Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! (24534 Views)

Poll: Who Deserves To Be Nairaland's Moderator Of The Year 2011?

Inspired_M: 40% (78 votes)
OAM4J: 44% (86 votes)
Jarus: 15% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

*~Fynestboi Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2013 *~ Congratulations!!! / Apology To Jarus And OAM4J / Happy Birthday Oam4j! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Busybody2(f): 3:31am On Dec 10, 2011
Jarus:

I think it's actually boiling down to popularity of sections. Politics and Autos being the highest-traffic sections are having their mods(and I'm also a beneficiary) getting more nominations, obviously by the many people that visit these sections. An exception however appears to be justwise who is having a decent run but mnoderates a low-traffic section-he must truly be doing great works.

However, I don't think popularity of your section alone earns you the nominations - you must have actually done some good as a minimum.

This is clearly an insire-m prize grin but these are Nigerians, it may not be the no of people that attend your campaign that will determine your victory. wink

Let the fun continue abeg smiley

The popularity point you inferred is only applicable to the Politics section and thats where it ends. The same reason Inspired_m is getting votes is the same reason Justwise is equally being voted, their presence has done a lot to deter scammers, and potential scammers, who were hellbent on bringing Nairaland into disrepute, hence reason most people voting them actually stated this, although Justdumb's clumsy approach of lumping criminals with innocent Travel agents could be likened to a headless chicken's own lipsrsealed

Millions of Nairas change hands daily on the autosection, so it is very vital that trust is established in that section, and this has only been possible at the insistence of members like Bizbooks, Mastro, Siena, etc who managed to convince credible dealers to cooperate in divulging their personal details to make them more transparent and accountable with Inspired_m appointed to coordinate the project, so in essence, this is for every single one of them who have worked so hard to retain the trust and confidence of people wary of having anything to do with Nigerians, especially sending money to a stranger they don't know from Adam. And patrons from the autosection have come out enmasse to support their own because after acquiring landed property, getting a car is the next major expense for men, and we all know how men are like with their cars which they sometimes treat better and pay more attention to than their own wives, when a car is just be a piece of rusty junk metal that ferries one from Point A to Point B undecided

So where is talks of new ID's flying all over the place emanating from? Two people are newbies, two people have posts counts less than 5, how can this set of people be accused just like that outta hand, they make up a cummulative grand total of 3 nomination out of the 70 odd nomination in the bag so far, which represents a measly 4.28% of the number of nominations, yet everyone who's voted's being tarred with the same murky brush of potentially being inspired's tool to do his dirty runs, with majority of these innocent folks being Nairaland members for years. Common jeez, these are fellow forumites gaddemmit

I too was initially and honestly wondering where all the votes were coming from, until i realised that the autosection had finally been able to take a breather from crooks such as PTconsult for example who managed to masquerade himself as a dealer and walked away with around N4,000,000 of innocent victims' cash, just like that undecided And he was a university student too shocked

Afterall is said and done, I am not nominating Inspired_m, other Mods still at least warn me or report me to Seun or Mukina, but he just yanks off my post just like that, the idiotic idiota angry Lawyer of property section is also invaluable to Nairaland, but his itchy fingers too is always commotting my post angry Nonsense and ingredient angry

I vote the bootilicious appleyanshed mamaput joint owner MissyB and delectable Mz Odunnu cheesy
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 4:15am On Dec 10, 2011
@Mukina 2, if it was possible to nominate u, den u are d very best, a good example for all d moderators. Despite being a very big person on dis forum, u still relate with us well. Most especially in d dating and meet-up section.
But it appears u can't be nominated because u superceed d moderators.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mikuz(m): 7:10am On Dec 10, 2011
^^ oya nominate another mod na.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2011
It's getting interesting and more fun.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mikuz(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2011
Fun no be small!
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by olawalebabs(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2011
Mikuz, i'll have love to nominate you, but but
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mukina2: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
So far we have :

