Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Are Nigerians Coward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Coward? (2249 Views)

Is Ike Ekweremadu A Coward And A Disloyal PDP Man? / Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Coward? by sley4life(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2011
I have observed with keen interest that Nigerian youth exhibit traits in which we can term cowardice. The country seems to be loose because the Citizens can't fight for their Rights. The last time I saw a serious march to good governance was more than 2 decades ago. The Government do not put the citizens plight in their mind. They are known to dodger on the people they govern.

The people of Cote D'Ivoire rose up and chased Laurent Gbagbo and fixed in a new leader. What about Egypt, Tunisia, Libya etc. But can we stand up for our Right? There is going to be a showdown in January regarding fuel subsidy. But how many youth will turn up for the protest. But all we see is people sticking their butt on the chair on the internet lashing the government but they have not fashion out a way to air their views.

The Country football have witnessed a torrid decline. None of the country's football teams will participate in 2012. Right from the U23 male and female, The Super Eagles etc. I called for a showdown in the Glass house on December 10th-15th but the response I received was shocking and only 3 out of 160 million Nigerians have signified their interest to partake in the march. Even the Nairaland Moderators are not really doing their best to enhance the struggle as its only Romance and some pasted news from dailies you see on their front page.

Its time for Nigerians, the youth in general to rise up and stand for your right. Where you can get a paid job, basic amenities, good road, good medical facilities, constant water supply, constant power supply etc, Thank you
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Sinachay: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2011
The greatest cowards known to mankind. grin
So-so mouth!
With hunger and poverty. . ."Give me liberty or give me death" can never factor into the Nigerian equation.
Hungry men/women do not fight.

They die beggers without conscience. . .! kiss
God bless America. . .my home sweet home! cool
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by blacksta(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2011
What kind of question is this? - Is it not obvious . shocked
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by umechuma: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
Most Nigerians are religious mumu.They would rather pray and hope forever that God will solve their problems in one form or the other instead of taking their destiny in their hands.This was a mentality our parents taught us and the present youths have perfected it.
This is a shame!!
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Chubhie: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
When the German peasants needed a leader a certain Hittler showed up. I have a feeling that nigerians are no cowards. They are waiting for the doctors that will midwife the revolution. As you know naijaz have a way of over doing stuffs so be careful what you wish for my dear.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by sley4life(m): 11:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Chuks I bet Ŧŏ disagree with you. Reading your comment means u are part of the problem. How long do you have Ŧŏ wait Ŧŏ get it right? Read my epistle again the last time I noticed such struggle was 2 decades ago. Let us rise up. Our names must be remembered that we championed a decent struggle for the progress of the country. I have decided Ŧŏ champion a decent struggle which is a march Ŧŏ the glass house. Let's our names be written in Gold. This protest will take place between the 10th-15th December @ the NFF Glass house. Interested people who wants Ŧŏ participate should signify interest. Moderators can also put it on the front page. For more details click on No problem. You can also promote our struggle for a better football in the country. Pls let's all join the struggle for a PEACEFUL MARCH @ the NFF glass house for betterment of the round lethal game, Message me for details also click http://www.wix.com/nigeriansoccerfansar/fan
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by sley4life(m): 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
Let's get it right all Nigerians. Never you camp @ the back sit
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Chubhie: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2011
Nff glass house is the least of our problems. Hope your motive is pure on this Nff stuff? You must come to equity with clean hands. Lets go the way of the swasika.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by PointB: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2011
What exactly are we protesting for? That our boys lost matches? Nonsense.

that administration is bad? Another nonsense talk?

because other are protesting worldwide?
Just say so. In any case that another nonsense.

cause not worth it. WALK ALONE!
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by sley4life(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2011
@Point read ur comment again. Its the reason u gave I call Nigerians cowards. Are you new Ŧŏ the running of the game in the country. The Lackadaisical manner NFF manage the game in the country. You sit down in beer parlor Ŧŏ watch EPL yet your league is in shambles. Yet you call the Nigerians corrupt. What have you done or willing Ŧŏ do to make the country progress? Being corrupt is better than being a coward. We have Ŧŏ start from the little Ŧŏ go for the vast.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by PointB: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2011
If at all we want to protest, it should on the basis of what the need of the component ethnic nationalities. Such.

Yorubas should protest none inclusion in in current government or monumental corruption of their past governors and other officials.

