Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,809 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria (5436 Views)

Seeking A Decent Girl In Akure / Need A Decent Girl For Serious Relationship In Lagos. / I'm Coming Back To Nigeria Soon, Need A Decent Girl To Marry! Hook Me Up Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kennyhunnyinn(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2005
Can They Ever Be a Decent Girl In Nigeria?

Yes I'm talking out of experience. You knw well all these pretty chics that are 18-21 are really not dating their mates. They prefer bigger dudes, sugar dads and all that.

And I am sick about all this crap. I need a decent girl.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kazey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2005
Do you have a sister?

If you do many people also have sisters.

And their sisters are decent.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kennyhunnyinn(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2005
Well I never meant that (insult). Ok let's just say if you don't get it don't get into it, ok? But if you've got real facts you know what it is and how it feels you could know and feel what I say.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Ra(f): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2005
I believe kazey has succinctly answered that question but permit me to add one or 2 lines:

If guys would learn to look in the right places, they would find the right girls/ladies for them. However, it takes a decent guy to fully engage a decent lady in a serious relationship. Look in the mirror first; what you give is what you get.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by laideo(f): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2005
Not justifying girls that do sugar-daddy runs and all, but older men tend to understand girls better and even treat them better. Because I guess they are experienced and all.

And there are lots of decent girls in Nigeria, don't even go there. The problem with you guys is you're attracted to the "bad girls", the not-so-decent ones And then when they do you strong thing, you'd be complaning that there are no decent girls in Nigeria!
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2005
Yes they can and there are. Look for them.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kennyhunnyinn(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2005
Wow, girl, don't even say that! You say sugar-daddies tend to understand you girls more than young dude but that aren't true because there are young dudes who can understand a girl more than anything, ok?

It's just that you girls like going out with sugar daddies and after you're married you don't want to see your man with a girl. Remember this world is 'karma'. "What goes around comes around."
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by chani(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2005
hot-angel are you decent? Well there are decent girls but in the village because all city girls are too spoilt to be decent. And kennyhunnyinn, you better start searching the village if you need a decent girls. Besides my sister is decent but I wont let her with you. grin

Aight, just joking.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kazey(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2005
Decent girls in the village? You must be kidding me! Undecent and decent girls are everywhere.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by CalabarMan(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2005
I had the same opinion while on campus the babes (moremites-Unilag Babes) preferred older men (sugar daddies, working class guys) who had spare money, so they didn't look at us poor struggling students, I mentioned in one of my postings that I graduated from university as a virgin because I didn't have the resources to operate at my desired level, una think say na joke. It is really a vicious cycle cause when I graduated and had the money I went after the campus babes, am sure the campus boys must have been complaining about my deeds as well.

Anyway to trash this issue what is your definition of a decent girl, can you list them out, so we know what you are talking about.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2005
calabarman i think your problem was that your game was not tight(you weren't slick enough then). yes you must have some money when wooing a girl, but it doesnt have to be that much. it's not all about the money. what's more important is the flow and how u make the girl feel around u. a girl could be dating 10 sugar daddies and getting money from them, but she wont really love them or want to spend her life with them. she would instead want somebody around her age who's got a good flow and who she would be proud to flaunt. in this case u...if ur game is tight. if u play ur cards right she'll even be getting from her daddies and spending on u.

don't get it confused next time. MONEY matters buts it's not the ultimate. real enlightened girls LIKE LAIDE will tell u that they'll prefer a guy who every minute spent with makes them feel like they're in heaven

kennyhunnyinn keep looking but make sure your game is tight and u'll find a decent girl.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kazey(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2005
10 Gbosas for Trae.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Seun(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2005
I don't have time for small girls who have nothing upstairs except the knowledge of how to attract and milk old, married men ("suger-daddies"wink. I don't have time for a girl that is nothing without her beauty and charms.

I think such girls are a waste of time and I won't ever bring myself so low as to ask them out; so the issue of rejection doesn't come up at all. They are beneath my level.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Missworld(f): 4:22am On Jul 14, 2005
Yes kenny there are still just few "decent" ladies out there. You will be able to recognize when you see them. Don't give up! Someone is there waiting for you.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by CalabarMan(m): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2005
disallowed:

yes you must have some money when wooing a girl, but it doesnt have to be that much.

