Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits (6415 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Sudan Deports 26 Nigerians Over Ebola Fears / Nigeria Deports 56 More South Africans -- More To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by aloyemeka1: 1:06am On Dec 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Immigration repatriates 25 Chinese[/size]
From ADETUTU FOLASADE-KOYI, Abuja
Wednesday, November 30 , 2011

Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Mrs. Rose Uzoma has said that 25 Chinese with irregular resident permits have been repatriated to China by the Service.

Mrs. Uzoma who made the disclosure to the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs who were on oversight tour of the agency in Abuja also said that about 400, 000 foreigners reside in Nigeria.

She said this when the Senator Dahiru Kuta-led committee visited the NIS on an oversight tour yesterday after being charged on security of the nation’s borders and prevention of proliferation of small arms in the country.
The Immigration boss noted that Nigeria is less attractive for foreign investors when compared to other African countries like Ghana, Cote d’Voire and Kenya.

“You have heard so much about Chinese staying illegally in Nigeria, we do remove Chinese regularly. If we discover them we remove them. Last week we removed 25 Chinese, we depoted those who committed crimes.

“I am not saying that you cannot find one or two foreigners who are not leaving here on regular immigration status. But, again, there is no country in the world where you cannot find such people.
“Seeing foreigners on the streets of Nigeria does not mean that they are of irregular status. Most of them are legal residents. Distinguished Senators, there are not many foreigners in Nigeria. We have well over just 300, 000 legally resident in Nigeria in a population of over 160 million people.

“Those of us who travel, when you are coming back to Nigeria, I am sure you can count the numbers of foreigners in the aircraft. Nigeria is not yet a destination of choice. You see foreigners in Senegal, there are more in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya and other places’ you see lots of tourists there.”
The Comptroller-General who also responded to the Senators on the rising incidences of human trafficking in Nigeria, said the NIS was encumbered by inadequate staff and finance to tackle the menace.

She added that with about 23000 staff, the NIS could not properly man the nations land borders, but added that the international airports have been properly upgraded to combat any attempt at trafficking.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/30/national-30-11-2011-0024.html
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by 9ja4eva: 5:12am On Dec 01, 2011
When they say recruit Uzoma go carry unqualified people full there.

She is as corrupt as Waziri and should be sent out.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by obowunmi(m): 5:31am On Dec 01, 2011
these chinese will re-enter Nigeria under a different name, thru bribes. If they are criminals why don't they give them real punishment and forget them in kirikiri,
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Baawaa(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2011
They dont cooperate wit Nigeria Immigration or the terms is high?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by babaowo: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2011
if nigerians over stay in china,their government will send the culprit to jail before deport them back home,why not our's gov.do same thing to them?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by highland(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2011
Good development.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2011
they should be rounded up on regular bases and thoroughly profiled. My experience in the hands of Chinese officials last month in Shanghai was terrible. I have a valid visa, and have been to China over twenty times, on business trips, and my last trip was just for three days. I was turned upside down, even with proof of genuine business links in  their land. Our boarder control officials should do more in profiling them, most of them are here without proper documents, and they drive freely without papers. Go and drive in China as a black man, and see what happens. I drove my Chinese friend's car once and their police almost shot me for the reason, how did I get a car in China, even when my friend that own the car was riding with me.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Intrepid1(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2011
The poor schumcks didn't have enough money to bribe the Bleep out of them greedy immigration niggas. Go home, get money and come back.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by deco2come: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2011
Ikwikwikwi:

they should be rounded up on regular bases and thoroughly profiled. My experience in the hands of Chinese officials last month in Shanghai was terrible. I have a valid visa, and have been to China over twenty times, on business trips, and my last trip was just for three days. I was turned upside down, even with proof of genuine business links in  their land. Our boarder control officials should do more in profiling them, most of them are here without proper documents, and they drive freely without papers. Go and drive in China as a black man, and see what happens. I drove my Chinese friend's car once and their police almost shot me for the reason, how did I get a car in China, even when my friend that own the car was riding with me.
Haha, can you tell us exactly how it happened? How the whole thing started. Started from how they stop you. Shed more light to your brothers bro
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by unclebros: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2011
Just 25? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Am sure those 25 didn't bribe them well.

