Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release (1918 Views)

See The Pastor Whose Feet Must Not Touch The Ground During Sermon(photos) / Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / An Iranian Woman Finds Out The Truth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by newmi(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
IRAN: Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani’s life still hangs in the
balance
As we wait for the formal written verdict to come through,
Pastor Nadarkhani’s life hangs in the balance. CSW calls for
continued urgent international action to prevent his execution,
which could still happen anytime.
CSW’s sources in Iran have firmly denied reports that a verbal annulment of
the charges and death sentence had been given. We are urging everyone not
to draw conclusions until a formal written verdict is received from the court
within the next week. In the meantime we need to keep up pressure on the
Iranian regime to prevent his execution.
Pastor Nadarkhani received a death sentence for apostasy (abandoning
Islam). Pastor Nadarkhani is currently on trial in Rasht. He has appeared in
court three times this week and was asked each day to renounce his faith to secure an annulment of the
apostasy charge and a lifting of the death sentence. He refused each time.
Over 50,000 people have already emailed the Iranian embassies around the world –
add your voice to theirs and support Pastor Nadarkhani.
The facts:
- Pastor Nadarkhani was repeatedly being asked by the
court in Rasht to renounce his faith in order to avoid
execution and that the last chance he was given to do so
was Wednesday 28 September, after which he could be
executed at any time.
- Pastor Nadarkhani has been charged, and faces
execution, solely on the basis of his adopting Christian
faith. As such, the Islamic Republic of Iran is violating its
obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and
Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 18 includes a provision for
the right to “have or to adopt” a religion, which has been
interpreted authoritatively by the UN Human Rights
Committee as including the right to change one’s religion.
- Iran’s constitution sanctions Christianity as a legitimate
minority faith and asserts that Christians are allowed to
freely carry out their religious rites. Article 23 asserts that
no one may be “reprimanded simply because of having a
certain belief”.
Requests:
- You should address your email to “Your Excellency, the
Ambassador of Iran” and don’ t forget to thank him for
passing on your appeal, as a sign of respect.
- Express concern over the latest developments in Pastor
Yousef Nadarkhani’s case.
- Express your hope that the Iranian judiciary will cease to
pursue their current course of action against Pastor
Nadarkhani and will acquit him of all charges, in
accordance with Iranian and international law.
- Request that the Ambassador passes your appeal on to
the Iranian Government as a matter of urgency.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by newmi(m): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
e-activist.com/ea-action/action
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2011
christians like milking their cows dry!!!

this story is old.find a new one for propaganda.

this story was exhaustively discussed and explained here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773960.32.html
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
Well, we can milk. Our Lord gave the planet all the milk of kindness it doesn't deserve. REcognise a stronger religion.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2011
reformatio:

Well, we can milk. Our Lord gave the planet all the milk of kindness it doesn't deserve. REcognise a stronger religion.

i think after the below thread,christians on nairaland have nothing to complain about muslim countries:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-830838.0.html
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2011
I rest my case. Thanks for the brilliant example of barbarism. I think he deserves more than 6 months.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell " - Matthew 10:28
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
frosbel:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell " - Matthew 10:28

John 8:44
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies".
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
Don't quote the Son of God if you only credit him with being a prophet. That's an insult.

Long live Bush
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
reformatio:

Don't quote the Son of God if you only credit him with being a prophet. That's an insult.

Long live Bush

hey Bush-man,

"Can God Have A Son"?:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811919.0.html
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
How else could he love in eternity, before man? Ever thought of that? That means the one that starts with "A" could not love before creation.

That's why it's a deficient theology. (and usually results in conflict and repressive regimes)
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2011
reformatio:

How else could he love in eternity, before man? Ever thought of that? That means the one that starts with "A" could not love before creation.
nonsense!

That's why it's a deficient theology. (and usually results in conflict and repressive regimes)
ever heard of Adolf Hitler,Benitto Musolin and Franco?

i guess those were never muslims!
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
Long live the swat team and the sharks that ate bin laden.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2011
reformatio:

Long live the swat team and the sharks that ate bin laden.

ignorance!

you're talking to the wrong person!!!

i'm no fan of bin laden,the Wahhabi CIA agent.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
That's very encouraging. Now go along and celebrate the perfect savour's birthday and you'll find out about real salvation, not fatwas and jihads and other side shows. This dialogue closed. I've got hymns to sing and sermons to preach. I will be praying for you.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
reformatio:

That's very encouraging. Now go along and celebrate the perfect savour's birthday and you'll find out about real salvation, not fatwas and jihads and other side shows. This dialogue closed. I've got hymns to sing and sermons to preach. I will be praying for you.
mumu!

reminds me of the story of Iblis (satan).when it was announced that one among the ranks of the angels would commit sin and disobey God,the angels were very alarmed and concerned.they were moved and begging for God's mercy.Iblis said to them:"Don't worry,I will pray for you"!!!
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by AnaJam: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
Dear Pastor Nadarkhani,your faith is a great encouragement for many Christians around the globe.Me and my family are praying for your liberation as we believe that the Lord will do great things through you whilst you are alive.We believe that your death and your life are equally precious in God`s eyes and in both cases Christ`s Kindom will increase.But if they kill you according to their antihuman darkages brutal laws,which can be created only by ferocious gods who celebrate when people get tortured or disabled then your blood will be speaking to murderers night by night and day by day.All the blood of Christian saints will be shouting into their violent bloodthirsty minds until they repent and start longing for alive God ,creator of Universe-Allmighty Jahve,Emmanuel,Elohim,Jehova-Nissi,Jehova-Jaire,Jehova-Rapha,Savaoff , ElShaddai,Jesus Christ.Whatever happens,millions of Christians are with you,and shame on bloodthirsty laws and their executors is on them.Dear Pastor Nadarkhani,we are praying for your strength in spirit,may God`s angels serve you at this difficult time of trial.We love you in Christ and belive that Jesus will not let you down.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by reformatio: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
Amen. And we must pray for all the bereaved of those killed in mindless attacks on Nigerian churches on Christmas day.
Re: An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release by LagosShia: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ana Jam:

Dear Pastor Nadarkhani,your faith is a great encouragement for many Christians around the globe.Me and my family are praying for your liberation as we believe that the Lord will do great things through you whilst you are alive.We believe that your death and your life are equally precious in God`s eyes and in both cases Christ`s Kindom will increase.But if they kill you according to their antihuman darkages brutal laws,which can be created only by ferocious gods who celebrate when people get tortured or disabled then your blood will be speaking to murderers night by night and day by day.All the blood of Christian saints will be shouting into their violent bloodthirsty minds until they repent and start longing for alive God ,creator of Universe-Allmighty Jahve,Emmanuel,Elohim,Jehova-Nissi,Jehova-Jaire,Jehova-Rapha,Savaoff , ElShaddai,Jesus Christ.Whatever happens,millions of Christians are with you,and shame on bloodthirsty laws and their executors is on them.Dear Pastor Nadarkhani,we are praying for your strength in spirit,may God`s angels serve you at this difficult time of trial.We love you in Christ and belive that Jesus will not let you down.

i really like this sentence from the above:

"But if they kill you according to their antihuman darkages brutal laws,which can be created only by ferocious gods who celebrate when people get tortured or disabled"

how i wish christians apply it to themselves and their god.they believe Jesus was unjustly killed by the jews and romans and they keep celebrating his death as salvation.

(1) (Reply)

Dismantling The New Testament. / Shocking: Pastor Infects Boy 14 With HIV/AIDS In Ghana / Is The "Binding And Loosing" Of Demons Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.