Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible (1970 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by LagosShia: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
The sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Which was first--beasts or man?
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The Righteous live?
PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."
ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Jesus' first sermon-on the plain or mount?
MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, "

LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people, came to hear him,  And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said, "

Who Moved David to anger?
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Does God Tempts or Not?
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (GEN 22:1)
"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)

How Did Judas die?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (MAT 27:5)
"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (ACT 1:18)

Does every man sin?
ECC 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

JO1 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Who bears guilt?
GAL 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
GAL 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

Do you answer a fool?
PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice?
ACT 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
ACT 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by God2man(m): 4:38am On Dec 08, 2011
@Lagoshia, your attack against the Bible is increasing day by day, i would like to advise to go to the school of theology or Biblical schools. When you get there by God's grace, you will learn more about what is known as HERMENEUTICS? God bless you. God2man.
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by HISchild: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2011
@op,

I do feel pity for you, but truly I am thankful to GOD that at least you're diligently searching the holy Scriptures. - “So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” - Rom 10:17

The holy Bible is truly the most harmonious book there is or ever will be. I tell you, the things that appear to be contradictions, are not contradictions. That's the way GOD wrote / inspired it. In addition, and most important, The Lord JESUS CHRIST must open a person's eyes in HIS mercy to see truths in the holy word of GOD, otherwise, we will not see, particularly to the saving of the soul.

"And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them." - Mar 4:10-12

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things." - Luke 24:44-48

-----
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Cor 2:14
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by Lasinoh: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2011
OP
Thank you jare.  The contradictions na wah. . .like those words were written by extremely, sex-frustrated,  drunken sailors marooned on Noah's ark with absolutely nothing to do with themselves.

HOW CAN ANY SANE CREATURE BELIEVE THOSE THINGS IF NOR FOR MATERIAL AND SPIRITUAL POVERTY. . . OR ONE INFECTED WITH A TERMINAL ILLNESS OR VENEREAL DISEASE THAT HAS RAVISHED THE BRAIN TO A POINT OF UNCONSCIOUSNESS? undecided

Be kiafoo sha o.
By this time last year. . .we were burying one famous NL champion Bible Contradiction Pointer.
Please, don't receive any e-mail solicitations for 'conversion' purposes of 'sharing the word' from any NL member.
Na hired assassins go meet you before the end of the year for airing your views, like some have been unfortunate to encounter on NL

Na dem go first put your obituary for NL as 'Assassination Mourners Club Of The Assassinated'. wink

Na so-so Ogboni-Okija Sharia-Christians full for hia o!
Be kiafoo sir/ma! grin

1 Like

Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by Lasinoh: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2011
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by Lasinoh: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2011
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by Lasinoh: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2011
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5JpD6A3Tm4&feature=related[/flash]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Re: Glaring,Confusing,Disturbing And Heart-aching Contradictions In The Bible by LagosShia: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2011
God2man:

@Lagoshia, your attack against the Bible is increasing day by day, i would like to advise to go to the school of theology or Biblical schools. When you get there by God's grace, you will learn more about what is known as HERMENEUTICS? God bless you. God2man.

i do not pay fees to attend a school to learn how to live in denial and deceive what my eyes can see and what my lips can read fluently.

(1) (Reply)

Women In Ministry - N T Wright / Thunder Strikes Newlife Winner's Church, Kills Young Mother.(phototos added) / Is The Biblical Exodus Historical ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.