Go to Huawei Technologies and other Chinese firms, most of them don't have permit and they treat Naija with disdain.

Its a shame. If they want to deport more, I can help them
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by ochizo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
I believe they deported the once that refused or don't have money to settle, wink
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by jidewin(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
unclebros:

Just 25angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Am sure those 25 didn't bribe them well.

Go to Huawei Technologies and other Chinese firms, most of them don't have permit and they treat Naija with disdain.

Its a shame. If they want to deport more, I can help them
My broda you hit the nail on the head direct GBOSA.Huawei and other chinese firms in Nigeria have majority of their nationals in Nigeria illegally.unfortunately once they settle our NPF and IMMIG,end of story.if they are here and bahave,I won't problem,but they misbehave with impunity in Nigeria.This NIS woman talking is only seeking excuses on the bases of "no foreign investors wanting to come to Nigeria"BIG LIE.ask her how many british,irish,south africans,arabians and americans have they deported illegally?she won't have answers.I bet my pay on it.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by blackpanda: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

“Seeing foreigners on the streets of Nigeria does not mean that they are of irregular status. Most of them are legal residents. Distinguished Senators, there are not many foreigners in Nigeria. We have well over just 300, 000 legally resident in Nigeria in a population of over 160 million people.

“Those of us who travel, when you are coming back to Nigeria, I am sure you can count the numbers of foreigners in the aircraft. Nigeria is not yet a destination of choice. You see foreigners in Senegal, there are more in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya and other places’ you see lots of tourists there.”

This is not a surprise, for a country that holds the record for one of the grossest violation of human rights. Which foreigner will want to come to a place where there is no rule of law, a country that practices "might is right" and where corruption and insecurity are the order of the day! Not to mention the horrible attitude towards minorities, especially homosexuaals (who are reputed to be the widest travellers and spenders)
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by beautifulcrystalsyahooc: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
Intrepid!:

The poor schumcks didn't have enough money to bribe the bleep out of them greedy immigration niggas. Go home, get money and come back.

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by mikepeace(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Mrs. Rose Uzoma has said that 25 Chinese with irregular resident permits have been repatriated to China by the Service.

Mrs. Uzoma who made the disclosure to the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs who were on oversight tour of the agency in Abuja also said that about 400, 000 foreigners reside in Nigeria.

She said this when the Senator Dahiru Kuta-led committee visited the NIS on an oversight tour yesterday after being charged on security of the nation’s borders and prevention of proliferation of small arms in the country.
The Immigration boss noted that Nigeria is less attractive for foreign investors when compared to other African countries like Ghana, Cote d’Voire and Kenya.

“You have heard so much about Chinese staying illegally in Nigeria, we do remove Chinese regularly. If we discover them we remove them. Last week we removed 25 Chinese, we depoted those who committed crimes.

“I am not saying that you cannot find one or two foreigners who are not leaving here on regular immigration status. But, again, there is no country in the world where you cannot find such people.

The Comptroller-General who also responded to the Senators on the rising incidences of human trafficking in Nigeria, said the NIS was encumbered by inadequate staff and finance to tackle the menace.

She added that with about 23000 staff, the NIS could not properly man the nations land borders, but added that the international airports have been properly upgraded to combat any attempt at trafficking.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/30/national-30-11-2011-0024.html

