Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:32 AM

Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. (5302 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by sholasys: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
help my colleague Desktop changed upside down. It is laptop with win xp
I hv try so many hing and system restore still it could not solve it.
the system restore cannot be completed bc no changes at that restore point. I hv tried many restore points.
any suggestion ?
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2007
Just use your mouse to drag the taskbar and start button back to the bottom of your screen.
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by sholasys: 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2007
The entire screen changed upside down not the task bar alone
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by topeteadr(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2007
Your system is infected and try formatting and realoading.
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by furlee(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
Your computer is not infected with virus, probably someone pressed a key on the keyboard or mouse that activated Rotation property of the graphics setting.

To correct it follo this procedure

1. by the side of the screen locate an icon that specifies Intel Extreme Graphics
2. Click Graphic Options
3. Click Graphic properties
4. Click Rotation Tab
5. Select Normal

Your screen should be bcak to normal.

But note the mouse will behave funny and clicking this options might be difficult until you are able to manouvre it back to normal settings.

Good luck!
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by topeteadr(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hey guy not all computer's have that stuff that you are talking about but i guess you are right
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by sholasys: 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2007
Furlee, thanks man and thanks to evry Nairalander in the house.
it work am cool
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by Rare(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2007
furlee:

Your computer is not infected with virus, probably someone pressed a key on the keyboard or mouse that activated Rotation property of the graphics setting.

To correct it follo this procedure

1. by the side of the screen locate an icon that specifies Intel Extreme Graphics
2. Click Graphic Options
3. Click Graphic properties
4. Click Rotation Tab
5. Select Normal

Your screen should be bcak to normal.

But note the mouse will behave funny and clicking this options might be difficult until you are able to manouvre it back to normal settings.

Good luck!

This is the precise and exact solution. Happened to me when I was new to my system. Although a few details about your system's manufacture would have helped for better diagnosis

tope_teadr:

Your system is infected and try formatting and realoading.

People!!! please check well before you advise someone to format a system
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by Jaychuks(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2007
@furlee
That's a good one.
Another method is using the keyboard by pressing Ctrl + Alt + (Up Arrow Key or Down Arrow Key).

Thanks.
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by furlee(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2007
Jaychuks:

@furlee
That's a good one.
Another method is using the keyboard by pressing Ctrl + Alt + (Up Arrow Key or Down Arrow Key).

Thanks.

Oh this is wonderful and stress free unlike the methods i explained above. Surely there is no limit to learning and I have learn from you today.

God bless you
Re: Win Xp Desktop Change Upside Down. by topeteadr(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
Damn this trend is great i love it very much i have learn't it a lot

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks Top As Internet Users In Africa! / Heeeeelp!.....My Multilinks 1x Modem Won't Connect / Dysfunctional USB Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.