Igbos should protest against the balkanisation of Igboland (into into SS) and none existence of federal presence; a fallout of age long marginalisation.

hausa/fulani should protest the stifling of the plans to practice sharia in North, Middlebelt and Nigeria as a whole.

Middle belt should protest against been bundled as part of the north; against spreading Islamisation and killings by rampaging fulani herdsmen, fundamentalists, and terrorists.

Ogonis and Ijaws should protest against desolation  of their land and water by Nigeria and oil majors, the none passage of PIB bill and the frustration of the resource control agitation.

Efik, Annang and Ibibio should jointly protest the frustration of Tinapa and deep sea port in their territory by element of Nigeria tribalism who are frustrating them due to civil war saga/fallout. Protesting against the ceding of bakassi by Obj a Yoruba is yet to be done.

Kwarans should protest against hausa domination in a majority yorubaland.

Bini should protest for or against their Yoruba lineage.

you see OP we are not cowards, we simply have our different priorities in this contraption and would not waste energy on mundane affairs like football.

Araba!
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2011
PointB:

If at all we want to protest, it should on the basis of what the need of the component ethnic nationalities. Such.

Yorubas should protest none inclusion in in current government or monumental corruption of their past governors and other officials.

Igbos should protest against the balkanisation of Igboland and none existence of federal presence; a fallout of age long marginalisation.

hausa/fulani should protest the stifling of the plans to practice sharia in North, Middlebelt and Nigeria as a whole.

Middle belt should protest against been bundled as part of the north; against spreading Islamisation and killings by rampaging fulani herdsmen, fundamentalists, and terrorists.

Ogonis and Ijaws should protest against desolation  of their land and water by Nigeria and oil majors, the none passage of PIB bill and the frustration of the resource control agitation.

Efik, Annang and Ibibio should jointly protest the frustration of Tinapa and deep sea port in their territory by element of Nigeria tribalism who are frustrating them due to civil war saga/fallout. Protesting against the ceding of bakassi by Obj a Yoruba is yet to be done.

Kwarans should protest against hausa domination in a majority yorubaland.

Bini should protest for or against their Yoruba lineage.

you see OP we are not cowards, we simply have our different priorities in this contraption and would not waste energy on mundane affairs like football.

Araba!

If you do not understand the current situation of Yoruba, why not butt out of it?
What have Yoruba citizens gained from exclusion from this so corrupt Government?

So can you tell us exactly which region has not harbor  a corrupt Nigerian leader? Even your Ohaneze are all corrupt.  Nigerian leaders are corrupt in general, so Nierians should be protesting.

Even the cowards in the SE whose fathers fought against Nigerians no fit protest. Everybody just makes empty threats.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by 1025: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2011
yes we are but do not forget, iraqis were cowards until one day. remember how egyptians just wake up one morning and said, enough is enough and the strongest man in their country now comes to court in cage. ha, u no see gadahfi, the strongest man in africa who ended up in a hole in his fear of cowards of 42 years.
for every problem, there is an expiry date. even if these evil men are punishments to us, a day must come.
we can't be like this forever.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by PointB: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2011
@Ileke-idi
whatever your ethnic group want in Nigeria. Go for it. Just letting OP know we can protest not as Nigeria but as ethic group.

Awo was right.
"Nigeria is a mere geographical expression." QED.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by jamace(m): 11:16am On Dec 04, 2011
Our leaders have a way of winning over those who would have led a serious protest by settling/bribing them and buying them over. And once such potential is lost on the masses side, it becomes a force to be reckoned with on the looters side. That is our fate for now.

But I believe that one day be one day, monkey go go market and e no go return. Na only time will tell.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by moderatorr: 11:30am On Dec 04, 2011
@OP
is currently living in the US.

'He and other lost sons has lost touch with reality on the current situation of nigeria' - GEJ (to chinua achebe)
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Sinachay: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2011
No be lie o!
Living in a foreign country makes you lose touch with the reality in Nigeria.
My last visit only confirmed one thing.
Nigeria is a truly lost cause.
No hope!
Things are soooooooooooooooo bad!!!!
May I lose touch for ever!
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

So glad to be back. It is now my husband's turn to go and suffer that epileptic electricity supply for one WHOLE month.
God forbid I say!
Not for another 6 months of regaining my sanity!

EVERYONE IS A THIEF WHO WANTS TO MAKE YOU A THIEF!!!