Inspired_m  - 70
OAM4J  -  29
Jarus  -  25
Odunnu   - 20
Justwise  - 15
Ajanlekoko  - 9
Fayimora   - 5
r231    -  5
Jay bee  - 5
missy_B - 5
Jesoul   - 3
Dani1Luv - 3
Lawyer - 3
Odumchi  - 2
omo_to_dun  - 2
Sagamite - 2
iice    - 2
Yamakuza - 2
Dani1Luv - 2
chelseabmw  - 1
Ogugua88 - 1
Honeric_01   - 1
Lalaboi - 1
Monitor_1 - 1
BABE! - 1
Manmuswac - 1

keep the nomination coming people . . .

Keep nominating people smiley

i know the hard working mods will be overlooked,  this is purely for fun. I trust no one will say, i am this and this and even won the award for best mod,  It is not based on facts , it is what people think.

please at the end of the day this is purely for FUN ,  if we go by mod logs here hmmm  grin grin grin
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mukina2: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
Please if you have nominated before please do not try to nominate again its confusing, i had to check from the beginning again angry

If you have posted in this thread, please do not post again to nominate anyone, its hard going over 9 pages na.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by jackpot(f): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2011
muki, dani1luv's own should've been 3. shocked

he's nominated by me, mikuz & idowu-obo
cheesy cool
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by yamakuza: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2011

So far we have :

1. Inspired_m  - 70

2. OAM4J  -  29
3. Jarus  -  25
4. Odunnu   - 20

5. Justwise  - 15
6. Ajanlekoko  - 10
7. r231    -  6

8. Fayimora   - 5
9. Jay bee  - 5
10. missy_B - 5

11. Jesoul   - 3
12. Lawyer - 3
13. Dani1Luv - 3

14. Odumchi  - 2
15. omo_to_dun  - 2
16. Sagamite - 2
17. iice    - 2
18. Yamakuza - 2

19. chelseabmw  - 1
20. Ogugua88 - 1
21. Honeric_01   - 1
22. Lalaboi - 1
23. Monitor_1 - 1
24. BABE! - 1
25. Manmuswac - 1

Ajanlekoko
r231
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by newman10(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
Damn! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked seeeeeeee margin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

inspired all the way noni joor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mikuz(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
mukina2,
this is a typographical rigging!
I,jackpot and idowuogbo nominated dani1luv,
how come he now has 2 votes?
General election never start dem go dey loot ballot boxes.
Na wa o!!
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mukina2: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
jackpot:

muki, dani1luv's own should've been 3. shocked

he's nominated by me, mikuz & idowu-obo
cheesy cool
thats cuz he nominated in separated posts i guess, for i saw one for lalaboi >>> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-819947.128.html#msg9721779
ok thanks seen it now https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=819947.msg9721601#msg9721601
this is why people should just nominate two people at the same time .

mikuz:

mukina2,
this is a typographical rigging!
I,jackpot and idowuogbo nominated dani1luv,
how come he now has 2 votes?
General election never start dem go dey loot ballot boxes.
Na wa o!!
you made two separate posts, why not the same nominees in one post.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mikuz(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
haba!
It was on a latter note that i realised a voter is entitled to nominate more than one candidate.
Wanted to take full advantage of my electoral franchise! Since this is the only place im sure my vote go count.
Lol.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by mikuz(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
@olawalebab,
get serious for once,or at least for today.
Shey this place look like jokes section for ya eye.
If you must vote for me, go to music,sports or epl section and nominate me jor.

No time!

Thanks.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by sugardaddy1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
@Topic
I'm so glad my man Inspired_M won, a clear prove that diligence and Integrity count any day!

Kudos Inspired_M
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
why are locking nad unlocking this thread?

i hope some peeps are not busy stuffing the ballot box ooooooo?!
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Yorisb: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
George_D:

why are locking nad unlocking this thread?

i hope some peeps are not busy stuffing the ballot box ooooooo?!

