Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship (16164 Views)

30,000 New Polling Units’ Crisis Ahead Of 2015: Jega Dares Senate / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan / Nigerian Gay Pastor Dares Senate, Recruits More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Relax101(m): 2:25am On Dec 03, 2011
Nigerian man-lover Pastor Dares Senate, Recruits More Members!

The Senate during the week passed the anti Same-Sex Marriage Bill prohibiting all marriages between man and man and between woman and woman.

The Bill sponsored by Senator Magnus Abe, PDP, Rivers, prescribes 14 years jail term for anybody convicted of contracting marriage between same sex.

It also prescribed 10 years for anybody convicted of aiding and abetting the contraction of same sex marriage in Nigeria and also nullifies certificate of same sex marriage contracted outside the shores of Nigeria.

The act also kicked against the operation of man-lover clubs in Nigeria with a punishment of 10 years jail term without option of fine for anybody guilty of operating man-lover clubs within the country.

In 2008, Saturday Vanguard reported a story about a man-lover Reverend Rowland who was running a church secretly in Nigeria. The Church called House of Rainbow was situated at No 36/38 Yakoyo street, Ojodu Berger, Lagos. Reverend Roland some time ago reportedly appeared on Cable Network News, CNN, where he proudly talked about his church of man-loving-men.

The initial reaction about his exposure was that such a church could not exist within Nigeria as such things are common outside the country.

But an uproar in the Anglican communion in Europe on man-lover bishops brought up the case of Reverend Rowland, a Nigerian, and was residing in Lagos. He was also operating his man-lover church in Lagos.

In his plot 145 flat 1, Jakande Estate, Isolo, Lagos, where Rev. Rowland Olajide Macaulay, the man-lover pastor lived, the apartment was locked. It was learnt that the Reverend had left his house on Saturday, September 13, immediately after a national newspaper carried the story of his Same-sex church.

According to the neighbours, the Sunday service was unable to hold both at the Jakande Estate branch and the Ojodu headquarters of House of Rainbow Ministries after that publication.

Right now, Rev. Rowland has relocated abroad where he is presently running his man-lover church,”House Of Rainbow Fellowship”.

According to him, “ My Church is a voice of the younger generation of citizens, activists, and diaspora, and our collective belief in a more progressive Nigeria. They are afraid of our growing influence as we gather allies not just from the West, a people that are not afraid but powerful and resilient.

“Right now, they are spreading their tentacles to every village, town and city around the world”. The Church is also calling on faithful and dedicated local leaders who believe in homosexuality and lesbianism. Ten House Of Rainbow Fellowship local leaders are in Ghana, Nigeria, UK, Burundi, and Lesotho.

According to the man-lover pastor,  “any negative effect on the anti-man-lover bill will have detrimental effect on the work and mission of House Of Rainbow in Nigeria. The lives of LGBTI people and their friends, families and allies will be further frustrated with fear and prejudice. We need to pray and stand up against injustice”.

Nigeria is kicking against the practice of same sex marriage where homosexuality is punishable by up to 14 years in prison, so it might be a terrible time for both man-lover and religious leaders who are in support of this practice.

Meanwhile, Rev Rowland Jide Macaulay, the man-lover minister who founded the church, is leading a comeback even though he remains in self-imposed exile in London.

”Religion is a backbone to life in Nigeria, so we all want to go to church,” he said. “But we don’t want to lie to God about who we are.”

Macaulay first set up House of Rainbow in 2006, where he openly held Sunday services in a Lagos hotel hall decorated in rainbow colours. A public backlash culminated in members being beaten as they left the church. Macaulay fled to the UK after receiving death threats.

This year, he has recruited a small team that includes his local leaders in Lagos in his voluntary role.

The project could even spread beyond the borders of Africa’s most populous country. Macaulay has recently recruited a local leader in Accra, the capital of nearby Ghana. He is considering applications from Rwanda and Zimbabwe.

