Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (165790 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
chrisawi:

[b]There is this school in olomuc that offer a language course, [/b]and u pay after arriving the school, but the program start September. Is better you apply now so you get the necessary document require, cos Czech visa application takes three month to process. If you are interested i can always give you the site.

Which language will a Nigerian to go Czech to study?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by chrisawi: 12:48am On Feb 01, 2012
@p.desmond
The school is Palacky University and the site is http://www.upol.cz/en/. Czech student visa is easy to get if you have all the required document. The interesting thing is that the school will send all your document to the embassy in Abuja. If you are interested I can send the form to your mail box, fill and submit to her, or better still make your require thru the admission officer with this info, E-mail: jana.stefanova@upol.cz
Phone: +420 585 633 476. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ all, I would insist if you are coming to CZ for study purpose, its much advisable to study in an english programme but I am not trying to discourage others who have genuine intentions to studying in czech language. The language is only spoken within CZ so it has its limitations but you can take the positives out of it as well .

In case anyone is interested in Msc Environmental Modelling(english based), you can apply to Czech University of Life Sciences,Praha. The tuition fess is quite affordable-about 500EUR per academic session. The application deadline is March 15,2012. You have got to pay 550CZk as application fees.

On a final note, please take out time to explore the Web on schooling in CZ for those who are interested.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by obalukan: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ chris pls give us the school website so i and others can apply ontime. Thanks
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by maziano(m): 4:41am On Feb 03, 2012
please @chrisawi, you can send me the form for palacki university to my email maziano@gmail.com .thanks
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by zhukafa(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2012
@chrisawi, thank you for the information, also send me the form. zhukafa@yahoo.com
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by imperiouxx(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2012
Guys are good at it. . . . .indiscriminate email dropping  grin
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Hoodrat(m): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
I dont know what is special in language course. This is done in all European shenghen country. Is a free course with no charges involved and you are paid to go to school so what is in it for someone who wanted to apply as interest of studying abroad from Nigeria with no ties in Europe? undecided and what good is CZ language by the way?. lipsrsealed
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by imperiouxx(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
Hoodrat:

I dont know what is special in language course. This is done in all European shenghen country. Is a free course with no charges involved and you are paid to go to school so what is in it for someone who wanted to apply as interest of studying abroad from Nigeria with no ties in Europe? undecided and what good is CZ language by the way?. lipsrsealed

Visa procurement nko? undecided
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Hoodrat(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
Well such course is mainly for people with legal rights to stay in the country eg holding a resident permit or asylum seekers, In Norway and Poland you are paid to go to school for language course.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kwenu: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
@Chrisawi, please i need the form , heres my email early.mann@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless you

How much is the tuition fee?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kuka700: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hello Nedostic, kodus to ur offer of advice! am interested in uni of life sciences praha. i see theres czk550 application fee. how much is that in Naira and how does one pay? i beliv ur course infomatics is taught in english right? how is their english instruction in class? is it good, is it as good as the english used for instruction in nigerian universities? the reason for comparing is that u knw nigeria official language is english while it is not so in czech. as such since we use english alot our english might be better than that of the tutors in czech right?
u have not talked about lifestyle in czech. whats the common and easily prepared food? what extra activities are common there? does it mean that if u dont speck czech then one will have to stay indoors and confined?
cheers,

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ the last poster and perhaps others,

I would advise you to route the payment through a friend who is based in Europe to effect the payment on your behalf.I am not in the know of the current exchange rate but I am sure its about 5500(Naira).

You are right with I am studying. The standard is good but it calls for improvement as well considering the fact that English is a second language. Most of the lecturers are Czechs with one or two English native speakers. There is no doubting the fact that our English is better but one must equally consider that accent differs. Aside language, the standard is quite high considering the fact that virtually all the courses are projects oriented. Its a different ball game compared to Naija education. Here, you have got to be studious but I am sure if you are quite a good student in Naija you would easily cope with the new demands of academics.

