Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

FG Denies Banning Okadas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Denies Banning Okadas (3414 Views)

FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers / FG Denies Ordering EFCC To Investigate Lamorde / FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Denies Banning Okadas by Chiori(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2011
F.G. Denies Banning Commercial Motorcycles

From Ahamefula Ogbu in Abuja

The federal government yesterday denied reports that it had banned the use of commercial motorcycles popularly called Okada as it was not interested in doing anything that would affect the livelihood of average Nigerians.

Briefing newsmen yesterday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Minister of Environment, Hadiza Mailafia said the government had not authorised any agency to ban Okada, including the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) which allegedly announced the ban.

Mailafia assured that no decision had been reached on the issue following representations and pressures mounted by the Okada riders who alleged that certain brands of motorcycles had been marked for ban based on environmental issues.

"There is no decision so far as far as I am concerned about banning the use of Achaba or Okada. Of course, we are concerned about pollution but we have not issued any statement to that effect.

"The true position is that government is calling on individuals and organisations of the entire polity to take care of their environment by complying with rules and regulations. That doesn't mean you cannot ride motorcycles," Mailafia explained.

She said she was surprised and still probing the source of such information, which she described as untrue.

She however stressed the need for Nigerians to be environmentally conscious and not engage in action that would harm the environment and their health as pollution has some severe implications.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-denies-banning-commercial-motorcycles/104157/
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by egift(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
Nigerians 1 : 0 Jonathan
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by na2day(m): 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
Lawless country! angry
U mean anyone can just come on air and make announcement
On behalf of the government, abi?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by werepeLeri: 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
na2day!:

Lawless country! angry
U mean anyone can just come on air and make announcement
On behalf of the government, abi?

lol. Who makes up a country? trees?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by okadaman2: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
We told you they cannot do it angry

My President may be slow, but he's not stupid.

Long live all Naija Bipediologists!

May we continue to Vroom Vroom over our enemies. Isee!
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^^^
LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Chiori(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
Thing is, this government is a puzzle. No one seems to understand as yet the direction it is headed. At least we knew what Obj's objective was, and Yar'Adua's yardstick. Which one be Oga GEJ own?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by maclatunji: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
This is a U-turn
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by destinedtee(m): 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2011
That is good to hear.What we need in d country presently is not ban of okada.
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
Hehehe
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by egift(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2011
Any time they want to role out any of those useless policies, this is how they go about it
- A little rumour here another there.
- If nothing happens, it becomes official
- But if Nigerians give is a good smack down, the will deny it and blame one useless PA.

President Jonathan Nigerians will defeat you. Just bring it on - Beaf and co can not force it down our throats.

Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by nku5: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2011
Executive comedy
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Ndkings1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2011
I no talk am?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by badesco(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2011
Your source pls
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
gej the great flip flopper

i said it on the tv
it wasn't me

i said it in the newspapers
it wasn't me

i even said it on facebook
it wasn't me
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by egift(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2011
oyb:

i said it on the tv
it wasn't me

it wasn't me

it wasn't me

grin grin grin grin grin
Its only him when people rejoice about the announcement. He would have denied Fuel Price Increase (aka Fuel Subsidy Removal), if not for how the information came and that he was hoping by pushing it, he and Beaf could force it down our throats. Now there is no way to blame one lousy PA or SA for the mess. As poo don dey hit fan grin
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by godman01(m): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2011
I was saying it now.
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by nsiadi: 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2011
We are waiting to hear that the fellow who dished out the ruse on okada has been sent packing
We wont like to hear that a committee has been set up to find out the circumstances surrounding it
We wont even like the police to be on top of the situation

, otherwise we will be tempted to believe that they flew a kite
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 05, 2011
This 'drunken fisherman sef', even with his eyes wide open and seeing I still thinks he need a working stick and a braille 'cus I doubt if he knows exactly were he is heading this country to.
He just brings out policies himself and his fellow drunk aides discuss over nkwobi and ogogoro in the Villa. He isn't an inch smarter than a re-tarded toddler.
(*shakes head and strolls off*)
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 05, 2011
This 'drunken fisherman sef', even with his eyes wide open and seeing I still thinks he needs a walking stick and a braille 'cus I doubt if he knows exactly were he is heading this country to.
He just brings out policies himself and his fellow drunk aides discuss over nkwobi and ogogoro in the Villa. He isn't an inch smarter than a re-tarded toddler.
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by stepo707: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2011
oyb:

i said it on the tv
it wasn't me

it wasn't me

it wasn't me

grin grin grin
Then who did?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by deemarie(f): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2011
who do we blive nau?
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by naso2(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2011
talknafree:

This 'drunken fisherman sef', even with his eyes wide open and seeing I still thinks he needs a walking stick and a braille 'cus I doubt if he knows exactly were he is heading this country to.

very shameful post .

My guy talk na free no mean say make u dey talk anyhow. u hear me?

Govt has stated the official position, can you post the report you saw initially that Okada ban will start nationwide come dec 31?

Instead of admitting that too many posters in here reacted too quickly to a rumour that had no source you are busy debasing the preisdent.
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by Kx: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2011
Any body can make bogus statements in interview and claims FG said, yet FG wont do nothing to such a one.
Its shameful.
Re: FG Denies Banning Okadas by jamilahbal: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ban okadas and increase the criminals on the streets of Nja.

(1) (Reply)

APC Chief, Falabi, Others Defect To PDP / A Brief Biography Of Atiku And Quotes. / BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.