Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 (2318 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Ajax Amsterdam: 10% (1 vote)
Real Madrid: 80% (8 votes)
Draw: 10% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On Sunday 18th December 2011 / El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 3) On Saturday 10th December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ajax boss Frank de Boer is confident his side will claim the point they need to make certain of their qualification for the Champions League knockout stages when they host Group D leaders Real Madrid.

The Dutch champions, currently second in the group, are virtually assured of their spot in the last 16 anyway given they are three points clear of third-placed Lyon - with whom they have twice drawn 0-0 - and hold a greatly superior goal difference over the French outfit.

Nonetheless, with Lyon taking on the whipping boys of the group Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, De Boer does not want to leave anything to chance - and is expecting his players to settle the issue themselves.

"I am convinced that we will get at least a point against Real Madrid,'' De Boer said.

"In that case, we will not need the help of Zagreb.''With five wins out of five so far, Spanish giants Real have already been confirmed as group winners and their coach Jose Mourinho is resting several key players for this fixture ahead of the crunch Primera Division showdown with Barcelona at the weekend.

Star striker Cristiano Ronaldo, midfielders Sami Khedira and Lassana Diarra, defenders Marcelo and Sergio Ramos and goalkeeper Iker Casillas will all be missing from the Madrid team, but De Boer is not about to underestimate any side Mourinho puts out.

"Even if they don't play in their strongest formation, it's still a very good team,'' De Boer said.

"You saw that two weeks ago when they played a so-called 'B' team and took a 3-0 lead inside nine minutes against Dinamo Zagreb.''

Ricardo Carvalho will also not feature for Madrid due to injury, but fellow defender Alvaro Arbeloa is back after a spell on the sidelines, while midfielder Xabi Alonso returns from suspension.

For Ajax, Toby Alderweireld is out with a hamstring injury sustained in training, but defensive colleague Gregory van der Weil could make his comeback to the side.

Forwards Miralem Sulejmani and Dimitri Bulykin should also be available despite recent knocks.

Match
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by usbcable(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
go go madrid
win and create history
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
game on!
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
goooooaaal Madrid scores!!
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
higuain scores

2 - 0
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
lyon is busy spelling Dinamo Zagreb grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by mukina2: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
0 - 3 Final Score
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by executinal(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
mukina2:

0 - 3 Final Score
Men way sabi cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by medjai(m): 1:17am On Dec 08, 2011
This game saw the worst act of refereeing since the history of refreeing.
Ajax were denied two clean goals and Madrid were allowed an offside goal.
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by usbcable(m): 7:47am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^
I swear i would be dumbfounded if you didnt say what you just said.

anyways, the lines man got both calls for ajax wrong but our goals were not offside goals.

first time in my life I wished a team would score against us. I really wished ajax qualified as against that nonsense club lyon, not because of the wrong calls but because I despise lyon.
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by dydroy: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^ Same here, i felt for ajax. Plus i abhor lyon angry
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by Kx: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2011
Good one Jose
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by AjanleKoko: 8:53am On Dec 08, 2011
medjai:

This game saw the worst act of refereeing since the history of refreeing.
Ajax were denied two clean goals and Madrid were allowed an offside goal.

Ajax were unlucky, but those goals were as a result of bad defending. Both Callejon and Higuain were not tracked by the center back.
Ajax for even try play defensive.
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by viceb: 10:33am On Dec 08, 2011
Madrid all the wayyyyyyy
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by medjai(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
usbcable:

^^^
I swear i would be dumbfounded if you didnt say what you just said.

anyways, the lines man got both calls for ajax wrong but our goals were not offside goals.

first time in my life I wished a team would score against us. I really wished ajax qualified as against that nonsense club lyon, not because of the wrong calls but because I despise lyon.
AjanleKoko:

Ajax were unlucky, but those goals were as a result of bad defending. Both Callejon and Higuain were not tracked by the center back.
Ajax for even try play defensive.
I saw the highlights again and I think Callejon was just onside. Really difficult to tell.
I wasn't slating Madrid per se. It's just that the way Lyon qualified looked quite dodgy.
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by AjanleKoko: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
medjai:

I saw the highlights again and I think Callejon was just onside. Really difficult to tell.
I wasn't slating Madrid per se. It's just that the way Lyon qualified looked quite dodgy.

I know the feeling . . . let's watch on sha. Oga Platini, hmm!
Re: UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 by usbcable(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
I haven't seen the goals nor the highlights of the lyon match but come-on
its hard believing that they would loose that much.

(1) (Reply)

Walcott Relegated! / Villarreal Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th January 2012 / The Official Premier League News Thread. Read Daily Epl News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.