Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? (5556 Views)

Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! / Beautiful Gals Cant Cook Very Well. Pure Fallacy / I Cant Cook!i Am A White Girl.i Have Two Babys.my Husband Is An Igbo And Can Cook Very Well.i Want T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by ChrisChino(m): 4:49am On Dec 02, 2011
I'm soo surprised, any of my babe that realized that i can cook good food preety well always refuses to help me cook. some said they are scared that their food wount be as teasty as mine, ! guys, has this ever happened to you? ladies are u scared to cook for your guy especially if he knows how to cook good food?
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by kelz88(f): 5:08am On Dec 02, 2011
Na you sabi o! Not everyone is crazy about cooking. If someone else is available to do it/and can do it better I won't really bother myself.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by kadirecipe(f): 6:41am On Dec 02, 2011
She is only scared when she knows that she can't cook grin. But if she is confident about her cooking expertise that won't scare her at all wink.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by eghost247(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2011
Hahaha funny one wink wink wink and if you didn't know how to cook at all she would flaunt her cooking Skills
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2011
i for one, am such a lady who cares less about cooking and will not mind if a man cooks for me even
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2011
East:

i for one, am such a lady who cares less about cooking and will not mind if a man cooks for me even

I bet you are still single!!
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by mobf: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2011
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by freecocoa(f): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
Me scared to cook for a guy,I'm yet to see that day,even if he's the chef at Transcorp hilton hotel,I no fear am,mama taught me well.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
ChrisChino:

I'm soo surprised, any of my babe that realized that i can cook good food preety well always refuses to help me cook. some said they are scared that their food wount be as teasty as mine, ! guys, has this ever happened to you? ladies are u scared to cook for your guy especially if he knows how to cook good food?

WORD!!
happened to me too. this days i dont tell them i can cook. its always amusing to see them brag about their rubbish cooking.

i remember when i was serving some years back, my food never used to last cos every one in my posting always timed my food. esp the chicks.
till the day one bad belle one came and yabbed the girls for going to eat my food, that they had no shame. tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

its was downright funny. i didnt see them around for a while so i made moi moi one saturday morning and took some to their quarters only to have them look at themselves and politely refuse my food.!!!!

eventually, they would come back behind each other back to lem, that was how i got to know the reason y they refused my moi moi.

this days, no time for all that kitchen practical jare
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
Yep cos most of the girls dat cook 4 me alwaiz get 2 look @my xpression afta takin d first spoon of their meal, its good 4 a guy 2 know how 2 cook good quality meals
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by honeric01(m): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
@East

When it's 20 years later, let's know.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Justcash(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Poster; Get a calabar lady, tell her to cook edikangikong or afang soup for you, you will fall in love. Her ferocious kubnomiscious food will make you to capitulate no matter the level of your cooking skills. No be lie o!
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by bigsean(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
I am not a fan of a guy bragging that he can "cook"
Its like a father bragging that "he took care of his kids" ----- You are supposed to do it, you shouldn't be commended on something u are supposed to do by just being alive!!!
My point is a guy cooking is great, but not a bragging right ---- there are a thousand more things a guy can brag about.

I dont think any lady should be scared of cooking if her guy cooks well unless, "she nor know herself"
This fast paced competitive world has long moved beyond women being in the kitchen or being just a house wife.
So lets get real.
If the guy can do the cooking great, the couple can take turns in the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
East:

Oro jatijati. Nonsense.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by bravedude(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
Damn,.I can't imagine cooking for any lady.I hustle the funds she do the cooking and house work.The day u try cooking for a lady,then she start taking advantage of you.There should be limit when trying to pleasing a lady.Gosh.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
Demdem:

Oro jatijati. Nonsense.