@t r a e_z: I totally agree with your statement above, however I didn't have spare cash for romance while on campus. Let me paint my financial picture back then for you. Back in the mid 80's when I entered university my father was a civil servant with 6 children in school, 4 of whom were in the University while the remaining 2 were secondary school as such he had to spread the money around. My allowee on Campus was 100 naira a month. This was just sufficient to keep body and soul going. Cooking by students wasn't popular then so we ate at the many Bukaterias (red brick buildings in UNILAG), a standard meal was 1 Naira then. I was operating a diet of 0, 1, 1 so I could have some spare cash, 40 bucks to spend on provisions and photocopying textbooks. I never bought any text book while on campus and handouts were yet to be introduced in UNILAG.

During Registration/Matriculation I met a fine well padded babe, (my ideal spec, none of those skinny and bonny Agbani type) who was also registering for the same course with me, she had the physique I liked and a sweet voice, I fell for her instantly, we never talked much, just Hi and a few questions/answers on the registration process. 1st year engineering students take the same courses so I didn't really have the opportunity to develop a good rapor with her. By our second year we had split up into our different disciplines and the classes were much smaller, so once in a while we sat together for lectures, but our gist was always about school work. I blasted my 1st semester year 2 exams and had one of the best results in class, which was posted on the notice board. Shortly after the babe walked up to me and asked if she could be my study partner of course I agreed immediately, by this time I had already developed a terrible crush for her.

Throughout 2nd semester we studied together in fact our classmates started calling us husband and wife and would change her surname on the notice board to mine. Her presence and closeness coupled with her zexy dresses (used to show off her lovely laps and big bust) was really disturbing my concentration, my 2nd semester result was not as good as the 1st but she really improved on her grades, so by the 3rd year I developed a new strategy whereby I commence studying alone earlier (by 7pm) and we meet up later by 10pm, this worked perfectly and my grades improved. Throughout this time I was dying badly for the babe but I couldn't muster up enough courage to tell her for fear of rejection and lack of enough resources to maintain the relationship.

Back then in school we used to have lots of shows especially during the 1st semester, due to my financial condition I could only attend the Miss Unilag and Mr Macho shows (alone without a date), but the babe loved all the shows, used to attend them and gist me on how great they were, I never asked her if she went alone or someone took her along, I guess I didn't want to know if she had a boyfriend and she never mentioned one. What you don't know can’t hurt you abi?. I knew I couldn't afford to take her to those shows so why start what i can’t sustain, she probably would have paid her fare but then I would still feel bad for not being able to take care of my babe the way a man should, so I maintained and died silently inside. Anyway we both graduated with very good results. Up to today she doesn't know how much I liked her back then. She is married now with kids, I heard from her last, 3 years ago. Any day I run into her I would tell her about the terrible crush I had for her back then. She would probably laugh and tell me I was very lucky for not trying to date her then eh..cause the “Isho” would have been longer than 6 inches and I would have been emotionally devastated….Moremites could be mean to fellow male students then.

Sorry I have deviated again from the subject matter of this thread with my irrelevant gist. A thousand apologies to you all….
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2005
calabar man has done it again.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by jogego(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2005
trae_z:

calabarman i think your problem was that your game was not tight(you weren't slick enough then). yes you must have some money when wooing a girl, but it doesnt have to be that much. it's not all about the money. what's more important is the flow and how you make the girl feel around you.

Well said. I agree a 180% with the above statment. What happened to self-confidence, I was also in university in Lagos in the late '80s and yes, I remember how the moremi girls were, but damn it all, though I was in Lasu, I had a gf in moremi. And in true player style, I also had a couple in my school. Now, I wasnt rich while in school, never had a permanent car, but its all a matter of your self confidence and if the babe is so fickle that you know she is all about money, then just let her sniff some money and believe that you are loaded, I tell you, you will even be collecting money from her.

And yes, it is a fact of life, majority of women relate better and date men that are more comfortable or in better status in life than them but there are the exceptions. I mean, if I tell a babe I like her, the worst will be that she will say NO. Isho no dey kill person. And what if she just decides to say yes? Na lagoon front be that...... grin
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2005
there are a lot of decent girls out there only tht u guys prefer to go for indecent ones.ur heart is telling u to go for the the cool and humble girls but your head is telling u to go for the society ladies and most of them are indecent. if u truly follow ur heart u sure will get the right girl.

