Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out (1334 Views)

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.6 is Out! / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Ralvy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2007
Yh! That's Ryt . . Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 is Out, en Out 4 good . .

The Follwoing Text was out sourced from the Developers Site:

This is perhaps the most anticipated release to date, the servers are loaded to the hilt.  Please DO NOT download this if you are running UUE 1.4 (script upgrade will take care of you).  Above all please help out others and torrent it.  Since the 4th of this month (16 days at time of posting) 1.4 to date has seen over 7 TB (nothing less then 2.6 TB a week by stats) of bandwidth just from main download server well over 2 million requests of 1.4 CD & DVD just 1 server, I remind you we have many mirrors 10 in all hosting UUE, one 200 people at a time is at max capacity on one of his 2 servers.  I can not stress how important that it is to torrent this release.  We do have a mirror to host 1.5 to try and take the load off snaple a great guy wanted to absorb 1.4 as well (may have his hands overfull in just 1.5), please, please torrent after you get it.

This release was built based off Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD.  There will be no 64 bit edition. This is Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD with KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE, and Windowmaker to name a few added and user selectable from the login window (7 in all).  This is the last in the series of Feisty Fawn based.  This is basically Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and others combinded, along with additional software integraded; This is the UUE 1.3 of Edgy based distro only Feisty Fawn; respectivly speaking.

Please be aware this release is the largest release minus Gamers made to date (it will be under a serious load so please help out and torrent), weighing in at 2.2 Gigabytes (too large for me to serve 2GB max per file here).  Those that run UUE 1.4 when the script is updated will have the option to "Upgrade" to this release.  So please don't download it if you run UUE 1.4 you will want to wait for the script update, beyond that I have tried and have sucessfully "Upgraded" to Gusty Gibson what will be 1.6 using this release (no script update until Gusty Gibson goes final, I have my hands well overfull).  Please don't PM me unless there is no other solution.  I suppose I should point out I have made an online F.A.Q. more elaborate then here, after all I am 1 MAHN.

It has all the Applications listed in UUE 1.4 (many additional updates) & the additional environments.  If that isn't enough for you the included "Upgrade" icon on the desktop will download and install for you additional apps / games (by your choice if custom is selected).

As with any other 1.4+ release in the "Ultimate" series of distrubutions or distros for short; upgrading from 1.4+ to 1.5 to 1.6 (Gusty Gibson based) etc. will be a click of the mouse away and without downloading 2GB every time.  Full releases will still be availible for download.

I have added a script I wrote (1.4+) that comes up on boot that allows Flash Adobe Acrobat reader, video drivers etc. to be installed & plays music as it downloads them from the Live DVD as well as first time it is boot (installed).

As always any software that requires a license agreement is not included, Java, Flash, Acrobat reader, Google Earth etc.  Please freat not (1.4+) included in the release is my custom repo hosted on a seperate server which contains all the software and much more.  Unlike Ubuntu Ultimate 1.3, to make life easier for users this distro will install drivers, Flash, and Acrobat reader for you apon booting from the live DVD.  After installed there is an upgrade icon on the desktop that will install Google Earth etc.

To answer the question,  What is Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.5?  It is Ubuntu Feisty Fawn with the all the software from 1.4 pre-added, many wireless issues addressed, and additional Enviornments:

KDE
XFCE
WindowMaker
Enlightenment
Sawfish
     Tons of additional games / apps from Upgrade script are availible just to name a few and only games not enough time in the day around here to write a page for.

We will let every 1 know as soon as an Ubuntunigeria loco member gets a copy. If you're running Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD, Like the developer said, Upgade Scripts will take care of you .
Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Ralvy(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2007
A later version of Ubuntu Ultimate  1.4 is being downloaded, immediately that is completed - We will begin the download for Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5.
And notify every one . . .

Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by voldemort(m): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2007
Contents:
* New theme / splash screen / wallpaper
* VCD Gear debian style
* Subversion & build tools
* Wireless Internet integration
* Bluetooth integration
* PPP integration
* Networking tools
* 35 Additional fonts
* Tons more themes
* Repository driven Beryl
* New sounds theme
* Integrated Custom repository support
* All current Updates 158 at time of posting
* IPod support
* Beagle
* Gramps - Genealogy software (thanks poweruser2600)
* Legends - Video Game
* Kapote - Instant Messenger
* Integrated codecs (the good the bad & the ugly)
* Mplayer, VLC, Songbird & Amarok players with mp3 support
* Mencoder, K9Copy, DeVeDE, DVD Shrink - dvd copying software.
* Integrated Nvidia drivers (will work with other cards)
* Automatix 2 & Automatix Bleeder (in case you want additional software)
* Gaim beta 5 & plugins
* GFTP - FTP Client
* KVIrc - IRC Client
* Additional Themes, icons, cursors & logins
* XSnow
* Samba
* NFS
* EasyTag - MP3 Tag Editor
* GDesklets
* Inkscape - 2D vector drawing
* Screem - HTML Editor
* Gambas - Programing environment
* QEMU & Kqemu Accelerator - Emulation
* Screem - HTML Editor
* Avidemux - Avi (divx /xvid) editor
* GDesklets - Eyecandy & info
* NTFS read / write support
* Lamp - web server (Apache2, mysql, PHP5)
* phpmyadmin
* Azureus - P2P software
* MS core Font's and extra fonts
* Wine - Windows emulation (always newest version - through repo)
* Alien - Allows installation of foriegn packages (RPM, suse etc)
* Gobby Team programing software
* Ksnapshot - Screen capture software
* Google Picasa - Graphic editing software
* Frostwire Pro - P2P software
* Kolourpaint - Graphic editing software
* Qcad - Autocad wannabe
* Archive Suite - virtually any archive can be handled.
* Ajunta IDE - Programing environment
* Bluefish - HTML Editor
* Glade - Interface designer
* Gtranslator
* Bit Tornado - P2P Software
* Amule - P2P software
* Kino - Flick editor
* Audacity - Sound editor
* Debian Menu (pdmenu)
* Dvdrip - Dvd ripping software
* Democracy Player
* Listen Media Manager
* Steamripper
* Ilinux (banshee)
* Gnucash - Financial software
* Aria - Download manager
* Build Essentials and make utility's
* Quanta Plus and extras - HTML Editor
* Graveman - burning software
* New Grub splash screen and animated "very pretty" boot up screen
* Bum - Boot-up manager
* Sum - Startup manager (newer improved version gtk and terminal based)
* Istanbul - Live screen capture
* Ghex - Hex editor
* Gourmet - Recipe manager
* Isomaster - CD / DVD ISO editor
* GPHPEdit - PHP Editor
* Kino - Clip editor
* Aria - Download manager
* Democracy - Movie streamer
* ClamAV - Anti-virus software
* Listen - Media manager
* DVD|RIP - Dvd ripping software
* Lifrea - RSS feed reader
* Brasero - Disc burning tool
* X-Chat - IRC Client
* QDVDAuthor - DVD authoring software
Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Ralvy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2007
Yh! That It Mayne . . . I finished the download yesterday, and I am now seeding it . .
I have started the download for both Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 DVD and Foresight Linux, I doubt if any1 knows that 1, also Linux.

Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Tini(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2007
hey ralvy can i get a copy from u.i live in abuja.this is my number and email:08038830530,shamartinoxl@yahoo.co.uk.thanks
Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Ralvy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2007
and dis is mine . . . . .
nerve.it@gmail.com, 08033735087
Re: Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 Is Out by Ralvy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2007
My Gnome Desktop

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Powers Of Your Mouse / Is Your Tweakware Vpn Still Connecting? / A Very Clean Black Sony Vaio Corei3 For Sale In Benin/Lagos/Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.