Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:17 PM

Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo (5095 Views)

NNPC Staff Abducted By Gunmen In Kaduna(photo) / Redeemed Pastor Funsho-Raphael Kidnapped In Kogi During Service By Gunmen / Five People Killed By Gunmen In Plateau On Their Way To A Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Ovularia: 12:31am On Dec 02, 2011
Gunmen abduct 9-day-old babies in Imo
on DECEMBER 1, 2011 · in NEWS

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA
OWERRI—Two nine-day-old babies have been kidnapped from their cots in a private hospital at Akuma, Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State.

Vanguard investigation revealed that mothers of the babies, Mrs. Ifeoma Mbidom and Mrs. Ifeyinwa Udoyibo, were delivered of their first babies through caesarean section and were recuperating before the gun totting hoodlums stormed the hospital and made away with the babies.

The mothers told newsmen that the armed bandits, numbering five, stormed the hospital last Wednesday night, seized their babies and disappeared into the night.

Vanguard also gathered that the hoodlums have neither made any contact with the grieving mothers nor returned the hapless babies to their parents.

When newsmen contacted the new Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Samuel Oodee, he pleaded for time to get in touch with the relevant police division at Omuma so as to get the facts of the matter.

Meanwhile, a very reliable source in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, confirmed that a medical doctor and his two nurses (names withheld) have been invited for interrogation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/gunmen-abduct-9-day-old-babies-in-imo/
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hmm
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by jonex70(m): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2011
Unbelievable
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by freecocoa(f): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2011
See problem o,may God save those babies,amen.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by daisy28: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2011
i pray those babies shld not be used for rituals. embarassed
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2011
those guys abducted the thunder and anger of God! I fear for them!
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by chelseabmw(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Money Making
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Odunnu: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
Wahala! I pray the mothers get their real babies back.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by freshera: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
Might be for money-making rituals for someone or politicians.

Money, money, . . .

Pple can only use it to show off and oppress others in Naija ONLY.

Outside Naija, we will never be respected until we can build a decent society, accesible to all.

Non-nigerians will always think it is stolen money.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by LogicPower(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
Unspeakably horrible!

To storm a maternity ward of a hospital with heavy weapons and kidnap nine-day old babies in their cots, separating them from their biological mothers when they need the latter most, is PURE AND UNMITIGATED EVIL!

It must have been a horrendous nightmare for the affected mothers; just after coming out of the untold physical and emotional trauma of pregnancy and Cesarean section, this gang of heartless scumbags subjected them to this hellishly terrible experience, which, coupled with their other problems, can precipitate them into a form of postnatal depression.  

I am not a supporter of death penalty, but I would not mind if I were to see these evil and heartless criminals apprehended, tried and sentenced to death for this particularly heinous crime.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Oletunow(m): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2011
Is this a normal practice in Nigeria for women to stay in hospital 9 days after delivery?, here you r good to go on the 2nd day for normal delivery and 3 days for Cesarean section delivery, it is also interesting that both babies were nine days old,

I pray the babies are safe, they should look into these women background; if they are clean and have not exchange the babies for some favors through this means so that the public & families eyes should be deflected from them, then this is a bad sign pointing to some ritual people, I pray it is not ritual, that it is either the mothers complacency or a barren woman somewhere that needs a baby, with this we know the babies are safe and alive somewhere.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by PeeBee: 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^ 3 days after a cesarean section?
@topic, The kind of evil that goes on these days, even the devil will be amazed.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2011
Satan sef is overwhelmed with the evil that's going on in Nigeria.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by xtianh(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2011
This story has been confirmd to true, there are many stories involving kidnaping of new born babies and armed robbery attack in imo. I urge the Rochas government to act fast in oder to save life nd properties of the people of the state.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by beespak7(m): 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
Horrible !!!  2 innocent babies dammm!!! may God catch those nasty aducters, and give them and their sponsors the apropriate punnishments  angry angry
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by CyberG: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2011
Why for goodness sake!!?

Before people are calling God, God, God. . .is there no way to improve security in this God-forsaken country that people can just go and steal babies in broad daylight?? This is not an ordinary steal and it is the poweful people who are supposed to control important institutions in Nigeria that are stealing these babies! angry angry angry angry angry No police! No security! Orientation of the people is poor and base! How can anything improve!?
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2011
shocked
The level of wickedness in a man's heart.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by emmke(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2011
CyberG:

Why for goodness sake!!?

Before people are calling God, God, God. . .is there no way to improve security in this God-forsaken country that people can just go and steal babies in broad daylight?? This is not an ordinary steal and it is the poweful people who are supposed to control important institutions in Nigeria that are stealing these babies! angry angry angry angry angry No police! No security! Orientation of the people is poor and base! How can anything improve!?
guy, the same people who should be responsible for our security might be behind this i.e the politicians. The country is too damn insecured and the ordinary man is own his own. sad
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
Boyloaf:

those guys abducted the thunder and anger of God! I fear for them!
Abeg shut up. Why didn't God stop them from abducting the child?
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2011
Even if i live to be a million years, i could never understand the degree of evil and wickedness in peoples hearts that would make them do such a thing for payment shocked. They've got to be mad, seriously. If we had a functioning security/intelligence network, then some of these animals could be caught and a public example made of them.

If only one baby was taken, i could say maybe it's been contracted by an evil woman interested in getting a new baby to show as the result of some phantom pregnancy. But two babies undecided? I just pray that by some miracle they're re-united with their mums.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by lysaa(f): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2011
This is crazy! Horrible things are happening lately and they're all geared towards rituals and the likes.
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by babaowo: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2011
very sad indeed, that's what illiteracy nd poverty causes,
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by babsjnr(m): 12:32am On Dec 04, 2011
Pure evil, ridiculous stuff always happened bk home loads of people in naija are mentally sick. I wish the baby is safe
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Outstrip(f): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2011
Nigeria is hopeless
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by cynthiafred67(f): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2011
this is so sad, I just pray the babies are safe. *SMH for nija*[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by olajide8(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2011
I have never for once been a nigerian social crusader but I have to beg to deffer on something Nigeria is not the problem but the people in these parts of Nigeria were these babies were kidnapped,coupled with a very un-usual manner in which the babies were stolen from this hospital, for that matter getting back the babies alive after being starved is very slim we must also bear something in mind nemsis can sometimes be a fatherless child but it always catches up with people I don't want to talk spiritually from the perspective of the women or the abductors, but it would definately catch up with them I believe it was all planned from the beginning both by the mothers or their husbands and the abductors, , life!
Re: Two 9-day-old Babies Abducted By Gunmen In A Private Hospital In Imo by Okijajuju1(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2011
IMO State!!

Always in the news for the wrong reasons!!

If it isnt Rochas and his shinanigans, its his people acting a f'ool as usual.

Tufiakwa!! angry

(1) (Reply)

See How Naija Man Sleeps & Relaxes On Police Car While Arguing With Them Canada / My Experience Travelling With A Fulani Yesterday / Nigerian Soldier Who Died In Battlefield Yesterday(photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.