Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? (2168 Views)

"Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2007
God were are u?
And why do u let ur people to suffer especially the Good ones?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by naijacutee(f): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2007
Why is 99% of the blame for suffering blamed at God? Why doesn't anyone say anything at all to the devil who actually causes suffering? 
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2007
Am putin to him cause he is the supreme beign and is meant to posses absolute control ova all things!
No be so?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by IDINRETE: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

God were are u?
And why do u let your people to suffer especially the Good ones?

which God are you referring to? Yahweh,Allah, Chi, Olorun, Mawu, e.t.c
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 11:17am On Sep 25, 2007
IDINRETE:

which God are you referring to? Yahweh,Allah, Chi, Olorun, Mawu, e.t.c

Thw almighty GOD of course. The one who made heaven and earth
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by IDINRETE: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

which almighty God?

All the Gods I have listed are separate and distinct from each other and are almighty in all of the different Religions.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Dios(f): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2007
IDINRETE:

which almighty God?

All the Gods I have listed are separate and distinct from each other and are almighty in all of the different Religions.

grin grin

naijacutee:

Why is 99% of the blame for suffering blamed at God? Why doesn't anyone say anything at all to the devil who actually causes suffering?

Typical nigerian religious fanatic. grin grin
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by jagunlabi(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2007
Humans are responsible for their own sufferings.
stingersmi:

God were are u?
And why do u let your people to suffer especially the Good ones?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2007
stingersmi:

:Am refering it to the Alpha and omega, The one and only true God, the holy trinity in one God

@jagunlabi
Not all problems of man is coursed by man.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Softee(f): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2007
There are many reasons why God can allow you to go through trials.

1.) It could be a learning expirience - eg. If Gods plan for your life is to become a comfortor, how will you know how to comfort people if you have never needed comfort?
2.) It could be as a result of your own doings - eg. having unprotected sex leads to unwanted pregnancy.
3.) It could be just to make you stronger - eg. A person who has suffered rejection after rejection will not be fazed by another rejection

One thing i have learned about God is that, as much as he is moved my our emotions. If somebody is praying to God for healing in SEPTEMBER 2007 and they are suffering, crying most nights and God has already planned that they are going to be healed in SEPTEMBER 2008, during that time it will feel like God isn't really there, but really he has already planned your healing!

Personally i think God has a plan for everybodys life and the things we expirience in life have deeper meaning to what we think. Even if you don't believe God has a plan still try and turn your struggles into positive things and just know that every tear you cry, every heavy heart you feel is an expirience!
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 10:55am On Sep 26, 2007
Amen!
Ya, but suffering also makes us deviate from does plans.
No be poverty dey make person steal crayfish?
y?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by naijacutee(f): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2007
Dios:

grin grin

Typical nigerian religious fanatic. grin grin

Thanks for the compliment  grin. Note that I haven't mentioned any religion in particular - I just mentioned God. I guess that should make me a typical Nigerian God fanatic.  grin
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2007
Ya, but that doesnt answer the question,
Or does it?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by stingersmi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2007
lipsrsealed cry > angry
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Softee(f): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2007
stingersmi:

Amen!
Ya, but suffering also makes us deviate from does plans.
No be poverty dey make person steal crayfish?
y?

True. However stealing that crayfish can also be an expirience! People testify over many things, i also used to be a theif because i felt nobody understood me. However i recovered from that with the help of God and it has become an expirience in my life that i was never go back and will not encourage anyone to start with! Now if i meet a child who has started with the same problem and says "nobody understands me" i will be able to help him/her as i have been through the same or a similar expirience!
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Softee(f): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2007
But funny enough even shown throughout the bible, those who really love God and belong to him suffer more. E.g. Job, David

Remember heaven is the promised destination and earthly troubles will eventually be taken away and if you compare heaven to our earthly troubles, they will be so worth it!

