Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption (4583 Views)

Adamawa To Spend N200 Million On Prayer Warriors, Vigilante To Curb Boko Haram / Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House / What Can Be Done To Curb Corruption In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Beaf: 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigerian leader wants direct access to government funds blocked to curb graft[/size]
07 Dec 2011 12:45
Source: TrustLaw scrapboook // George Fominyen

DAKAR (TrustLaw) – Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is planning measures to cut authorities’ direct access to government funds in a bid to fight corruption, the West African country’s Guardian newspaper reported on Wednesday.
We shall definitely not celebrate corruption. We shall very soon set up a structure that will not allow government office holders to have direct access to funds that belong to the State called Nigeria,” Jonathan said at a meeting of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State.

Civil society groups say corruption is rife among government officials in Nigeria and as a result, the country’s oil wealth has not benefited the majority of the people who remain poor. 

The Nigerian leader, who has made the fight against corruption one of his major objectives, reiterated his government’s determination to combat graft but also warned that government officials were not the only perpetrators.

“If we all think that corruption starts and ends with political office holders, we will tackle it from a wrong side. But as a government, we shall tackle it systematically. That is why we have set up the various anti-graft bodies in Nigeria to fish out the corrupt elements among us,” Jonathan said.

http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/nigerian-leader-wants-direct-access-to-government-funds-blocked-to-curb-graft
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Beaf: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
Will all lovers of Fresh Air! please stand up?! cool
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Bawss1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
Commendable but this just talk, let him walk the walk.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by SUKURU(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
I see it coming to pass, well done
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
BEAF: e be like say u prefer to chop aroma than to chop food. take am easy for this Fresh air wey u dey smoke,
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by moderatorr: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
sir! Marine already standing sir!
Awaiting futher instructions sir!
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by kulutempa: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
Government to do this and that again.  The TOTO government is screwing Nigerians again with silly  propaganda.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by peleson: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
Good one, Good leader, i hope subsequent leaders will follow this man good trend
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by marocguy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
implement! implement! implement!
Start with d local govts. Broad daylight closeby thieves living amongst us cos i knw u r 2 slow to act d big boys,mr slow confused presido
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Okijajuju1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
Beaf:

Tell em o!!

II Genesis 20:11
And after God had rested on the Seventh day, He declared a public holiday on the 8th day and on that day he said; "Let their be Fresh Air", and their was Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!!  cool
Queen James Version!
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Godmann(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Nigerian leader wants direct access to government funds blocked to curb graft[/size]
07 Dec 2011 12:45
Source: TrustLaw scrapboook // George Fominyen

DAKAR (TrustLaw) – Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is planning measures to cut authorities’ direct access to government funds in a bid to fight corruption, the West African country’s Guardian newspaper reported on Wednesday.
We shall definitely not celebrate corruption. We shall very soon set up a structure that will not allow government office holders to have direct access to funds that belong to the State called Nigeria,” Jonathan said at a meeting of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State.

Civil society groups say corruption is rife among government officials in Nigeria and as a result, the country’s oil wealth has not benefited the majority of the people who remain poor. 

The Nigerian leader, who has made the fight against corruption one of his major objectives, reiterated his government’s determination to combat graft but also warned that government officials were not the only perpetrators.

“If we all think that corruption starts and ends with political office holders, we will tackle it from a wrong side. But as a government, we shall tackle it systematically. That is why we have set up the various anti-graft bodies in Nigeria to fish out the corrupt elements among us,” Jonathan said.

http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/nigerian-leader-wants-direct-access-to-government-funds-blocked-to-curb-graft

Silly.

How many promised have we heard from GEJ? :Millions.

How many have he achieved? Zero.

Tell us what you mentor have achieved and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Knight1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
Beaf:

eya, poor beaf. been waiting for a good reason to cheer GEJ ll these while without success, well, there you go!
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by danjohn: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ needs to stop talking and start acting. All we hear are promises. When are we going to hear results?
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by ziccoit: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ should stop all this I want want want want want want want,
What we need is I have have have have have have have have,
He no de tire of daydreaming ?
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by executinal(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ carry go
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by dmainboss: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
Godman_n:

Silly.

How many promised have we heard from GEJ? :Millions.

How many have he achieved? Zero.

Tell us what you mentor have achieved and stop deceiving yourself.