God forbid I say!!!! cry
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by ak47mann(m): 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2011
yes Nigerians are cowards, accept igbos, we fought the whole useless country for 3 years none have done the same bloody cowards cool cool
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2011
Cowards are usually full of reasons and excuses for why they should be allowed to sit, a day or two more, on the sidelines. There always seems to be a reason for them to wait a little longer to act!
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

So glad to be back. It is now my husband's turn to go and suffer that epileptic electricity supply for one WHOLE month.

Please do no let your poor man lover go to Nigeria to get jailed alone. I know you went alone before the new anti- man-lover bill. Why not go together now so you can share the same prison cell?
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by keyremotes(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
We make noise when we should be quiet.
And are quiet when we should be making noise.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by antartica(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
Stu-pidity breeds cowardice and nigerian system reveres stupi-dity.Everything they do in that country seems to centre around stupidity,their imaginations,their reality,their ethics,their leadership concept and name it seems to evolve around a vicious circle of backwardness, of unreasonableness.

A silly person knows no right and therefore has no right.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2011
PointB:

@Ileke-idi
whatever your ethnic group want in Nigeria. Go for it. Just letting OP know we can protest not as Nigeria but as ethic group.

Awo was right.
"Nigeria is a mere geographical expression." QED.

Let us decide what we want. just stick out of it because your post reeks of ignorance.

PS: Judging by the type of men Nigeria is now breeding, I dont see any protest coming from those cowards. I leave it to Nigerian women to change things.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by honeric01(m): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
Y E S
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2011
Please leave Igbos out of your statement. We fought the government for 3 years.Instead of others to thank us for it, they turned a blind eye and accused us of terrorism. Please everyone should answer their papa name. It's funny that the people that always blow the whistle are the ones to run 400 meters when kasala burst.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by PointB: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Let us decide what we want. just stick out of it because your post reeks of ignorance.

PS: Judging by the type of men Nigeria is now breeding, I dont see any protest coming from those cowards. I leave it to Nigerian women to change things.

I agree perfectly with you. Treacherous cowards, of well known group, are incapable of protesting in any form, back-stabbing is much more easier. grin grin grin grin
But[b] Aba women [/b]are very busy with their husbands, and they are particularly happy with GEJ. Can Ekiti women take the lead in the street?
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Iolo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
Nigerians are waiting for God to come and make things right. Jesus is coming soon. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Litmus: 12:41am On Dec 05, 2011
Poster is over egging the pudding. The history of Nigeria is one of volatility, most  people would agree . With  coup d'etat, religious riots, civil war, ethnic clashes and now suicide bombings, cowardly is not what I'd call Nigerians.

Easterners are killed often in religious riots in the north but many still remain there. Their businesses are burnt to the ground but repeatedly they rebuild from scratch. If that is not courageous i don't know what is. I don't agree with Delta militants or Boko harem or whatever they are called but they do what they do regardless of death. Many of you come here to call Nigeria hellhole but Nigerians live there, they get married, get up every day to do what they do to survive. Is that not courageousness?

Finlay, remember that there are very many intellectuals and philosophers who argue that non-violent protests are more courageous than belligerent ones.
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Sinachay: 4:16am On Dec 05, 2011
1stCitizen:

Please do no let your poor man lover go to Nigeria to get jailed alone. I know you went alone before the new anti- man-lover bill. Why not go together now so you can share the same prison cell?

Shattap! Stalkarazzzi!
At least I have MANY man lovers. . . and rightly so.
Where are your 'WOMAN-LOVERS'? wink 0 FOR 25 since you got our ugly, bent, dwarfish brokos on NL. grin
TOTAL RECALL REJECT!
I am in a good mood. I just got super-laid. cool
What is phocking your anus? wink
Still on the subject. . . GERRRROF DA NET! YOU NGBATIC COWARD. kiss
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Emmysteve(m): 3:59am On Dec 06, 2011
Please If you are interested, you can sign up here: http://www.wix.com/ nigeriansoccerfansar/fan
Re: Are Nigerians Coward? by Emmysteve(m): 4:02am On Dec 06, 2011
Nigerians are staging a peaceful protest to NFF office between 10-15 of December 2011 pls join now http://www.wix.com/nigeriansoccerfansar/fan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Igbinedion University Students Released / Phcn Collected N3,500 Fixed Charge Before I Could Recharge My Phcn Prepaid Meter / Multi Billion Naira Shanghai Engineering Company To Be Commissioned In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.