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Ascony(m): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2007
when we say suffering, we have to look at the broad conception of it. we normally view suffering solely as those common misfortunes of everyday lives.
Now look at one category of sufffering that hurts me so much:
HAven't you realised that there are people who were born deformed talkmore of those dformed by accidents? people without legs, arms, without eyes nor even a voice to speak. Do you know how it feels to find yourself in a situaton like that? many have been born deformed and have died deformed including the so called christians and born again.
What of mental deformity, imbeciles, people who are born with their brains disorganized, how could these people ever acquire knowledge of what is good and what is bad? How can we determine the fate of these people? They are totally useless to the society, mental diseases are hardly cured, so these people live out their lives and die that way without any purpose of life.

There have also been countless stories of twin babies born with their bodies stuck together (Siamese twins) and most of these twins have died in the course of attempting to separate them.
There are many other painful cases of deformities, as we all know one or two cases around us.

I have also discovered some situations whereby these deformed people commit suicide or attempt to do so because they can no more bear the pain of stigmatization and incompleteness in their life anymore. Why should we blame them? What have they done to deserve this kind of life? So they figured out that they are better off dead than to live in sorrows and pain.

Walking across the street, you see a man on a wheel chair putting up a happy face and you think he is happy? No he is not, he is just pretending to be, deep down inside he is crying and praying, hoping that one day a miracle will come, but a miracle will never come, he will live and die deformed and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it.

We always believe that God created us all, and that everyone was created for a purpose. So tell me, in your own observation, what purpose was the deformed created? These people live out their lives and die in helplessness. That baby that dies immediately after birth, what purpose was he created? To bring pain and sadness to his parents or what? That baby that was born with neither arms nor legs, what purpose was she created? To show others that we can live without complete body parts or what?

Though once in a while, some of these deformed people learn to do something great with their lives, but the fact still remains that majority of them live and die helplessly without achieving a single purpose in life.

We are told that God created us in his own image and sometimes I wonder whether some part of God’s image is deformed. Instead, why should some of us be born deformed for no good reason and others are not? Deformity is the bitterest injustice I have discovered in this life.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by dot2002(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2007
maybe he/she's very busy God
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by somze(f): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
Ascony
Why don't you quit crying and asking for the purpose why God created them. Have you ever thought you might be the answer of that question? What have you done to help? What have you truly done to see that a life is better, a person feels loveD, a hungry mouth has food to eat or a destitute has a place to sleep.

We can point all fingers at God as much as we want, but what have we done? We who have no deformities, we who are wealthy. What have we done towards those who are less privilege?

WHY DO WE LEAVE US TO SUFFER?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Ascony(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2007
No matter what you and i do, we can only succeed a one percent chance of helping this less priviledged. God is the only one that can eliminate their suffering but he had refused to do so. How can he be so cruel?
Many have died in that condition and many are still gonna perish and there is nothing you can do about it. Only god in his "omnipotence" can render a final solution to this ,i.e. if he did exist.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by somze(f): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
lol
With this sort of attitude you think the world will ever be different.

It's simple Nigerian mentality - There's nothing I can do to change it, its the govt's, God's or some person other than myself's fault and responsibility, my job is to cry and whine.

Do you know that the earth has more that enough supply of water for every single person on it? Yet so many die of thirst and dehydration. The point is it is up to you and me to be of service to those who are less privilege. If every one that has gives a portion to those that do not then poverty and suffering will disappear.

An example is seen with the early Christians
44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.
Acts 2:44-45 (New Living Translation)

34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.
Acts 4:34-35 (New Living Translation)

Quit crying when you are at fault for everything. Do your bit and at least a few lives would be changed. People own charities or send aid to those in need and some of these people are not even religious, You are hear blaming God.

Grow up boy.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Horus(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer?
Because he is sick and tired with religious fanatics of all kinds,he is sick and tired with people who worship only Dead white men and who forget about their African ancestors.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Ascony(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2007
With this sort of attitude you think the world will ever be different.

look boy, it's not that i am not charitable or that i don't feel remorse for the less priviledged. i am just trying to prove a point there. and that point is that all we can do is a nickle to compare with what God can do in his omnipotence. the truth is this, if God really exists, then he is so hard hearted to create people deformed and leave them to suffer tremendous emotional and psycho-physical pains (grammar).