Pentecostal pastors often see man-lover desire as the work of demons. “You might start casually but, once you get into it, you will be possessed by the spirit,” said Emmanuel Owoyemi, a pastor in Lagos.

Meanwhile, in the 12 sharia states in the North, man-lover sex carries the death penalty, although no executions have yet taken place.

A national anti-man-lover marriage bill, which pushes for jail sentences for anyone who even assists man-lover marriage, has been before Nigeria’s parliament since 2009 and was passed recently prohibiting the practice. Macaulay, however, is not taking any chances this time.

Prayer sessions are being held in secret locations. No unknown newcomers are being admitted. He continues to preach via YouTube from London – he thinks it would be unwise to return home. “We have learnt our lesson,” he said. “It is a hostile situation.”

Being man-lover is regarded as an offence across much of Africa.

Apart from being on the wrong side of the law, many Same-sex Nigerians say exclusion from church is one of the hardest parts of being man-lover. ”We are brought up to believe that you should belong to a religion. We feel that, if we don’t go to church, God will not answer our prayers,” says a young man-lover man in Abuja, .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/homosexualism-nigerian-man-lover-pastor-dares-senate-recruits-more-members/
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by HighChief4(m): 2:37am On Dec 03, 2011
In as much as I do not condone the act of Ho[i]m[/i]osexuality, fighting these guys should not top the list of our Senate's priorities. There are other pressing issues that need to be addressed.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by honeric01(m): 2:46am On Dec 03, 2011
Well let him come back home and try it and let see what happens. the Senate does not have to do anything again, it's left to the police and the court. so forget about priorities here, the law has been passed, waiting to be signed by the president, once signed, the police can start operation while the senate face other issues.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Relax101(m): 3:29am On Dec 03, 2011
lol, 14yrs for kirikiri with correct hard labour o.
Naija no dey joke o. Make everybody answer im papa name for this matter.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by isalegan2: 5:19am On Dec 03, 2011
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBfvSRo96bwLPVcsMGquIDp6JXy2WjilW1Wdxy8k8vnSdIVhhR[/img]
http://revrowlandjidemacaulay..com/

He has dreads too?  The Ras Tafari no like them batty boys mon.  Don't go to Jamaica, mon. 

Maybe the "developed" countries can now put their money where their mouth is - start issuing visas to all the boys who are gonna inundate their embassies while seeking asylum from persecution for being homo-men.  wink  Win-Win for Naija.

Seriously, this is the kind of legislation and outcry that's not even needed.  The law is already on the books, against homo-behaviour.  And, what kind of church is gonna perform same-sex marriage in Naija?  Even so, the courts won't recognise it.  The law-makers really could have found something better to do.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Sinachay: 5:20am On Dec 03, 2011
Thank God they could not pass a ban on same-sex phocking.
Or anus to anus penetration of the same sexes.
Thank God for the likes of Rowland "Olufemi" Macaulay.
Fight for you rights jare. . . .you have my blessings. kiss
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by JamesDoe: 5:36am On Dec 03, 2011
Yeye Naija police will soon use this as an excuse when they kill people. "They were homosexuals we caught in the act, we shot them at the checkpoint before they could escape!"
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Sinachay: 5:44am On Dec 03, 2011
Just like Nigerian perverts of men have become comfortable in accusing women FALSELY about stealiing money and BlackBerry phones.
All to fing-er phock and rap-e them on Youtube! cheesy
Thank God for alternative countries to live in. . . away from these savages! kiss

I wonder if women around Nigeria will use this 'Pastor' to perfect the skills of 'corrective rap-e' huh? wink
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by DrummaBoy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2011
Jobless senators
Majoring in minors
I agree with High_Chief, we should set our priorities right in this country.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Sinachay: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2011
Good news.
Too bad all my peeps don become residents/citizens of other countries.
This is a good excuse to file 'assylum' in man-woman lover beta civilized countries jare!
I for don turn woman or goat lover kpa kpa to escape from Nigeria. grin
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by HighChief4(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^Blazay, wassup. My offer is still open oh
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Sinachay: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^Blazay, wassup. My offer is still open oh

No! cool
I don't befriend or phock Nairlanders. . .MALE OR FEMALE  kiss

Please, head to the 'Romance and Bestiality' section of nairaland for your kind. kiss

Don't contaminate me please. . . NO NAIRLANDERS!!!!!

