Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91471 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2011

Officially lost, all i posted are from the discussion in our house. But it was Sarumi that eventually got the SDP ticket, no?
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2011
Well facts of the matter remain:

Yomi Edu refused to step down for Agbalojobi

Both Yomi Edu and Agbalajobi were later disqualified

And It was Dapo Sarumi that contested and lost against Otedola
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
LOL @ the Sarumi Agbalajobi Otedola comparison. Very apt.

Old men full hia o shocked
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

LOL @ the Sarumi Agbalajobi Otedola comparison. Very apt.

Old men full hia o shocked

Says Methuselah grin grin grin grin grin grin abi u tink say we no know ?
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
Kilode

Oya come hanalyse the 1979 UPN vs NPN elections for us
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
I think Ola one was right. Am confuse now.

looks like it was Sarumi and Agbalajobi that were disqualified and Yomi Edu was the SDP candidate that lost against  Otedola judging from this piece:

Chief Dapo Sarumi is a typical Lagos politician. But beyond that he shook this nation between 1991 and 1992 when he sought the governorship ticket in Lagos.  The contest arguably remains the fiercest yet in the history of gubernatorial primaries in Nigeria.

At the end of the day, both Sarumi and his competitor, Professor Femi Agbalajobi, were disqualified from further contesting, not because they did anything bad but because it was a No-Retreat, No-Surrender scenario. But Sarumi was to shock the establishment of his party, the Social Democratic Party, SDP, when he backed Yomi Edu to clinch the guber ticket against the choice of the establishment.  Sarumi recalls those days with relish but he remains a sad, very sad man.

Hear him:  “Therefore, I would never have expected anything less from a Bola Tinubu, for whom our,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/dapo-sarumi-takes-on-tinubu-ac-we-have-created-an-emperor-in-tinubu/

http://archive.feedblitz.com/532796/~3845634
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
Lagos too complex jare

Oyo was straight between Kolapo Ishola SDP and Yekini Adeojo NRC, While Osun was between Isiaka Adeleke-Serubawon SDP and Gbenga Alabi NRC
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 12:03am On Dec 16, 2011
LOL @ UPN vs NPN, meen Yoruba politics is explosive sha. Mo beru awon Omo kaaro Ojire  lipsrsealed

Naijababe, Iya mi, Odo'mode ni mi o, I'm a Yooot.  grin

LOL @ DK. Ok, buy me Keregbe Oguro kan and I'll tell you tales by moonlight  cool
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2011
Don't be fooled by Kilode's wise old man ways. cool He's a young'un. That's my suspicion sha. He revealed it in the previous thread when that crazy DK dude was talking about an old Continental/World Cup tournament. grin
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ Se o ti ba boyfriend e soro?
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 1:26am On Dec 16, 2011
isale_gan2:

Don't be fooled by Kilode's wise old man ways. cool He's a young'un. That's my suspicion sha. He revealed it in the previous thread when that crazy DK dude was talking about an old Continental/World Cup tournament. grin

Correct.

Thank you for repairing my rep, before they kick me out of Romance section embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by AjanleKoko: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2011
OAM4J:

I think Ola one was right. Am confuse now.

looks like it was Sarumi and Agbalajobi that were disqualified and Yomi Edu was the SDP candidate that lost against  Otedola judging from this piece:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/dapo-sarumi-takes-on-tinubu-ac-we-have-created-an-emperor-in-tinubu/

http://archive.feedblitz.com/532796/~3845634

Sarumi and Agbalajobi contested against each other. Agbalajobi won the first set of SDP primaries, while Sarumi went to court. There was a a rerun and Sarumi won, and Agbalajobi went to court. Eventually both candidates were barred, and Yomi Edu became SDP candidate (he was always coming third behind both of the sloggers). Edu eventually lost to Otedola.

I remember Otedola's campaign slogan, 'That Lagos State May Now Excel.' *scoff* grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Sarumi and Agbalajobi contested against each other. Agbalajobi won the first set of SDP primaries, while Sarumi went to court. There was a a rerun and Sarumi won, and Agbalajobi went to court. Eventually both candidates were barred, and Yomi Edu became SDP candidate (he was always coming third behind both of the sloggers). Edu eventually lost to Otedola.

I remember Otedola's campaign slogan, 'That Lagos State May Now Excel.' *scoff* grin
Thank you oo, my brother. I remember the battle very clearly because I was in Lagos at the time. On holiday on the Island and I can still recollect all the posters then - splashed everywhere. Even those of contestants at Federal level like Patrick Dele Cole.

Not old enough to vote but I have always been a political animal. So I was interested in the whole process.

I think I was in JSS or something like that, not sure again.
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
Some resemblance of sense on this thread - but you know i must drop my special phrase as i missed out on page 8

ok here it goes tongue tongue tongue

grin grin 9th Page of Fluffications grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ola one:

Thank you oo, my brother. I remember the battle very clearly because I was in Lagos at the time. On holiday on the Island and I can still recollect all the posters then - splashed everywhere. Even those of contestants at Federal level like Patrick Dele Cole.

Not old enough to vote but I have always been a political animal. So I was interested in the whole process.

I think I was in JSS or something like that, not sure again.