As a matter of fact, i am very very benevolent and i derive so much satisfaction when i put a smile on someone's face, and that is me naturally. i give even when i have not satisfied myself. sometimes My friends even  try to call me to attention whenever they notice my benevolent life style, but i can't stop because it pleases me to do so.
If God could only have my mind for one day , or moreso, if he could hand me over for just one day, you will wake up one morning and discover that there are no more beggars on the streets.

Do you know that the earth has more that enough supply of water for every single person on it? Yet so many die of thirst and dehydration.

i think that God is in the best position to answer that question.

The point is it is up to you and me to be of service to those who are less privilege. If every one that has gives a portion to those that do not then poverty and suffering will disappear.

God is in the best position to enforce that strategy. Or do you expect the whole world to wake up one morning and start given a portion of their wealth to the poor without a divine intervention? Making this earth a paradise here and right now is piece of cake to God but still------

Quit crying when you are at fault for everything. Do your bit and at least a few lives would be changed. People own charities or send aid to those in need and some of these people are not even religious, You are hear blaming God.

Grow up boy.

I am not crying, i am just trying to make you guys think critically about this concept of a God who delights in the suffering of his creations. And secondly how iam i at fault for anything at all? i have been doing my best but my best is not good enough but that won't stop me from doing my best because i can't subscribe for anything less.
Maybe you might not believe me but ever since i was young, i have nutured this dream of building one of the greatest charity homes in africa and that dream is still alive till this day. In some years to come when HOME SWEET HOME will be commissioned, u will remember that one ascony from nairaland forum did prophesy about it.

People own charities or send aid to those in need and some of these people are not even religious, You are hear blaming God.

i wouldn't blame God nor need to bother him  if i were omnipotent.
With God, all things are possible" so they say , then why is it so hard for him to acknowledge the cry of the less priviledged? i wouldn't do that if i could have half of his omni power.

IF I WERE GOD,

If I were God, I would make all dreams come true
Because all things are possible for them that trust in me
If I were God, evil will never rule
And I’ll make the hearts of men to be how I want it to be
If I were God, there’ll be no beggars on the street
Begging for money or maybe some food to eat
And there will be no sorrow, and there will be no pain
If I were God, I’ll break all of the chains. 
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by somze(f): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2007
Let me concentrate on the bone of your contention

I assume the following are your points -
[list]
[li]If God indeed exists he created suffering and wants his creation to suffer[/li]
[li]God is helpless and can do nothing to help the situation[/li]
[li]Therefore, God does not exist[/li]
[/list]

First, God did not create suffering nor does he want us to suffer. Going back to the book of Genesis in the Bible we see how sin, death and suffering came into the world. The world and its inhabitant remains under a curse from God as a result of man's disobedience. However there is hope in Jesus Christ . . . the popular verse says For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should NOT perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

God also has made provision for a new heaven and earth where these things occur no more.(2 Peter 3 and Revelation 21) This means this world is already doomed for failure and nothing can help it. Even science agrees the world will come to an end though the means and timing is quite different from that of the Bible.

Suffering and tragedies were also prevalent during Christ's time. Here folks were concerned with certain tragedies that occurred, Christ's reply was strange, He did not concentrate on the tragedy but called them to view this as an example and turn to God in repentance.

1 About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple.
2 “Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?” Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered?
3 Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God.
4 And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem?
5 No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.”

Christ was a man of solution, in a lot of instances he preferred to look for solution other than search for whom to blame. When folks were ill he healed them, when hungry he fed them.

This is what we should do. God created you to be of service to the less privilege. To help those going through hard times, to love, to encourage, to find solutions. Every suffering or tragedy you experience or notice in others is a chance for you to ultimately turn to God and act like Christ. Be the solution.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by dot2002(m): 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2007
What about people born with deformity through no fault of there's. trisomy 18, sickle cell anaemia, tay sach and so son? hope God is not vexed that some people rightly chose to terminate such pregnancies?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by akeye(f): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2007
my brother i agree wit u.
people suffer alot in d world and espercially the good ones
but who are we to question God?
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
dot2002:

What about people born with deformity through no fault of there's. trisomy 18, sickle cell anaemia, tay sach and so son? hope God is not vexed that some people rightly chose to terminate such pregnancies?

