Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 PM

Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? (8830 Views)

Groom Puts Head In Wife's Wedding Gown At Wedding Venue(photos) / Lady Masturbates With Cucumber, Puts It In Fridge, Dad Eats It (Screenshot) / Ladies & Guys List 5 Of Your Most Romantic Songs That Puts You In The Mood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by mrwils(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
What attracts a man to a woman differs individually. Likewise, what puts people off in a relationship off differs as well. we went to town to ask people what puts them off in a relationship. Below are their responses.

Leonard Junior
What turns me off in a relationship is when the lady is too forward. Secondly, if she doesn’t talk politely and lacks respect for people including me, I could get angry and call off the relationship.

Onwudiwe Gerald
When God created Man, He later realised that Man needs a companion that would kill his loneliness. Relationship in a nutshell is companionship. However, good relationship is hard to get these days. A situation where my girlfriend is putting unnecessary pressure on me gives me reason for doubt.
Women love money, that is why I have been praying to God to give me enough money that will sustain my relationship. Women are easily influenced these days. And I wouldn’t tolerate my woman flirting around. If I discover such, the relationship is over.

However, I do not believe it is easy to put off a long standing relationship, because to err is human and to forgive is divine. If God can forgive us our transpasses, who are I not to forgive her? But she has to show true repeatance to maintain my love.

Shina Asaruwa
The major thing that breaks up a relationship is money. It is bad when you discover that the woman you are dating is more interested in your money than loving you passionately. And when she gives flimsy excuses for her absence when you need her, it is obvious that another man is in her life. Moreso, when she denies you sex after providing everything for her, you don’t need a seer to tell you that she does not love you sincerely. If I discover this in a relationship, I will quit immediately.

Joy Chidiobi
Bad habit can break up a relationship. For instance, if a guy has one bad attitude that does not go well with me and he doesn’t want to stop it, there is every tendency that I would break up with him. Another thing that would make me quit a relationship is if my friend does not have an enduring heart towards me especially, when I am passing through a difficult time.

Mukaila Areganjoye
These days, women love money more than anything and they keep on demanding which shows that they love your money more than you the giver and any relationship that is built on money has nothing to show off.
Relationship breaks up if one of the partners is stealing from the other.

Shino Ola
A relationship breaks up when the man has no money to maintain his woman. I say this because, these days, no woman wants to suffer and it is only the money that can keep her away from dating other men. A relationship for me, should end when one partner begins to sleep around.

Rasaq Taiwo
Keeping a friend that one doesn’t really love can make the relationship last for a while. Money on its own, can terminate a relationship. In a situation where a man does not have money to maintain her girl, the girl would hardly be failthful.

Simiat Adeola
Having a partner who does not remove his eyes from other girls can shake the trust I have for him and if care is not taken, it can end the relationship.
Again, I can end a relationship if I discover that my guy does not love me.

Idris Aina
I am not the type that gets pissed off easily but I can easily turn my back at any lady that is full of deceit, lies and one that is unfaithful. There is nothing in this world that will make me accept her afterwards.

Nwauba Chigozie
Let’s look at it from the angle that I am not perfect but she has to be real, considerate and respectful. That way I can be the best of me.

Michael Nwadibe
So many things put me off in a relationship, dishonesty tops the list. Most couples take lie as a normal thing these days. When your wife is in Abuja, she will tell you that she is in Lagos.

Anne Chris
I wouldn’t know what puts people off in a relationship because I have not been in any and I don’t intend going into one either.

Awolusi Adedayo
I get pissed off when I discover that he is not giving me adequate attention and that he gives other ladies the attention I need.

Theodora Mene
When a guy is being unfaithful and tells lot of lies, I will feel uneasy with him. I prefer my guy to be truthful. Let his yes be yes and his no, no.

Thomas Ajayi
I can take lies from a guy. I believe they are super liars and it conforms to their nature but when a lady lies to me, I feel betrayed because, I see them as special species that don’t lie. So, when I am in a relationship and the lady is being unfaithful and lies so much, that definitely will put me off.

Owolabi Fatima
To me what can put me off in a relationship is insincerity of a guy,when he is telling lie,when you can’t trust your partner,we can’t call that a relationship, to me is very bad and it gives me headache and when I catch my lover lying here and there, and I can’t do anything good with that type of person, the fact is to let him go even if I truly love him to say goodbye

Anumba Vivian
What puts me off in a relationship is when my partner is promiscuity. Character really puts me off.

Emmanuel
What puts me off in a relationship is attitude. If my partner has attitude problem, I will just let go.

Nwachukwu Linus
What puts me off in a relationship is little or no sex, unfaithfulness, lies and disrespect. Once I notice all this and I can’t correct her, I will just withdraw from her.

Tunde Olagunju
If my girl nags and feels insecure with me, I can quit my relationship with her.

Wale Fasasi
Pretence really puts me off in a relationship.

Bunmi Akinmulero
Lies puts me off in a relationship because there is this belief that someone who lies has the tendency to steal. So, I will not like to associate myself with such a person.

Princess
If my man has ego and lies a lot, it can really put me off.

