Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic (6837 Views)

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / New Lagos Traffic-Law Catches First-Victim - Bullion Van Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by jarkbauer: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
i live in ogba and i work in lagos island.i normally wake up around 4:45 in the morning and get back home by 10 or 10:30pm .the stress was too much my blood pressure went up to 190/110 and started to have heart issues and i was placed on drugs then decided to get a driver.the driver issue made me get more sleep in traffic.one day,an idea came to my mind, i decided to get a bike.fortunately for me my driver knows how to ride bikes. he doesnt drink paraga nd he follows my instruction. now i leave house around 6:45 and get back before 7pm.to my surprise my blood pressure  went down now i am not on any drugs and it reads 110/70.
i pray for journey mercies.lagos traffic can kill
i dont leave my house too early to allow traffic build up and i use helmet and body protector and God has been protecting me.
this is not supposed to be in the 21century but we have been unfortunate with bad govt

sometimes i take my car to work but since i started it i ve never come back home from work with my car
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Kx: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
jarkbauer:

one an idea came to my mind i decided to get a bike.fortunately for me my driver knows how to ride bikes.
Would u recommend this your bike idea to someone doing Sango to Lekki?
Are u saying ur driver now "pick" u on the bike instead of the car?
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by jarkbauer: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kx:

Would u recommend this your bike idea to someone doing Sango to Lekki?
Are u saying your driver now "pick" u on the bike instead of the car?
i bought the bike.its bigger than the normal bike but not as big as a power bike
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by efepro(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
Good idea.apart from time factor,it even saves cost of vehicle maintenance & fueling,but due to our bad roads and recklessness of road users,d accidental risk is high.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by semid4lyfe(m): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
jackbauer:
i live in ogba and i work in lagos island.i normally wake up around 4:45 in the morning and get back home by 10 or 10:30pm .the stress was too much my blood pressure went up to 190/110 and started to have heart issues and i was placed on drugs then decided to get a driver.the driver issue made me get more sleep in traffic.one an idea came to my mind i decided to get a bike.fortunately for me my driver knows how to ride bikes. now i leave house around 6:45 and get back before 7pm.to my surprise my blood pressure  went down now i am not on any drugs and it reads 110/70.
i pray for journey mercies.lagos traffic can kill

So your solution to Lagos traffic is for people to get motorcycles? Chai, some mothers do have 'em grin tongue
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by jarkbauer: 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
semid4lyfe:

So your solution to Lagos traffic is for people to get motorcycles? Chai, some mothers do have 'em grin tongue

In a place where the govt is not responsible and i dont have money to rent house close to my work. YES. many people in the uk dont use personal cars some dont even have yet they dont complain.why? they've got responsible govts.
we live in the jungle my brother.
shld i continue to do big boi in my car while i am gradually dieing of high blood pressure
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
jarkbauer:

many people in the uk dont use personal cars some dont even have yet they dont complain.
That's because they have the real mass transit---the train. If we had that here you'd never think of the motor bike as a solution the traffic jams.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by jarkbauer: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
Costee:

That's because they have the real mass transit---the train. If we had that here you'd never think of the motor bike as a solution the traffic jams.

you all can abuse me. as long as i have peace of mind and sound health young person with high bp is letter to kidney failure
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by kunmibola(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
@OP,
Its good for you considering the facts that you are a man,u can afford a bike and u have a driver that can handle bikes. What about the ladies/women, the distance is also an issue plus the fact that not everybody can afford a bike plus a driver.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Basildon1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ OP, LOL but well nice at least for work purposes!! *thumbs up*
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by stepo707: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
jarkbauer:

In a place where the govt is not responsible and i dont have money to rent house close to my work. YES. many people in the uk dont use personal cars some dont even have yet they dont complain.why? they've got responsible govts.
we live in the jungle my brother.
shld i continue to do big boi in my car while i am gradually dieing of high blood pressure
jarkbauer:

you all can abuse me. as long as i have peace of mind and sound health young person with high bp is letter to kidney failure
Nice but Fashola is giving okada riders tough time now
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Lexusgs430: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
Lets us all have helipads on our buildings, helicopters sounds more interesting !!!! For sure no potholes for sky !!!! grin grin grin
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by jarkbauer: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2011
kunmibola:

