Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? (3554 Views)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by tidytim: 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2011
Liberal Christians hate Paul, Muslims hate Paul, everyone who defends sin hates Paul. I believe one of the reasons is that he brings the fact that homosexuality is judgment from God from the O/T to the new, in the Book of Romans. Those who defend homosexuality say that Jesus said nothing about it. True, however Jesus raised up Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles and he had plenty to say about it.

Also, most of religiosity, Christianity, Judaism or Islam or whatever, love the ceremonial legalism they practice by which they think they will attain heaven. Paul clearly explains and defends the gospel of Grace. People hate the gospel of grace because that means that they can do nothing to save themselves, and people just hate that. They love to believe that if they live good lives, are tolerant, accept everyone no matter how anti God their lifestyles, that God who is love will accept them. Bull puckey. God is love, true. But he is also holy, righteous and just. He said what he said in the Scriptures. There's only one way to get to the Father and that is through his Son Jesus.

I have to believe people hate Paul is because Paul so clearly explains and defends the Gospel of Grace. Grace is the antithesis of the religious ceremonial legalism found in Islam and Judaism and every other religion on the planet.

Thank you Lord Jesus, for the Apostle Paul!! And thank you for revealing the mystery of the church and the mystery of the rapture through him!
Re: Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by Daiquiri: 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
tidytim:

Liberal Christians hate Paul, Muslims hate Paul, everyone who defends sin hates Paul. I believe one of the reasons is that he brings the fact that homosexuality is judgment from God from the O/T to the new, in the Book of Romans. Those who defend homosexuality say that Jesus said nothing about it. True, however Jesus raised up Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles and he had plenty to say about it.

Also, most of religiosity, Christianity, Judaism or Islam or whatever, love the ceremonial legalism they practice by which they think they will attain heaven. Paul clearly explains and defends the gospel of Grace. People hate the gospel of grace because that means that they can do nothing to save themselves, and people just hate that. They love to believe that if they live good lives, are tolerant, accept everyone no matter how anti God their lifestyles, that God who is love will accept them. Bull puckey. God is love, true. But he is also holy, righteous and just. He said what he said in the Scriptures. There's only one way to get to the Father and that is through his Son Jesus.

I have to believe people hate Paul is because Paul so clearly explains and defends the Gospel of Grace. Grace is the antithesis of the religious ceremonial legalism found in Islam and Judaism and every other religion on the planet.

Thank you Lord Jesus, for the Apostle Paul!! And thank you for revealing the mystery of the church and the mystery of the rapture through him!

^

I doubt everyone hates Paul

There is not anything to hate Paul for/over
Re: Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by Joagbaje(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2011
We can't afford to hate Paul, we are the fruit of his labour. He's our apostle .
Re: Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by italo: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2011
We love all the Apostles and saints who have lived through the ages. They are all our apostles and we are the fruits of their labour, not just Paul.
Re: Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by destinedtee(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2011
i thank God for d Apostle paul.
Re: Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? by 5solas(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
@OP

Yuo are right about the hatred of Paul. Virtually everyone, not everyone, hates him. The main reason is for the gospel of grace and for good measure, his position on predestination. Imagine Paul saying these within a chapter of a book:

[Quote]

Romans 9:

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16[b] So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.[/b]….
30 ¶ What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

[/Quote]

It is enough for the unregenerate to throw him bound hand and foot from the synagogue. grin grin grin

But all lovers of truth ,love him for it.

(1) (Reply)

Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. / Thread For Christians Fed Up With Denominationalism / Why Should I Worship A God That Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.