Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? (2515 Views)

I Let Her Come To My Home Now She Is Mad At Me Because I Refused Her Sex! / How Do Girls Feel After Turning A Guy Down / How To Let The Younger Guy Down Gently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by liftedone(f): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
How do I let a guy down gently and nicely? Especially a BRO?( Christian brother)? Is being a christian a licence for bros to approach every sister in the church and expect a positive answer? And when you say no, why must they always try to blackmail you emotionally and spiritually? I'm normally not very diplomatic even as a christian and I tend to just tell someone I'm not interested in them in that way but many guys just don't want to take no for an answer. The fact that I am a christian does not mean I should not have taste, does it?
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by snrapostle: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2007
my sister as a very serious citizen of nairaland wait untill u hear from God.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by yimiton(f): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
No, being a christian does not mean you shouldn't have taste but the news is that there is no way you can let a guy down "gently and nicely"
If you try that approach, you'll find yourself back to the same guy and you'll be so frustrated yet, you won't be able to break up.

This is because when you try to be nice and gentle, the guy takes it that you still like him afterall and tries even harder to blackmail you spiritually and emotionally.

The best way to do it is do it face to face. Not in your house or his, but a neutral place like an eatery.  Tell him you're not happy in the relationship.

You don't have to be apologetic neither do you have to sound guilty, but at the same time, don't be rude or insulting. Just tell him the plain truth and if he tries to hold on, you may tell him you need some time off for yourself.

Any intelligent guy knows that once a lady starts saying she wants out of a relationship for a while to clear her head, she definitely does not want him anymore.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by Ezinwannem: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2007
ehehhee.datz the passport for this pentecostal bros oooooooooooooo, Thye marry/date eachother, itz a social institution, lol
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by kiki(f): 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2007
gurl just say NO i mean freedom of speech u av right to watever u want and u dont want him so shiit its on a punk dat's gon try 2 blackmail someone cos they didnt want to go with them so shiit do watever u want 2 do
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by Alert(f): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
quote from yimiton:
there is no way you can let a guy down "gently and nicely"
If you try that approach, you'll find yourself back to the same guy and you'll be so frustrated yet, you won't be able to break up.

That's quite true, I have experienced that.   cry
I guess the best is to tell him that you are commited to someone else or you not ready to go into a relationship.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by CrazyMan(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2007
If you don't love a guy, then try and tell him right from the very first day he approaches you; even if you don't have the courage to turn him down out rightly, tell him that you're in a relationship I think that would be more polite.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by finekid(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2007
"No" is actually not a bad response, and people should learn to use it when necessary.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by Seun(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2007
If he's the kind of brother who asks 5-10 sisters out at the same time, you don't need to be considerate. smiley
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by earthrealm(m): 5:22am On Sep 27, 2007
its difficult 2 let a guy down nicely, <unless the guy is refined/culture>, 95% of the male population will still hang around tryin 2 stage a comeback,
the best thing is to call him, meet him somewhere open prefably outdoors n te;ll him whats on ur mind, as a christian he shud understand.if he has been good to u, u cud elaborate vn give him reasons, but if u have been leading him on previously then it might be a lil bit messy, no1 likes their heartz 2 be played with
good luck
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by dada22(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2007
Abeg, a NO is a NO.There's no alternative, it's left for da Bro 2 understand

If he feels bad 'bout it,tyme 'll heal, besides he has already gotten da msg & he'd be eyeing anoda Sista

Girl,Da moment u know wat u want- go for it,don't let people's opinion bother ur choice(but be responsible 4 da outcome too) wink wink

Be bless'd & don't mind dat Broda,let him look 4 anoda Sista wey go lyke am wellu wellu grin
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by Aladunni(f): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2007
earthrealm:

its difficult 2 let a guy down nicely, <unless the guy is refined/culture>, 95% of the male population will still hang around tryin 2 stage a comeback,
the best thing is to call him, meet him somewhere open prefably outdoors n te;ll him whats on your mind, as a christian he should understand.if he has been good to u, u cud elaborate vn give him reasons, but if u have been leading him on previously then it might be a little bit messy, no1 likes their heartz 2 be played with
good luck

nice one there

but may you never jam the stubborn ones. it can be annoying.
Re: How Do I Let A Guy Down Gently And Nicely? by olanajim(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2007
There are ways you can tell a guy off nicely. It depends on what he want. If it is just friendship, it is hard to do. But if he want a sizzling affair, you have to rely on your intuition.

Every man has a turn off button. Find it and you can easily get him out of your life. The trouble is, women expect all men to behave alike. It doesn't work all time. That is why they don't know where their (men) turn off button is.

(1) (Reply)

I'm 20 He's 26: Is That Bad? / Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? / My Cousin Is Inlove With Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.