Lifestyle in CZ depends on you. Prague is one of the major hubs of tourism in Europe.So you can imagine life in Prague!It's a beautiful city but with scarce opportunities for African students. For food, it depends on what like eating.More so,there are African food but quite expensive.

Well,it would be good you try learning the language as soon as you are here but it equally depends on your long-term objective(s).

Common!As regards extracurricular activities and the last question.It depends on what you want as an individual.More so, there are so many African students here in CZ.You can look it up on facebook.

I hope this candid opinion of mine helps.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kuka700: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
thanx for the response ned! u mentioned language accent in ur RE. what about it? is their accent difficult to understand or wat? i dnt understand. with regard to main study, to be candid I am not a very good student, not very sound and brilliant. i would say that am an average or a little below average student. i passsed my papers with help of tutorials and studying past question papers which my lecturers often repeated. it was more of GIGO - garbage in garbage out, meaning i gave them(lecturers) back what they gave us. do you think one can cope there at all? what is the pass mark and credit score there? here in naija 40 is pass while 50 is credit. are there any kind of tutorials and group discussions to help? u said the education standard is good, how about research? is CULS good and well oriented in research? pls advice.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ last poster,

You can cope.I am sure an average Naija student is good enough to cope in any academic environment given the naija resilience. The pass mark is 50. For tutorials and group works,yes, we have similar structure here. As a matter of fact, my African colleagues in my class and I do have a platform where we exchange ideas, after all, no man is a monopoly of knowledge,

CULS is research oriented like I did state in my previous post(s),you have got to write papers(projects) on virtually all the courses and do presentations as well

To me what counts is knowing what you want here because there are so many distractions. So, this is a personal decision and your primary motive of coming over here. If you are coming over for study,I would implore the incomer to make good use of the opportunity and move on swiftly with his/her life ambition(s). I must equally reiterate that here is not an eldorado and getting a job is quite tough but not impossible.

For now, the most important thing is for you to package your application and apply to the school of your choice. I,for one, does not fancy students coming over here to study in Czech Language, though its usually free but I do not think it is good enough except one wants to stay put within CZ

On a final note, lets use the power of GOOGLE and other search engines for searching out INFO on anything you might be interested in knowing about studies in CZ and perhaps other countries.

I hope this helps.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kuka700: 11:28am On Feb 18, 2012
hello ned,
thanx! u knw some info can not be gotten thru google. such first hand infos can only be gotten thru fora like this and as nigerians nah NL be the place, so pls be patient.
at CULS, I want to apply to institute of tropics and sub-tropics. to be more precise, i want msc tropical animal science. but on the page i see that theres entrance exam. do i have to take that exam before securing admission? is it obligatory? did u write any exam in ur own case? how is their english accent? is it difficult to understand? thanx alot.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by fateavon4u(f): 3:09am On Feb 22, 2012
Hi ned,nice job!!!!!, whts d application deadline for Bsc programs?, cos I saw 15th feb on bachlors portal, hw much is intrl bsc SURN tuition fee?.last question,, lmao, hw did u or any one there go abt the secondary sch transcript,did u request frm JSS1 or what?, this part is confusing, lmao, am sorry for asking too much questions,its just that d school hvnt replied any of my emails yet.thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by alex406(m): 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
fateavon4u:

Hi ned,nice job!!!!!, whts d application deadline for Bsc programs?, cos I saw 15th feb on bachlors portal, hw much is intrl bsc SURN tuition fee?.last question,, lmao, hw did u or any one there go abt the secondary sch transcript,did u request frm JSS1 or what?, this part is confusing, lmao, am sorry for asking too much questions,its just that d school hvnt replied any of my emails yet.thanks in advance.

Pls we need reply to this questions asap. Thanks
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
I have to render this help to those who may be interested in studying these four fields with Czech University of Life Sciences,Praha

1. Bachelor's in Informatics(English Tuition)
2. Bachelor's in Agricultural Economics and Management(English Tuition)
3. Master's in Informatics(English Tuition)
4. Master's in Economics and Management(English Tuition)

The Bachelor's courses are for students with Science and Social Sciences(Commercial subjects) background.