SHE DID NOT REMEMBER TO MENTION HOW MANY THAT SETLED THEM WELL AND WAS ALLOWED TO STAY. LOL
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ Deco2come, we arrived via Dubai at Pudong Airport at about 10.30pm, the Boarder Control just cleared me and stamped me in. I had only a hand luggage which contained extra two shirts, and some under wears. Then a Laptop, nothing else. I was stopped before I passed the luggage collection point, and they started asking for money, how much do I have even when most people do not travel with cash, what is my destination point, my ticket, this and that. They opened everything, I was lucky they nearly opened my ass, for over one hour, I was kept in the cold, I never knew the cold came early this year in Shanghai. It was sheer wickedness to an Nigerian as I found out later.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by purplekayc(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
dey no fit bribe ??
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Bisijohn: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2011
It is simply because those ones deported couldn't bribe the NIS official. I strongly believe that they don't even have the data of illegal immigrants in Nigeria. Corruption is the eaten us up deeply in Nigeria. In Ghana, as I learnt, as soon as a foreign nationale is employed to do a job, a local employee will be employed alongside to understudy such-for knowledge transfer because he/she has minimum number of months he/she can work there.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Mscheeeew
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
who were on oversight tour of the agency in Abuja also said that about 400, 000 foreigners reside in Nigeria.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sure?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by hugooh42(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
In China,if you overstay your visa you are will be made to pay RMB 5000, which equals $781.00 as a penalty before you are deported.This is apart from the flight ticket which you must be made to pay.Less i forget you must spend at least 3months in jail before deportation ie if you have paid the fine and your ticket is ready.
And receently they introduced taking ones fingerprint so not to enable a deported person re enter China for at least next 10years.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Joshuzoh(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
na waooo 9ja dey try sha,,
we dey fear china na im make we nor fit giv dem better punishment b4 we trow dem go bak??
left with me,, dem for pay 4 all the over due time wen dem don stay 4 9ja b4 vamus dem go bak!!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
I bet none of these Chinese immigrants spent any time in jail.
Quite unlike the fate which befalls some of our compatriots in China angry

Chinese people in my country – working there, selling there. Nobody is pursuing them," said Obi. He is restless; reluctant to loiter in a restaurant, on the street or even at a friend's home, lest the police come. "If I see them, I run," he says. "That's how I live."

Those seized are detained for 21 days if they cannot pay the fine; longer if they cannot afford a plane fare. Sometimes officers will let overstayers slip away for a bribe of 2,000-10,000 yuan (£188-£940), they say. Many risk their lives to escape, leaping from buildings to escape raids and paying with broken limbs.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/06/china-crackdown-african-immigration
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by fm7070: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
nice one.
they will begin to respect us.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by kemmeye: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
ive been waiting for something like this for the longest time i tought i was going to have to grow metu
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by kooto(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
I agree those ones don't have enough money to pay that's why they are going home, concerning how they treat nigerians here in their companies check many of those companies the personel/human resources manager is a nigerian, what they do is they sell nigerians to them with this common words`they are my people i know how to handle them`(for personal benefit) when they now see truely how he handled his people, it's only logical for them to begin to behave the way they do.(i was once a union vice chairman in one organisation located on Oba-Akran)in short majority of companies established by foreigners in nigeria & nigerians are maltreated there, investigate, the nigerian decision makers there are the cause.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by godman01(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
That's good since they also deport nigerians. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by angelo234: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is sign of good government on monitoring and regulating major illegal immigrants in the country like the same system Eu countries.so some igorant nigerians who don't knew anything shouldn't blame our immigration over their works well done.just imagine south africa how many nigerians they depoted last months.don't blame immigration all over the nations try to enfoster and protect the national imagine of the country.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by proffmanue(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2011
even if naija police see them on the road, they will be smiling to get #20 frm them. naija is a disgrace to the black race.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by kennybuda: 12:28am On Dec 02, 2011
Why chiness dem no see correct oyibo deport ? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by yomz1e(m): 9:45am On Dec 02, 2011
Nicely Done,  These slanty eye ba$tards are one of the most racist race in the universe, China has been known for their human rights abuse, check their records against their neighbours and you will see how evil these ba$tards are. Their evil even extend to making genuine fake quality goods! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits by otokx(m): 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
Why is this woman insulting Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transportation In Nigeria: A Must-see Picture / FG Yet To Remove 5% VAT In Air Transport / Discrimination Towards Our Parents At Finnish Embassy Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.