There are yet many people who are born with deformities who are happy and do not see it as a problem @Dot2002. Please stop playing the THERE ARE THESE AND THAT when you can not speak for all of them. I have a cousin who is born deaf and dumb and she has a wonderful life. I mean even I envy her in the way she conducts and carries herself and she has yet to complain about her problem. Please know the difference between being born with a deformity and suffering. They are two different things.
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Poster. When you mention suffering, please look at the 360 of the situation to understand what is going on and why. No need to look to God as the reason for suffering. If you were at least straight up with what exactly it is that is bothering you and caused you to post this, we might be better able to disect the situation and maybe get you see that blaming God is right .
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by dot2002(m): 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2007
Kobojunkie! you might be right, plz don't take my word as an affront on you. people born with deformity do see it as an hindrance. i will talk from personal experience. Sickle cell is a pain more than any other, one's fate is sealed, GOD will not do anything about it.Pray, fast or do whatever nothing will change in fact i will start believing when pastor kumuyi or whichever one of those rich pastors heal a full blown sickle cell subject. Sickle cell is just a monogenic genetic disease, we are working flat out in labs to find gene therapy solution. The other one deaf and dumb, how can your cousin complain? your cousin's deaf and dumb for pete-sake his case is even more complex polygentic disease more than one gene is affected and no drug or prayer can revert that and you better not hope to be like him because just as sickle cell, subjects affected passes the trait from one generation to another, your cousin will pass it on through procreation in the recessive form. Its in our gene!!! we can't do nothing about it except preimplantation diagnosis of genetic diseases to excluded and screen out defective germ cell. lol
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by dot2002(m): 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2007
Just try Google trisomy 18 check on Google image and ask where the fukk God at. I'm not saying he don't exist I'm asking where is he.apologies for my English
Re: Why Do God Leave Us To Suffer? by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Nov 27, 2007
dot2002:

Kobojunkie! you might be right, plz don't take my word as an affront on you. people born with deformity do see it as an hindrance. i will talk from personal experience. Sickle cell is a pain more than any other, one's fate is sealed, GOD will not do anything about it.Pray, fast or do whatever nothing will change in fact i will start believing when pastor kumuyi or whichever one of those rich pastors heal a full blown sickle cell subject. Sickle cell is just a monogenic genetic disease, we are working flat out in labs to find gene therapy solution. The other one deaf and dumb, how can your cousin complain? your cousin's deaf and dumb for pete-sake his case is even more complex polygentic disease more than one gene is affected and no drug or prayer can revert that and you better not hope to be like him because just as sickle cell, subjects affected passes the trait from one generation to another, your cousin will pass it on through procreation in the recessive form. Its in our gene!!! we can't do nothing about it except preimplantation diagnosis of genetic diseases to excluded and screen out defective germ cell. lol

You do not have to try explain sickle cell anaemia to me. I happen to be a scientist and understand that as well. Better still, I happen to have a friend who is anaemic. He is married and is a good father to his kids and a good husband to his wife. He does get sick occassionally but in his own words, it is not a curse nor is he suffering. So please case by case. Not everyone feels the same way you do about these things. Better still, why not focus on the suffering in your own life rather than trying to tell us someone else is suffering BASED on your own ideas of the persons situation. There is one particular dude, can not remember his name, but saw him on TV a couple of weeks ago. He was born without hands and legs. Basically, his body ends at his torso and he has no hands( genetic disorder). This man travels the world in his condition. He speaks to people from all around the world and he is upbeat even though people who see him ASSUME he is in pain and suffering. He tries to let them know that is far from his truth since he does not see life as they do.

Again, assuming all persons with a certain condition will feel a certain way is not logical. Address persons on individual basis and then you might actually get more insight on this issue of suffering and the actual source.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fela As A Deity. / Are You A Sheep Or A Goat? / The Sons Of Perdition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.