Both Master courses can be done by any university graduate with minimum of 2.2,what matters most is your motivation to study.

If you cannot pay the application fees of 500CZK or so in Nigeria, I have spoken to one  the International Officers in charge of the courses stipulated above and he has informed me to get the needed documents from Nigerian applicants.

This is a voluntary service and I would plead you stick with the required documentations and timeline.

Of utmost importance is for you to fill the form online in the school's application portal,sign it and send me the documents herein listed.

Prospective Bachelor's students are advised to forward online signed application form(printed pdf), SSCE result, a copy of bio-data page of International Passport and CV (Bsc Applicants Only) to danoanizor@gmail.com

For Master's applicants, you need only a copy of bio-data page of International Passport,CV, Bsc certificate or statement of result,online signed application form(printed pdf) and Transcript to danoanizor@gmail.com

I do expect to get these copies on or before 10th March,2012. Admission deadline is on the 15th March,2012.

Please do not flood the email with irrelevant documents. I would appreciate, you forward the appropriate documents as stated.

Please endeavour to have your email address on your CV.

I am not assuring anyone admission or study visa, its just a way of assisting serious minded students.I am not an admission officer neither am I a consulate officer. 

Others who might be interested in other programmes within this same university or schools within CZ should communicate directly with the concerned international admission officers.

@the last two posters, I believe you would need to have your secondary school transcript. I do not have a concrete solution but I promised to get across to a junior colleague who might be of help in addressing your question. More so, I do not know how much the school fees is. If its possible, I do advise you call the appropriate body in charge of the admission you are interested in.

Generally, Czechs have poor attitude to responding to mails written in English language of course for obvious reasons-language barrier. So,call to find out all you need whenever you do not get feedback(s).

I hope this helps.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kuka700: 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
All hail Nedostic! once again, kudos to ur effort and volunteer. however u didnt respond to my last post, that is, the one before the last two posts. i saw at the CULS website that there is an admission examination for the programme I want to apply for(msc tropical animal science). my question is- is that exam compulsory? do I have go to czech to write the exam and pass before I am given admission? in ur own case, did u write any exam? pls do help out and exercise patience with us. like others too i wrote emails but no response.
All hail Nedostic, the great volunteer!!!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Kukah, I am not interested in your praises.Methinks you sound so sarcastic with your last statement 'All hail Nedostic,the great volunteer'

Please do well to consult the school for any question of yours I might be unable to address. I do not have monopoly of knowledge. More so, hook up with African students in CZ on facebook using this link http://www./103501073098602/
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kuka700: 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2012
hello ned,
much apologies. i mean no offence, perharps am not good at makin humuors. i only meant to express appreciation and also to stimulate u to respond to my question and nothing more. its no small effort responding to all these questions.
thanx!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by fateavon4u(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
Hi ned,thanks for the swift response.calling the school in the morning,
Wht do u think abt CTU praha?, abt kuka,I think its was a joke.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by tezzyray: 11:15am On Feb 25, 2012
@neds, u have really tried and i appreciate the informations you are giving us here.
Pleas my own question now is how much is it required to have in our account in order to apply for the czech rep student visa.
in finnish embassy it is required to have like 6000euros.is it also the same amount with the czech embassy?
hope to read from you soonest.
As fo bachelor in informatics ,i have already applied via online.i will send you the required documents and also do we need to legalise it from the min of foreign affairs and education and also at the czech embassy before submitting them ,and will the application fee be waived for Nigerians because its not easy for paying from here.hope to read from you soonest
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2012
@fateavon4u ,the only information I know about CTU, Praha, is that it is better ranked than CZU.

@tezzyray, I cannot give you a concrete answer on the account balance needed since I am not privy to such a classified information. I would only suggest to you to have a minimum of 2m on your account balance. More so, the embassy website should serve as a guide to visa matters.