Collete Thomas

What puts me off in a relationship is poor communication, weak sex and lies. It is better I remain single than be in a relationship with such a man.

Ayo imole
When my woman lies and cheats on me, it puts me off because any time I see her around me, I will be irritated.

Tolu shotade
What puts me in a relationship is no Mouth Action from my woman

Ogechukwu osondu
What puts me off in a relationship is lies and unfaithfulness.

Bashpac lammy
What puts me off in a relationship is lack of policy.

Micheal kalu
What puts me off in a relationship is simply lies.

Emeka Aningo
What puts me off in a relationship is inconsistency.

Din Edoka
What puts me off in a relationship is when my partner doesn’t show concern or give me attention. Of course, it can be very painful.

Pruberry
I hate it when my partner is very secretive. It really puts me off in a relationship.

Atobatele Oni
What puts me off in a relationship is having a partner that doesn’t understand my type of person. I am a very social person and if my partner cannot understand that, then, I will leave him.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by claremont(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
mrwils:

Onwudiwe Gerald
[size=14pt]When God created Man. . .[/size]
Immediately I read the above-highlighted, I was put off by your post!
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
Na project the OP dey write? See as the nonsense long like Micheal Jackson nose
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Goldieluks: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
Mynd_44:

Na project the OP dey write? See as the nonsense long like Micheal Jackson nose

my eyes nearly fall off! see long essay
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
I opened the thread, then pressed control+end grin grin grin
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by iyatrustee(f): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2011
Can't believe d poster included my name up dier! embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by slimyem: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2011
iyatrustee:

Can't believe d poster included my name up dier! embarassed embarassed undecided
m guessing you are the Owolabi Fatima or the joy chidiobi,
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Yorisb: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2011
claremont:

Immediately I read the above-highlighted, I was put off by your post!
angry

Flashaldrin:

I opened the thread, then pressed control+end grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by iyatrustee(f): 7:21am On Nov 29, 2011
@ slimyem, hell no! What unromantic names are dose? Na me be pruberry. angry angry
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Hardunnii(f): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2011
Cudnt read everytin, but i will say infidelity, pride, deceit n so on
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by bekay911(f): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2011
Dishonesty n lack of respect for someone n der feeling
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Eiregirl(f): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
Dishonesty has to be the main thing.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by iice(f): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
I'm allergic to ugly feet and hands grin
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by GWslim(f): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
lazines
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by bigdoo: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
Dishonesty and telling lies about themselves and previous relationshp(s) before the marriage took place and only for the other partner to find out the true person they married after a long time. Also disrespect for the other partner and backbiting, backstabbing and blackmailling the other partner.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Eiregirl(f): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
bigdoo:

Dishonesty and telling lies about themselves and previous relationshp(s) before the marriage took place and only for the other partner to find out the true person they married after a long time. Also disrespect for the other partner and backbiting, backstabbing and blackmailling the other partner.

So true!
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by babaowo: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
@op u no get work nii Lol
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by nkirubb: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
Dishonesty
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Agybabe(f): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
Puts M̶̲̅ε̲̣ off, when the other party starts comparing, is not understanding, caring and loving. A lot to mention sha
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by HyeBits: 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Honesty and Sincerity.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by mokola1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
There seem to be a theme running through the interviews-MONEY. What is it with Nigerians and money? Oh yes i remember- POVERTY!
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by MissyB3(f): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
-Nonchanlance/ I-don't-care-ism. It's either we both put in equal effort to make it work or you go your way.
- Whatever you, just don't make me - even- have the feeling of being fooled/taken advantage of.

I could tolerate anything else, but these two are the reasons I'd drop your a$$ like it's hot, even w/out contemplating it.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by islamrules(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Why is everything centered on money ?
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Rashluv: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
A guy dat is unfaithful and lies turn me off!
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Leysco(m): 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
I dislike women that covet so much after material things and money. They are never contented with what they have. If they see anything in your hand, they would want to collect it. "Give me this, buy me that". I DON'T GIVE TO A WOMAN IF SHE DEMANDED FOR IT WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. Allow me use my initiative and discretion.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by lindabon: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
a nagging, over controlling guy pisses the hell outta me.  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by mokola1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
@iyatrustee- i wonder which of the interview was yours? Do tell me. wink  grin
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
Fatness can also irritate guys too.
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by kelz88(f): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
When they change and become the opposite of what I fell for. cry
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by HighChief4(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2011
bigdoo:

+1
I hate lies and dishonesty
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by bland: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
[/quote]Posted by: iice
Insert Quote
I'm allergic to ugly feet and hands [quote]

Funny and so OCD
Re: Opinions: What Puts You Off In A Relationship? by tree0flife(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
Relationships are meant to be built. And building takes effort. If you are put off by some attitude in one, u'll definitely be pissed off in the next.  No one's perfect. Just go for someone u really love; someone who's eccentricity u can pardon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things A Lady Shouldn’t Do In The Presence Of A Man / Pls Where Is This Man's Peniss Ooo? What Happened To It? All in the name of 6pac / happy birthday to me [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.