I talk my true you callam say nonsense? You are not serious.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Okija_juju:

shocked cool tongue na true talk lipsrsealed undecided kiss
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
big_sean:

Its like a father bragging that "he took care of his kids" ----- You are supposed to do it, you shouldn't be commended on something u are supposed to do by just being alive!!!
My point is a guy cooking is great, but not a bragging right ---- there are a thousand more things a guy can brag about.

well no one is bragging here. and i doubt if any guy that can actually cook will brag about it. its more of a statement of fact.
women brag, simply cos they think the skill makes dem special.

and as for the other thousand things, give us a few examples.   i suspect u will only turn out sounding chauvinistic. THERE IS NOTHING WORTH BRAGGING ABOUT!! especially when it relates to inter-gender issues

big_sean:

I dont think any lady should be scared of cooking if her guy cooks well unless, "she nor know herself"
This fast paced competitive world has long moved beyond women being in the kitchen or being just a house wife.
So lets get real.

this is where u miss it. you are trying to sound all forward thinking, modern bloke kinda but failing miserably
NOBODY does the "taking turns" bit with a wife. not unless ur brain has been put in reserve.   there is a world of difference in cooking when the need arises, or as a treat for the family and "taking turns". all well and good if u don't actually need ur wife to eat but any woman with intelligence and wisdom will know that the day she foregoes one of the few domains thats her preserve is the day she halves her importance to the family unit

unless u married a fool like some above, no woman worthy of the name allows anyone exercise rights in her kitchen, her husband inclusive.
and the idea of taking turns is so stewpid, the household is now a rotational arrangee?

that a man can cook aint a big deal, ditto women.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by bigsean(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Clap for yourself
I laugh with sympathy at your "high school" wisdom.

(I'll reply u in a bit - driving to work)
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by mobf: 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
big_sean:

So lets get real.
Gbabe
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
No, not a big fan of cooking so all the better
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by lanrefront1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
big_sean:

^^^^^
Clap for yourself

My guy, what you are being told his right: nobody do "taking turns in the kitchen" to do the cooking with his wife. Forget about what u see on films or serial shows. Even in US and & Europe, I'm sure 95% of men don't do that. We are not saying they don't help but nonoe does what u are implying.

Stop trying to white more than the whites.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have a friend who's husband mostly cooks even when he gets back from work even though she's a housewife. It certainly dosen't make him a Mumu and she can even cook well but he enjoys cooking more and he is simply better at it. This is a man with a high profile job, my point is there is no hard and fast rule to marriages or relationship these days.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by yme1(f): 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nope!!! my ex cooks perfectly well and he loved doing the cooking sometimes kiss kiss
But on the other hand i still cook a whole lot for him because he enjoys my food, he is was so in love with my jollof rice cheesy
I'm never scared cooking for a man who is an expert in cooking believe me,  I'm pretty good at cooking and if he doesn't like the way mine taste I will gladly love it if he lets me in on how he wants it  kiss
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by iice(f): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
Scared for what?  So what if he cooks well? Even if he cooks better? undecided
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by obode(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
It is always difficult for girls to cope with guyz who are good cook,its alwayz from one
complain to another.
i just got married and am a good cook,though ma wife can cook well but
am not always satisfied wth her cooking method,for example i love to make stew with red oil instead of g.nut oil.though we are getting used to each other in terms of cooking but its not easy,cause at times i still go into the kitchen to do ma thing.

in conclusion girls just need patience to cpe with guyz who are good cook.guys too should always appreciate theirwife before laying complain.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by flofashon(m): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
I dnt think yhu have be a good cook 2 know wen a meal is delicious and 80% of gurls are good at cooking, sawri if ur gf's/wives fall into the oda 20%
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by manny4life(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
YES grin grin grin
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Rashluv: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
Its nt usualy so,its because a guy dat knws hw 2 cok is hard 2 please n cokn if u r nt a gud cok urself.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Sike(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
manny4life:

YES grin grin grin
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by godman01(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
Most of them always feel challenged when their man can cook.
Re: Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
big_sean:

^^^^^
Clap for yourself

u never reach where u de drive go? Don't be shy to admit the sense in what that guy said; you really don't "take turns" with your wife. You share the responsibility as much as you can find time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catering School In Abeokuta / The Igbo Local Vegetable Salad / The Stuff I Bought #500 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.