Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths (1143 Views)

FG To Empower 1,000 Youths In ICT / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / Fayose Employs 10 Physically-Challenged & Gives Out 35 Wheelchairs (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aloyemeka1: 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Ajimobi employs 20,000 youths [/size]
FROM GODWIN TSA, Abuja
Friday December 02, 2011

In fulfillment of the poverty alleviation programme of his administration, Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, yesterday inaugurated the state Youth Empowerment Scheme, (YES-O) during which 20,000 youths were offered immediate employment.

The governor, while speaking during the inauguration at the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium where all the 20,000 youths were gathered, urged them to be apostles and agents of change.
At the programme, witnessed by eminent natives of the state, traditional rulers, top government officials and other stakeholders, Governor Ajimobi lamented the high rate of employment amongst the youth, saying the situation, if not addressed urgently, portended danger for the country.

“The statistics of unemployment in Nigeria is indeed alarming,’’ he said, adding that of Nigeria’s 150 million population, about 40 million were unemployed. Because 45 per cent of the Nigerian population is between the ages of 15 and 40 years, the implication is that this menace of unemployment critically affects the youth.
“The menace of unemployment poses great danger, not only to the Nigerian nation, but to the peace of this country at large. As it is said, if we don’t engage the youth, they will engage us,’’ Senator Ajimobi said.

He described unemployment as a virus, which had eaten deep into the social fabrics of the nation, saying that it had caused social disquiet from the governed to the government and had the propensity to cause a revolt.
According to the governor, unemployment is the harbinger of the spate of crime, kidnapping, perennial youth unrest and the acutely unstable socio-economic structure that had bedevilled Nigeria.
“If we at the helm of affairs must continue to administer the country without any disequilibrium, an end must be made to come to the problem of unemployment in the country,’’ he said.
Governor Ajimobi noted that before now, many administrations had developed a couple of ways of tackling the rising unemployment decimal in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/02/national-02-12-2011-003.html
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by karonwiAA: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
that is good,it shows the governor is working,ACN is good
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by PointB: 12:03am On Dec 02, 2011
What are they employed as? What work would they be doing?
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aloyemeka1: 12:11am On Dec 02, 2011
Oyo must not have unemployed youths. I still remember Akala and his 5k graduate employment programme.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-334723.0.html
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 02, 2011
Just 20k?

PointB:

What are they employed as? What work would they be doing?

Wherever. As long as they make a honest living.
Could be bricklaying for all we care.
Too far off to be picky.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by PointB: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Just 20k?

Wherever. As long as they make a honest living.
Could be bricklaying for all we care.
Too far off to be picky.

Meaning they could as well be paid for doing nothing? grin grin
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aloyemeka1: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
If 20k jobs are not big, how many did Ekiti create?.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
PointB:

Meaning they could as well be paid for doing nothing? grin grin

To make a honest living, you have to do something legit.
I hope you're not one of them yahoo yahoos sha, because this your logic get as e be.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

If 20k jobs are not big, how many did Ekiti create?.

Why dont you go and find that information?
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by ektbear: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
cheap populism
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by PointB: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^
Point blank!
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Funkymallam(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
Employed to do what and to be paid how much? Smh

OYES = YES O . . . grin grin grin

20k adults employed to sweep the streets and paid 10k each abi. So much for employment lipsrsealed
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by omobadan(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
Why are people antagonising the move? At least, they're getting them off the unemployment queue. They'll be getting paid won't they? Let's be optimistic sometimes as a people. We have to learn how to be patient and see where whatever initiatives the government has come up with, will go. We can't continue to be negative all the time!
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aloyemeka1: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
omobadan:

Why are people antagonising the move? At least, they're getting them off the unemployment queue. They'll be getting paid won't they? Let's be optimistic sometimes as a people. We have to learn how to be patient and see where whatever initiatives the government has come up with, will go. We can't continue to be negative all the time!

Don't mind them as if they have jobs for those who gained the employment.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by asha80(m): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Don't mind them as if they have jobs for those who gained the employment.

is this not the same ajimobi that was crying earlier that he cannot pay the new minimum wage?
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by ektbear: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
If you spend all the money on construction instead of employing 20k youths, you'll definitely hire less labor. But you actually have something at the end of the day to show for it.

Sigh
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aloyemeka1: 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
asha 80:

is this not the same ajimobi that was crying earlier that he cannot pay the new minimum wage?

What has it gotta do with the fact that he took 20k youths off the streets?
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by asha80(m): 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

What has it gotta do with the fact that he took 20k youths off the streets?

has oyo's igr or allocation increased in the last few months?
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by jmaine: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
YES-O . . . very funny . . . . Osun own na OYES . . .  . . .looking forward to Ogun state abbreviation  cheesy . . . The tested and found wanting poverty eradication scheme is now being re-experimented  . . . . .anyway, good upkeep money to the beneficiaries . .at all . .at all . .na im bad pass . . .
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aljharem3: 12:06am On Dec 03, 2011
Funkymallam:

Employed to do what and to be paid how much? Smh

OYES = YES O . . . grin grin grin

20k adults employed to sweep the streets and paid 10k each abi. So much for employment lipsrsealed

DUDDDDEEEEE haba how can you say that

Where you not here when FG started YOUWIN. How much jobs or money has that given the youths of Nigeria ? do you care to answer

YOUWIN was a 50 billion Naira
project by the FG to provide Jobs for the Youths of this country. How many jobs as that provide, they keep extending the deadline etc, why

the original dead line was 20 November today is 2nd of december, still no one on Nairaland has gotten a call be or reply.

So this compare to that is a case of "half a bread is better than none"

This is the half bread.