Thank you sir! kiss

*gosh. . .these UGLY, Ngbatic, hor-ny toads have come again with their agro*
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by cyril10(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
God is angry with the wicked everyday whether people condemn the act or support it, it will never change God's stand on sin, even if they like let them dare their master the devil or the senate it will not change the mind of God their creator. What is bad is bad no matter how people tends to color it.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
High_Chief:

In as much as I do not condone the act of Ho[i]m[/i]osexuality, fighting these guys should not top the list of our Senate's priorities. There are other pressing issues that need to be addressed.
Gbam cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Soundmind(m): 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
Pls, the pastor should know that he is not bigger than Nigeria
If the generality of Nigeria say no to same sex marriage, who is he to say yes.
The man is going very close to 14 years jail term.
Warn him seriously.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2011
Is there an anti gay hotline I can call if I get checked out by a man lover?
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Dennisana(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
If i catch dat man, no need for 14yrs jail terms, i go put broomstick inside him rusty,contaminated,ill-trained pen'.*hiss*robbish man
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by eghost247(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
afam4eva:

Is there an anti man-lover hotline I can call if I get checked out by a man lover?
LMAO
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
Stupid fool, i wonder the bible he is using
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by baslone: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Dennis ana:

If i catch dat man, no need for 14yrs jail terms, i go put broomstick inside him rusty,contaminated,ill-trained pen'.*hiss*robbish man

Touch not my anoited ! He is a man of God!! shocked
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Chiori(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2011
This is where we "need" Boko Haram. In fact, they should be given a role in the nation, to fight against such stuff as gays, lesbians, and the like.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Dennisana(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2011
Touch not my anoited ! He is a man of God!!  which kind god anoint this gay-guy?
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Chiori(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
baslone:

Touch not my anoited ! He is a man of God!! shocked

Ignore, it is a gross misrepresentation of my Father.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by gnykelly(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Islam will never allow such.Christian need to come together and agree on one same BIBLE and doctrine. cos the situation where the catholic have their version of the Bible the pentecostal have theirs the JW theres. will always give a room for the devil to have HIS.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
sign of end time
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by kevoh(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
The title of the thread is kinda misleading! One would think he actually dared the senate ban and carried out the act in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, Mr. Rowland or whoever you call yourself I saw you misquoting the Bible the other day on youtube making futile attempts to defend G.ayism.Better stay in UK there because ' We are not smiling' over the issue even if others claim it's the least of our problems,you're going to be maimed and probably killed by angry people here in Naija you'll be lucky if you're arrested instead.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by purplekayc(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2011
ans why all th fuss about this thing when  there are more important things to do in the senate??
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by EkoIle1: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
lol. Id love to see them arrest this guy. Useless idiots just set us up for ridicle and condemnation.

Nigerians just got bamboozled, im 100% sure odeshuku is not signing this worthless bill, it wont see the light of the day.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
H$LBroker:

sign of end time
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by mykali(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2011
this is disgusting really. how should we even be debating an issue like this.
marriage cannot happen between a man and another man.
a gay can not be a pastor.
all this is just gibberish being spoken by this phool and which should be ignored.
Re: Same-sex Pastor Dares Senate Ban And Continues Fellowship by EkoIle1: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
Who are you to dictate to another man what he can or can not do? Are you God? Abi no be God create them same way you were created?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interesting Similarities Between Barack Obama And Uhuru Kenyatta / Umahi Announces 13th Month Salary Bonus For Workers / Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.