Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York (9186 Views)

What Late President Yar' Adua Told Me About The Shi'ites And Zakzaky - Sheikh / What Really Killed President Yar Adua / President Obama's Medical Exam Results While President Yar Adua Runs And Hides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by auwal87(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2007
This will really make the US angry with Nigeria, more also, they have signed some deals for Economic Growth together,

Is Nigeria now ally with Iran or US?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by labiyemmy(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2007
even d guy went to America and addressed Jews and University students - does that make him what to America? So noone should talk or be seen with him or what?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ topic

there's freedom of association. & last time I checked Nigeria's not yet a vassal state of the US so we're free to draw our own foreign policy.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by chidichris(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2007
the man in his address to un called on other countries of the world who are yet to get wmd to come for technology so someone shld tell yar adua to stay away from him so that he will not start thinking of wmd now.
the man is evil so people shld learn to stay away from him.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Mamajama(m): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2007
There is nothing wrong with Yar Adua taking picture or talking to this guy.

Nigeria has no problem with IRAQ and they are not our enemy. we can have dialogue with their president to see where his ideas are coming from. you don't go making enemies based on another persons allegation
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by debosky(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2007
Yaradua's guinea brocade is looking good. grin grin

who cares about ahmadinejad abi wetin be his name?

Iran and Nigeria are both members of OPEC, there is no way we will not work together in economic issues. Iran is developed in some areas such as construction and agriculture, we can learn from them and improve ourselves.

Bush can go take a running jump into the deep blue sea if he doesn't like it!
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Topsido(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2007
I have a little mistrust for the US if you must know but i feel Yaradua commited a big blunder in speaking with that man in New York at a time he hasnt built a relationship mwith the US. First impression they say,
tHOUGH I SUPPORTED HIM because AM A oBJ fan, i think Yaradua is a BUSHMAN. He needs some education!
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Danmasani(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2007
Topsido:

I have a little mistrust for the US if you must know but i feel Yaradua commited a big blunder in speaking with that man in New York at a time he hasnt built a relationship mwith the US. First impression they say,
tHOUGH I SUPPORTED HIM because AM A oBJ fan, i think Yaradua is a BUSHMAN. He needs some education!

useless remark!
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by ruledworld: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2007
Its even supportless for 'Yar Adua to Support US or its Ally, I think there is no problem meeting with Ahmadinejad, the man has a vision for his country, he has something that will make his country great, Nuclear Power is a very great power, with that they can expand their technology extensively, they can reduce un-employment drastically, and poverty will be reduced in the country by almost 100%, its a secret, look at what make America Great Now, (Nuclear Technology), it is only with Nuclear Power that you can get your Future Rocket into Space, I think every country deserves to have its own Nuclear Energy to help its country, non-the-less, it provides cheaper source of Energy to the country, So, I think it will be great if 'Yar Adua and Ahmadinejad can co-operate and bring Nuclear Power into Naija, as soon as possible,
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Jen33(m): 1:38am On Sep 28, 2007
The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has a right, indeed an obligation, to meet with whomsoever he pleases in his drive to secure a better, safer future for all Nigerians.

Kindest Regards.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by tkb417(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2007
the president of Iran is not a wanted person, is he? If it was Osama then we can start thinking aloud. As far me o, Yaradua can speak to anybody.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 10:21am On Sep 28, 2007
It's funny signing an economic agreement with a country that has little economic growth.During the Sani Abacha era,we signed such an agreement with them and I didn't notice any growing economic ties between the two of us since then.

Iran imports fuel and suffers regular fuel scarcity just like Nigeria. . . . birds of the same feather
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by acidrop(f): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by BlackMamba(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2007
debosky:
Yaradua's guinea brocade is looking good. grin grin
Bush can go take a running jump into the deep blue sea if he doesn't like it!
grin grin grin

At least we now have a presentable leader to showcase in int'l forums.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Mariory(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
I-man:

It's funny signing an economic agreement with a country that has little economic growth.During the Sani Abacha era,we signed such an agreement with them and I didn't notice any growing economic ties between the two of us since then.

Iran imports fuel and suffers regular fuel scarcity just like Nigeria. . . . birds of the same feather

Indeed. Iranians are getting poorer and are leaving the country in droves. Nothing wrong in signing an economic agreement with Iran though as long as it doesn't break UN sanctions.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2007
auwal87:

This will really make the US angry with Nigeria, more also, they have signed some deals for Economic Growth together,

Does Iran have an economy that is growing? grin

ziddy:

@ topic

there's freedom of association. & last time I checked Nigeria's not yet a vassal state of the US so we're free to draw our own foreign policy.

You presuppose that we even have anything we can refer to as a foreign policy.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by presido1: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2007
If Iranian president can be in UN assembly, then anybody can meet with him. Must we always beleive in what Washinton and London tell us about their enemies. Must we be an enemy to US enemy i dont think so. We are a soverign nation and have our right to associate as far as we are not doing it against the UN norms.

Ahmadi is a brave man and we need more people like him to counter the imbalance in this present world.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by mellow(m): 9:53am On Sep 29, 2007
It Yar'adua the President of Nigeria or is it Bush? Yar'adua do not

tell bush who to associate with and bush should not tell him and if

you ask me I will sincerely tell you that Bush is really getting over hinself.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by jaso1(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2007
Hi all,
for those that have rubbish or used all bad terms on ahmadinejad; what is it that he has done to deserve that?
i don't know when our people will reason in a world class manner; yaradua taking a decision by himself somepeople see it as a crime why? where are we going in this country? this is odious you people should wake up from slumber.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Mariory(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2007
presido1:

If Iranian president can be in UN assembly, then anybody can meet with him. Must we always beleive in what Washinton and London tell us about their enemies. Must we be an enemy to US enemy i don't think so. We are a soverign nation and have our right to associate as far as we are not doing it against the UN norms.

