Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (32503 Views)

How To Solve Internet Connection Problem On Modern Combat 5 Blackout / MODIFIED: How To Get Free Wifi Connection Anywhere, Anytime. / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by okgerald(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2011
i have a samsung galaxy s2 and it seems to have problem connecting to wifi. please has anynody experienced such cos its really giving me headache o.

moreover when i want to download some games. it says i can only do it over wifi and i cant even get my samsung to detect available wifi signals. i have a nokia that i use as hotspot to connect my pc. while my px detects the signal, my phone (galaxy s2) doesnt. any help on how to connect?

i also want to know if its possible to download game files and tranfer to my android powered galaxy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2011
ok.gerald:

i have a samsung galaxy s2 and it seems to have problem connecting to wifi. please has anynody experienced such cos its really giving me headache o.

moreover when i want to download some games. it says i can only do it over wifi and i cant even get my samsung to detect available wifi signals. i have a nokia that i use as hotspot to connect my pc. while my px detects the signal, my phone (galaxy s2) doesnt. any help on how to connect?

i also want to know if its possible to download game files and tranfer to my android powered galaxy

FYI, Android phones(tried htc,samsung) cannot connect to a adhoc network. if u dont use a router(like swift etc), ur android fones wont connect to wifi.
For me, dats d major disadvantage i see in android dat apple's ios has. i share my internet connectivity of my modem thru my laptop and my iphones,ipads and other laptops connect thru their wifi, but htc,samsung(in short, android devices) wont just connect. i get the msg "adhoc connection not supported". So maybe u need to get swift or mobitel to enjoy those powerful features of ur SGSII thru WIFI.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
ppffftt
they can, u need a custom radio firmware.

unfortunately i dont use SGS so i cant help, but my fone connects to adhoc networks just fine

if ur the same person using the nokia fone as a wifi router, then u need step up.

there are other ways to create wifi networks with ur laptop wifi card anyway, its just that from my experience it wont work with gsm internet modems, but starcomms works
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by okgerald(m): 7:41am On Dec 07, 2011
what about mtn mifi or etisalat mifi, would it connect using theses portable devices, am thinkin of getting either of these
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by Andrew3(m): 7:35am On Dec 08, 2011
on your home screen, type *#0011#, you will get a menu, press back, choose network info, choose wifi tx and xrx data, press custom,
input 18900 for rx and 18500 for tx.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by okgerald(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2011
::Andrew:::

on your home screen, type *#0011#, you will get a menu, press back, choose network info, choose wifi tx and xrx data, press custom,
input 18900 for rx and 18500 for tx.

bro what does the above does. i dont understand it

moreover i got swift 4g and it connects fine .
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by ahmmyreal(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2011
android firmware doesnt support adhoc wifi network. u need to flash a custom firmware like Cyannogen Mod or MIUI that already has adhoc connectivity. or better still if u dont want to use custom firmware or the custom firmwaw you prefer, you can flash a CMW mod to make adhoc enable on ur phone, u can googl Adhoc2.0.zip i use it on my SGS running darkyrom
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2011
Hey, my s2 connects to adhoc networks. are you talking about proxy based networks or adhoc networks?
I know Android does not connect to networks with proxy servers, although samsung makes it possible on its android phones.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by sgs2: 4:28pm On May 16, 2012
I'm having the same problem. my samsung galaxy s2 can't find my wifi hotspot, while my nokia e71 can. im using an app called connectify on my laptop to create the hotspot and my wifi hotspot mode is Ad-Hoc Encrypted WEP. what can I do to enable my samsung galaxy s2 to connect ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by Justiyke4u: 3:35am On May 17, 2012
I really want to buy dat phone whats d disadvantages of it pls
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by TheArbiter: 6:23am On Jun 17, 2012
An Android's user comment on the Wifi connectivity problem and proffered solution.

Link: http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2920637&cid=40348171

Its not Sony's fault. (Well, its no ONLY Sony's fault).

This is a long standing problem with Android and certain wifi chip sets and ICS. It first reared its head in the Nook first edition
a long time ago, then it disappeared for quite a while only to come back with a vengeance with ICS.

Simply google the words: connecting authenticating obtaining ip loop
and you will see this is common to a LOT of Android handsets and tablets.

Google search click here. [google.com]

The entire flagship HTC One line has similar problems. Samsung has the same problem, as does ZTE, Achros, Huawei and several others.
Some of these vendors (HTC) have promised fixes (and all have failed to deliver as best as I can tell).

If you fiddle with it long enough it will connect, eventually. Often rebooting your router will work, but you can't always do that.

Often connecting to your neighbor's "guest" network will work, and then subsequently reconnecting to your own network will also work fine.
(especially if said guest account is an open network with no encryption).

Its never a problem of a bad password. Its not something you can fix with a static IP.
The problem is in the actual authentication layer of the wifi connection, before it even gets around to asking for an IP Address.
Seems to affect 802.11G routers more than others. Its not specific to certain router brands.

I've alogcated my self into a stupor and dug thru some of the opensource code.
The only thing I can see is that it appears some token is supposed to be incremented by the handset with each authentication attempt, and it is not
being incremented, so the router disconnects the client. But so much of wpa_suplicant is running in binary blobs that the end user is at a
serious disadvantage trying to dig through this stuff.

I can induce this error at will on my HTC One X, and I can recover from it by simply connecting to an unprotected wifi "guest" account
near by, then wait 30 seconds, and re-connect to my wpa2 secured router. I also solved it by running a spare router with no security
and leaving the router unconnected to anything. I use this for connection, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect to my home router.

Its a major pain. But its not SONY's fault, I suspect its Google's fault or the wifi chipset manufacturer's fault.

Oh, the token I mentioned was the EAPOL replay counter. (What ever the hell that is).

See this thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=177798 [fedoraforum.org] where the resolution (near the bottom) was as I mentioned, connecting to any unsecured router than connecting back again.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by skyhighweb(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
i also have a sgs2 and having a wifi problem i can see wifi from my pc when using apps but i cant connect and i dont want to root my device
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by TheArbiter: 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
]

I can induce this error at will on my HTC One X, and I can recover from it by simply connecting to an unprotected wifi "guest" account
near by, then wait 30 seconds, and re-connect to my wpa2 secured router. I also solved it by running a spare router with no security
and leaving the router unconnected to anything. I use this for connection, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect to my home router.

See this thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=177798 [fedoraforum.org:

where the resolution (near the bottom) was as I mentioned, connecting to any unsecured router than connecting back again.

The temporary solution, as stated above, is u connect to a non WEP protected Wifi for 30 secs. Disconnect and then connect to the WEP Wifi.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by sonyjacobs(m): 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
And this is the phone am planning to buy. Am somehow confused now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem by ridboy94(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2014
ahmmyreal:
android firmware doesnt support adhoc wifi network. u need to flash a custom firmware like Cyannogen Mod or MIUI that already has adhoc connectivity. or better still if u dont want to use custom firmware or the custom firmwaw you prefer, you can flash a CMW mod to make adhoc enable on ur phone, u can googl Adhoc2.0.zip i use it on my SGS running darkyrom

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Android Phone I Can Get With Budget Of 50k Or Below? / Infinix Note 2: Infinix x600 Next BIG6 / Infinix Hot 3 Part Review: The Simple Device That Is Only Good As A Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.