@OP,
Its good for you considering the facts that you are a man,u can afford a bike and u have a driver that can handle bikes. What about the ladies/women, the distance is also an issue plus the fact that not everybody can afford a bike plus a driver.
yes you are right its nothing compare to personal car i use lots of body guards.one fact that really made me to decide on this was my health. i dont leave my house too early to allow traffic build up so chance to speed.so accident risks are reduced
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
LWKMD
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2011
OP I sincerely love your Courage ** Thumb Up* cheesy
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
I can't understand why some responders here think the OP's idea is ridiculous. He's posted the best solution for his circumstances, that work well for him. What's wrong with that? Good health is better than any car. Most are shunning the idea, because they're more concerned what their neighbours will think, if they see them commuting between their homes and offices on a bike.

@ Jack: Ride on, bro. I'm glad your health has taken a turn for the better, due to your solution to bad traffic.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by purplekayc(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
this is truly grin grin a first getting a driver for ur bike
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by blank(f): 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
How can ur blood pressure come down while on a bike? Abi e go increase. I no wan die young o.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by stepo707: 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
blank:

How can your blood pressure come down while on a bike? Abi e go increase. I no wan die young o.
grin grin grin
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
Hope you sit at owners corner on the bike? grin
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by executinal(m): 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
Nice discovery, hope Fashola will allow your bike driver ride you freely smiley smiley
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by kunlekunle: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
you had body rust that developed from fatigue and laziness
do more exercise
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Boyoorisha: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
I almost did the same thing, but God has given me an accomodation close to my place of work. Not a bad idea!
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Basildon1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
blank:

How can your blood pressure come down while on a bike? Abi e go increase. I no wan die young o.
E be like say u never use bike b4 grin, please dont sha. Addictive stuff! 15 mins is 15 mins, no story! (Look at the guy's face well tho, bloodshot is a NoNo!!)
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Sike(m): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
Traffic?? Thank God it's not my Way! Mi o le wa ku,
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by TRUTHTELA: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ Op, you have a second victim here, I had my good job & pay in Lagos, but often times when I travel for vacation, i'm scared of coming back to Nigeria (JUNGLE).Hence, I resigned HONORABLY & relocated to where I am now. Nigeria, gradually kills an individual & I value my peace of mind more than anything on this earth. God did not create me to SUFFER & STRUGGLE for for every little thing. When you close from work, to get out of Victoria Island, is war without an END. ( OKADA, PEDESTRIANS & CARS struggling for a two lane foot path)  I was a victim, I understand you 100%.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
Great idea, but not everyone could ride a bike or willing to even ride one.
However, i think traffic in Nigeria are self made.
The roads are terrible.
The drainage are dumb, and making it a nightmare with little rain.
People needs patience and not think they all have to go at same time, once person has to go before the pack, give the right of way. . . we need to stop trying to wanna be the king of the roads and dont have to be all about "me"
Train the cops on how to direct traffic and not collect bribe . . .

This will reduce some of the traffic . . . . The whole of Nigeria is not that big, talkless of Lagos
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by ayojango(m): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2011
U said ur bp was 190/110 and wher did u do d test neither did u say of ever being hospitalized.no hospital will ever release such a patient.dt is chronic hypertension
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by dinah777: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2011
Lol,what an inriguing but intelligent personal solution,seriously lagos traffic can send you crazy but thats why its lagos,i always get a traditionally welcome to lagos anytime am around,recent one i was stuck in traffic btw lekki and ajah for 4hrs @night,little wonder y we r tagged the happiest people on earth,we always find a way of survival around our problems,Good one but hey!Be careful on the bike thogh.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by babanne(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Op, well your own solution is an isolated one and im sure you are not recommending it to anybody.anyway,my advice is for you to be very careful on lagos roads cos many are reckless and devilish on the road.
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
Good for you @OP
Re: My Personal Solution To Lagos Traffic by DrummaBoy(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
If half of Lagos commuters imbibe this soln, especially d males, we may well be on the way to traffic soln in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? / Honda Civic 2010 / I Need A Professional Advice N Mechanic Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.