So, Oga mi Olawonder is also a Yoot?

Una plenty for hia grin
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
Patrick Dele Cole,

Eyitayo Dan Musa

Bamanga Tukur

Lema Jibrilu,

Umaru Shinkafi

Adamu Ciroma

These were some of the NRC candidates in 1992 election
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Kilode?!:

So, Oga mi Olawonder is also a Yoot?

Una plenty for hia grin
Hmm. If it's 1992, I wasn't in JSS. I was is SSS. I thought it's 90/91.

I used to stay with an uncle in one of dem ghettos cheesy on the Island then. Or what do you call Okesuna dem.

I remember I used to fantasize about St Gregory school cool

I am not a yoot oo, Kilode?! smiley

No! No again! I used to manage City Hall for Isale!-gan!gan! and family tongue tongue

dayokanu:

Patrick Dele Cole,

Eyitayo Dan Musa

Bamanga Tukur

Lema Jibrilu,

Umaru Shinkafi

Adamu Ciroma

These were some of the NRC candidates in 1992 election
You are right. I mentioned Dele Cole b'cos his posters looked colourful and cool. Luv'd dem!
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sweet dayz for mushin. Agbalajobi's jingle was 'Mummy, Daddy Agbalajobi ni e di bo fun'. Wetin una like make una talk i be 'yoot'.
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
LOL @ "mummy, daddy Agbalajobi ni e dibo fun" Memories. .

It's funny I remember Dele Cole's posters for the same reasons, the unique surname helped too, but even then, with the tiny little knowledge of politics or anything sef, I knew Dele stood no chance.

Oga Ola did you say 1992?? Bros e ma binu pe mo pe yin ni Yootu o. Ori Idobale ni mo wa o grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
Kilode?!:

It's funny I remember Dele Cole's posters for the same reasons, the unique surname helped too, but even then, with the tiny little knowledge of politics or anything sef, I knew Dele stood no chance.

Oga Ola did you say 1992?? Bros e ma binu pe mo pe yin ni Yootu o. Ori Idobale ni mo wa o grin

Okay . . okay. Let me shame the devil jare. Honesty is a virtue!

I was a teacher at St Gregory college in 1992.

Now, Mr Kilode, I am not a yootu oooo
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ola one:

Oluwa o !!! Ase awon daddy mi ni mo n ba soro
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
naijababe:

grin grin grin
Daddy ninu yara. Abi nau.

O di yara dash dash k'a jo mi agbadun . . . . . o di yara dash dash tongue tongue tongue

It seems u b dat Mushin babe with beautiful pins I used dream about in 1980. Na lie?

Now I sabi u wink wink
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ola one:

[size=18pt]I was a teacher at St Gregory college in 1992.[/size]

Shogologobangoshie shocked shocked shocked

Oluwa mi ero

Iba eyin agbagba merindinlogun ti o te Ile Ife do
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Shogologobangoshie shocked shocked shocked

Oluwa mi ero

Iba eyin agbagba merindinlogun ti o te Ile Ife do
I became their longest serving principal in 1995 tongue tongue tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Se o ti ba boyfriend e soro?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.0.html

dayokanu:

Lagos too complex jare

That's 'cos you are ara-oke (hillbilly; country-bumpkin).  grin

Kilode?!:

. . . I'll tell you tales by moonlight  cool

Some tales, preferably poetic ones. would be nice.  DK is upsetting me.  Again!  angry

Kilode?!:

Correct.

Thank you for repairing my rep, before they kick me out of Romance section embarassed

How's it going over there?  I am curious.  Did you have to change moniker?  You know what?  We'll fish you out ourselves.  

Ola one:

Thank you oo, my brother. I remember the battle very clearly because I was in Lagos at the time. On holiday on the Island. . .

hehehehe.  That's 'cos you're ara-ókó (bushman; from the boonies).  cheesy

Ola one:

undecided You can be whoever you want to be.  If you really were FStranger, you'd know that.  On NL, you can be the queen of Ingerlund if you so wish. tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 12:16am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^Cheeky chick! cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2011
Ola one:

Professor Pa Ola, Iba o!
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 1:25am On Dec 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Colleague to Wande Abimbola, please stop that run. I was made to believe you were the little boy waving the green white green flag when Queen Elizabeth was in Nigeria during independence.

naijababe:

This NB cracks me up all the time. grin grin

Ola one:

Oh boy, you could quite easily have been my principal. tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:51am On Dec 17, 2011
Ola,
See what you have caused? You better take it all back. You'll never get candid feedback or discussions about anything ever again. These Yoruba people and their egbon aunty broda oga age discrimination crapola. grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2011
Katsumoto:

Oh boy, you could quite easily have been my principal. tongue

Did he say it was the St. Gregory School in Nippon? undecided tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 2:07am On Dec 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

Did he say it was the St. Gregory School in Nippon? undecided tongue

Quite easily; implying that if I was a student at St Gregory or if he were the principal at my school, he could have been my principal. shocked
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:11am On Dec 17, 2011
huh? what? what what what what whaaaaattt? undecided

lorda'mercy embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (68) (Reply)

We Saw This Python On Our Way Back From Church After Weeding / Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.