Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

How Easy Is Web Designing? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Easy Is Web Designing? (5195 Views)

What Is Web Hosting? / Bespoke Digital Media, Is Web Development Company? / How Easy Is It To Integrate Guaranty Trust Bank, Webpay With CSS & MySQL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Easy Is Web Designing? by TEKUTE: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
pls my fellow nairalanders who are good at web design your advice is highly valued. Am a novice in these field but i want to learn how to design web pages, i have been trying to learn on my own but am seeing so many web designing tools that i totally got confused on which one to use.
please can sm1 help me:

1. On the best simple web designing tool that is not too complicated for a beginner that is learning on his own. kompozer anybody knows abt it?
2. Can one make a living from designing web?
3. How can i identify the Market or clients to design web for.
4. I will appreciate it if you can help me with resources to facilitate my learning
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Patiti63: 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2011
Web Designing is quite easy. You just need a passion and a heart for it if you are keen on it. Am was once in your shoes but today the story is different. About resources, just be prepared you just have to read if you are a novice and a newbie, no choice about that, but stay focused.

Thanks

Patrick
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by joomlaman(m): 6:27am On Dec 01, 2011
My short advice is; Never try to learn web programming if you are not yet mature in web designing! Many star confuse these two thing (web programming and web designing).

Above is what I call the wrong approach, follow the right approach thus;
1) Start learning WYSIWYG editors such as: Komposer (Download here: http://kompozer.net/) or SiteSpinner (Download here: http://www.virtualmechanics.com/)
2) Start learning Mark up languages/code such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JS, etc See http://www.w3schools.com/
3) Learn CMS such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupla etc

This is my personal suggestion based on my experience. I hope it works for you!

Warm Regards
Tel: 08039508010
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by TEKUTE: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
@pati thanks alot, @joomlaman your advice is very clear, thanks for the links. i still have bothering issue with question 2,3 pls i stil need your clarification on it
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Meanwhile, you can enroll in my website development classes - it is free and it has started today - http://www.classes..net/
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by joomlaman(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2011
TEKUTE:

@pati thanks alot, @joomlaman your advice is very clear, thanks for the links. i still have bothering issue with question 2,3 pls i stil need your clarification on it

Perfect your skill to at least 85% before you think about step 2, and 3. It is as simple as that!
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by j4sure(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hi,Web designing is such neither 2 simple nor to had to learn .All u need is to be creative and perfect your Skill on any of the web editor.
I wasonce in ur shoe but now av actuall step upand i av a video Cd that solves all the questions u ask.

just give me a call on 07038641600
www.theafricanhost.com
www.theafricansms.com

if u are chance attend our free web designing seminar 2moro by 10am.[b][/b]
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by j4sure(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hi,Web designing is  neither 2 simple nor too had to learn .All u need is to be creative and perfect your Skill on any of the web editor.
I was once in ur shoe but now av actual step up and i av a video Cd that solves all the questions u ask.

just give me a call on 07038641600
www.theafricanhost.com
www.theafricansms.com

if u are chance attend our free web designing seminar 2moro by 10am.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by myhelper: 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
There are different ways to learn web design. The easy way and the smart way.
We currently hold one-on-one training for anyone who wants to learn how to design any type of website from simple website to complex websites like facebook, etc without any programming experience.

Call 08098929298 for more information. You can as well get a step-by-step video tutorial here http://browsedotcom.com/video.html
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by ncpat(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
TEKUTE:

pls my fellow nairalanders who are good at web design your advice is highly valued. Am a novice in these field but i want to learn how to design web pages, i have been trying to learn on my own but am seeing so many web designing tools that i totally got confused on which one to use.
please can sm1 help me:

1. On the best simple web designing tool that is not too complicated for a beginner that is learning on his own. kompozer anybody knows abt it?
4. I will appreciate it if you can help me with resources to facilitate my learning

i have already cover the basis you need to know from scratch in designing a website using NOTEPAD in windows operating system in this forum before as this will introduce you to the basic of html tag, here is the link to the tutorial

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=17942.msg517989#msg517989

you can call me on 08065942445 for more info
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by humblebee: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
if you want to be a professional, then i'll advice you enroll for a web design course else if you just want to have an idea and probably make a few website, then i suggest you try webmatrix by microsoft. its a free web design tool you can use to design your website with pre-defined layouts that doesnt look bad + you can pulish directly from there having registered your domain name and also hosting it. best of luck!!!

www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
ncpat:

i have already cover the basis you need to know from [b]scratch in designing a website using NOTEPAD [/b]in windows operating system in this forum before as this will introduce you to the basic of html tag, here is the link to the tutorial

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=17942.msg517989#msg517989

you can call me on 08065942445 for more info

grin grin grin you just love to torture people don't you
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Dondav(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
Cool stufff!
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by ONWARDBABA: 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
dis are gud response but let me know if u are new into programming wth shd u strat first
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by TEKUTE: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
starting with macromedia dreamweaver to learn web design, is it bad? am thinking is the best to start with
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Sprumbaba: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2011
Sure. it is not bad. I still use dreamwearver to build just templates.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Kayen: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
TEKUTE:

please can sm1 help me:

Her is a step- by- step ebook to kompozer and a link to solve Question 1 & 2.
CALL 08029311451
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by iGuru1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
start with w3schools html tutorial, and also adobe dreamweaver.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by cexplorer(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
I paid 10k to a web designer who taught me webdesigning using frontpage, office publisher and basics of dreamweaver. But he didn't tell me about php and other programing languages.

I designed my website www.gracefem.com but the contact me form is not working.

I beg to be told what I should do to integrate webform into the site.

Thanks.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by nigboy(m): 3:26am On Dec 04, 2011
Web design in very easy. You have to have the passion for you to be a developer/designer
The problem is that most Nigeria Webdesign ers do not have passion

I collect as low as 10k to design simple sites for my friends

see http://websitedesignnigeria.tribarn.com/
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by ushafe(m): 5:37am On Dec 04, 2011
Good to know
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by TEKUTE: 6:57am On Dec 04, 2011
so the basic of web design is to understand html before advancing to any other designing software?
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2011
You can all these html and stuffs from http://www.classrooms..net/
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Therages: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2011
Use NOTEPAD++ it wit syntax highlighting capability. Note: not notepad o. I mean NOTEPAD++ . Start typing with hands avoid copy and paste for now.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by Therages: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2011
@dhtml, your website looks unecessarily complex. Poor navigation provision. Except i'd d one not able to find one. I tink you should put links of the available tuts at the bottom of each page for easy switching to another tuts, mayb the major ones. Just a suggestion. And if u go employ me 4 js/tuts, i'm at ur service.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by greenmouse(m): 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
Contact the webmaster. we will be at your service, turn you to a professional web designer in few weeks.
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by heebakutty: 11:39am On Dec 06, 2011
I dont know about designing since im not aware of Software languages, i got my website designed from XnYnZ and the service provided by them is both reliable and affordable,
Re: How Easy Is Web Designing? by madelinekim(m): 6:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Web designing is the process of building website's structure or layout effective. Web designing is not an easy task for anyone if you know something about designing process,software etc. But yes,if you are interested to learn designing then you should learn from online tutorial which provides the best knowledge regarding the designing,so you can easily learn and can start designing at your own.

(1) (Reply)

Need Nigerians Email Address / 5 Ways To Drive Traffic To Your New Blog / Mark Zuckerberg Walking Without Bodyguard Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.