You can never see what he has achieved because you are a cynic and a chronic one for that matter. You can only see wrong. Its in your dna.

danjohn:

GEJ needs to stop talking and start acting.  All we hear are promises.  When are we going to hear results?

I dont know why we have such uneducated number of Nigerians. Have you ever seen a leader in the world that doesnt talk about what he wants to do? Obama talks like every minute. The best leaders in the worl were great talkers who kept drumming their plans and aspirations on the ears of the citizens until they were fufiiled. If he was quiet, its people like you that will say we dont even know his plans and that he probably has no plans. Please go back to school. It is never too late to go to school
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by dmainboss: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
ziccoit:

GEJ should stop all this I   want want want want want want want,
What we need is I have have have have have have have have,
He no de tire of daydreaming ?

Another dunce that thinks he is intelligent.

Great talkers that talked their socks off and performed: Abraham Lincon, Wiston churchhill, Bill clinton, Nelson Mandela and the list goes on
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Mannyla: 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
All we ever hear is what GEJ wants to do. Never what he's done. Smh undecided
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by dmainboss: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
Mannyla:

All we ever hear is what GEJ wants to do. Never what he's done. Smh undecided

Hmmm! So you didnt hear about the FOI bill? About the Free and fair elections? About the increase in power generation and power supply in some part of the country? About the new IPPs that have been granted licences to produce power? About the British Airways tackling? About the launch of the railway system? About the You-Win scheme? Can I go on?

Maybe you are deaf!
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Mannyla: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
dmainboss:

Hmmm! So you didnt hear about the FOI bill? About the Free and fair elections? About the increase in power generation and power supply in some part of the country? About the new IPPs that have been granted licences to produce power? About the British Airways tackling? About the launch of the railway system? About the You-Win scheme? Can I go on?

Maybe you are deaf!

maybe u are naive or u are one of the propaganda puppets.

Free and fair? R u kidding? Most Free and fairest perhaps. There was rigging in that election but it just wasnt as bad as it was in the past.
All those bad federal roads from abuja to lagos have not been touched. As for power, come talk to me when a week passes with steady and constant power. British airways tackling? That's his big accomplishment? that's not even GEJ's doing. The railway system was from the previous administration (yar adua's).

And the you-win scheme? ok, i've been holding myself but i have to say this, u're an idiot. Of what use is good generating good business ideas when the basic and fundamental conditions for good business are lacking; security and steady power supply. Once these two things are solved, a lot of small businesses will take off and the unemployment problem would be decreased significantly. Nigerians are smart and innovative, this you-win scheme is just another way for some1 to steal money and misappropraite funds. Nothing will come of it.

And b4 u make any reply, come back with proof of GEJ's initiatives that have borne any fruit
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Ogosoga: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
Why is it that we donmt appreciate good things, GEJ has be in power for less tha one year and we can say that there is
tangible improvement in power supply, tell me all the Almaheri's that have rulled for years, what is their achivement?
Does it mean that the are paralizd that they could not solve the power problem?
The roads that you are talking about is already bad before GEJ take over the government, so the privious leaders
what were they doing?

GEJ may not have accomplished much but his achivements in this one year alone is better than all that the almagiris has
done put together because the last time I visted Nigeria in october I can get cool water from my Refrigirator
without using my generator.

GEJ continue with your good plan and your good work because those that have eyes are seeing what you are doing
and also those that have hear is hearing your good plans.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by dmainboss: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
Mannyla:

maybe u are naive or u are one of the propaganda puppets.

Free and fair? R u kidding? Most Free and fairest perhaps. There was rigging in that election but it just wasnt as bad as it was in the past.
All those bad federal roads from abuja to lagos have not been touched. As for power, come talk t[b]o me when a week passes with steady and constant power. British airways tackling? That's his big accomplishment? that's not even GEJ's doing. The railway system was from the previous administration (yar adua's).
[/b]
And the you-win scheme? ok, i've been holding myself but i have to say this, u're an . Of what use is good generating good business ideas when the basic and fundamental conditions for good business are lacking; security and steady power supply. Once these two things are solved, a lot of small businesses will take off and the unemployment problem would be decreased significantly. Nigerians are smart and innovative, this you-win scheme is just another way for some1 to steal money and misappropraite funds. Nothing will come of it.

And b4 u make any reply, come back with proof of GEJ's initiatives that have borne any fruit

You posts only proove 2 things.

#1. You are a bitter cynic that can never see any good in life no matter how you try. its in your dna.