As regards, the online payment,I have stated in my previous post that for now there is no need to pay due to the difficulties of bank transfer in CZK. Please read my last post and stick with what is required iro documentations.

Please forget about legalization for the now until you have been granted visa for study purpose.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by tezzyray: 11:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
@NED, Please i will like to know the tuition fees for bachelor in informatics,
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Daybeecee(m): 4:34am On Feb 26, 2012
Thanks Guys for all your contribution so far smiley   @Chrisawi, kindly send the form to shegzmane@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
nedostic:

I have to render this help to those who may be interested in studying these four fields with Czech University of Life Sciences,Praha

1. Bachelor's in Informatics(English Tuition)
2. Bachelor's in Agricultural Economics and Management(English Tuition)
3. Master's in Informatics(English Tuition)
4. Master's in Economics and Management(English Tuition)

The Bachelor's courses are for students with Science and Social Sciences(Commercial subjects) background.

Both Master courses can be done by any university graduate with minimum of 2.2,what matters most is your motivation to study.

If you cannot pay the application fees of 500CZK or so in Nigeria, I have spoken to one  the International Officers in charge of the courses stipulated above and he has informed me to get the needed documents from Nigerian applicants.

This is a voluntary service and I would plead you stick with the required documentations and timeline.

Of utmost importance is for you to fill the form online in the school's application portal,sign it and send me the documents herein listed.

Prospective Bachelor's students are advised to forward online signed application form(printed pdf), SSCE result, a copy of bio-data page of International Passport and CV (Bsc Applicants Only) to danoanizor@gmail.com

For Master's applicants, you need only a copy of bio-data page of International Passport,CV, Bsc certificate or statement of result,online signed application form(printed pdf) and Transcript to danoanizor@gmail.com

I do expect to get these copies on or before 10th March,2012. Admission deadline is on the 15th March,2012.

Please do not flood the email with irrelevant documents. I would appreciate, you forward the appropriate documents as stated.

Please endeavour to have your email address on your CV.

I am not assuring anyone admission or study visa, its just a way of assisting serious minded students.I am not an admission officer neither am I a consulate officer. 

Others who might be interested in other programmes within this same university or schools within CZ should communicate directly with the concerned international admission officers.

@the last two posters, I believe you would need to have your secondary school transcript. I do not have a concrete solution but I promised to get across to a junior colleague who might be of help in addressing your question. More so, I do not know how much the school fees is. If its possible, I do advise you call the appropriate body in charge of the admission you are interested in.

Generally, Czechs have poor attitude to responding to mails written in English language of course for obvious reasons-language barrier. So,call to find out all you need whenever you do not get feedback(s).

I hope this helps.

@ nedostic, thanks for your assistance.for the Bsc you didnt include transcript.does that mean i can apply bu supplying those documents(excluding transcript) for now and still be considered for admission? The reason is my secondary sch is very far from where i am now and i have a very busy schedule.If its possible to get the admission,I will get the transcripts later.is this possible?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by maziano(m): 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
@ nedostic- I just sent my documents to your email address complete.Also, i sent it twice (im very sorry), i had to add my email on my c.v.so please you can use the recent mail sent from my gmail for processing the admission. my email is maziano@gmail.com.

Thanks
God Bless you!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by tezzyray: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
@neds, thank you so much for your assistance.i just want to inform you that i have sent my application and all the required documents to the email you posted.please i will like to confirm if you have gotten it.my email is tezzyray@yahoo.com.and also will like to know the application fee for the bachelor programme.
regards
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
I have forwarded all the applications I received to the appropriate authorities.

More so, I forgot to indicate transcript for Bachelor's Diploma students but in case you do not have you could still send your documentations but it would be good if you can include it.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by obalukan: 8:59am On Mar 02, 2012
@ nedostic thanks for the information please am unable to locate the application for admission for bachelor degree can you please send the form to me via this email salaudeentaoheed@yahoo.com i will be happy to get it from you and anyone who have already apply anybody can send the application to me. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.