20,000 naira is better than 0 naira and promises.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by jmaine: 1:04am On Dec 03, 2011
^
How would they give you a call when the process is on going . . .btw, have you applied . .
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aljharem3: 11:34am On Dec 03, 2011
jmaine:

^
How would they give you a call when the process is on going . . .btw, have you applied . .

nope but i know those that applied

btw, if the process is still going on with postponements, then who are we to make fun of a 20,000 naira job ?

A bird in hand is way better than 10 birds in the bush. I am sure you know what am talking about smiley
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Funkymallam(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

DUDDDDEEEEE haba how can you say that

Where you not here when FG started YOUWIN. How much jobs or money has that given the youths of Nigeria ? do you care to answer

YOUWIN was a 50 billion Naira
project by the FG to provide Jobs for the Youths of this country. How many jobs as that provide, they keep extending the deadline etc, why

the original dead line was 20 November today is 2nd of december, still no one on Nairaland has gotten a call be or reply.

So this compare to that is a case of "half a bread is better than none"

This is the half bread.

20,000 naira is better than 0 naira and promises.

Aboki na relax, u and this ur YouWin sef, @least u knw ppl dat v applied, let watch and see what comes out of it.
As for Ajimobi n co with bogus claim of unverifiable employments just lyk Ohakim once claimed he employed 10k youths and Orji's claim of 50k jobs, all political stunts.
He should tell us what they are employed to do and hw much they are being paid for easy verification. lipsrsealed
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aljharem3: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2011
Funkymallam:

Aboki na relax, u and this your YouWin sef, @least u knw ppl dat v applied, let watch and see what comes out of it.
As for Ajimobi n co with bogus claim of unverifiable employments just lyk Ohakim once claimed he employed 10k youths and Orji's claim of 50k jobs, all political stunts.
He should tell us what they are employed to do and hw much they are being paid for easy verification. lipsrsealed
sorry for the lash out, I though you were complaining because he gave people 20,000 Naira jobs. Now I see your point.

@ bolded, i agree

we need verification so to be sure is not just another political stunt. these politicans self lol

my brother, that youwin thing is paining me o angry . It would even pain me more if it was a scam.

The youwin scheme showed that our government lack indept understanding of the masses phycology and how people are in desperate need for Proper jobs not hand outs.

50 billion Naira invested to Innoson cars or any other indigenous company would GO A LONNNGGGG WAY to reduce unemployment.

Take a look at globacom, dangote, danjuma groups, coscharis, etc All these are indigenous companies nd have employed thousands of young graduates, I bet the same could be done to other indigenous companies.

All in all, it is already done, all we can do now is to hope he works.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by jmaine: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

nope but i know those that applied

btw, if the process is still going on with postponements, then who are we to make fun of a 20,000 naira job ?

A bird in hand is way better than 10 birds in the bush. I am sure you know what am talking about smiley

This tactics won't change the facts that this is  just a cheap shotz at  screaming job employment when there is none . . a method that has being jettisoned by other states who experimented with this  cos it amounts to nothing on the long run . . .

Youwin , though i frown on the low allocation of 1,200 would have more impacts that this so called 20,000 jobs[b] if[/b] properly implemented and the man - know - man infection is reduced . . .

Youwin is still an on going project . .sheathe your bullets until they are done . . . no use shouting for prove when the process has not ended . .cos you have been on this even before their first extension . .so your motive is wrong bruv . . .
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by aljharem3: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
jmaine:

This tactics won't change the facts that this is  just a cheap shotz at  screaming job employment when there is none . . a method that has being jettisoned by other states who experimented with this  cos it amounts to nothing on the long run . . .

Youwin , though i frown on the low allocation of 1,200 would have more impacts that this so called 20,000 jobs[b] if[/b] properly implemented and the man - know - man infection is reduced . . .

Youwin is still an on going project . .sheathe your bullets until they are done . . . no use shouting for prove when the process has not ended . .cos you have been on this even before their first extension . .so your motive is wrong bruv . . .

OK. I don hear smiley
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by Funkymallam(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

sorry for the lash out, I though you were complaining because he gave people 20,000 Naira jobs. Now I see your point.

@ bolded, i agree

we need verification so to be sure is not just another political stunt. these politicans self lol

my brother, that youwin thing is paining me o angry . It would even pain me more if it was a scam.

The youwin scheme showed that our government lack indept understanding of the masses phycology and how people are in desperate need for Proper jobs not hand outs.

50 billion Naira invested to Innoson cars or any other indigenous company would GO A LONNNGGGG WAY to reduce unemployment.

Take a look at globacom, dangote, danjuma groups, coscharis, etc All these are indigenous companies nd have employed thousands of young graduates, I bet the same could be done to other indigenous companies.

All in all, it is already done, all we can do now is to hope he works.

Gud u understand my point nw, these politicians and their stunts eh!
As for dat YouWin, am watching them closely, though am not into it but i encouraged some dudes to. Its gud we knw hw much is involved and i v been watching their geo-political area sanitizations. I pray its not scam buy if it is eh. . . I reserve my comment.
Re: Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths by omobadan(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
I agree with most of the comments regarding this type of schemes. I understand this type of scheme had already been tried in other states and it seem nothing has come out of it. I sincerely hope this isn't the case with Oyo State. The government should try and tell us what exactly those employed will be doing. We desperately need to start seeing great things in the state! 'Oyo si ma dun!' grin

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science Ph.d. Student Places Second In Acm Research Competition / Yorubas Seeks Prosecution Of Bola Ige’s Killers / We Expect Impact Of Subsidy Removal To Be Positive – Lagos Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.