Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here (3479 Views)

10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers / My Alexa Ranking Is Now 182 Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2011
I never used to take seo implementation seriously because i dont have much on my site, but as i started adding more features to my website, i started following the tips of the many seo guys here and elsewhere.
I have not been too detailed really, just take a tip here, a hint there, and my alexa rankings which used to be about 5 million or so in the past 1 month has now jumped to  Alexa Traffic Rank: 623,669   Traffic Rank in NG: 1,578 as of this morning, and my google analytics show increase of 820.34%

As at January 01, 2012 - i am on 198 NG

Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2011
Anyways, more developers should please signup on the developers directory. I am setting up a free min web jobs portal next - and i will want you guys to be a part of it.
The classrooms are still open - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-812667.0.html
The webmaster tools - http://www.tools..net

And others. The site is just booting up after a long period of dormancy - and i dey pay rent for the site.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by mbanusick(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2011
Alexa dont really matter, but good news all the same
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
^^^It does matter - because it uses google analytics as part of the tool. And my google analytics show an increase of +820.34%
and the internal traffick indicators indicate that the google and alexa indicators are correct.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2011
Right now = Alexa Traffic Rank 544,170 NG Rank 1,237
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by celebgist(f): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
can u enlighten us on the SEO
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
Me keh? I am olodo for seo jare.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Drlumi: 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
I took a site from an Alexa rank of over 16 million to less than 60, 000 within 4 months. So, I guess that makes me a pro on the topic smiley
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2011
That is okay, this one has moved from over 7 million to 513,076 in 1 month of so. I wonder where it will be in 3 more months to come.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Drlumi: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
Actually, the real work comes when you are in the 100000 range. At that point, it becomes difficult to move as most websites in that circle "mean business".

It seems that Alexa ranking depends more on off- page SEO than on-page. The report being given by other sites about yours (through backlinks) matters a lot. If many sources point to your site, it has a higher chance of ranking fast.

But the truth is that ultimately, having a website that is useful to people is what counts. While it helps to optimize for rankings, sometimes the temptation to rank higher can transform one into a spammer and a nuisance. Amusingly, on the long run, the useful sites rank best.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
That is just it. That is why i did not really start shouting so loudly yet. My site is not complete yet - i know it has lots of things, but the main kokolicious things i want to put there is not yet ready.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by goldenval(m): 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
Bros, I guess your site is doing pretty well but you don't have to depend on alexa's thing because it might fail you. Just focus on bringing visitors to your site. Like my own site was launched on the 13th of Nov and I had about 12million alexa rank then but as of today, my current ranking is around 260k which means is not upto a month yet and am having less than 110 visitors everyday, you can check it out and see for yourself www.JustRetweet.com

Thanks
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^Did i mention that my site is not yet complete yet? I am bring in visitors, and since the site has several usefulness, the visitors themselves are bringing in yet more visitors. And more are still on their way as the classes are kicking off too. Thank you.

And i am not spamming anybody or doing any blackhat thinggy. . .
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
Your site is nice, i love it.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by goldenval(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thanks bros, I didn't know that your site is still unfinished but it is doing well and keep doing your best!, My site will be one month old comes Dec 13th and all my visitors were mostly from USA because am a blogger.

Thanks
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^Yeah alexa told me that. Well, my site's core functionalities are completed. Just some minor finishing touches here and there. The site used to be just for my portfolio before and not useful to other developers per se, i just did the transformation rapidly over the past 1 month. That is why i dont have a lot of contents yet - but i will over time, and i have been speedily addressing this also.

That is why my traffick is increasing daily.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by celebgist(f): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
hmnnnn, guyzzzzzz, enlighten 'us' on seo na! or even the ones u used! haba!
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
If you want to hear the tips i use - you can contact me via email - my email is on my site.

Right now: Alexa Traffic Rank: 475,186 Traffic Rank in NG: 1,010
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by databoy247(m): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
To get a high ranking, give people quality content, broadcast your content via sharing on social media and make your site user friendly. Dont forget to leave comments on other blogs. You can now publish your news, articles and events (with links to ur site) in divilla.org with our new do-it-yourself feature and get increased traffic. @dhtml, nice job.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by databoy247(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
NG ranking for divilla.org two weeks ago was 1,800 but today its 972. Once i implement my new strategy its gonna be in first 50. @dhtml, catch me if you can,
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
This has now turned to game now eh? Catch me if you can game. I have so many other strategies to implement too. Let me just finish my NSE API - one of my strategies and i know it will give me a boost, then i start the next strategy with immediate effect.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by celebgist(f): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
k, guyz
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by databoy247(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
NSE API? Now thats cheating. Anyways, you asked for it. I guess i have to speedy up my Guest Author Program. That should tourbo me in one week. U are underestimating my publish-it-yourself pilot. grin
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^Cheating eh? You too are cheaping using all those ADs. I have polished the API very well, it is working very very well, i am still testing it out properly before i start blasting it.
The API was not meant to come out now, but since you and omnipotens are running ahead, i need to overtake you too before this year runs out. Next I am going to import Xmas Turkeys to my website - and hand them over free to site visitors.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
databoy247:

NSE API? Now thats cheating. Anyways, you asked for it. I guess i have to speedy up my Guest Author Program. That should tourbo me in one week. U are underestimating my publish-it-yourself pilot. grin
Hope you are expecting the spam bots eh? And some bad-belle hackers.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by databoy247(m): 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by ilovegames: 2:39am On Dec 03, 2011
Humm,

Not so bad but i think Alexa ranking can Easily be exploit
if you know how .

just checked the PR and it's 0

Anyway all the best, if Any need a s/w to exploit Alexa Let me Know
and i will get it for you at no charge wink
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2011
^^^Just be careful so that you dont get your adsense banned. I am not exploiting alexa, i am allowing things to run normally. Exploitation will catch up with you eventually. The best thing is to draw traffick to your site legally.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 03, 2011
Current Rankings:

[evibs.com]
Alexa Traffic Rank: 309,456 Traffic Rank in NG: 751

[.net]
Alexa Traffic Rank: 435,408 Traffic Rank in NG: 843

[divilla.org]
Alexa Traffic Rank: 450,789 Traffic Rank in NG: 864

Mehn. . .that evibs is running too fast, we must catch up with him somehow.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2011
Now let us review some of our strategies: http://www.blogs..net/content/16-ways-increase-website-traffic

Winning a turkey from .net might not be a bad idea afteral.
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2011
Re: My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2011
My rating as at 11:56 today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel / 5 2go Tricks You Must Know / Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.