Thats my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kennyhunnyinn(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2005
Wow dis is Kenny Hunny Inn, n liked da reply by trae_z wow u are da best n d word i wanna hear, cos i gat da flows n doins n my frnds call me Split Personality cos i cld make anygurl go gugugaga, n was thinkin dis kind of life neva exist but am happy i have seen my type n all dat. I have dis gurl she is a really Hot Brick if u knw wat i mean cos she is gat sugar daddies but i stil make her feel am da only 1 she is got. Trae_z u are da real hommie in here i really wanna knw ya da more here is my e mail address kennyhunnyinn@yahoo.co.uk

Kenny Hunny Inn
Split Personality
Eloquent,Diplomat, Cool, Cute n Candid.
08035267171(if u wana talk to me)
holla back
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Ra(f): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2005
erm.... kenny......,

I'm really sorry but do you speak English? I might be uncool but I can never make head or tail of your posts. Be nice enough to consider people like us who even though are interested in what you have to say, have a problem understanding your messages.

Be nice smiley
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2005
@ Ra... lol.

It takes real patience to understand people like this.. You know wannabe's of what they are not. I was actualy going with kenny's flow not until i saw a "080" number underneath her post. I was like "damn, she's in Nigeria, and she talking like this?" some people be tripping. cheesy

Anyways all that kenny the rapper is trying to pass out is that she likes disallowed and he is the best in the world, she said she has the flows and her friends call her split personality because she could make any girl go gugugaga.. (why would you make a girl go gugugaga when you are a girl. rolleyes ), She said she thought life never exist but now she does, because she has seen people that are just like her, she said she has a girl who is a really hot girl, but the main fact that the girl got sugar daddies isn't interupting the way she shows the girl how she feels. And she's the only one the girl's got.. she also said trea_z is a real hommie and she would like to know him more.

I hope i got you right kenny.

@ Ra... I tried my best to explain.. you know not everyone can understand it when people "tipe lyke dis n lyke dat n say wurds lyke dis.". You feel me Ra?
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Ra(f): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2005
Hmm...... I feel you alright! wink

Thanks for the effort and by the way for your kind words earlier. Thank you.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2005
Good you feel me. You are so welcome. It's my pleasure to give kind words to those who deserve it. smiley
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by CalabarMan(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2005
Now ladies my question. Is Kenny a man or a woman? The profile says female but the write-up indicates male.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2005
My thought exactly. maybe she/he made a mistake or is bi.

I wonder why she said she would make a girl go gugugaga.

She's the only that can say what she is.

But as for me, she's a female now.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by kazey(m): 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2005
Lesbian? hum that would be interesting. smiley
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by shockreaction(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2005
Yada yada yada, blah blah blah...
Sheesh!

Women are actually a waste of time, dude. When you are ready to settle down, find them.
On the other hand, the following factors are important for a woman to be attracted to you
- be moderately attractive, but that won't matter if
  - you've got a lot of money
  - you're in a position of power (political, organisational or otherwise)
- well, have lots of cash
- a car
- a job
- a place of your own
and some other things.

Women tell us they like sensitive guys who are funny, caring, and all that load of crap. Trust me, if you've got all the attributes you say they want, and you haven't got one of the attributes listed of above, you're doomed to be "just friends" with them.

In summary, if you choose to ignore all the above, women like a guy who's confident. And one who's capable of sweeping them off their feet too. If you can't do this, then just forget it.

But you can always take consolation in the fact that, for every guy, there's a girl and vice versa.
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Ra(f): 12:21am On Jul 15, 2005
I'm now given to concluding that a lot of Nigerian men suffer lack of exposure, confidence in their own abilities and experience, hence their lack of compunction to insist on generalising and debasing women in this ungainly fashion.

News Flash: Not every woman is interested in the meagre income you make, not every woman is overtly interested in whatever car you have. Men who only attract such babes are men who have no residue of confidence in themselves and attempt to make up for it with material possessions and flashy gifts to such girls. Check yourself, mate, before you point the accusing finger at a sister!
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by mamba(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2005
You know why It's difficult to find a decent girl in Nigeria?

[size=20pt]POVERTY[/size]
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by Missworld(f): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2005
Mamba, there may not be decent one for you because you are looking for a house wife that you can step on Abi?
Welcome to the ladies world! Don't get lost just go with the flow!

***Don't take it to heart.

1 Like

Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by nike4luv(f): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2005
Whats wrong with Nigerian girls. We are the best y'all; not all Nigerian girls are whores aight? I'm a Nigerian but I aint a ho, so there.

You better search the whole Nigeria well well before you make conclusion, all right?
Re: In Search of a Decent Girl in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 6:36am On Jul 20, 2005
Yeah.. well nike you shouldn't be replying.. Ken is your boyfriend right?? At least from what i saw on your website. Anyways he is cute i must add. Why is he acting like he ain't got no gf??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want A Man To Co-parent With Me. / Seun Pls Answer Me, I Love You / I'm Tired Of Being Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.