Ahmadi is a brave man and we need more people like him to counter the imbalance in this present world.

I pray you one day have the pleasure to leave by laws created by people like your brave Ahmadi. Oh how I wish. grin
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by labiyemmy(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2007
Betwen Ahmadijenad and Bush - who is more evil? Who hands are tainted with more innocent blood?

I want to know.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2007
@labiyemmy:

Betwen Ahmadijenad and Bush - who is more evil? Who hands are tainted with more innocent blood?

I want to know.

Bush is responsible for unaccountable number of deaths in Iraq based on his lies. I have not heard of Ahmadijenad being accused of killing people.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by osereka(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2007
thank God people eyes are now open
YOU CAN FOOL SOME PEOPLE SOMETIMES
BUT YOU CANT FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2007
Not since the prime minister of the tiny Caribbean island of Grenada presented an address claiming that UFOs posed a mortal threat to the future of mankind has the United Nations been treated to such a bizarre spectacle.

Many people believe the greatest threat to world peace concerns Iran's nuclear programme, so there was understandably great interest at this week's general assembly in New York when the country's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, took the platform.

But instead of seeking to reassure delegates that Iran's nuclear intentions were purely benign, Mr Ahmadinejad took advantage of his official visit to a country deemed – in the lexicon of the Iranian Revolution – "the Great Satan" to embark on a discourse about the wonders of the 12th Imam.

For those unacquainted with the more obscure tenets of Islamic theology, the 12th Imam is held by devout Shi'ite Muslims to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad who went into "occlusion" in the ninth century at the age of five and hasn't been seen since.

The Hidden Imam, as he is also known by his followers, will only return after a period of cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed – what Christians call the Apocalypse – and then lead the world into an era of universal peace.

Rumours abound of Mr Ahmadinejad's devotion to the 12th Imam, and last year it was reported that he had persuaded his cabinet to sign a "contract" pledging themselves to work for his return.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;jsessionid=BZ43B440BTK1VQFIQMGSFFWAVCBQWIV0?xml=/opinion/2007/09/28/do2804.xml
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 11:10am On Oct 01, 2007
@I-man,

And what has this got to do with the thread?

Seems you are desperate to introduce diversions here, as usual you will fail.

So, kindly get back to the topic and stop looking for diversions.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by ochocinco1(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2007
lmao

12th IMAM grin
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2007
Afam:

@I-man,
And what has this got to do with the thread?

What has Bush got to do with a thread concerning Ahmadinejad and Yar'adua? Are you uncomfortable that the man you are defending has lunatic views?

Rather than allaying concerns about Iran's nuclear ambitions, Mr Ahmadinejad spoke at length about how a Muslim saviour would relieve the world's suffering.

Maybe na Muslim saviour go relieve Nigeria's poverty
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2007
I-man:

What has Bush got to do with a thread concerning Ahmadinejad and Yar'adua? Are you uncomfortable that the man you are defending has lunatic views?

Rather than allaying concerns about Iran's nuclear ambitions, Mr Ahmadinejad spoke at length about how a Muslim saviour would relieve the world's suffering.

Maybe na Muslim saviour go relieve Nigeria's poverty

What concerns about Iran's nuclear ambitions? The IAEA's position is what matters unless of course what the war monger Bush thinks is important to you. In reality though even when he is wrong people like you will make his many mistakes look ordinary as you will always have a way of explaining away blunders.

Iran has made it clear it was developing nuclear technology but the US and Israel prefers to use nuclear weapon in place of nuclear technology.

In any case, if the US thinks it has the right to develop and own nuclear weapons I believe every single country that wants to develop them should be allowed to develop them.

Otherwise, the world should rid every nation of nuclear weapons, enough of lip service and double standards.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
Afam:

What concerns about Iran's nuclear ambitions?

Na Cosmo FM you dey get your news from?Here is a text of an IAEA Resolution on Iran

(K)Expressing serious concerns about Iran's nuclear programme, and agreeing that an extensive period of confidence-building is required from Iran,

http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/nic/iaea.htm

Instead of confidence building,he is busy telling us about how the 12th Imam will save humanity.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
I had thought information from IAEA's website would have made sense in this regard.

www.thehindu.com?

Comon, you can do better than this.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
Afam:

I had thought information from IAEA's website would have made sense in this regard.

www.thehindu.com?
Comon, you can do better than this.

grin  grin  grin You still dey play these your old infantile games? See the text here as well,straight from the IAEA- http://www.iaea.org/Publications/Documents/Board/2006/gov2006-14.pdf

(k) Expressing serious concerns about Iran's nuclear programme, and agreeing that an
extensive period of confidence-building is required from Iran,

Maybe you go talk say na me dey publish the Hindu or na me write the IAEA Resolution grin grin
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by JustGood(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2007
I listened to a lengthy interview with Ahmedine last week with regards to his policies and relationship with the international community, especially US, and he never mentioned any Imam or religion. He actually came across as a very methodical man and he wants to do things for his people. He seems to have a passion for Iran.

The US does not like that passion because they do not want to see Iran develop it's own technology and become independent of Western technology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria: 2009 Budget Vs 2008 Budget / Refineries To Work Full Blast In 2017 - NNPC / ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim To Deliver $4trillion Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.