Abi oo! grin
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by lyndy69: 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
odunnu
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GboyegaD(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2011
I nominate Jarus and Ajanlekoko.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2011
Naijacutee(can't believe no one else remembered her)
Odunnu
MissyB
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 2:00am On Dec 12, 2011
^ Is missy¤B a modrator?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 2:42am On Dec 12, 2011
My nominations are:
1. Semid4lyfe.
2. JUST-WISE.
Semid4lyfe: though He was replaced recently, but He was a moderator of d phones sectn for d greater part of 2011. He organizes d phones section archieves/library best.

JUST-WISE: Though I've never visited d travels section since I joined Nairaland Forum in 2007, but frm what I've been reading so far on dis topic, I agree with others because a moderator who can tackle scammers on dis forum is what being d best. I didn't even know scammers abound in d travels section.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by rosefleurs: 4:57am On Dec 12, 2011
BABE and OAM4J for the win!

When did Omo_To_Dun become a mod? shocked
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
Emeka 7.:

^ Is missy¤B a modrator?

yeah. she just got nominated to the food section.

any problem with that?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Odunnu: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2011
Busy_body:

The popularity point you inferred is only applicable to the Politics section and thats where it ends. The same reason Inspired_m is getting votes is the same reason Justwise is equally being voted, their presence has done a lot to deter scammers, and potential scammers, who were hellbent on bringing Nairaland into disrepute, hence reason most people voting them actually stated this, although Justdumb's clumsy approach of lumping criminals with innocent Travel agents could be likened to a headless chicken's own lipsrsealed

Millions of Nairas change hands daily on the autosection, so it is very vital that trust is established in that section, and this has only been possible at the insistence of members like Bizbooks, Mastro, Siena, etc who managed to convince credible dealers to cooperate in divulging their personal details to make them more transparent and accountable with Inspired_m appointed to coordinate the project, so in essence, this is for every single one of them who have worked so hard to retain the trust and confidence of people wary of having anything to do with Nigerians, especially sending money to a stranger they don't know from Adam. And patrons from the autosection have come out enmasse to support their own because after acquiring landed property, getting a car is the next major expense for men, and we all know how men are like with their cars which they sometimes treat better and pay more attention to than their own wives, when a car is just be a piece of rusty junk metal that ferries one from Point A to Point B undecided

So where is talks of new ID's flying all over the place emanating from? Two people are newbies, two people have posts counts less than 5, how can this set of people be accused just like that outta hand, they make up a cummulative grand total of 3 nomination out of the 70 odd nomination in the bag so far, which represents a measly 4.28% of the number of nominations, yet everyone who's voted's being tarred with the same murky brush of potentially being inspired's tool to do his dirty runs, with majority of these innocent folks being Nairaland members for years. Common jeez, these are fellow forumites gaddemmit

I too was initially and honestly wondering where all the votes were coming from, until i realised that the autosection had finally been able to take a breather from crooks such as PTconsult for example who managed to masquerade himself as a dealer and walked away with around N4,000,000 of innocent victims' cash, just like that undecided And he was a university student too shocked

Afterall is said and done, I am not nominating Inspired_m, other Mods still at least warn me or report me to Seun or Mukina, but he just yanks off my post just like that, the idiotic idiota angry Lawyer of property section is also invaluable to Nairaland, but his itchy fingers too is always commotting my post angry Nonsense and ingredient angry

I vote the [b]bootilicious appleyanshed mamaput joint owner MissyB [/b]and delectable Mz Odunnu cheesy

Kai!!! You be one kind personality, wallahi! Lol @the part in bold. MissyB must see this. choi
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by tgirl09: 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2011
Jarus
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by tedanne: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2011
I add my tally to going in favour of Ekwueme(INSPIRED_M)
goodluck man
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by festogift: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2011
my moderator of the year is

JARUS
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2011
hmmm! things are not always what they seem.

watching with eagle eyes in case of any ballot box snatching! grin
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by arikeade1: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2011
1.jarus
2.jarus
My moderator of the Decade

'tunyus'
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by jusbal(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2011
1.Jarus, all the way

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 / NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.