2. You are a partisan hypocrite who will only praise the likes of fashola even when he poos.

theres no point wasting my time
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
Beaf alot of ppl enjoy ur post but for me the problem i have with u is how u defend Mr predo. Can u tel me one thin he has done since assumin the office of c in c, that has improved the livin standards of the common man on the streets. From where i am wright now i cant see anythin, and the future is not bright also. Fuel subsidy removal, no budget yet, scls no strike, insecurity, unemployment, no light just to mention a few. So pls enlighten me, maybe i'm the only one in the dark! Lol
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Mannyla: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
well excuse me for keeping my standards high. Of course comparing him to his predecessors will make him look like Jesus. I'm not assessing his achievements in comparison to or relative to any of his predecessors but i'm assessing it based on how things should be.

@ ogosoga, I will not be blinded because he is from the south. Tribe has nothing to do with this and should not even be brought up. it is irrelevant.

@ dmainboss, i wonder where u've seen me praise fashola or any1. I'm not impressed with GEJ and i think he's unfit to be the president of a country. It's as simple as that.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Beaf: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ogosoga:

Why is it that we donmt appreciate good things, GEJ has be in power for less tha one year and we can say that there is
tangible improvement in power supply, tell me all the Almaheri's that have rulled for years, what is their achivement?
Does it mean that the are paralizd that they could not solve the power problem?
The roads that you are talking about is already bad before GEJ take over the government, so the privious leaders
what were they doing?

GEJ may not have accomplished much but his achivements in this one year alone is better than all that the almagiris has
done put together because the last time I visted Nigeria in october I can get cool water from my Refrigirator
without using my generator.

GEJ continue with your good plan and your good work because those that have eyes are seeing what you are doing
and also those that have hear is hearing your good plans.

My guy, you are talking about people who actually love the previous govts and backwardness. people who gain from the suffering of the common man and get really pissed when someone like GEJ turns up to fix things.

We call their type, winsh. Very very bad winshes! grin
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by saintneo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2011
[size=58pt]Pertinent Questions![/size]

Why was this news carried by a foreign media(Senegal, Dakar) with no corresponding information from any Nigerian media?

Is this PR laundering? Is Senegal now the PR laundering centre fro West Africa?

Pour Quoi?!
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
By the end of Jonathan's tenure, he would have become the most educated Nigerian president and the most FAILED Nigerian president. Wait and see.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Iolo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ wants to, wants to, wants to, everytime. I understand that Nigeria's problems can't be solved in a year, but it'd be helpful if he placed more emphasis on telling Nigerians tangible things he has done instead of wishing himself away.

I don't see why GEJ shouldn't be giving press conferences or them media parleys with men of the press like OBJ used to do. Such times will allow Nigerians key into his vision or better understand his cluelessness, whichever one.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Iolo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ wants to, wants to, wants to, everytime. I understand that Nigeria's problems can't be solved in a year, but it'd be helpful if he placed more emphasis on telling Nigerians tangible things he has done instead of wishing himself away.

I don't see why GEJ shouldn't be giving press conferences or them media parleys with men of the press like OBJ used to do. Such times will allow Nigerians key into his vision or better understand his cluelessness, whichever one.
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Beaf: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
Iolo:

You actually mean GEJ should tell you what he has done?! Gaddemn! Ain't you suppossed to be aware of whats going on around you? Na wa o!
Even the blind can see. cool
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Iolo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
Lmaooo. Jesus Christ. Ok I think you would rather see no fault in GEJs administration. I want him to succeed and I keep wishing he does. That doesn't mean I blindfold myself to his weaknesses the way you seem to be doing.

I was only suggesting a more direct way for GEJ to connect with the people he leads. A public forum where he's open to questions from the average Nigerian. Fashola has done it, Amaechi has done it. Fashola attends interviews as he can and I think that has helped Lagosians see him as a man of intelligence, and further helped his popularity/acceptability.

If only GEJ was to attend interviews expressing his governments position on fuel subidy for example, don't you that will ease d pains his administration is experiencing with carrying Nigerians along?
Re: GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption by Rotime1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
I could rememba the same gej promised to increase salaries when he campaigning for presidency koto doko manwalowo. Dis is another deception of his.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ayo Fayose-going...going...(see PHOTOS) / Who Says Obasanjo Is Ugly?…take A Look At This Photo / BREAKING: Dino Melaye Has Been Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.