Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? (3343 Views)

Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by lolaluv1(f): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
If your friend is in a fix, will you allow him/her to stay with you in your matrimonial home?? Why??
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
Yes, cos i trust my other half
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by 2mch(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
depends on the friend. We all know our friends and our friends. lmao. Some people are our friends for many different reasons. My Partner in Crime? hell no. I will give the person some money to find accomodation.
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by ronkebp(f): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
My dear it is not a good idea oooo, no matter how much you trust your other half, it is better to avoid fire instead of looking for an extinguisher when it happens.

Personally, i would pray and fast and fortify my house with nails and bullets, before i allow any friend to stay with me and that would be only for 2 weeks tops.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2011

Very funny,how people who are always vouching for their husbands are afraid to allow their female friends to stay in their houses as guest for long periods.
So what is the meaning of all the boasts that" We have been married for zillions of years and he has never cheated/will never cheat on me?"
YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST HIM WITH YOUR FRIEND,UNDER YOUR ROOF IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!
Imagine what he can do behind your back.
Men will cheat once they get the chance-especially with YOUR friend!
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by mazaje(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^

They trust their husbands but they won't allow their best friend stay with them without fortifying their house with fasting and prayers. . . grin grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^
Don't mind them-they keep on deceiving themselves how they trust their husbands and that their husbands can't cheat on them but they are NOT ready to put that trust to the simplest test.
Put your best friend with your husband under the same roof for a period of time and see if he will not wax that ars.e.
His polygamous hands will be all over her once he gets the chance-take it from some one who knows about these things!
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2011
NEVA! i'l never alow it.no matter how close we were when i was stil single i wont allow it.even if she was my chief bride's maid.il luk 4 evry posible excuse 2 giv ha.i wont even give devil a loophole cos he can use ANYBODY
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by mutter(f): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Not only will I allow it but I also have in the past put up not only my friends but other women in need.
What is total no go by me is a male visitor. That is only possible if he is father or direct brother. The other option- he is there with his wife. This is because I have daughters and I shall not take chances. I can live with my husband falling on a woman under my roof but I could never forgive myself if I expose my kids to any danger.
I do trust my husband and he is a decent man. I will not however put my hands in fire to vouch for any man or woman not even myself. However the other issue is that with the set up in my home it would be very hard for my husband to come on funny ideas. 10 Kids at home match any detective. grin More effective than BBC and CNN put together grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
off course i can and i do. There are always pple staying in our house, friends, cousins etc. My husband is a decent and self controlled man, he doesnt need police. The man has chosen to make life very easy for himeself so i have never had any reason to doubt him.
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Ninapha(f): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
debrief08:

off course i can and i do. There are always pple staying in our house, friends, cousins etc. My husband is a decent and self controlled man, he doesnt need police. The man has chosen to make life very easy for himeself so i have never had any reason to doubt him.

:-Seconded.

.yet sometimes it has its other challenges, like usage of things in the house, cleaning and acceptance of attitude to general issues

I have one already in my house for the past 6 months, She is now like the sister i never had.
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by iyaayi(f): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
I can't allow that to happen o! The devil is trickish and anything can happen! A close long term friend who is a nurse was once distressed and I had to accomodate her for a while. My husband was away for a trip at d time. Before I knew it, well meaning people started asking me if I was d one receiving male doctor visitors at home while my husband was away!!!! They were seeing various cars belonging to doctors in our house parking space!! I had to tell my friend that she shd excuse me as it was a taboo in my husband's culture for her to live wt us, so she left b4 he ever returned frm his trip! Talk of giving me a bad image!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by taryour(f): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
ronkebp: My dear it is not a good idea oooo, no matter how much you trust your other half, it is better to avoid fire instead of looking for an extinguisher when it happens.

Personally, i would pray and fast and fortify my house with nails and bullets, before i allow any friend to stay with me and that would be only for 2 weeks tops.

Lol
Re: Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? by Rapture4real(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Don't trust any man when it comes to sex not even a saint.the devil has destroyed many lives by over confidence. A pst's wife went to pass a nite in a family to go for retreat d following day.unfortunately d woman of d house was not around and d woman pass d nite there wit d knowledge of her hubby and d man's wife in d atmosphere of christian spirit. Only for the man to force a kiss on her like rape kiss in d morning suddenly without d woman consent.It caused a serious problem.I will never trust my wife to even angel as far as man-woman chemistry is concerned from my experience.Be careful

(1) (Reply)

Help, Marriage Issues / Meet My Cute Darling(photos) / "I Started Cheating During My First Pregnancy; Gynecologist Touched Me, And I Ha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.