND MANY OTHERS, which ministered unto him out of their substance” (Luke 8:2-3).
Six, we know that Jesus was rich because, contrary to what many think, Jesus had a house! “And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day …” John 3:37-39.
Seven, we know that Jesus was rich because of the kind of clothes He wore! He wore “designers”! “Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout” (John 19:23).
Anybody that hates the fact that Jesus was rich is an enemy of Jesus! For, only your enemy sees you rich and wishes you poverty!

shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is the sickest thing I have read this year. This bros must be jazzing his members big time.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by martinosi: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2011
taskgirl:

And this is coming from someone that has different brands of alchoholic drinks as his profile picture. Please, go to bed!!!!!!!!!!

hmm
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by vinmol: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2011
taskgirl:

this is blasphemy!!!!

HISchild:

Fair to say someone who had material wealth would buy him or herself a house to live in right??

"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." - Matt 8:19-20

Don't be deceived! If one has been blessed with honest wealth, it is a blessing from GOD. (Deut 8:18). However, The Lord JESUS CHRIST spoke against emphasis on material wealth, because wealth can be a snare. "Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." - Prov 30:8-9

The wealth in view that matters is spiritual wealth, that is, salvation from the righteous wrath of GOD for sin through our Lord JESUS CHRIST. With what can one compare GOD's pardon and salvation and love?

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible" - Mark 10:25-27

therefore,

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." - Matt 6:19-24

-----
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness." - 1 Tim 6:6-11

"[b]And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.[/b]" - Luke 12:16-31

God bless you sir! u r one of the few that read with the guide of the holy spirit.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by MrFixit3: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2011
All those defending this rogues called MOG need their brains examined.

As to tithes, why is it all about money. As Xtians we are Priests, royals and prophets, so therefore we are not bound by Mosaic laws about tithes. Rather our giving should be according to our ability with joyful hearts. In fact according to Mosaic law, tithes should be used for DRINKING STRONG DRINKS (BEER - Good News Bible.)

"Tithes
22 "You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23And before the LORD your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always. 24And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the LORD your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the LORD your God chooses, to set his name there, 25then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the LORD your God chooses 26and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

28 "At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do."

Good NewsTranslation
The Law of the Tithe
22 Set aside a tithe—a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.23 Then go to the one place where the Lord your God has chosen to be worshiped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your grain, wine, and olive oil, and the first-born of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honor the Lord your God always.24 If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this:25 Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship.26 Spend it on whatever you want—beef, lamb, wine, beer—and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

27 Do not neglect the Levites who live in your towns; they have no property of their own.28 At the end of every third year bring the tithe of all your crops and store it in your towns.29 This food is for the Levites, since they own no property, and for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. They are to come and get all they need. Do this, and the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do."

How come the pastors and MOGS never use these to verses here to collect TITHES?
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by ogorluv(m): 3:01pm On May 31, 2012
Mr_Fix_it: All those defending this rogues called MOG need their brains examined.

As to tithes, why is it all about money. As Xtians we are Priests, royals and prophets, so therefore we are not bound by Mosaic laws about tithes. Rather our giving should be according to our ability with joyful hearts. In fact according to Mosaic law, tithes should be used for DRINKING STRONG DRINKS (BEER - Good News Bible.)

"Tithes
22 "You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23And before the LORD your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always. 24And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the LORD your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the LORD your God chooses, to set his name there, 25then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the LORD your God chooses 26and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27And you shall not neglect the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

28 "At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do."

Good NewsTranslation
The Law of the Tithe
22 Set aside a tithe—a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.23 Then go to the one place where the Lord your God has chosen to be worshiped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your grain, wine, and olive oil, and the first-born of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honor the Lord your God always.24 If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this:25 Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship.26 Spend it on whatever you want—beef, lamb, wine, beer—and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

27 Do not neglect the Levites who live in your towns; they have no property of their own.28 At the end of every third year bring the tithe of all your crops and store it in your towns.29 This food is for the Levites, since they own no property, and for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. They are to come and get all they need. Do this, and the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do."

How come the pastors and MOGS never use these to verses here to collect TITHES?

On point bro'.

I actually read that passage about 7 years ago and was shocked.

No pastor will quote that one.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Goshen360(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
The bible is not understood because men do not study it. Many are biblically illiterate till this day of knowledge. To study with understanding is to rightly divide the word of truth. The only thing that sells in the body of Christ is MoGs capitalizing on the ignorance of the people, this is what sells. The word of God declares, if the Spirit that raise Jesus dwells in your mortal body, the Spirit that raised up Jesus shall QUICKEN your mortal body. It amazes me when Christians say they have the Holy Spirit but still cannot see beyond their nose neither does their mind/brain function well. You can't have the Holy Ghost and be DULL, It's not possible because it says the Holy Ghost will QUICKEN your mortal body.

Now to the main thread,

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that you through [size=15pt]his poverty[/size] might be rich. 2 Cor. 8:9 Kjv

This scriptures clearly states that Jesus was rich BUT for our sake he became poor. I put it this way, let's say I have $10m and for the sake of God's people, I give all the $10m to them, do I still have anything or can I still say am rich? Certainly not because I have sacrificed my riches for God's people so I can make God's people rich and I myself now poor.

If Jesus was rich, why would he also tell the rich young man to go sell his possession and follow him? If Jesus was rich, why would he teach not to lay up treasures for ourselves on earth? If Jesus was rich, why don't he take from the riches to pay taxes but told Peter to go get money from the mouth of the fish? If Jesus was rich, then we Christians should be poor according to 2 Cor 8:9 because if Jesus was rich, then that scripture will read thus:

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was [size=15pt]poor[/size], yet for your sakes he became rich, that you through his riches might be poor.

BUT BECAUSE HE WAS RICH AND BECAME POOR (FOR OUR SAKE), THAT IS WHY WE ARE RICH. Hence the scripture is right to saying he became poor so that me, through is poverty might be rich, reading thus:

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that you through his poverty(not through his riches because he already gave up his riches for our sake) might be rich.

And this teachings of Jesus was rich because he had an accountant or a treasurer is false teachings. Jesus ministered and people gave him gifts. The purpose of treasurer is simply to keep account of the gifts that was given to them so that Jesus will be fully concentrated on the ministry.
Re: Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 31, 2012
This is certainly another jesus

(1) (Reply)

How Modern Pastors Confuse Church People With Old And New Testament Of The Bible / 'HEAD COVERING' IN 1 CORINTHIANS CHPT 11 IS SYMBOLIC NOT LITERAL / America Celebrates Apostle Dr. T.O. Obadare Live! Join The Service Now LIVE..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.